Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Great news I believe i am getting my girl time/period. Praise the Lord!

hope everyone has a great day!

Coralashley

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that it was only a false alarm! I don't know what I would do if I knew I'm pregnant right now!  :o

I'm not doing much differently other than taking some homeopathic stuff that my naturopath gave me. I don't usually believe in that stuff, but it's working. She is trained in craniosacral therapy, and let me tell you, when she did that to me for the first time, I slept like a baby. So I'm keeping her close until I'm gone from Spain! So far she has helped me handle one of my worst crisis. 

Good luck, Coralashley! Only three days to be off benzos!  :thumbsup:

Hi tiger lily, thank u!

What type of doctor s that and what do they do?

When u went to them what did u tell them as to why u were going there?

Where do u usually live, what country?

So u r in Spain for work?

I live in America :-)

I also live in the U.S. (NY), but I'm having a three-month holiday in Europe. I know it's a golden opportunity for me to withdraw from the remeron, so after much thinking, last night I simply jumped :) I know there will be sleepless nights, but I'm ready.

Naturopathy is alternative medicine. It can involve from acupuncture to herbs or supplements. My naturopath specializes in a skull massage called craniosacral therapy, homeopathy and acupuncture. It has worked for me. She also does what she calls "guided meditations", a kind of visualization in which you call whatever is making you suffer and ask it to show you what you need to learn, and to leave you. It's a very powerful experience, and made me feel at peace. My doctor is a very special lady, I feel lucky.

Sorry to interrupt on here but I wondered if I might ask you all a question about Mitazapine.

I am in the depth of depression at the moment after getting off zopiclone and vallium and I have been prescribed mitazapine.

I am really worried about starting this drug as I can see it seems very difficult to get off.

i wanted to know whether you felt that the mitazapine helped you in any way and whether the pro's outweigh the cons of being on this drug?

Thanks

JJ xx

Welcome Jiggly Jo.. have you considered St John's wart.. they say it is as effective for depression as an anti depressant?

I would reach out to a nutritionalist and not a pill pushing doctor.. that is my suggestion.

Remeron does work, but if you want to come off it then you will/may experience w/d from that as well.  One of the big s/f of remeron is weight gain, which really stinks and believe me there is nothing you can do about trying not to gain the wiehgt.  It just happens, you can eat a little and not loose a pound, you can exercise a lot and gain a pound.

Do you take magnesium, vitamins, etc.. let us know what urbal suppliments you take right now and thanks.

Hello everyone, I am sooo excited that today I have jumped off my benzo!!!!  This has been such a long journey! As some of you know I started this taper in February '12 and it's now 6.13.13 and I took my last dose of .05 liquid valium yesterday.  I am a day early to jump, but I want to jump and I can jump.. so I'm jumping!

Praise our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! 

This has been a fight to the finish and I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Now I will adjust and taper off of 5.65 liquid remeron as soon as I feel well enough. 

I have found a local Doctor that specializes in chinese herbs, acupunture, etc.. who will help me through the next several months.. He was a pharmacist for 12 years before he got into this.. so he has a lot of knowledge about pharmacueticals.

Anyways.. I just wanted to share my happy time with all of you!

:angel::smitten:;):);D

Hi JigglyJo, welcome! I'm sorry that you're dealing with depression, I had that too and it was especially intense by the end of my valium taper and the weeks after I jumped. I would consider every other options before going on an antidepressant, such as exercise, supplements, etc. As you see, we are struggling to get off mirtazapine, it's not easy. Personally, my worst withdrawal symptom is insomnia, and it's way worse than insomnia from benzo w/d. Also, take into account that remeron withdrawal can be much longer than benzo w/d. If you decide to take it, try to start from the lowest possible dose, such as 7.5 mg or even 3.75 mg.

Good luck!

Tiger Lily

Well done, Coralashley, congratulations, girl!  :smitten:

It's wonderful that you're done with benzos! It's been a long way, and you've done a great job. I'm very happy for you! :)

Tiger Lily

Thank u Tiger Lily, u all have been instrumental in this journey!

Now I'll wait until I feel well enough to takle the remeron.

I feel pretty good right now, a little dizzy maybe and not as consumed as I'd like to be... But I'm sure this too shall pass, it always does!

Big hugs!  :smitten:

I didn't have any trouble tapering off of remeron, however I don't think that it did much for me In The first place, aside from gaining 25 lbs...that I really didn't want to gain.

I was at 45 mg, cut to 30mg for 2 weeks, 15mg for 2 weeks, 7.5mg for 2 weeks, then stopped completely 2 weeks ago. 

Remeron helped me sleep for about a week at each dose and then my tolerance built up and it no longer helped.  I was on it for 4 months and decided to get off of it if it wasn't helping me.  I've lost 10 lbs since I stopped taking 2 weeks ago.

Thank u sleepless nights!

Have u tried any natural supplements for sleep?

It looks like u weren't on a benzo for too long, that's great!

Remeron is a tricky drug it takes it 2 weeks sometimes to feel its side effects, but u weren't on it for too long.

I want to stop remeron too b/c I've gained 6-9 pounds but I don't want to mess up my withdrawal from Valium.. So I'll hang tight and then start tappering off of remeron.

:-)

I've tried melatonin and passionflower for sleep.  Neither of which work for me.  I just can't fall asleep.  Once I fall asleep (if I do fall asleep) I'm out for the night.

He sleepless, what is it bedtime ritual?

Sometimes that is the problem.

U should try magnesium and or valerian root.

Also triptophane is said to work great..

Let me know..

