• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my Experts,I think im overmedicated on teh klonopin and lexapro feel so drugged and faint heart rate dropped to 59 and im scared On Monday that dr upped me to 1 mg of klonopin 2 times a day day before yesterday i dropped back to 11/2 mg of it at night but still the 1 mg in the am i feel so drugged and like im gonna faint and i dont know what lexapro might do but i feel over medicated I dont know if things will ever get right for me..will these drugs lower heart rate does any one know pharmacy said not to worry till its like in the 40s and i will fain tbefore than he said how confroting

Oh my Experts,I think im overmedicated on teh klonopin and lexapro feel so drugged and faint heart rate dropped to 59 and im scared On Monday that dr upped me to 1 mg of klonopin 2 times a day day before yesterday i dropped back to 11/2 mg of it at night but still the 1 mg in the am i feel so drugged and like im gonna faint and i dont know what lexapro might do but i feel over medicated I dont know if things will ever get right for me..will these drugs lower heart rate does any one know pharmacy said not to worry till its like in the 40s and i will fain tbefore than he said how confroting

How much klonopin does your presciption tell you to take? I do not know anything about the decreased heart rate but it is a tranquilizer.

will klonopin lower blood pressure and heart rate

I looked up klonopin on 3 reliable medical sites and no where did I find lower blood pressure or lower heart rate as a possible side effect.

dr had me up the klonopin to 1 mg 2 times a day,...and im also on lexapro now something is dropping heart rate blood pressure sint to bad and my face cheeks have been feeling like a burning or tingling

hazy, do you mean you are taking 1/2 mg at night?

You really must take your meds as directed, or decide for yourself if you want to lower the dose, and stick with it for a period of time so you can stabilize on it.  This is really important....you have been all over the place with your meds, now you have a new dr. with a chance to get straightened out but you must follow some kind of schedule with your meds.

TS

im so concerned with how drugged out i am and my heartrate i do not feel like doing anything...i did go to 1/2 mg like she started me on at first at night..i called her office she does not really want to see me she was just trying to help me till i get a pshy and i dont see one till feb 3 and my face is all numb and tingly for some reason.happens aftr i take the ativan  is that wierd.could it be allergic reaction

im so concerned with how drugged out i am and my heartrate i do not feel like doing anything...i did go to 1/2 mg like she started me on at first at night..i called her office she does not really want to see me she was just trying to help me till i get a pshy and i dont see one till feb 3 and my face is all numb and tingly for some reason.happens aftr i take the ativan  is that wierd.could it be allergic reaction

I have had the numbness before, it won't hurt you. Just try to not obsess about it or it will make it worse. I thought you were on klono again?? Did you switch again to the ativan?? Is the doctor aware of this change?? What EXACTLY and how much are you taking??

I am on klonopin 2 times a day and ativan as needed the dr upped the klon to 1mg 2 times a day but i really feel that is oversedating me and i try not to take the ativan it seems to make my face cheeks burn or tingle could it be a reaction even though i was on it before maybe i even mentioned it before,,,,my heart rate has dropped so much plus im on the lexapro

I am on klonopin 2 times a day and ativan as needed the dr upped the klon to 1mg 2 times a day but i really feel that is oversedating me and i try not to take the ativan it seems to make my face cheeks burn or tingle could it be a reaction even though i was on it before maybe i even mentioned it before,,,,my heart rate has dropped so much plus im on the lexapro

If you are feeling sedated, why would you need to take the Ativan? How much klono were you taking before she upped it to 2mg/day? I'm sorry but I have no knowledge about Lexapro.

i was on 1/2 mg in the morning and half in the night of klonopin then she upped it i think its too much and i hardly take the ativan i feel so drugged and heer office just called and said stay on the meds

i was on 1/2 mg in the morning and half in the night of klonopin then she upped it i think its too much and i hardly take the ativan i feel so drugged and heer office just called and said stay on the meds

Why did you take the Ativan if you were feeling so drugged?? You should not need to take the Ativan if you are taking 2mg of klono a day. You need to follow the doctors advice until you see the other doctor to see what he will recommend.

