• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

This isn´t going to work is it?  :tickedoff:  :laugh:

Oscar..your idea is very good!!!  Actually, I was mulling over my misery this morning, realizing that one of my most annoying symptoms has recently receded; the immediate sweating when something triggers my messed up nervous system.  I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules for about a month, as per my acupuncturist...and I think that has helped.  I'll try to participate in this thread..NL

:) [shadow=red,left][/shadow] It truly is wonderful to hear so many positive things from all of you.  It gives me hope and makes me happy.  I believe the more we continue to focus on these good things, the better the withdraw experience is going to be.  If I would have to give a percentage better, I would take an educated guess at 20-40%+  of a better life while withdrawing, from just being positive in our minds and thoughts.  :thumbsup:

I am a huge believer in positive thinking, a few positive vibes seem to go a long way , rather than dwelling in negativity. I understand that in the midst of withdrawal it can be almost impossible to do, I have been there too :(

I am 9 months post Ativan cold turkey and 8 weeks post Temaz taper and my first positive thought is , it feels to damn good to be free, my goal has been reached :thumbsup:

Almost all of my withdrawal side effects are gone, I am left with a very disrupted sleep pattern which was my original reason for being on benzos so I am truly not surprised ,  BUT, I am able to fall asleep without taking a damn pill and that to me is amazing after 15 years of benzos :thumbsup:

Another huge positive for me is I HAVE MY MIND BACK :smitten: This had become very worrisome, I truly believed I was starting to get early onset dementia. I can concentrate, I can read again, I can remember, its wonderful. :smitten:

Reading success stories really helped me to believe that healing would happen, I was so worried that I had possible permanent damage after my long long history with these drugs but I can tell you I  no longer believe that to be the case  :)

I have just finished Dr Peter Breggins book, Your Drug may be your problem and it  is a must read for anyone on any type of psychoactive drug.

I am also finding gentle yoga class and the meditation we do there to be so very helpful. When I first started it made me realize just how wired my mind was , I was truly unable to concentrate on even 2 deep breaths before my mind took over, I actually could not even deep breathe as that was another withdrawal issue with me, not being able to take a deep breath, now I am finally able to let the thoughts flow past and relax, breathe very deeply, more positives :clap:

Hope this thread will help others  here feel hopeful and positive about their recovery, it will happen, I and many many  others are proof POSITEVE :thumbsup:

LG

I am a huge believer in positive thinking, a few positive vibes seem to go a long way , rather than dwelling in negativity. I understand that in the midst of withdrawal it can be almost impossible to do, I have been there too :(

I am 9 months post Ativan cold turkey and 8 weeks post Temaz taper and my first positive thought is , it feels to damn good to be free, my goal has been reached :thumbsup:

Almost all of my withdrawal side effects are gone, I am left with a very disrupted sleep pattern which was my original reason for being on benzos so I am truly not surprised ,  BUT, I am able to fall asleep without taking a damn pill and that to me is amazing after 15 years of benzos :thumbsup:

Another huge positive for me is I HAVE MY MIND BACK :smitten: This had become very worrisome, I truly believed I was starting to get early onset dementia. I can concentrate, I can read again, I can remember, its wonderful. :smitten:

Reading success stories really helped me to believe that healing would happen, I was so worried that I had possible permanent damage after my long long history with these drugs but I can tell you I  no longer believe that to be the case  :)

I have just finished Dr Peter Breggins book, Your Drug may be your problem and it  is a must read for anyone on any type of psychoactive drug.

I am also finding gentle yoga class and the meditation we do there to be so very helpful. When I first started it made me realize just how wired my mind was , I was truly unable to concentrate on even 2 deep breaths before my mind took over, I actually could not even deep breathe as that was another withdrawal issue with me, not being able to take a deep breath, now I am finally able to let the thoughts flow past and relax, breathe very deeply, more positives :clap:

Hope this thread will help others  here feel hopeful and positive about their recovery, it will happen, I and many many  others are proof POSITEVE :thumbsup:

LG

Hi

I just ordered Dr Peter Breggins book.

I am a bit nervous about it because one of the reviews on amazon.co.uk said success is not always guaranteed.

I am also looking forward to my delivery of ashwagandha and l-theanine. There are glowing reviews on Amazon.com about it reducing stress and these reviews are what sold it to me.

Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Planetary-Herbals-Spectrum-Ashwagandha-Tablets/product-reviews/B001G7R34C/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

It really is interesting how the mind works like this.  I began reading this thread out of casual interest and the first few replies, while well meant, seemed to say 'nothing new here, move on'.  Well, I kept reading, not really expecting anything, but as each post appeared, I actually found myself smiling and realizing I was seeing some of the things that had bothered me but were mitigating.  When I see those same things in other threads, like the GI issues, bloating and leg pain, it made me more conscious of an "uh oh" feeling - while in this thread reading about them going away made me think "wow, yes....".  By the end, I was actually feeling better and more positive about the outcome.  I guess it's like smiling in the mirror.  Science says that even a fake smile at yourself in the mirror works psychologically to make you feel better.  Right now I can look in the mirror and smile back and it's not fake.  It's hopeful.

Positivity is contagious, unfortunately so is negativity....KEEP IT POSITIVE....you can do it, look what you've already accomplished, look how much better you are today than a month ago, you look much better, you feel better, you act better, you are better!!  :thumbsup:

"ILLUSORY JOY IS OFTEN WORTH MORE THAN GENUINE SORROW"  - Descartes  :laugh:

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

Journey- I just got some of the Ashawaghanda from a health food store myself. One of my homeopathic drs recommended it... I will let you know how it goes. I hope it is helpful for you!

