Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

Hi guys, could someone tell me if take together lorazepam and diazepam can make tinnitus worse?

Because I wold like to tap from lorazepam, I switching a bit slowly to diazepam.

So yesterday nigh I took 0.5mg diazepam + a little bit of lorazepam, later I felt great, but when I woke up my tinnitus begun scream.

My T started while I was doing the switch from Lorazepam to Valium. For a while I could knock it down by increasing my dose of Valium or Lorazepam  but as I tapered, it has remained pretty constant. I have seen people report getting T tapering of any Benzo...not just Valium or Lorazepam... even Z-Drugs and Antibiotics. Its called Ototoxic and there are a lot of meds that can be Ototoxic to our hearing.

I don't get more than a couple of hours sleep because of  Benxo Insomnia anyway ...T has made it more difficult.  About all I have been able to do at night is use "masking" sounds off the internet

with ear buds.  In the daytime it doesn't bother me too much so I just do this at night.

Below is a link to a masking sound that works pretty good for me.... I have tried A LOT of them.

Do a google search for "Tinnitus Masking Youtube" and you will find a lot of masking sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjgnlUA6gKk

From what I understand, ... like everything else we experience in withdrawal & Tapering... it has to do with downregulated GABA receptors in the ear and in the audio cortex of the brain.

I see people get it more often if they do a rapid taper/CT but its hard to tell why some people get T

and others don't. I have also seen people get it post taper.... many months later.

Ashton says T is one of the last symptoms to go away..... I hope it does.

Tinnitus has been my worst and last symptom since I withdrew from Clonazepam the first time almost 3-1/2 years ago.  I won't feel healed from benzo withdrawal until the tinnitus goes away.  I have been told that for some people it has lasted for 5 or more years. :'(   

[be...]
Someone on a cbd oil forum that I frequent brought up that after 11 months of using cbd oil her tinnitus disappeared.  I've been using it a few weeks and haven't noticed much except for some pain relief, maybe it takes time.

I feel, like I have my neighbor in my own room. I hear when she yawns, moves in bed and I can almost hear what she says. This makes me crazy, I don't want to intrude on her private life. So I use ear plugs, but it doesn't help. I can't meditate, because I can hear her voice. Is it the same for you?

Yep, taper done and ears still ring. Now its just a high pitched ring or even a hiss sometimes in the morning. White noise masking does help. Will have to remember to use it more at work. My ears screamed when I developed a dependency on K.i had T before I started benzos, but not continuously.

Translator, so you can't meditate cause you hear her voice or cause your ears ring? It can be difficult to be around others while we are tapering. Can you go to another room or outside to meditate?

What does floxing mean? The antibiotic was ceftriaxone which has effects on glutamate so I definitely feel like it messed with my CNS/benzo stability, on top of being harsh on my ears, on top of the possibility it actually did something to an active lyme infection and caused some die off too; my ears got worse by the day on them especially the TTTS, my tinnitus went haywire, and when I stopped them I got crazy inner vibrating and weird "pops" in my head followed by blurry vision.

I'm afraid the taper will worsen my ear symptoms even more, which would end my life for sure, even while I hold out the slim hope of feeling better instead once I escape the Ativan... wish I could afford to pay for TRT and WNGs (need to find 2500 somewhere good fucking luck to me lol), and figure out a way off my PPI which I think is making things worse. Stuck at home with parents who don't even fucking believe my hyperacusis exists except as part of my "obsessive anxiety disorder" cause not being able to even go outside the front door without ear pain wouldn't cause anxiety fucking nope.

Floxing is when the docs put you in an antibiotic with toxic side effects which pretty much knock out the benzo as well. The most common American antibiotics in this class are Cipro (Bayer). Levaquin (Johnson & Johnson), and Avelox (Bayer) - generics are ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, and moxifloxacin, and others with the word "flox" in them.  Lots of antibiotics have side effects, but what makes quinolones so much riskier is that the side effects caused aren't necessarily temporary; they can cause severe and permanent disability.

