The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here much lately not feeling very well for the past few weeks.  I have read alot of your posts and am cheering you all on.  So many of us are struggling but I know we will get better.

Enzolt you so close to being off this poison!!!

Always praying for everyone on this journey.

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie,

I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well for awhile!  I am praying that you will start to get some relief soon!  I know this has been hard on you. 

I am having some WD symptoms today, more than I have had in a while but I will get through it.

I am praying for you!!!

Love and hugs to you too!

Julia  :smitten:

I’m sorry to hear that Julia, I send you an hug and I hope you’ll feel better soon

Hi EnzoIt - Thank you so much!  I appreciate it.  I am sending you a hug too!!!  I hope you will feel better soon too!!  :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here much lately not feeling very well for the past few weeks.  I have read alot of your posts and am cheering you all on.  So many of us are struggling but I know we will get better.

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie,

I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well for awhile!  I am praying that you will start to get some relief soon!  I know this has been hard on you. 

I am having some WD symptoms today, more than I have had in a while but I will get through it.

I am praying for you!!!

I’m sorry to hear that Julia, I send you an hug and I hope you’ll feel better soon

Hi EnzoIt - Thank you so much!  I appreciate it.  I am sending you a hug too!!!  I hope you will feel better soon too!!  :smitten:

I’ll jump from this dose in around 10 days, I don’t see any point in going lower because it’s the equivalent of Ashton’s recommendation and also because I never get any relief from my dose

Hi EnzoIt,

That is awesome, just 10 more days and you will be getting rid of this horrible drug and once you get it out of your system, I hope things improve for you quickly!  It has been a tough time for you with the brain fog and other symptoms.  I will be praying for you to heal completely in a reasonable amount of time!

I agree that since you never get any relief that there is probably no point in going lower in your dose than what you plan to jump at! 

I am so happy for you that it will not be long before this will be a journey that you look back on and not have to live with every day anymore.

Hugs,

Julia:  Thank you for the shout out.  I have had a bad week.  I take 5 mg of xanax a day since I hit tolerance and it is like taking nothing.  I am hanging tough on 5mg for the last 10 days and will wait 20 more days before making another cut of .50.  Still waking up in terror in the middle of the night with a racing heart and in the daytime also.  My cardiologist told me it was just pure anxiety.  I think I will go to the gym tomorrow and see how high my pulse rate gets as this is just driving me nuts.  I hate that our autonomic system goes haywire when coming off Xanax.  Gotta love the withdrawals......  I hope your stomach is doing better and I know with time, we will all get better.  Patience I keep telling myself....  Hope you and everyone else has a lovely day...

Julia:  Thank you for the shout out.  I have had a bad week.  I take 5 mg of xanax a day since I hit tolerance and it is like taking nothing.  I am hanging tough on 5mg for the last 10 days and will wait 20 more days before making another cut of .50.  Still waking up in terror in the middle of the night with a racing heart and in the daytime also.  My cardiologist told me it was just pure anxiety.  I think I will go to the gym tomorrow and see how high my pulse rate gets as this is just driving me nuts.  I hate that our autonomic system goes haywire when coming off Xanax.  Gotta love the withdrawals......  I hope your stomach is doing better and I know with time, we will all get better.  Patience I keep telling myself....  Hope you and everyone else has a lovely day...

Hi Torris,

I am so sorry you have had a bad week.  It sounds like a really rough time for you!  I think you are wise to wait before you cut again.  The benzo nightmares can be awful.  So sorry you are waking in terror with a racing heart.  I have had that as well.  I was checked several times and was told it was anxiety.  It is scary.  I have read that exercise is really good when you are going through withdrawal and through tapering.  I try to exercise some but I just do not like it but make myself do it sometimes. 

I am dealing with chest pain and have the benzo flu today and last night and that too is a scary WD symptom.  I know the chest discomfort/pan is WD as I have had that checked too, many times but it is still scary to me.  I hate it and am always grateful when it goes away!  It comes and goes for me and it usually comes when I have been really stressed about something.  I get that less as I go down in dose.  So there is hope- there are so many symptoms I have had that have gotten better or gone away completely. 

Thank you.  My stomach is still the same and I have been advised to wait until I get off the xanax to do the prilosec taper.  If I do it now, it could really mess up my taper and set me back and I have worked too hard to get to this point to mess it up.  I just do the best I can with it right now.  It sucks that my stomach hurts every single day but at least most days, it gets better by late afternoon. 

