The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hello everyone and all new ones on here!

I thought I would jump on and say hello. I also wanted to give you an update on how I. Doing post jump. I’m in my 7th week Xanax feee and am doing quite well. Do I have hard time still? Yes I do. It seems to go about every other week or somewhere around there. Sometimes I only have a little blip of a symptom. It’s nothing like during my taper or first week after I jumped. I always remind myself that it use to be so much worse and that it will pass quickly. And it does. I have done two vacations since being free of Xanax. One by myself Colorado and I just got back from a week in Florida to Disney world with my hubby. I flew both time and did great. I was able to hike, paddle board and camp in Colorado just fine. In Florida I was able to walk 15,000-25,000 steps a day just fine other than having sore feet! I slept great and relaxed in the pool everyday. I was able to handle the noise levels and crowds without being overstimulated. I even sipped a half glass of champagne without any problems from it.

Im telling you all this not to boast or brag that I did all this but to encourage you all and let you know it does and will get better for you. That the hell of the taper is worth it and although you’ll never forget the taper you will start to not constantly think about Xanax or the taper process you went through. You will heal everyday and when you have a bad week or day you will remind yourself it’s never as bad as it once was during the taper withdrawals. There is hope and I want you all to keep the faith. Better days are out there and life is amazing without the Xanax, my husband says so much how I’m such a different person and so alive now! The old me is coming back, I want you all to look forward to that. Im sending positive vibes and hugs and prayers to you all. You can do this! You are all stronger than you will even possibly know.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary!! I’m so happy for you!! Thank you for coming back here and give us hope, it’s what we really need the most! I actually had a little of goose bumps reading your post, I can totally feel how happy you are and you totally deserve it! It must feel amazing to be able to travel, do activities and not feel overstimulated like during withdrawal! Can I ask you which symptoms you get sometimes? I send you a big hug and enjoy your Xanax free life!!

I thought I would jump on and say hello. I also wanted to give you an update on how I. Doing post jump. I’m in my 7th week Xanax feee and am doing quite well. Do I have hard time still? Yes I do. It seems to go about every other week or somewhere around there. Sometimes I only have a little blip of a symptom. It’s nothing like during my taper or first week after I jumped. I always remind myself that it use to be so much worse and that it will pass quickly. And it does. I have done two vacations since being free of Xanax. One by myself Colorado and I just got back from a week in Florida to Disney world with my hubby. I flew both time and did great. I was able to hike, paddle board and camp in Colorado just fine. In Florida I was able to walk 15,000-25,000 steps a day just fine other than having sore feet! I slept great and relaxed in the pool everyday. I was able to handle the noise levels and crowds without being overstimulated. I even sipped a half glass of champagne without any problems from it.

Im telling you all this not to boast or brag that I did all this but to encourage you all and let you know it does and will get better for you. That the hell of the taper is worth it and although you’ll never forget the taper you will start to not constantly think about Xanax or the taper process you went through. You will heal everyday and when you have a bad week or day you will remind yourself it’s never as bad as it once was during the taper withdrawals. There is hope and I want you all to keep the faith. Better days are out there and life is amazing without the Xanax, my husband says so much how I’m such a different person and so alive now! The old me is coming back, I want you all to look forward to that. Im sending positive vibes and hugs and prayers to you all. You can do this! You are all stronger than you will even possibly know.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You are such an inspiration!  So happy for your success and that you are enjoying life again!  I'm in the tough part of the journey right now, weird side effects and no ability to attend functions and family events or vacation due to sound and external movement sensitivity that will just send my panic and anxiety into overdrive.  Again, I'm so happy for you!

Hi Mary,

I just want to say that I am so very happy for you!  I know your taper was long but as you said , so worth it.  I am glad that things are getting better and better for you since you jumped.  You deserve it so much!  I am glad that you are enjoying vacations without issues and that you are living life again and that the old you is coming back.  Your message of positivity is so appreciated and I appreciate the encouragement!  It is so helpful! 

I know you will continue to get better and get back to pre xanax and feel even better and enjoy life even more than before.  I am sure that from the horrible experience with xanax, you are even more appreciative of life!  I know even at the dose I am at now, that I am grateful that I have gotten this far and that my life will be so much better when I am done. 

Love you and am so very happy for you!!!

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations Wonderwoman!!!!!  I cannot wait to be in your shoes and your post has given me so much inspiration to be Xanax free!  I still have a long road ahead of me but I know I will get there.  I can actually remember my life before Xanax and even though I had anxiety, I felt so much better.  I can't wait for the old me to emerge.  Enjoy your drug free life that you have worked so hard for!!!!! :thumbsup:

Widesky:  I know to well the horrible sensations from anxiety and tapering off Xanax but you too will beat this and before you know it, you too will be Xanax free and able to leave your home, travel and enjoy all the beautiful things God has put on this Earth.  Just hang in there are you are so very close to your goal and look how far you have come!  Count the achievements you have made and pat yourself on the back for getting up each morning and fighting the fight that you are winning. 