Just a few listed on the drugs' warning labels or named in studies:

Toxic Psychosis

Neuropathy

Retinal Detachment

Tendon Rupture

Muscle Damage

Seizures

Heart Arryhthmias

Abnormal Liver Function

Kidney Damage

Fortunately ceftriax is one of the few antibiotics that doest do that. My doc gave me the diagnosis of OCD when I went in for in patient psych treatment. Cause yes, I do have these cyclical thoughts, and I do wash my hands alot. Andway doc, also detoxed me off the Clonapin my request. And im glad he did, cause K made me suicidal as fuck >:D i experienced my head "popping" as well and im convinced that was the healing....my ears still pop when the pressure in my head gets too great. And no, I don't have a fat head :balloon: what is TRT and WGNs?

Some of the better research reports on "FLOXING" indicates that it's actually the death of millions or billions of B/Z (benzo) receptors. 

Even people that never took a benzo describe what sounds like benzo withdrawal during some but not all floxing episodes. 

Fluoroquinolones can mistake healthy brain cells for bacteria and these brain cells get killed in the confusion. Sometimes it is the gaba system that gets wiped out and it takes years to heal.

What does floxing mean? The antibiotic was ceftriaxone which has effects on glutamate so I definitely feel like it messed with my CNS/benzo stability, on top of being harsh on my ears, on top of the possibility it actually did something to an active lyme infection and caused some die off too; my ears got worse by the day on them especially the TTTS, my tinnitus went haywire, and when I stopped them I got crazy inner vibrating and weird "pops" in my head followed by blurry vision.

I'm afraid the taper will worsen my ear symptoms even more, which would end my life for sure, even while I hold out the slim hope of feeling better instead once I escape the Ativan... wish I could afford to pay for TRT and WNGs (need to find 2500 somewhere good fucking luck to me lol), and figure out a way off my PPI which I think is making things worse. Stuck at home with parents who don't even fucking believe my hyperacusis exists except as part of my "obsessive anxiety disorder" cause not being able to even go outside the front door without ear pain wouldn't cause anxiety fucking nope.

Floxing is when the docs put you in an antibiotic with toxic side effects which pretty much knock out the benzo as well. The most common American antibiotics in this class are Cipro (Bayer). Levaquin (Johnson & Johnson), and Avelox (Bayer) - generics are ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, and moxifloxacin, and others with the word "flox" in them.  Lots of antibiotics have side effects, but what makes quinolones so much riskier is that the side effects caused aren't necessarily temporary; they can cause severe and permanent disability.

Toxic Psychosis

Neuropathy

Retinal Detachment

Tendon Rupture

Muscle Damage

Seizures

Heart Arryhthmias

Abnormal Liver Function

Kidney Damage

Fortunately ceftriax is one of the few antibiotics that doest do that. My doc gave me the diagnosis of OCD when I went in for in patient psych treatment. Cause yes, I do have these cyclical thoughts, and I do wash my hands alot. Andway doc, also detoxed me off the Clonapin my request. And im glad he did, cause K made me suicidal as fuck >:D i experienced my head "popping" as well and im convinced that was the healing....my ears still pop when the pressure in my head gets too great. And no, I don't have a fat head :balloon: what is TRT and WGNs?

Some of the better research reports on "FLOXING" indicates that it's actually the death of millions or billions of B/Z (benzo) receptors. 

Even people that never took a benzo describe what sounds like benzo withdrawal during some but not all floxing episodes. 

Fluoroquinolones can mistake healthy brain cells for bacteria and these brain cells get killed in the confusion. Sometimes it is the gaba system that gets wiped out and it takes years to heal.

I have been through flox reaction and it's intense similar to benzo. you feel absolutely poisoned by it and it destroys mitochondrial dna, collagen, muscles. It takes years to rebuild the mitochondria. I suspect its the same for BZ... you have to protect your mitochondrial dna with supps like NAC, ALA, PQQ. And then feed and restore them. I mostly healed from floxing with supps and diet and sauna. I think BZ maybe be worse bc of mental, so now i'm feeling pretty dejected.

