Total and complete 100% success after 22 months

[lo...]

Congratulations.  Thank you for posting this story.  It has brightened my outlook and I know it will do the same for others who are still patiently waiting to heal.  Thank you. 

M

ditto

Congrats!!!! Best of love life and may all your dreams come true. I am 29 we'll 30 now and still fighting for my life. I pray and pray one day to write a story like then. Am typing this from hospital as my bp was 214/130. Benzo hell. Ty for your story and God bless you!

Congrats!!!! Best of love life and may all your dreams come true. I am 29 we'll 30 now and still fighting for my life. I pray and pray one day to write a story like then. Am typing this from hospital as my bp was 214/130. Benzo hell. Ty for your story and God bless you!

Hi Molly, sorry to hear you are at the Hospital, just want to give you some hope,

my BP was 240/160 after detox, i have been through hell as well, at months 5 my BP was back

to normal, no more BP meds needed, its has been 115/ 75 for the last 14 months.

you are young, you will get your health back , you will write your story one day. :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lost dog

How do I find your story?

go to the first page, down on your left you see the pages

click on 1.

Oh man.  thanks.  that's my benzo brain isn't it? :smitten:

Don't worry, most of us had or have this stupid Benzo-brain. :smitten:

This is my go to success story. It's amazing that he seemed to quickly heal in 2 months after living in hell 18-20 months.  I too wake up and wonder how I'm going to get thru the day.

Does this guy ever check back in?  I'd love to know how he's doing these days.

Hey Bobsdaughter,

This is my "go to success story" too.

LostDog does not come back that I know of...but he does answer PM's, or he did about 6 months ago.

I have often wondered the same thing about his healing.

As best I can figure....He states he started healing or felt like he was healing by 1 year or so...so he noted changes and improvements.

It sounds like all of his worst symptoms were in the first year.

It does sound like he was living in hell up until Month #18...and then things slowly started getting better and around Month #20 things started getting better faster..He states "his healing sped up in Month #20."

I don't know if this is a common phenomena or not. I have heard people say when things started getting better it was faster....I don't know.  I also note that he mentions "head and facial pressure", but he doesn't mention it specifically. Head pressure/brain squeezing has been my constant companion for over 2 years.

People say things like, "and I slowly got better"....but all I have known has been slow healing...VERY slow with no resolution of anything completely or permanently....but at some point it must either get faster, seem like it is faster or one thing heals that cascades the healing process...I am thinking that the biggest "one thing" is probably sleep....I have noted that most people that write success stories frequently state that "sleep returned"...and soon afterwards the healing accelerates....not always true, but apparently sleep does accelerate the healing.

Just my observation after living in hell for 2+ years....

I think I might finally be emerging...I hope it is not just wishful thinking...I would love to have a similar success story.

Much love and healing,

Causing

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Causing - Things are going very slow for me too, head sensations are my biggest issue.. Plus mental stuff like disconnection. I'd imagine your cold turkey had it's tole, I tapered for 12 months so we will see if that has helped me?  I feel far far far from being healed that's for sure.

All the best,

Fonz

Dezlaz ( 8 yrs stopping by ) stated that 20 months she was healed (or mostly) too and that at 18 months she was beginning to feel better.

I read on a paws website that paws can last 20 months or so. I think it was a geared towards alcohol related paws but it's my understanding that Benzo w/d is very similar to alcohol w/d. 

It seems like 20 months could be the "magic" month (the turning point or the heling point) for some protracted people. 

I guess I'm focused in on these two stories because I'm not that much better at 13 months off and I need something to hold onto. 

That was an amazing success story by lostdog.  It is very hard to imagine feeling well again.

60-70% would be amazing.

I don't want to imagine it will happen at a certain month.  I prefer to wait and see.

It might happen sooner but I won't hold my breath.  Whoever is torturing me might have other ideas.  :tickedoff:

LF

[71...]

That was an amazing success story by lostdog.  It is very hard to imagine feeling well again.

60-70% would be amazing.

I don't want to imagine it will happen at a certain month.  I prefer to wait and see.

It might happen sooner but I won't hold my breath.  Whoever is torturing me might have other ideas.  :tickedoff:

LF

I'm in the midst of month 35.  You are correct; get all expectations out of your head.  Somewhere between the 19th and 24th month I realized recovery was gonna be much slower than anticipated, and I just let go of any anticipation.  It's gonna take years, and I realize I may only be halfway through this ordeal... or maybe less.  This doesn't mean I'm not feeling better at this point because I am.  I'm quite functional and happy.  But the waves and chronic symptoms are still here - I acknowledge them then do my best to ignore them though on occasion they do kick my butt.

Hang in there!

Joe