Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

27 days. So yesterday was not so bad. I got a lot of work done around the house. I had no anxiety and slept really good the night before. My appetite was a little better. Last night I had a lot of anxiety. It was not nearly as severe as the other day but it was pretty uncomfortable. I still feel it right now. I have that vibration feeling although it is very mild compared to the other day. BP 126/90 so still improving there. I slept OK last night, could have been better but I’ll take it compared to the other day. Stomach is still a mess and the doc wants me tested for c diff again. I also have folliculitis on my legs which is exactly what happened to me during my last bad wave like this last year after a lot of cutting and I had c diff come back at the same time. It makes me wonder if my immune system gets weakened during Remeron waves or if it is just a coincidence. I sure is deja vu. I had a 99.5 fever pretty much most of the day yesterday. I’ve had that for a couple of weeks now I think. I already feel tired as hell today and have mild DP/DR. I’m not sure how today is going to go. I guess we’ll see.

I have been struggling with folliculitis on my legs since withdrawals started. I am healed is most other ways other than my skin issues. It’s been over two years now since I’ve been off benzos. Do you find that anything helps it? I slather sulphur cream on them and it mostly clears is up but dries my legs out so bad I can’t handle it. If I stop using it for even three days it’s back full blown. :-(

I used Neutrogena Maximum Strength benzol peroxide however I am not sensitive to the drying. I also was using Dial Gold Bar on it everyday when I showered. It cleared up. On hot days where I sweat a lot I showered twice a day.

Oh thank you! I will try that!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[a4...]
Is anyone has gained too much weight on Remeron I have found that splitting my does , 6 mg at night and 6 mg in the morning has dramatically reduced my hunger . I used to want to eat everything in the house after my nighttime dose.

Thanks for sharing Issey, I might spit my dose in the future. I'm currently on the fourth day of my second cut and feeling relatively good. Not going to change anything now, but it's good to know this is an option.

Congrats scrabblegirl. I hope you continue to feel good.

Jack, I'm sorry for your though diagnose, but at least now you know what you are dealing with. I'm thinking about you. Keep us updated. Sending you hugs.

Ox,

Congrats on another cut.  Hope things keep going well for you.  I’m on day 5 of my last cut to 1.8 and so far about the same as other cuts, things started yesterday and hoping they settle down in a few more days.  I have been scheduling acupuncture sessions about every 10 days to 2 weeks and they help with the withdrawal effects. 

[5d...]

And just like that🎉….after 8 years I am off mirtazapine…and no withdrawal ❤️🍀👍

How long are you off?

I have been off for a week.  I have been trying to get off this medication for years and every time I tried the withdrawal made me keep taking it.  My nervous system must be healing because I was able to stop taking it and I am now able to reduce my gabapentin.

A small update, 8th day after cut and I feel better today than yesterday. I started to feel my cut on the third day and it gradually got worse till yesterday. I hope I continue to feel good. Sleep was a little more fragmented the past days, tossing and turning but I still sleep. Hope I continue to feel better.

I am also wondering how Jack is doing. Jack, how are you?

I’m doing okay. I am still trying to figure out the diet thing. I get bad munchies at night after taking Remeron and eat all sorts of stuff I shouldn’t. I am gaining weight again which is great but the food I am eating at night makes me feel like garbage the next day. I listened to my functional medicine doctor and reduced my Nexium from 80 mg all the way down to 20 mg. That is the opposite of what my gastro told me to do and it has helped immensely. I am starting to think that I had no stomach acid at all and that I do have a bacterial overgrowth as a result that is making me sick. More stomach acid has made a HUGE difference. Even the bad taste in my mouth is almost gone. But when I pig out on carbs it flares up my symptoms. I am going to continue working with this functional doctor on the GI issues and I am still trying to find a hepatologist to follow up on this autoimmune disease.

I’m doing okay. I am still trying to figure out the diet thing. I get bad munchies at night after taking Remeron and eat all sorts of stuff I shouldn’t. I am gaining weight again which is great but the food I am eating at night makes me feel like garbage the next day. I listened to my functional medicine doctor and reduced my Nexium from 80 mg all the way down to 20 mg. That is the opposite of what my gastro told me to do and it has helped immensely. I am starting to think that I had no stomach acid at all and that I do have a bacterial overgrowth as a result that is making me sick. More stomach acid has made a HUGE difference. Even the bad taste in my mouth is almost gone. But when I pig out on carbs it flares up my symptoms. I am going to continue working with this functional doctor on the GI issues and I am still trying to find a hepatologist to follow up on this autoimmune disease.

Well Jack, this sounds a lot better than before to be honest! And yes, it does sound like you had too little stomach acid. And I understand the munchies. I gained weight again this weekend too. Maybe stock up on a lot of 'healty foods'?