This dr told me to take ativan as needd and even though im drugged feeling i was having anxiety and that burning on my cheeks so i took 1/2 mg of ativan at11 35 this morning drs offive just called me back and said i could go back to 1/2 mg klonopin 2 times a day Thankk God maybe i wont be so drugged feeling....t think i had ever been on 2 mg of klonopin before thats pretty strong huh..and plus the lexapro i hope its not the one lowering heart rate

This dr told me to take ativan as needd and even though im drugged feeling i was having anxiety and that burning on my cheeks so i took 1/2 mg of ativan at11 35 this morning drs offive just called me back and said i could go back to 1/2 mg klonopin 2 times a day Thankk God maybe i wont be so drugged feeling....t think i had ever been on 2 mg of klonopin before thats pretty strong huh..and plus the lexapro i hope its not the one lowering heart rate

I was prescribed klono at .50mg 3/x per day and that made me like a zombie. Hopefully, the .50mg 2x/day for you will be just about right!  :thumbsup:

hazy,

You are on the .5 mg x 2 of Klonopin and the Lexapro, just work with that until you see the dr. on the 3rd.  The dr. will be more of help to you if you have stabilized a couple of weeks at the same amount of the meds. 

Since the ativan is 'as needed,' and you don't really know if you need it or not, why not leave it alone and don't take it at all?  Wait until the new dr. can advise you.

TS

i will be on 1/2 mg twice a day starting today i only took 1/2 this mornign instead of 1 mg but i am feeling drugged but anxxious also,,been on klonopin since friday at 1/2 mg 2 times aday on monday was put on 1 mg 2 times a day and the lexapro wish i knew more about lexapro

Have you googled lexapro?  I know it takes a couple of weeks to build in the system so you are going to have to give it some time to work.  Look it up and see what it says, it may ease your mind.

TS

Im scared of what the side effects might say,and get them even though i have taking lesss klonopin today my heart rate is still so much lower than normal a pharmamsit sais maybe its helping my anxiety thus bringing heart rate down but i feel anxious right now and pain in my heart when will i ever quit being so scared scared of meds and scared of living i think  and darn i jsut burnt my fingers on cook stove

Back in aug when i went in mental hospital it was because i was freaking so i felt the klonopin was building up in my body an making me ill and its in my thraoat and thats how i feel again im scared becasute i ahved to take it till i go see the new pshy in feb

Back in aug when i went in mental hospital it was because i was freaking so i felt the klonopin was building up in my body an making me ill and its in my thraoat and thats how i feel again im scared becasute i ahved to take it till i go see the new pshy in feb

If you only take the .50mg 2X/day, you should be fine. Being scared just make symptoms worse. Try to relax.

I think your anxiety over taking the pills are making you worse than the actual side effects of the pills.  You get anxious just thinking about taking them.

You are going to have to do something to calm yourself down, some self talk, listen to music, watch tv, anything to relax.

.5mg X 2 of klonopin isn't going to hurt you.  I don't know of anyone that has had anything happen to them because of taking Klonopin.  No strokes, heart attacks, no seizures, etc..... nothing.  You are worrying over nothing.  And lexapro is supposed to be one of the most well tolerated drugs out there so the chances of you having problems with it are small.

TS

HI,You know how i talk about my face burning well i woke up this morning and my skin all over my body is like burning from the inside out and trouble concntrating i dont know if its allergic reaction or what but as we know i cant go to drs here in my town they treat me awful and my neck is getting stiff im wondering if i have that serotin syndrome,im scared and io so wanted the lexapro to help me and i ahve been on klonopin before so i dont thinkits that i called my pahrmacy and he said it might be allergic reaction but he dont know what drs would do for me as for as a antid epressant because i have dide effects from eveeryhting i feel so hope less

Hi hazy,

I do not know what to tell you or what could be causing the burning symptoms. As I said, hopefully your new doctor will be able to help you. Can't you talk to the doctor that prescribed the Lexapro?

T2 :smitten:

Hazy,

The burning sensation you are having in your face and all over your body is from wd.  It's a common side effect from the benzos, you are in tolerance and it won't go away until you are off the benzos. 

This has been one of your issues since you started here and the answer is always the same...it's the drugs. Klonopin, xanax, ativan, they are all benzos and you have reached a state where they are not working for you any longer.  You have been given a mixture of these drugs off and on for a long time and nothing is helping you, and it won't get better until you get off.

You need to get on a set amount and then start tapering.  You're new dr. might help with this but you can't count on it so you need to get as informed as you can so you can help yourself.

:smitten:  TS

ok im now on 1/2 mg of klonopin twice a day after getting stabilized on it i would like to begin the taper as you said i hope the dr will help but im counting on my friends here to help me out i know i need off and im not sure i can do the lexapro i feel so ill like flulike and worse depressed even i have tried ssris  before and no luck thank you for your advice all of you