:laugh: Good thread! let's get positive :thumbsup:

I am feeling positive as well,have been ok for the last 6 days and I also cut down another 5mg but I seem OK.

I was so ill through August,even ended up in the emergency,blue light on ambulance etc. at our local hospital.I thought I was dying with side effects,and judging by the amount of Doctors around me I think they did too.Too terrible to describe here.I heard one surgeon say to another Doctor,this cannot be all withdrawal can it?

I had 5 weeks of hell,and then it stopped,suddenly. I have reduced my original dose of 45mg of Oxazepam (taken daily for 42 years!!) to 22.5 mgs,I even reduced a further 5mg about4 days back,but still nothing really,just a bit of diabetic problems.

I am holding this current dose for a month anyway.Do you think it is possible to turn fear upside down,and once faced in full it will leave you alone.?

My attitude is calmer more measured.So yes POSITIVES all the way.

Love to you allXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Love these positive posts!!!!!!!!!!! Keep em coming! I am exhausted today and a bit cranky but it is sooooooo good to read peoples successes! LOVE IT!

I figure no matter what holds today that it is one step that I am closer to being free of this drug!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa :thumbsup:

That's it Lisa, keep going! I think positivity is the key. So.............................................................>

Was it Thomas Carlyle who said>DO THE THING YOU FEAR THE MOST AND THE DEATH OF THAT FEAR IS SURE.

Lots of love

D

I'm almost 2 months benzo-free now--50 days clean. At this point, my positive withdrawals are:

• GI issues are finally settling down.
  • Most of the major withdrawal symptoms have subsided. (i.e. tinnitus, DP/DR, rebound anxiety, headaches)
  • Increased energy.

But what I'm lovin' most of all is finally having my mind back. Slowly but surely I'm feeling like me again. I'm finishing a few books a week, got into a workout routine, and am looking for a new job. It's definitely nice not to be stagnating in Xantartica anymore.

Loving the posts here.

Been feeling more and more like my old self, today did a fair bit about the house, watched 2 movies... not got my head stuck in w/d.

;D

Oscar

Would like to be included. Posted my experience, all 20+ years of it, today--I feel as though I've made progress, although I continue to have reservations. Thanks in advance, juliad

I am willing to fight this withdraw to have my life back again.  I am positive that the suffering from a moderate taper is well worth it to have my life back again soon. 

I am willing to fight this withdraw to have my life back again.  I am positive that the suffering from a moderate taper is well worth it to have my life back again soon.

:thumbsup:  You have a great attitude about this and that's more than half the battle! 

You're life will be great benzo free! 

Thanks CedarTree!  Without the positive, we really don't have much hope, so might as well keep on thinking about the positive, since there is much more than we might think.  I wonder why much of us seem to focus primarily on the negative?  That is interesting.  :-\  Mabe since in mathematics  - and + = +    I guess that means that we need a balance of both mabe?  :o

I had a halfway decent nights sleep last night.....It makes  HUGE difference to me. I try to always stay on the positive but sometimes after 3 nights of no sleep and work and family its hard to not get in a rut. This thread is awesome for that.....Brings you back to realizing what you are working towards. Have a great day all!

Lisa

I feel much better today.  I feel peace for the first time in a while, which seemed like years.  I finally am getting over worrying about a stupid rash taht is not really that important and probably fungal and easily treated.  I feel so relieved now.  I feel I can now continue my taper plan and endure whatever withdraw symptoms come about.  Even those nasty heart flutters and racing heart beat and skipped/extra beats.  Sometime that terrifies me.  It almost always seems to start during or after a dose reduction.  The heart realted withdraw symptoms are, for me, the worst most frightning symptoms of withdraw.  I can deal with pretty much everythigng else, but that just scares the hell out of me.  I just don't want my heart to get damadged or anything.

I feel much better today.  I feel peace for the first time in a while, which seemed like years.  I finally am getting over worrying about a stupid rash taht is not really that important and probably fungal and easily treated.  I feel so relieved now.  I feel I can now continue my taper plan and endure whatever withdraw symptoms come about.  Even those nasty heart flutters and racing heart beat and skipped/extra beats.  Sometime that terrifies me.  It almost always seems to start during or after a dose reduction.  The heart realted withdraw symptoms are, for me, the worst most frightning symptoms of withdraw.  I can deal with pretty much everythigng else, but that just scares the hell out of me.  I just don't want my heart to get damadged or anything.

I hear you on the heart issues SkyZone... when i over tapered a month ago i would wake up with palps and it really worried me and yet Ashton says they are harmless... we should think of it as running for a bus, our heart rate would increase yet when sitting on the toilet in the morning with pounding heart it is easier said than done to just shrug it off...

I held my dose for 3 weeks and all the palps stopped, along with the inner vibrations i started having in my legs and the tics in my arms, all these symptoms were new and i took it as a sign i needed a break.

My GP scripted me propranolol for the heart stuff but so far i have not started taking it daily, yet if i get palps again i will use them for sure but hoping i get by without.

Oscar

Didn't you guys have the heart palps with your anxiety to begin with or is that not common....I just thought that was a definite part of anxiety. I haven't thought twice about those.....They are completely annoying tho!!! Its impossible to sleep!!!!

We are on our way gang.....Freedom is closer each day ;D

Lisa

Here's a positive for you- I c/t .25 klonopin and my 2 month mark is Oct 6th. The horrible anxiety is improving rapidly, I get slightly overstimulated in crowded, loud places ( no panic but irritability) and I'm pretty functional. Compared to where I was when I came here this is a miracle. Also, I don't think about w/d 24/7 anymore. I feel very close to normal! I do have the little " what if" about my CNS completely healing but that's it.