Julia:  You are about ready to make that never Xanax again jump in the very near future and you have worked so hard to get where you are.  I am so excited for you.  You have went through so much.  I am so happy that I was able to meet you in this group as you have helped me ever so much.  I am still holding at 5mg but happy I was able to leap away from 1mg.  Now if I can just get over these fun filled infections.. LOL...  Have a wonderful blessed day!

Mary!! I’m so happy for you!! Thank you for coming back here and give us hope, it’s what we really need the most! I actually had a little of goose bumps reading your post, I can totally feel how happy you are and you totally deserve it! It must feel amazing to be able to travel, do activities and not feel overstimulated like during withdrawal! Can I ask you which symptoms you get sometimes? I send you a big hug and enjoy your Xanax free life!!

Thank you so much Enzo! You are so close now! You will be free soon! I sometimes feel a little off balance and dizziness, sometimes my vision will get blurry off and on, and sometimes I feel restless or internal vibrations, and a few times I’ve felt some uneasiness and nausea. Once or twice some emotional symptoms or moments where I want to cry for no reason.  But it really has been fewer times than more and it does not last long. It really isn’t terrible and is very very manageable. I can tell everyday and every week that I’m healing and it’s getting better and better.  Time is such a good healer and distraction is very key! I’m so proud of how far you are and I’m excited to do a happy dance when you are done with this taper! You got this Enzo!  Bravo to you!  :smitten:

You are such an inspiration!  So happy for your success and that you are enjoying life again!  I'm in the tough part of the journey right now, weird side effects and no ability to attend functions and family events or vacation due to sound and external movement sensitivity that will just send my panic and anxiety into overdrive.  Again, I'm so happy for you!

Thank you so much! You are doing great! You will be there one day too. Remember it’s a marathon and not a sprint and taking your time is key. You will one day be able to be out and about again and do all of those things. Remember to be kind to yourself and cut yourself slack for not being able to do it. Right now being selfish is ok and concentrating on yourself and getting through this taper and healing is most important. We feel guilty enough through this process so don’t put anymore on yourself. Celebrate good days, accept the bad days and just do your best. Hugs……you’re doing great!

Hi Mary,

I just want to say that I am so very happy for you!  I know your taper was long but as you said , so worth it.  I am glad that things are getting better and better for you since you jumped.  You deserve it so much!  I am glad that you are enjoying vacations without issues and that you are living life again and that the old you is coming back.  Your message of positivity is so appreciated and I appreciate the encouragement!  It is so helpful! 

I know you will continue to get better and get back to pre xanax and feel even better and enjoy life even more than before.  I am sure that from the horrible experience with xanax, you are even more appreciative of life!  I know even at the dose I am at now, that I am grateful that I have gotten this far and that my life will be so much better when I am done. 

Thank you sweets! You are doing so well! I was so blessed to have your support through it. You have fought such a battle and are almost to the end. You will be able to enjoy life again too and I can’t wait for that for you. You deserve it so much! The appreciation level for life is huge and never taking anything for granted is another thing I’ve learned through this process. You will be there before you know it and what a celebratory day we’ll have! Love and hugs to you!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations Wonderwoman!!!!!  I cannot wait to be in your shoes and your post has given me so much inspiration to be Xanax free!  I still have a long road ahead of me but I know I will get there.  I can actually remember my life before Xanax and even though I had anxiety, I felt so much better.  I can't wait for the old me to emerge.  Enjoy your drug free life that you have worked so hard for!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you! You can do this! You are doing great! You will get there one day and it will be glorious! I can’t wait to watch your progress! Take it slow and make sure you listen to your body and do a symptom based taper. Make sure your body is boss! Let it dictate your taper. Hold when you need to and taper when you can. And always be kind and love yourself. You didn’t ask for this, none of us did. The greatest rewards come from the biggest battles. Your day will come! I’m cheering for you!  :smitten:

Hi Mary,

Thank you sweets! You are doing so well! I was so blessed to have your support through it. You have fought such a battle and are almost to the end. You will be able to enjoy life again too and I can’t wait for that for you. You deserve it so much! The appreciation level for life is huge and never taking anything for granted is another thing I’ve learned through this process. You will be there before you know it and what a celebratory day we’ll have! Love and hugs to you!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you my sweet friend!  You are such a beautiful person!  You helped me so much too and still do !  I am glad I was able to support you while you were tapering and I still do!  I am looking forward to being where you are and I hope it does not take too much longer.  The making smaller cuts and using the scale and also doing equal doses has helped me tremendously.  I have been able to cut each Sunday for the last 4 weeks.  I will get there.  Yes we will have quite the celebration!!!  Love and hugs to you my friend!!  You are precious to me!!!  :angel::smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Widesky:  I know to well the horrible sensations from anxiety and tapering off Xanax but you too will beat this and before you know it, you too will be Xanax free and able to leave your home, travel and enjoy all the beautiful things God has put on this Earth.  Just hang in there are you are so very close to your goal and look how far you have come!  Count the achievements you have made and pat yourself on the back for getting up each morning and fighting the fight that you are winning. 