Hope you continue to improve.

Well Jack, this sounds a lot better than before to be honest! And yes, it does sound like you had too little stomach acid. And I understand the munchies. I gained weight again this weekend too. Maybe stock up on a lot of 'healty foods'?

Hope you continue to improve.

Stocking up is not the problem. I have no self control once I take the Remeron. I have a 4 year old so there is never any shortage of snacks to just have one that leads to the whole box every time. No BS, my wife and I discussed putting a lock on one of our pantries that only she would have the key to and then she could put all of the unhealthy snacks in there. I might actually do that today because I just can’t stop myself at night. It’s bad. Lol.

Stocking up is not the problem. I have no self control once I take the Remeron. I have a 4 year old so there is never any shortage of snacks to just have one that leads to the whole box every time. No BS, my wife and I discussed putting a lock on one of our pantries that only she would have the key to and then she could put all of the unhealthy snacks in there. I might actually do that today because I just can’t stop myself at night. It’s bad. Lol.

That does sound bad! I can relate. I don't have children, but this weekend we found a bag of 'Celebrations', the mini candybars, somewhere. It's almost finished now. And I also had ice-cream, applepie (with whipped cream) etc. etc. And I am not even a sweet tooth. Anyway, Remeron/Mirtazapine appetite is brutal. I can control myself during week days, but on the weekend I let myself go. ;)

Yeah I had a pretty bad sweet tooth before Remeron. I always ate like an animal at night. It’s way worse with Remeron. I’ll eat entire boxes of things in one sitting.

jack,

a really good snack I have found for my remeron munchies at night is a bowl of frozen blueberries (or frozen grapes) and a bowl of gluten free pretzel sticks......it does the trick with the sugar and the salt and its not way over the top in terms of calories or being awful for you.

you sound better -- I am so glad......you are back up to 7.5 right?  keep us posted on the auto immune issues......

Hi guys, I'm on my 12th day after my cut. Like the first cut I start noticing my cut the 4th day and it gets worse until day 7. I'm doing better now. Tomorrow I'm going on a trip. Looking forward to that.

I notice the dry cutting is getting harder and harder. I now have to remove 1,5 mg from the pill. I can do one more cut I guess and then I might need to switch to either 7,5 mg pills or liquid.

Five days ago I celebrated my 8 months off benzo's. I don't think I'm recovered yet, but it's hard to tell with the added Mirtazapine withdrawal. I'm hopeful though I will fully recover.

Ox,

I have been dry cutting and using a scale to weigh, it’s has been working for me so far and I’m hoping to continue that all the way down.  I also start to notice the cut on day 4 and usually start to improve about day 8, sleep is usually really bad on days 6 and 7.  I’m now on day 4 of a dose of 1.5mg and planning to hold through the holiday as the family is coming to my house for Christmas Day.  Hope your cutting continues to go well.

I'm on my 15th day after tapering. Doing well, but currently holding. I feel I am still experiencing some light withdrawal. Also, I have heartburn and some acid reflux which is uncommon for me.

Unrelated to my taper, I notice I have extreme muscle stiffness in the morning. During the day these cramps subside and the next day it happens all over again. I thought it was related to benzo withdrawal, but I'm not sure now. A quick google search made it clear a lot of people experience this with Mirt. I am wondering if we go through some sort of daily withdrawal?

Anyway, determined to continue my taper next week and continue my transformation from zombie to healthy human being.  ;) Hope everybody is doing ok.

Ox,

You’re doing well, glad to hear that.  I’m on day 9 after a cut to 1.5 and still struggling with this one.  Sleep has been rough and I also get the muscle stiffness as well as back and hip pain which also makes sleep difficult.  I’m going to hold for a few more days since family is coming to my house for Christmas Day.  Hoping things settle down and sleep starts improving soon, hard to keep going on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night and not being able to nap during the day. 

You're on 1,5 mg. That's amazing! I can relate to the hip and back pain. My muscles seem to be better now, last cut was 2,5 weeks ago. Currently enjoying a trip.  Wishing you and all the other buddies a cozy and nice Christmas!

Christmas is over and it's been three weeks since my last cut. I feel good, and hesitant to do another cut, but I wiill. Tonight I'm doing a 5% cut from 13,5 mg to 12,8 mg. I will start to feel my cut around New Year, but I decided to do it anyway. Symptoms have been mild the last time, so I'm hopefull it will be mild this time as well.

I'm already tired of tapering, and I still have a long way to go. I can see why people stay on it. Tapering is not fun. But I already lost 2,2 mg so let's keep up the good work.

How is everybody?