Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

The anxiety and burning symptoms I am having today are off the charts. Brutal and inhumane and I don't know how much longer I can take them  If I am forced to suffer another year or so I would rather go hang myself.  How do I know these are not just adverse side effects?  Sorry to pull everybody down but am having a terrible time.

Hi Angel :hug:

I am so sorry your going through this, you are right it is brutal and inhumane, it will get less the further down you go I promise you. Just keep going.

You will not have to suffer a year it will settle down and will lessen in severity, you can do this.

Hang in it does get better

Magrita

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kian, you're not ruined! You've come a long way and you're slowly getting off benzos, so don't be hard on yourself, you will eventually heal.

I agree with Angel, don't play with your remeron dose or it might destabilize you further.

Peace and healing.

Dave, I'm sorry you're still struggling to stabilize on your dose. However, it's good to know that you still went to NY and enjoyed your trip. It shows you that, even in the middle of the battle, you can have some fun. 

Angel, what was the last steady remeron dose you felt OK in before this all happened? Do you think you've gone paradoxical or you're on withdrawal?

Peace and love to all.

Tiger Lily. I wasn't on any steady dose.  I cold turkeyed from 30/15mg and reinstated on 7.5mg for a month where I never stabilised. I reduced to 6.5mg due to high blood pressure problems and on this dose it is normal.  So I can't tell whether it is meant to be this bad or not.  I had a few little windows yesterday but today is BAD.

My fear is that I may not stabilise at all. I know. Have to give it longer at least 4 to 6 weeks but is he'll right now.

Angel

Hi All,

Feel somewhat stabilized today. Trying to decide what stability means when it comes to intermittent dose reductions.  :) Umm, loose definition of stability in my humble opinion. Ha ha. (oh my god, i still have a sense of humor!)  ;) Still, I will hold my 7mg until I feel improved.

Real reason I logged on, just to wish you all massive love and healing - because I know you all deserve it. Sounds like Kian really needs it - it will come brother. Angel does too (special thoughts sent your way), and T. Lil - you're like our little beacon of good vibes - thank you sister. And anyone and everyone else who comes about our humble little abode here, thank you for your kindness and insight.

Though so cliche, it truly is one step at a time that gets us there. May we be gentle with ourselves and one another. Always.

-Dave

Sorry forgot to thank Magrita for those kind and welcoming words. 

Not much change in symptoms as am still in acute early withdrawal but my attitude towards it is better today.  It's either sink or swim!

Hi all! I'll be traveling soon, so I won't have regular access to internet for a while...

I was about to decrease my dose but my sleep has been irregular so I'll be holding it for a couple of extra days, or longer.

After literally starving myself I was able to lose 2 pounds, but then I gained them back plus an extra pound... really depressing  :'(  Today I had a picture of myself taken and I couldn't recognize myself, I'm so disfigured by the weight gain. Not fun  :-[ Can't believe that 0.75 mg is still impacting my weight so much. Anyway, same old story here. Can't wait to have my life (and my body!) back. Damn you, mirtazapine.  (Sorry about the rant).

Peace and healing to everyone.

Good luck in your travels, T. Lil!  :)

We'll miss you, so check back when you are again able!

Sorry about the weight gain. I know how depressing that is. I've been dealing w/ the same. Even though I was still feeling pretty funky today, I decided I had to do SOMETHING so I went w/ a co-worker on an afternoon run. May regret that tomorrow, but I'm determined to trim down a bit myself. Anyway sister, it will happen for you. The .75 is still a bit of a handcuff - but, if it's helping you sleep... for now... well, ok. Right?

Anyway, I see a safe journey, and I see a safe return.

Peace and healing returned, and intensified.

-Dave

I like what you say, Dave, that it's better to do something rather than sit down and suffer! That's why I go to the gym (and come back and moan here, hahaha).  I feel so gross (it's not yet 20 pounds but I feel like a balloon).

I just hope that I'm able to have some control over my weight while traveling... I want so bad to put this story behind me. I feel so close to the end, but at the same time I feel it's impossible to be completely off this darn drug. It's my 3rd or 4th attempt, and I've been on such a lose dose most of the time... (sigh)

Yes, I'll return here every so often to check on everyone. I'm proud that you people are fighting this devil.

Hello Kian. First of all you are not 'ruined' by years on benzos.  You WILL heal but you just have to be patient, stay at consistent doses between drops and eventually you will be drug-free and your CNS will settle.  So sorry you are suffering so much though.

I am no expert but I really think if you continue to play around with your Remeron dose, this will unsettle you further.  If I were you I would concentrate on the Valium taper and once you are off, reduce the Remeron.

Hope you find relief soon.

Angel

thank you for the encouragement sorry to hear things are bad for you now , too

kian

Kian - thanks for your kind words. Suffering is suffering isn't it no matter how bad it is. It's all BAD.  But we have to go through it in order to be medication and w/d free which will happen in time.  Are you able to get out at all as distraction is the best thing?