I hope and pray that things will ease up for you and that your symptoms will subside.  You are doing great!  Do not be discouraged, this is temporary and things do get better.  I find that distraction helps me more than anything else.

I am going to go distract now and just watch tv while I lay on the sofa and I hope to feel better later on.

Take care.  You are in my thoughts!

Hugs,

Hi EnzoIt,

That is awesome, just 10 more days and you will be getting rid of this horrible drug and once you get it out of your system, I hope things improve for you quickly!  It has been a tough time for you with the brain fog and other symptoms.  I will be praying for you to heal completely in a reasonable amount of time!

I agree that since you never get any relief that there is probably no point in going lower in your dose than what you plan to jump at! 

I am so happy for you that it will not be long before this will be a journey that you look back on and not have to live with every day anymore.

Hugs,

Thanks Julia I can’t wait, right now I still get dizzy when there is too much visual stimulation.. how are you??

Hi EnzoIt,

Hugs,

Thanks Julia I can’t wait, right now I still get dizzy when there is too much visual stimulation.. how are you??

Hi EnzoIt,

I hope the dizziness goes away for you once you jump.  It all takes time.  At least you will not be putting more of the poison in your system. 

I am doing ok.  Still dealing with my stomach and I know that is not going anyway anytime soon since I can not taper the PPI I am taking until I am off xanax.  It can mess up my xanax taper and I am not willing to do that so I just deal with my stomach.  I am having some WD but it is tolerable.  My dizziness and off balance has gotten a little better lately which is great!  Probably because even though I have been cutting every week for a month, the cuts are smaller and easier to deal with.

I hope you have a good evening!

Hugs,

I’m sorry to hear that Julia, I hope things will get better soon! Do you guys experience problem with your visual stimulation? For me when there are too many things moving, like cars or when I’m watching a movie some fast scene make me dizzy. How long did it take for you guys to improve?

Hi Enzolt,

I am so sorry you are having dizziness.  I haven't had that yet just some off balance at times but I cannot watch fast action shows it makes my anxiety worse.

I'm hoping your dizziness goes away for you soon you are getting so close to being done with this poison.

Hugs ❤

Hello everyone,

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie,

I am praying for you!!!

I’ll jump from this dose in around 10 days, I don’t see any point in going lower because it’s the equivalent of Ashton’s recommendation and also because I never get any relief from my dose

Enzo!!  That’s so exciting! 10 days! You will be happy to have the process done. You will feel some withdrawals but it will get better and better each day! I’m so proud of you and cheering you on for a successful jump to a benzo free life!  :smitten:

Mary

Hi Enzolt,

I am so sorry you are having dizziness.  I haven't had that yet just some off balance at times but I cannot watch fast action shows it makes my anxiety worse.

I'm hoping your dizziness goes away for you soon you are getting so close to being done with this poison.

Hugs ❤

Thank you very much Diane, how are you?

Hello everyone,

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie,

I am praying for you!!!

Enzo!!  That’s so exciting! 10 days! You will be happy to have the process done. You will feel some withdrawals but it will get better and better each day! I’m so proud of you and cheering you on for a successful jump to a benzo free life!  :smitten:

Mary

Thanks Mary! How are you? Did you ever have the dizziness because of too much visual stimulation?

I’m sorry to hear that Julia, I hope things will get better soon! Do you guys experience problem with your visual stimulation? For me when there are too many things moving, like cars or when I’m watching a movie some fast scene make me dizzy. How long did it take for you guys to improve?

Hi EnzoIt,

Thank you!  I do have issues with visual stimulation sometimes.  When I watch TV and there is too much movement I have to turn away or change the channel.  I get that dizzy feeling too like you do.  I have to close my eyes or move away from whatever it is.  I has gotten better and it is not as frequent as it once was.

I hope yours gets better soon!

Hugs,

Julia

I was taking 2mg tablets and reducing by pill weight using a gram scale and using a metal file.  Since I was having trouble with the tablets braking up into powder I asked my doctor for .5mg tablets(easier to cut or break without turning into dust I'm hoping) to be taken 4x/day.  What is the easiest way to taper off the four .5 tablets?  I do not have success using that online pill calculator so many seem to use on this site.  One 2mg pill of Xanax weights .265g. and now at .258g.  How would I translate the reduction Im at now (one2mg pill) to four .50 pills?  I would like to cut across all doses, which would be four doses of .5 tabs a day, starting at the equivalent of where I mentioned I am at with the 2mg above.  I am bad at math and need to be spoon-fed the solution.  Help if you can.  That online calculator messes me up when it comes to entering your dosages on the lower left corner of the calculator.  I don't want to screw myself up.  Maybe weighing the 4 tablets and finding out what 5-10% would be off that total weight?  Should I not be measuring by pill weight like I have been off the 2mg?