Toxic Psychosis

Neuropathy

Retinal Detachment

Tendon Rupture

Muscle Damage

Seizures

Heart Arryhthmias

Abnormal Liver Function

Kidney Damage

I have been through flox reaction and it's intense similar to benzo. you feel absolutely poisoned by it and it destroys mitochondrial dna, collagen, muscles. It takes years to rebuild the mitochondria. I suspect its the same for BZ... you have to protect your mitochondrial dna with supps like NAC, ALA, PQQ. And then feed and restore them. I mostly healed from floxing with supps and diet and sauna. I think BZ maybe be worse bc of mental, so now i'm feeling pretty dejected.

No two "floxing" episodes are ever identical.  The only common factor is that sometimes and rarely when taking Fluoroquinolones that something goes horribly wrong in the brain. 

Fluoroquinolones are very serious drugs not to be taken casually.  Many of the older sulfa drugs work just as good and are much cheaper which I suspect is the real problem, they are too cheap and willfully under-advertised in the medical education community.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate and cefepime or even piperacillin/tazobactam work just as good or better actually.  Few people do the research and take what they are given.

I have a MEDIC alternate bracket that says" Alergice to Fluoroquinolones.  This keeps the hospital doctors from forcing me on them if I am sick and can't speak for myself or THEY WILL just give them to you as a first choice if they deem it necessary. 

Wearing a MEDIC alternate bracket has a lot of legal power!  If you just verbally tell them they may just ignore you. They think they are Gods but are afraid of legally terrified of written warnings!

I'm 30 days off Valium and my worst sxs is constant high pitched T  (about 10kc).  I don't notice so much

in the daytime but at nighttime its screaming when I try to go to sleep (don't get much more than

an hour sleep anyway).  Seems like its worse when I'm laying down vs standing/sitting up.

Below is a link to a masking sound that works for me for high pitched T which you can download if you

find it useful. I find its not as obtrusive as white or pink noise and seems to do a good job masking

high pitched T..... even at a low volume.

http://dtfsdf.oco.net/Crickets_4.mp3

So I hit the sack with earbuds and the sound of crickets on an mp3 player.

Seems to help me... maybe it will help some else.  I sure hope it goes away.

Top,

How were you able to measure the pitch of your tinnitus? Mine is extremely high pitched and thin. It might be helpful to tell my doctor what the pitch is so they have an idea what I'm talking about.

Erick8 -  my T is way worse at night.... particularly when I am laying down.  In the day it settles down quite a bit

but its still there.

GonnaGetBetter -  you can use the tone generator at the link below to match your T.  You can also use it to find

the limits of your hearing and any frequencies you have lost hearing.  I have a dip in my hearing in my right

ear at about 3KC. 

http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Top,

Thanks for the link. I think mine measured at 8,700kh. After that all I could hear was the tinnitus.

I should go check to see if my cat is alright after that. ;)

Is it every day worse ? Or varies ?

Once you get to the point you start having some good days and some bad days that means your healing.

Masking sounds RULE if your can match the frequency just right.

Here is a sound program that lowers the brains sensitivity to tinnitus by 90% if used 8 hours a day with a high quality MP3 player and good quality ear buds for 3 to 4 months. 

HINT:  You have to turn up the volume to the point your tinnitus is 99% masked and then your on the right track.

This sound is called "Sequence" mode but first you have to find the right 'TONE' that is an exact match to your tinnitus before creating a "Sequence"

LINK:  http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

You want to play this fairly loud for the best results but not too loud. 

You have to create a new tone about once a month as it changes pitch as it is healing.

THE SCIENCE -

Get it here for FREE - (Not $5000.00 :idiot:)  LINK:  http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

Download sounds playing on your computer with this program:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-audio-capture/kfokdmfpdnokpmpbjhjbcabgligoelgp?hl=en

Love to all :smitten:

Lisa

Is it every day worse ? Or varies ?