Tiger-Lily. Wishing you a good and successful trip. I hope to have made some improvements in my stabilisation by the time you come back

Angel xx

Sending you much love, Angel... One day this will be only a bad dream, I promise. Maybe it's time to see a doctor?

Which doctor though that's the problem and what can he do except pull me off the Mirt?!

I did feel quite desperate yesterday. Slight improvement and better attitude today. I am sure I will be fine but am impatient!

Have a good trip

Angel xx

I like what you say, Dave, that it's better to do something rather than sit down and suffer! That's why I go to the gym (and come back and moan here, hahaha).  I feel so gross (it's not yet 20 pounds but I feel like a balloon).

I just hope that I'm able to have some control over my weight while traveling... I want so bad to put this story behind me. I feel so close to the end, but at the same time I feel it's impossible to be completely off this darn drug. It's my 3rd or 4th attempt, and I've been on such a lose dose most of the time... (sigh)

Yes, I'll return here every so often to check on everyone. I'm proud that you people are fighting this devil.

Tiger lily, I was thinking about you today. I'd like to help you by looking at your diet & exercise... Please give me a daily view as to what you eat and what you do when you go to the gym. Plus, your height and normal weight and then the weight you are t now after taking remeron.

I've been able to lose 3-4 pounds..

Maybe I can help.

- C

Suffering so much. I can't take it any more

me too hugs to you and hpe you feel better im almost fully bedridden hard to go to bathroom agitation too severe to cook or clean

sorry you feel so bad me too

I am okay Kian and sorry I posted that - am seeing improvements. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

I wish I could help your suffering but you will reach the end of your long and painful journey in time.

You are very brave.

Hugs too

Angel x

Hi everyone.  Glad i have found this thread.  I have been off of Klonopin for 32 months.  Was starting to feel better at around 28 months off.  It was one hell of a journey getting off of benzos.  Anyway, about two months ago I started getting sick again.  It came on slowly and assumed my old benzo symptoms were coming back.  But then I got really sick feeling like I was back in acute withdrawal.  I couldn't eat and sleep.  Could not figure out what was wrong with me.  I am on a low dose of remeron at 3.75.  I wanted off of this so I cut back to 2.50.  I can not believe how sick I am.  Losing my mind,  no appetite,  haven't slept for days on end,  and burning up.  My question to anyone who can help.  CAN IT REALLY BE THIS HARD?  I mean I just went through benzo hell for years and now I am back in cold turkey.  Man I am about to lose my mind.  Feel like I am psychotic.  I thought remeron was a harmless anti-depressant that was great for sleep.  I am not sure how to survive this.  One ride through hell in a lifetime is enough.  I read all your posts so I guess I know what I am in for.  How bad was it for any of you?  I went back up to 3.75 to try and stabilize.  Then i guess I will have to taper slow.  This is brutal.  I wish I would have dumped the remeron years ago.  Thanks for reading my story.

I am really on the edge of losing it.  If I don't sleep soon I am going to end up in a mental hospital.  Should I go up in my dose.  I am at 3.75.  I don't want to but I am here just shaking and trembeling and going out of my mind.  I need relief bad.  The benzos I don't think were as bad.  How can that be?  It is the wanting to jump out of my skin that is the worst.  Please help.  Thank you.

Dear Reality

I am sorry you are having such trouble with Remeron.  I am afraid we can only give our experiences here.  However, I strongly suggest you register with a website called Surviving Antidepressants.  The moderator Alto Strata is renowned in her field of helping people get off antidepressants the right way.  If you post your introduction now, she usually comes online around now and will get back to you.  You will get the absolutely best advice.

I am registered there and am finding the advice invaluable.  I normally come onto this site to compare symptoms or to moan.

So please come back here to touch base and let us know how you are getting along.

Hope you find relief soon.

Angel

I am really on the edge of losing it.  If I don't sleep soon I am going to end up in a mental hospital.  Should I go up in my dose.  I am at 3.75.  I don't want to but I am here just shaking and trembeling and going out of my mind.  I need relief bad.  The benzos I don't think were as bad.  How can that be?  It is the wanting to jump out of my skin that is the worst.  Please help.  Thank you.

Are you ok?  Did you contact the site?  Honestly please don't worry.  Your sleep should come back pretty soon and you can restabilise so you can do a slower taper.  You will be fine.

Angel

Thanks for answering Angel.  I did check out surviving anti-depressants.com.  I read many stories.  I read your story and Kian's.  Who knew withdrawal from remeron could be so bad.  I just thought I was in for a week of sleepless nights.  Your story said you got off benzo's first?  That is what I did.  Now I am faced with more hell.  I thought my life would be smooth sailing after benzos.  It is just a shock to be back to the beginning.  Your story indicated you are having problems stabilizing.  That is what I must do next.  Just try to stabilize.  Thanks for the response.

Hello realityunknown :hug: I am sorry your having a rotten time of it, I promise you it will get better,  hang in there. Your sleeping pattern will return, just try and get through this real bad time, it will get easier for you. Like you I thought it would be a piece of cake after the hell I went through with benzos, I was so wrong. 

You can do this, and you will feel so much better for it :thumbsup:

Magrita