Widesky

This wont answer your pill cutting/taper questions. However, I wanted to reach out to you.

However, you will get tapering and implements guidance here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I also tapered having no idea what I was doing, and ended up creating a mess. Our stories are similar. Wanted you to know your not the only one who has had to stop, go back, and start again. I am now a few months into my 3ed taper. Not repeating previous mistakes. That being said, it is incredibly difficult. I really feel those cuts, and I am at a large dosage, which I don't care to disclose.

Our previous mistakes are not our fault. As you said, it is hell getting off the xancrap, and we had no solid guidance. And, each of us wont know what will work until we actually get started and figure out how much to cut, at what rate, and what method.

Every one of us will experience a unique withdraw experience. we will have most of the same symptoms, but our time frames of adapting to a cut, when to make a cut, and how large to make it are very individual, and these things can change a bit as we taper.

Additionally please remember that our dose will be steady, but our symptoms will not. Each dose, each day, and each cut will have it's ups and downs. You could have a pretty decent day followed by a really bad one. This is normal. It is the irregularity of our body trying to adapt.

I got stable in about 3 weeks on my first cut this time around,  then had a surgery, cut of the tip of my finger, had landlord problems, and it completely threw me into hard wd. I have been holding since, about 6 weeks now, and it is so frustrating.

Recovery for me is very very slow, and getting stable after being destabilised feels like it takes forever (the surgery and other events)

Just wanted to let you know your not alone, and there  are many others who are on their 2nd, 3ed or 4th attempt.

Hi EnzoIt,

Thank you!  I do have issues with visual stimulation sometimes.  When I watch TV and there is too much movement I have to turn away or change the channel.  I get that dizzy feeling too like you do.  I have to close my eyes or move away from whatever it is.  I has gotten better and it is not as frequent as it once was.

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks Julia, it got better for me but with the last 2 cuts the dizziness and overload visual stimulation are back, I hope they’ll lift soon after I’ll jump

Hi EnzoIt,

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks Julia, it got better for me but with the last 2 cuts the dizziness and overload visual stimulation are back, I hope they’ll lift soon after I’ll jump

I hope the same for you!  It they left once I would bet they will leave again and stay gone!  Hope you are doing better today!

Widesky

This wont answer your pill cutting/taper questions. However, I wanted to reach out to you.

However, you will get tapering and implements guidance here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I also tapered having no idea what I was doing, and ended up creating a mess. Our stories are similar. Wanted you to know your not the only one who has had to stop, go back, and start again. I am now a few months into my 3ed taper. Not repeating previous mistakes. That being said, it is incredibly difficult. I really feel those cuts, and I am at a large dosage, which I don't care to disclose.

Our previous mistakes are not our fault. As you said, it is hell getting off the xancrap, and we had no solid guidance. And, each of us wont know what will work until we actually get started and figure out how much to cut, at what rate, and what method.

Every one of us will experience a unique withdraw experience. we will have most of the same symptoms, but our time frames of adapting to a cut, when to make a cut, and how large to make it are very individual, and these things can change a bit as we taper.

Additionally please remember that our dose will be steady, but our symptoms will not. Each dose, each day, and each cut will have it's ups and downs. You could have a pretty decent day followed by a really bad one. This is normal. It is the irregularity of our body trying to adapt.

I got stable in about 3 weeks on my first cut this time around,  then had a surgery, cut of the tip of my finger, had landlord problems, and it completely threw me into hard wd. I have been holding since, about 6 weeks now, and it is so frustrating.

Recovery for me is very very slow, and getting stable after being destabilised feels like it takes forever (the surgery and other events)

Just wanted to let you know your not alone, and there  are many others who are on their 2nd, 3ed or 4th attempt.

Bad Dove I'm sorry to hear about your surgery and your landlord stuff.. I'm glad to be your buddy...your post was very soothing to my terrified mind.  I needed to hear about the symptoms changing with good days and bad days which is normal and doesn't mean we are making huge mistakes in cuts.  Thank you so much.  I've been really irritable and have been so bogged down with intrusive thoughts. Depression and muscle twitches, no emotions, no facial expressions, no ability to work out, shaking tremors, bedridden for a good portion of the day.