Once you get to the point you start having some good days and some bad days that means your healing.

Masking sounds RULE if your can match the frequency just right.

Here is a sound program that lowers the brains sensitivity to tinnitus by 90% if used 8 hours a day with a high quality MP3 player and good quality ear buds for 3 to 4 months. 

HINT:  You have to turn up the volume to the point your tinnitus is 99% masked and then your on the right track.

This sound is called "Sequence" mode but first you have to find the right 'TONE' that is an exact match to your tinnitus before creating a "Sequence"

You have to create a new tone about once a month as it changes pitch as it is healing.

THE SCIENCE -

Get it here for FREE - (Not $5000.00 :idiot:)  LINK:  http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

Download sounds playing on your computer with this program:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-audio-capture/kfokdmfpdnokpmpbjhjbcabgligoelgp?hl=en

Lisa

>:D:angel::-*:smitten:

:-*

My H is so severe, even typing hurts... did anyone have their H improve after coming off? I had it before the Ativan but it was more mild, the A initially helped with it but now it feels like its only gotten worse for months. Does anyone think tapering off might save me? I'm feeling really fucking desperate for hope right now, staring suicidal thoughts right in the face at the moment...

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Tenacious T guys and gals; my T is worse than ever today. I find it worse on the right side of my head than the left. Is that because my vagus nerve is on the left? Anyways. Cool tools on here to deal, the U tube shower sounds the tin reset button and all. I have my spav heater on here....even that helps. :)

My H is so severe, even typing hurts... did anyone have their H improve after coming off? I had it before the Ativan but it was more mild, the A initially helped with it but now it feels like its only gotten worse for months. Does anyone think tapering off might save me? I'm feeling really fucking desperate for hope right now, staring suicidal thoughts right in the face at the moment...

#1. Take enough to get stable.

#2. Taper slower (even if that taper takes years and years and years)

Brain receptors can be very unforgiving.

It's the brain the control center of the body and it dominates all. 

Super slow tapers trick the brain into not needing benzo's

Benzo's are one of the few drugs that can cause damage if done too fast.  GO SLOW!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fiends!

My ENT has prescribed me Ginko Bibola for 6 weeks for Tinnitus. I'm in acute withdrawal right now and off 2 months from Xanax, My symptoms are improving slowly.

I'm actually confused and reluctant to take Ginko. can some one share his experience with Ginko Bibola for Tinnitus during Benzo withdrawal. I'm having severe Tinnitus since 2 weeks. Its becoming unbearable.

Hi Fiends!

My ENT has prescribed me Ginko Bibola for 6 weeks for Tinnitus. I'm in acute withdrawal right now and off 2 months from Xanax, My symptoms are improving slowly.

I'm actually confused and reluctant to take Ginko. can some one share his experience with Ginko Bibola for Tinnitus during Benzo withdrawal. I'm having severe Tinnitus since 2 weeks. Its becoming unbearable.

I suggest searching in the Alternative Therapies section, a few BBs have tried it for withdrawal symptoms.

Ginko Biloba did not help for me,  now I am trying ginseng and niacinamide.

I also did ayurveda , acupuncture.  Only short time effect.

Hi Fiends!

Xanax makes for the WORST tinnitus S/X  because it's the strongest benzo.

I had to reinstate and start over since my first taper was too fast.

Tinnitus is the "LAST" S/X yes but it should be no more than a low annoyance before jumping or you just tapered too fast.

Reinstating sounds so BAD around here but if you back track to a point where the tinnitus is back under control we call that "BACK TRACKING"  Expect 3 to 4 weeks for results, this is NOT a fast process going up or down.

Then taper snail slow keeping an "ear" out for any unbearable tinnitus.

Then get an MP3 player and start listening to music or masking sounds.

Good luck :smitten::thumbsup:

REPOST;

HINT:  You have to turn up the volume up to the point your tinnitus is 99% masked and then your on the right track.

THE SCIENCE -

Download sounds playing on your computer with this program that works on Chrome browsers:

Lisa