Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Still here. At 1.25 mg. I am not sure what it will take to stabilize. I have improved a little but only slightly. I have had a few decent days last week but it’s been hell the past few days. I just have not been in the mood to read and type. The last couple of days have been mostly pacing in extreme discomfort. Hopefully I will get another window today.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack sorry to hear what’s been happening, I hope you stabilize soon and hope your son recovers from covid, glad you tested negative.

I am 2 days into dose reduction from 4.3 to 4.0, did a much smaller cut this time and waiting to see what develops.  Things usually start up on about day 4 and go from there.  I’m hoping things will be milder with the smaller cut but so far every cut has been different.  I’m thinking to hold here for at least a week and see how things go before planning the next cut.  Am I the only one currently tapering mirtazapine, doesn’t seem like very much activity on this thread regarding tapering mirtazapine.

jack,

I am so sorry my friend.  I am sure you don't feel like reading or typing but know I am thinking about you.

jasmin, I'm listening and reading -- keep us posted!

Am I the only one currently tapering mirtazapine, doesn’t seem like very much activity on this thread regarding tapering mirtazapine.

I am on 15 mg and waiting to taper until I am sure I am stable and I want to start in spring, not winter.

I think your taper sounds good. Common advice is 10% cuts, and then wait till withdrawal wears off. Slow and steady is the way to go I guess. I am so sorry your birthday got ruined by withdrawal. You should be able to celebrate your birthday!

[27...]

Jack sorry to hear what’s been happening, I hope you stabilize soon and hope your son recovers from covid, glad you tested negative.

I am 2 days into dose reduction from 4.3 to 4.0, did a much smaller cut this time and waiting to see what develops.  Things usually start up on about day 4 and go from there.  I’m hoping things will be milder with the smaller cut but so far every cut has been different.  I’m thinking to hold here for at least a week and see how things go before planning the next cut.  Am I the only one currently tapering mirtazapine, doesn’t seem like very much activity on this thread regarding tapering mirtazapine.

I am still tapering but super slow, like 3-5 month holds. My mental sx are terrible when I cut and I need to work.

issey,

hope you don't mind a few questions:  when did you start tapering and how much are you on now?  you said symptoms are severe -- what do you experience?  are you cutting 10% with each cut every few months?  thanks

[27...]

Here is my cut history, I started at 30 mg.

1st cut to 22.5 mg on 3/13/20

2nd cut to 20 mg 4/10/20

3rd cut to 19 mg 5/13/20

4th cut to 18 mg 6/16/20

5th cut to 16 mg 8/25/20

6th cut to 15 mg 10/8/20

7th cut to 13 mg 3/10/21

8th cut to 12 mg  9/4/21

There were a couple cuts where I had to updose , the only symptoms I get usually hit around the 2 week mark and last another 2 weeks, the symptoms are strange mental stuff, like feeling like im going to go insane, doom and gloom and such, I have zero physical sx when I cut. I dont plan to cut again for a couple months at least

issey,

I hate to ask you to go into detail -- but the feeling like you are going to go insane ---I have some of that -- does it feel like terror and fear builds and you feel like you are literally going to lose it? 

I am still on 15mg and have been since April 2020.  I need to finish my Xanax taper first....but I screwed up both my Xanax tape and the mirt as I had been taking like 16 high power supplements that potentiated both --- so when I came off -- it was like a huge cut in my taper of the Xanax and it has affected the mirt as well --- the way I was metabolizing it, etc --- so I have been in withdrawal hell for about six months.

I get a lot of the doom, gloom, intrusive thoughts, panic, terror, fear, feeling like I am going to lose my mind - but its hard to know what's what - -because those are also classic benzo WD symptoms.......so it might not be about the mirt at all

[27...]

issey,

I hate to ask you to go into detail -- but the feeling like you are going to go insane ---I have some of that -- does it feel like terror and fear builds and you feel like you are literally going to lose it? 

I am still on 15mg and have been since April 2020.  I need to finish my Xanax taper first....but I screwed up both my Xanax tape and the mirt as I had been taking like 16 high power supplements that potentiated both --- so when I came off -- it was like a huge cut in my taper of the Xanax and it has affected the mirt as well --- the way I was metabolizing it, etc --- so I have been in withdrawal hell for about six months.

I get a lot of the doom, gloom, intrusive thoughts, panic, terror, fear, feeling like I am going to lose my mind - but its hard to know what's what - -because those are also classic benzo WD symptoms.......so it might not be about the mirt at all

When I cut I am convinced benzo symptoms come back and its not mirt withdrawal so to say. I guess I would describe as going to loose it on a small scale but it still is no fun, the mental sx I get when I cut are very difficult do try to explain.

[27...]
I wouldn't mess with the mirt until you are close to healed from the benzos as I believe it really helps, especially when you jump.

thanks issey,

I am having all kinds of symptoms in my taper ---- but I am still tapering Xanax and it is a mess.  I still sleep on the mirt and I can eat (which is why I went on it) --- but it doesn't touch my depression/anxety/fear/terror/dread --- but I am only on 15mg and I don't think its the cause of those symptoms - just not super helpful for them. 

were you completely healed from your benzo withdrawal when you  started your taper off mirtazapine?  where are you now in your taper?

[62...]

2nd cut to 20 mg 4/10/20

3rd cut to 19 mg 5/13/20

4th cut to 18 mg 6/16/20

5th cut to 16 mg 8/25/20

6th cut to 15 mg 10/8/20

7th cut to 13 mg 3/10/21

8th cut to 12 mg  9/4/21

Your cuts are way to big at one go. No wonder you struggle after. Do a liquid microtaper. Taking out 0.05mg a day.