Julia:  You are about ready to make that never Xanax again jump in the very near future and you have worked so hard to get where you are.  I am so excited for you.  You have went through so much.  I am so happy that I was able to meet you in this group as you have helped me ever so much.  I am still holding at 5mg but happy I was able to leap away from 1mg.  Now if I can just get over these fun filled infections.. LOL...  Have a wonderful blessed day!

Hi Torris,

Thank you!  I appreciate your sweet post!  I am glad that you feel I have helped you.  That makes me feel good.  You help me as well.  You are doing great!!  I am sorry you are having issues with infections and I hope they go away quickly for you! 

I think you are wise to continue holding at 5 mg until you feel like you are ready for another cut.  You will get to the end too.  It just takes time!

I hope you have a wonderful day as well. 

Take care.

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hi Mary,

I am so very happy for you 😁.  You are doing great what a wonderful blessing for you.  Thank you so much for the fabulous update on your vacations and how you are doing.  Make the most of everyday.

I'm still hanging on.

Love and hugs ❤

Hi everyone!

Day 16 of no xanax. Funny, my iPhone wants to use a capital X for that crap drug but I continually change it to a list case because it’s shit!

My journey was a long one. One that I regret because it costs me 32 years of enjoying life. Anytime things didn’t go my way, I’d pop a pill.

Anyway, glad I made the switch! Feeling very good. Yes, I have ringing in my ears and nervousness at times but that’s the extent. Feeling very alert and focused.

I’d be curious how others felt after quitting xancrap?

Stay safe everyone.

Peace

Old Sal

You know how you have a nightmare and wake up and glad that it’s over. I took a nap today and had a nightmare that I was applying for jobs, and I had to explain how I was living severely disabled. Then I woke up and I couldn’t even be relieved that it was just a dream.

What did you guys do when you got to your first window?

Hi everyone!

Day 16 of no xanax. Funny, my iPhone wants to use a capital X for that crap drug but I continually change it to a list case because it’s shit!

My journey was a long one. One that I regret because it costs me 32 years of enjoying life. Anytime things didn’t go my way, I’d pop a pill.

Anyway, glad I made the switch! Feeling very good. Yes, I have ringing in my ears and nervousness at times but that’s the extent. Feeling very alert and focused.

Stay safe everyone.

Peace

Old Sal

Congratulations Old Sal so happy for you!!!

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here much lately not feeling very well for the past few weeks.  I have read alot of your posts and am cheering you all on.  So many of us are struggling but I know we will get better.

Enzolt you so close to being off this poison!!!

Always praying for everyone on this journey.

Love and hugs❤

Hi everyone!

Stay safe everyone.

Peace

Old Sal

I am stealing that term, it's perfect. I want to send you over to the post jump (jumping means your off the benzo) group. You will get a lot of good information and support in there.

Here is the link:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here much lately not feeling very well for the past few weeks.  I have read alot of your posts and am cheering you all on.  So many of us are struggling but I know we will get better.

Love and hugs❤

I’m sorry to hear that Diane, I hope you will get better soon! Yes I can’t wait to get rid of Xanax, I still have many withdrawal symptoms but I’m at the point where I think real healing will happen when we don’t take that poison anymore

Hello everyone,

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie,

I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well for awhile!  I am praying that you will start to get some relief soon!  I know this has been hard on you. 

I am having some WD symptoms today, more than I have had in a while but I will get through it.

I am praying for you!!!

Love and hugs to you too!

Hello everyone,

Love and hugs❤

Hey Debbie,

I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well for awhile!  I am praying that you will start to get some relief soon!  I know this has been hard on you. 

I am having some WD symptoms today, more than I have had in a while but I will get through it.

I am praying for you!!!

Love and hugs to you too!

I’m sorry to hear that Julia, I send you an hug and I hope you’ll feel better soon

Hi all,

I am sorry so many are having withdrawal and having other issues.  I believe we will all get through this as hard as it is. 

EnzoIt - I am so happy that you are so close to being done!  What dose are you planning to jump at?  I am also sorry you are having strong WD symptoms and I hope and pray that when you get off that they will subside and go away once  you have healed.  Hugs to you!

Torris - I hope you are feeling better today and that your symptoms are getting better! 

Widesky - Hope you are getting some relief.  I know this is difficult to go through.

Old Sal - A window is a time when you have a good hour, day, week etc.  A wave is when you are having a rough time or feeling a lot of symptoms.    The link Baddove posted in her post was a really good one for people that are off the benzo but are still having symptoms or/and who are healing. 

Baddove - I hope you are doing ok.  I hope your finger is healing well and that you are doing well from the dental surgery.  How are you doing?

Why Why Why - Sorry you had a nightmare.  I sometime have benzo nightmare's too.  They are awful!  Fortunately, I have not had them often but when I do have them, they get my attention.

I have windows and waves on and off and when I have a window and feel good, I try to enjoy it and I try to get things done that I can not do when I am in a wave. 

WonderWoman1111 - I am so glad that you posted yesterday!  It was so encouraging and positive and I think so many of us need that right now!!!  Thank you!  Hugs to you!!  :smitten:

I hope everyone has a better day and that you all know you are not alone in this.  There is hope for us all!

Hugs,

Julia