I am also afraid I'll never make it..I guess we all feel that at some point in the beginning? I also feel like Xanax is the worst to come off which makes for more misery. I know my thoughts are super negative right now, and I'm trying to make this work the best I can.  Thank you for reaching out.

Finally starting to feel more stable and just in time to make another cut in about a week!  The fun never ends.....  Strange thing is I feel better when I am away from home.  I have no problems driving, shopping, driving for n hour or going downtown or even going to the doctors but once I get home, I start feeling anxiety.  Getting ready to make another .50 cut to bring me down to 4.5 mg.  I am actually looking forward to getting off Xanax completely but know that is quite a ways down the road.  I believe we all have had some horrible w/d sensations but it does get better with time.  I am holding on to the 2 steps forward, 1 step back mindset and it works for me.  I do continue  to mediate, exercise and I do the D.A.R.E. program. 

Widesky:  I purchased a pill cutter, scale and file.  (A huge shout out to Julia for helping me with this!  I can't thank you enough Julia) I dose 6 times a day and it was easy for me to break a 1 mg xanax in half and then in half again.  Most of my dosages are .75 mg so it is easy for now.  I am going down to 4.5 mg a day next week and will take .75 x 6 which equals 4.5.  Once I get to 4 mg, I will just break the 1 mg into quarters.  I love you idea of getting .25 xanax as they are scored and you can break the in half.  I did the math for the scale and a 1 mg xanax equals 0.128 grams; .75 equals 0.096 grams; .5 equals 0.064 grams and .25 equals 0.032 grams.  So since you are dealing with .50 xanax, it would be easy to weigh the .50 xanax which should weigh 0.064 grams and if you dose  4 times a day and wish to taper 10%, that would be the weight of 4 .50 xanax which would be 0.2560 less 0.0256 for 0.2304 new dosage for the day which would be 0.0576 per dose.  I have had just wonderful days and then bad days but all in all, I am not going to complain too much as I know God has my back and we will all get through this. 

I wish all relaxing days, blessed days and for those days that are hard, I wish you all nothing but God's blessings and strength as you will overcome.  I know I am looking at the small and simple things in life and find beauty in a blue sky, a bright flower, a few hours of sleep and even the excitement in a 30 minute nap which I took yesterday that I haven't been able to do for 3 months.  Each baby step is a step forward so I thank God for those baby steps!!!   

Finally starting to feel more stable and just in time to make another cut in about a week!  The fun never ends.....  Strange thing is I feel better when I am away from home.  I have no problems driving, shopping, driving for n hour or going downtown or even going to the doctors but once I get home, I start feeling anxiety.  Getting ready to make another .50 cut to bring me down to 4.5 mg.  I am actually looking forward to getting off Xanax completely but know that is quite a ways down the road.  I believe we all have had some horrible w/d sensations but it does get better with time.  I am holding on to the 2 steps forward, 1 step back mindset and it works for me.  I do continue  to mediate, exercise and I do the D.A.R.E. program. 

Widesky:  I purchased a pill cutter, scale and file.  (A huge shout out to Julia for helping me with this!  I can't thank you enough Julia) I dose 6 times a day and it was easy for me to break a 1 mg xanax in half and then in half again.  Most of my dosages are .75 mg so it is easy for now.  I am going down to 4.5 mg a day next week and will take .75 x 6 which equals 4.5.  Once I get to 4 mg, I will just break the 1 mg into quarters.  I love you idea of getting .25 xanax as they are scored and you can break the in half.  I did the math for the scale and a 1 mg xanax equals 0.128 grams; .75 equals 0.096 grams; .5 equals 0.064 grams and .25 equals 0.032 grams.  So since you are dealing with .50 xanax, it would be easy to weigh the .50 xanax which should weigh 0.064 grams and if you dose  4 times a day and wish to taper 10%, that would be the weight of 4 .50 xanax which would be 0.2560 less 0.0256 for 0.2304 new dosage for the day which would be 0.0576 per dose.  I have had just wonderful days and then bad days but all in all, I am not going to complain too much as I know God has my back and we will all get through this. 

I wish all relaxing days, blessed days and for those days that are hard, I wish you all nothing but God's blessings and strength as you will overcome.  I know I am looking at the small and simple things in life and find beauty in a blue sky, a bright flower, a few hours of sleep and even the excitement in a 30 minute nap which I took yesterday that I haven't been able to do for 3 months.  Each baby step is a step forward so I thank God for those baby steps!!! 