This is going to be my fifth night off remeron and I'm doing pretty well. Sleep is not great but I can manage. My partner is very supportive of me and when he sees that I'm laying awake, he talks to me and gives me a massage. It's very conforting and I usually fall back asleep. This time sleeplessness set in pretty much straight after jumping, not 2 weeks after like previous time. If this is it, it's actually not too bad. I'm glad I've jumped. And my naturopath is behind me in this process. I'm meditating every day and walking for an hour. Those are my news.

I wish everybody a good week.

Tiger Lily

My first four remeron free nights, I slept over 5 hours each night.  Since then, my sleep is choppy at best (2.5 weeks off).  Do you think this is rebound?

I have a hot bath with Epsom salts, then tv for a bit, then read until bed time.  I've been staying up until 1 practicing sleep restriction. I'm in rough shape.

How much magnesium is recommended?  I'm taking about 170 mg through another supplement.  I go for acupuncture once per week, exercise daily and eat very healthy.  Still no sleep.  I'm an emotional mess.  Help!

A choppy sleep pattern is a clasic remeron w/d sympton (along with frequent urination). Insomnia from benzo w/d was of a different kind for me. My advice for you is not to do sleep restriction if you're in remeron w/d, as you wouldn't benefit from it. On the contrary, try to catch sleep and take nap whenever you can. It's working for me.

hi sleepless nights,

magnesium recommendations vary by individual and type of magnesium. my dr. told me that my body will tell me what is sufficient or too much. here is how. excess mag is not absorbed and therefore excreted thru the intestines. so, if you find yourself w/ an unusually loose bowel movement after upping your magnesium dose, it is likely you are taking too much and should ease down a hair until things normalize.

magnesium has done a lot for me - i feel. as have omega 3s in the form of fish oil. i notice a very drastic reduction in both heavy-head/dizziness symptoms and depression w/ 1 tsp of Nordic Naturals' Ultimate Omega. it's a massive dose of omegas which have been clinically studied in their efficacy for brain injuries and depression amongst other maladies.

in terms of the magnesium tho. i feel that it cuts my anxiety and helps me sleep. i rotate a few different mags. i often use magnesium malate and when i do, i use 600 to 800 mg daily. i take these in 200 mg dose increments. i also have a powdered/drinkable magnesium citrate that i take @ 325 mg per day when i utilize. i don't take both types of magnesium in the same day. anyway, you can experiment. i plan to experiment w/ chelated magnesium glycinate - i just ordered some - and will report back. and there is a book i am going to recommend and it is worthwhile to note that in it, the naturapath (author) recommends magnesium citrate specifically for anxiety and depression issues.

i would suggest the book "the magnesium miracle" if you are inclined. though the title seems kind of cliche, the section on anxiety and depression and its responsiveness to magnesium in light of deficiencies that may cause the disorders is certainly worth the read in my humble opinion.

all the best to you.

and to everyone else on the board, i am back. i've had some ups and downs while away. but generally, not too bad.

love and healing...

-dave

Hi sleepless... Yes sounds like remeron w/d.

Don't lay in bed for more than 30 minutes with no sleep get up and watch boring tv or read a boring book.

If it takes several times of doing this ritual before u fall asleep than that's fine.

Bed is for sleep or intimacy.

I take 400mg of magnesium per night. It sounds like u aren't taking enough.

I also take (2) omega 3, (1) vit e tablet per day.

I buy mine from trbhealth.com

Great product and high level of pure omega 3.

What supplements r u taking?

I don't stay in bed for more than 30 minutes, but am in and out all night.  I sleep every second night.  Ugh...every second day is hell.

I'm taking fish oils, b12, folic acid, adrenal support, relora, and post-natal vitamins.  I see my naturopath tonight and ill see what she says about magnesium.  I think I'll try taking more.  Thanks for the suggestions!

They say b12 can cause anxiety, u may want to read up on that one!

U r welcome about the suggestion, I take a brand call Kal, it's magnesium hydroxy acids with orotates.. 400mg each night and it really does help me sleep. There r many kinds of magnesium make sure u get the right kind!

Hugs!

I've been having digestive issues since stopping remeron.  My naturopath suggested holding off on the magnesium until that clears up or I won't be able to tell if I've taken too much or not.  I take the b12 first thing in the am for an energy boost.

So you take the pill form of magnesium?

yes I take the pill form of magnesium.. the kind I posted and I'm telling you if I don't take it I don't sleep as good.

I know what they are saying about the stomach issue, but if it's already upset and this could help you sleep.. I'd take them.. if you take it at night you'll be sleeping if you have tummy issues anyways..

Let me know..

Hi sleepless I take it 2 hours before bedtime... Make sure u get the right kind!

I go to bed by 10pm or earlier if I'm ready to sleep..

I make sure my face is washedand my teeth r brushed, also that the bed is ready for me to fall asleep in (basically there is nothing I need to do once I'm ready to sleep) i take my remeron and my magnesium at the same time and then I lay on the couch in a dark room and watch some tv (I don't mess with my phone, internet, etc)... By 9p-9:30p I am dozing off and ready for bed.. Once I get in bed sometimes it takes me up to 30mins to sleep.. But I do go to bed. Now I do still get up several times to pee but go right back to bed.

I hope this helps u & u have good sleep..

So u r off the remeron 100%?

If so, u will regain ur sleep it may take several weeks but don't go back on it.. I tried to stop 3x and each time I got freaked out about me not sleeping as much as I thought I should and I went back on it, Darn!

Now I know once I'm off it again i will hold tight!

Hugs!