There were a couple cuts where I had to updose , the only symptoms I get usually hit around the 2 week mark and last another 2 weeks, the symptoms are strange mental stuff, like feeling like im going to go insane, doom and gloom and such, I have zero physical sx when I cut. I dont plan to cut again for a couple months at least

Edit: Fixed quote

2nd cut to 20 mg 4/10/20

3rd cut to 19 mg 5/13/20

4th cut to 18 mg 6/16/20

5th cut to 16 mg 8/25/20

6th cut to 15 mg 10/8/20

7th cut to 13 mg 3/10/21

8th cut to 12 mg  9/4/21

Your cuts are way to big at one go. No wonder you struggle after. Do a liquid microtaper. Taking out 0.05mg a day.

Edit: Fixed quote

MAHUE7191,

Your language is prescriptive, please familiarize yourself with our policy regarding telling other members what they must or should do.

Pamster

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

Rules and Guidelines

I cut again 2 nights ago to 3.7 and am starting to feel this cut already, or else it’s the last one catching up to me.  I had cut Monday night from 4.3 to 4.0 and hadn’t really felt much in the way of withdrawal by Saturday so I cut again Saturday night to 3.7.  Guess I’ll try to hold here and see how things go. I take the mirtazapine about 930 at night, fall asleep about 10 and never sleep past 4, since I’ve been on mirtazapine.  I feel pretty lousy from about 9am til about 2 in the afternoon with headache, tinnitus, nausea and light anxiety, then things are settled and calm until the following morning.  Does anyone else experience anything like this or have any ideas why it happens.  How is everyone else doing. Jack thoughts are with you.

Hi everyone,

This is an excellent thread an just what I've been looking very informative 👏

I've only been on mirt roughly 5/6 months an after a great deal of thought decided its one less future burden I don't need.

I can't understand why my doc put me on a straight dose of 30mg each night...It has definitely helped with my sleep but I havnt noticed to much in my mood lifting I generally try to be up beat anyway eat healthy an exercise when I can.

My last attempts at quitting benzos I never took an AD,although I suffered from insomnia when I eventually slept I never felt as drained as what I do now I'm now wondering is it the mirt making me feel drained in the mornings.

Tonight I will take my mirt earlier as I was taking it exactly before bedtime an that was maybe 1AM.

Tomorrow I will speak to my Doc about reducing it.

As said above its good to know I'm not alone in this an the information on here is priceless.

Thanks a million.

BB 💚

Hi beardybloke,

Welcome! 30 mg is a high dose, I agree. I am taking 15 mg. I am not ready to taper yet. I do take my medication around 8 p.m. to avoid the morning hangover . I still have it though.

How's it going Oxabuddy 😊

Firstly thankyou for reply.

I agree it's a high dose I started at 15 an it was only in the last month it was doubled I couldn't understand this because I was sleeping etc the only thing I told the doc was about my symptoms an down days an he automatically doubled the dose.

Stupidly like a nodding dog I just agreed,then the feeling absolutely crap no energy,groggy,absolutely no motivation unti the afternoon began after reading through the thread albeit briefly(due to short short attention span) I thought to myself it could be the mirt causing me to feel so bad in the morning.

Last night I decided to take 15mg around 9 o'clock went to bed about 11 was sleeping by 12 an got up today an feel great.

Now I do know to expect wd symptoms at some stage an I've to speak to my doc today,I'm also cutting to 8mg Diazepam tomorrow but I'm just gonna pray an hope I don't get bad wd from the mirt an if i do u i'l just ride it out🙏🙏

Honestly the difference I feel this morning to the past few weeks is unreal -its gotta be the mirt.

Cheers take care.

BB 💚

You have cut 50% off your current dose BB. Generally a 10% taper per month is recommended. It's your call, but a slower taper might be better.

Your question has made me contemplate to start my taper as well. Winter isn't my best time, but if I want to taper and want to take my time with this, why not do it now?

Hmmm.... Thinking thinking.  :wacko:

I'm convinced the amount was adding to my symptoms or its one massive coincidence..

We all react differently,but if you feel the timing is right go for it.

I know I'm going to.

Good luck with your decision.

BB.

How's it going Oxabuddy 😊

Firstly thankyou for reply.

I agree it's a high dose I started at 15 an it was only in the last month it was doubled I couldn't understand this because I was sleeping etc the only thing I told the doc was about my symptoms an down days an he automatically doubled the dose.

Stupidly like a nodding dog I just agreed,then the feeling absolutely crap no energy,groggy,absolutely no motivation unti the afternoon began after reading through the thread albeit briefly(due to short short attention span) I thought to myself it could be the mirt causing me to feel so bad in the morning.

Last night I decided to take 15mg around 9 o'clock went to bed about 11 was sleeping by 12 an got up today an feel great.

Now I do know to expect wd symptoms at some stage an I've to speak to my doc today,I'm also cutting to 8mg Diazepam tomorrow but I'm just gonna pray an hope I don't get bad wd from the mirt an if i do u i'l just ride it out🙏🙏

Honestly the difference I feel this morning to the past few weeks is unreal -its gotta be the mirt.

Cheers take care.

BB 💚

Welcome Beard,

You can probably expect withdrawal symptoms to begin in about 4-7 days. That is IF it happens at all. It was a full month you said so it is certainly possible. If after 3 - 4 weeks not much happens then you probably dodged the bullet. Anyway, again welcome to the group.

Jack