Torris, thank you for responding!  Do you find that some of the xanax pills don't weight the same as others?

Which scale did you get? It seems very accurate. Did you buy on Amazon?  If so, can you send me the link or the name and model info?  Still, I'm curious if you've ever found a discrepancy in the pill weights of the same milligram pill.

Glad to hear from you. I'm celebrating those baby steps of yours! Thank God is right!

Hi Torris,

I am sorry you have anxiety when you are at home but glad you do not have it outside of your home.  Could it be because of the loss you have experienced not so long ago, that you are having a harder time being home?  Is where you live, where you and your husband lived together?  I know you are still suffering through a hard time and now to have to deal with tapering too has to hard.  Just a thought. I am super happy that you are doing so well!!  That is great! 

Thanks for the shout out and I am glad the scale and file are helping you!

I do want to say that I just took out my scale and weighed a 1 mg and a .5 mg and a .25 mg pill and they all weighed between .129 and .132.  The reason I checked was because after I read what you posted to Widesky, I thought .25 mg is 0.032?  So I checked several times, as the scale does have to be checked more than once due to it constantly changing - My .25 mg pills weigh .129 grams.  I am sure that your calculations are correct for your 1 mg pills but I do want to say that each different mg pill can weigh differently.  So your 1 mg is 0.128 grams and my .25 mg is 0.129.  Also each lot of pills can be different also.  It will depend on how much filler is put in etc.

Just wanted to make sure that we all weigh each different mg pill to be sure of what it weighs.

Widesky - I am sorry you are having a hard time.  The same mg pills can and are different weights sometimes so what was  recommended to me is to weigh 10 pills and use the average weight.  What my husband has been doing is taking my .25 mg pills and breaking them at the score line and then he just files it down to the amount of grams I need.  I am below .5 mg a day.  So he breaks 2 of the .25 mg in half and then files down each piece to the amount I need.  Right now I am at .3793 mg and that is 0.196 grams a day.  He files the pieces to 0.049 and does 4 of them so I have 4 doses per day.

I hope that helps you!  If you look back on this thread, a few weeks ago I posted the information on the scale and even the nail file I use and I got them on Amazon.  I will repost that for you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HQBGGZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1    This is the nail file I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-Precision-Milligram/dp/B00ESHDGOI/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1242AJIWZI52L&dchild=1&keywords=gemini+20+scale&qid=1633563944&s=home-garden&sprefix=gemini%2Cgarden%2C173&sr=1-6  This is the scale I use.

Hope all this helps.

Julia

Julia:  I am so happy you caught that.  My measurements are based upon a 1 mg Greenstone Brand alprazolam.  So the weight for a 1 mg Greenstone Brand Alprazolam broken in half is 0.064 grams and then broken again is 0.032 grams and 3/4 of my 1 mg weighs 0.096.  Yes, each pill can weigh a little different even in my same prescription so I weigh 10 together and take the tiny difference as my marker.  Since we do not have ten thousand dollar scales, each time you weigh they will be off a little.  With me, that tiny difference does not bother me as it is so very small.

And yes, you are correct, I lost my husband, brothers and parents while living in this house and I love my home but there is much sadness with all the memories all around me.  I am sure as I grieve, happy memories will replace the sad memories.  Thank you so much for addressing this.  You are a wonderful soul. 

Widesky:  Please measure each of your pills and if you have a .25 mg alprazolam it will weigh different that what I posted to you earlier.  I am so sorry as I was basing my measurements on a 1 mg alprazolam cut 4 times.  So glad Julia caught that..  I feel awful..... 

Everyone have a beautiful wonderful evening! 

Hi Torris,

First, don't feel awful, you were trying to help. Widesky already asked about the pills weighing different so he kind of knew that. I just wanted to be sure and also add that different mg's and also different brands have different weights. You're also right when you said we don't have scales that cost thousands of dollars so we just have to figure out the best way to use what we have. Nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like you've gotten the hang of the scale really well. This is a learning curve for all of us.

I wanted to tell you again how sorry I am that you've suffered such loss. My heart really does go out to you. ♥️

I am glad that you have such a positive outlook on things. That will really help you with your taper. This is very hard and frustrating and some days painful but I do believe being positive is so helpful and important.

I hope you start having more happy memories fill your heart and I hope that helps you when you're at home. Home is usually our safe place and I hope you'll feel that again.🌹

I hope you have a good night too!!!  Be kind to yourself, you deserve that.

Hugs,

Julia 🤗🌹♥️