was switched from ativan to xanax

[ha...]

Hazy  :therethere:

I looked up concussion symptoms and treatment and am as sure as a non-doctor can be that you don't have a concussion.  Even if you had one, the only treatment is rest and avoiding alcohol.  So no rollerblading, bungee jumping or clubbing for a while.  ::),

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a few concussions and Beeper is right Sweet Pea, even if you had one, rest is what they always told me to do. Just try to take it easy. :)

opps i have been drinking my non lacholic beer the last few days and each bottle has less than 0.5 allchol by volume will that affect me,my pharmisist has told me i could drink it with my meds......he even said i could have a real drink but im afraid to i know years ago i drank with my xanax and i think also depakote but i have a few of it know and i know thats causing alot of my sadness becasue i want to drink sometimes and im afraid i will die if i do the last time i drank was on my wedding a little over a year ago adn i was on klonopin,risperdal and celexa at that time and i drank alot Do you know how the drs even check for concussion the side of my head where i was hit kinda burns inside im so scared

opps i have been drinking my non lacholic beer the last few days and each bottle has less than 0.5 allchol by volume will that affect me,my pharmisist has told me i could drink it with my meds......he even said i could have a real drink but im afraid to i know years ago i drank with my xanax and i think also depakote but i have a few of it know and i know thats causing alot of my sadness becasue i want to drink sometimes and im afraid i will die if i do the last time i drank was on my wedding a little over a year ago adn i was on klonopin,risperdal and celexa at that time and i drank alot Do you know how the drs even check for concussion the side of my head where i was hit kinda burns inside im so scared

Hi hazy,

It is best to not drink alcohol while on benzos. Non alcohol beer should be okay if you think you need to drink.

T2 :smitten:

Ok i went to a physians assi. and he had me folow his finger with my eyes he had me push against his hand with each side of my face he had me make some wierd facial expressions and he hasd me stand up and close my eyes and he watched meas i stood there i told him about my eyes being kinda fuzzy and my head hurting..i told him i feel off a laddder and thena girl hit me he told me he wasnt gonna doa cat scan as the other tests he did on me i reacted ok and he said he knows how i worrya bout everything and he said just to watch myself everyday but since it happened sunday and its wed he thinks,,he thinks how reasuring is that im ok  so i guess i went to dr and tried to get peace of mind i hope he is right as my visoin is kinda scaring me but he is a physsicains assi. he must have went to med school and hopefully knows something oh also i got a list of my meds i ws on in 2004 and 2005 and it was depakote and xanx same as im on know and i drank beer back then every day and was a very happy diferent person than i am now i wonder why im so araid to drink now and if it never hurt me thne why am i worried i would die fronm it now...when u all werent tapering off benzos did anyone ever drink also like i did i drank dailey back then

Hey hazy,

I would recommend NOT drinking alcohol while you are tapering. It can make your withdrawal symptoms worse. Maybe have that to look forward to once you are benzo free and have healed. I tried to find what Dr. Ashton says about how alcohol affects the GABA receptors/brain and how it is not good to mix benzos with alcohol, but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else knows more detail about the reasons why it's not a good thing to mix them together. Glad the dr. feels you don't have a concussion.

Lori :smitten:

i dont know if thatphysians assiant i webnt to is right my head feels kinda like its burning and worse dizziness im still worrieeda bout my head

HI Hazy,

I would not drink liquor at all, this is not going to help you at all, it only revs up your system and can bother you much more, goodluck to you my friend! :smitten:

well hi havnet been doing to good for 3 days..i had a cat scan though and my head is fine but i feel so empty and gloomy and dont know if its the depakote er or the xanx yesterday i only took 1 1/4 xanax..the pharmacy told me i should take then only when i need then all the 18 years i have been on then i have taking then like 3 or  time s aday will it matter if i take them as needed and dont laways take 3.....im afraid my heart is messed up as my left arm and my pain behind the left breast is back i know i have complained i wont go to drs because they hate me here in my town and always tell me its anxiety and send me home and my hubby would be mad if i went to dr i saw my dr 2 days ago and sinc ei was calmer she thinks the depakote er is helping me but i told her how emtpty i feel but she was more concerned with my head being hit..anyways does anyone else get left arm pain and pain behinf breast  oh and i cant concetrate well im scared but cant reach my dr and as i said these drs here would oly yell at me so if i did i die here alone in my house

i just took a xnax maybe it will help

Hey hazy,

Glad that your head is okay and no concussion. I was curious if you are wanting to taper off your xanax or not? If you do, it is best to stay on the same amount and take it at the same times everyday. Or, are you just taking it as needed as not wanting to taper off of it?? I am not sure if chest and arm pain is a withdrawal symptom or not. Did you have it checked out by a dr. last time you had this type of pain? This is all I could find from the Ashton Manual:

Heart and lungs. Palpitations, pounding heart, rapid pulse, flushing, sweating, and breathlessness are usual accompaniments of panic attacks, but may occur without panics. They do not signify heart or lung disease but are simply the expression of an overactive autonomic nervous system. Slow deep breathing and relaxation, as described under panic attacks, can do much to control these symptoms. Do not worry about them: they would be accepted as normal if you were running for a bus, and will do no more harm than if you really were!

Hope you feel better...

i think every time i have ran to the drs here in my toen with the arm pain and pain behind breast and they have done ekgs and all are fine and the lasrt time i wnet to er here the dr would not doa  ekg he said i have had so many but im also have worse dizziness and jaw pain i don t know maybe im just freakin i wasnt having this pain 2 days ago when i saw my dr,,,,i just seem like a zobie the last 3 days trouble concetrating blankness i dont care about anything ans worse dizziness im scared

Hey hazy,

I had an EKG and a Pulmonary Breathing test done on me. Once I knew they were okay, I didn't worry the next time my heart was racing and I was having shortness of breath. Just know, that you have had this checked out more than once by an EKG, which would have showed up if there was anything wrong, and have peace about it.

im tryong to relax but now my right jaw is hurting and i read where left arm pain jaw apin area ll symtopms of a heart attack and my eyes are blurry why cant i just feeel half way ok  3 more days of being alone i hate it its cold so i dont wnat to go anywhere its all snowy out so im just here home alone i decorated some yesterdat felt no joy though i am scared about this jaw pain its getting worse

Hey hazy,

On my second cut, I had bad jaw pain. I could hardly open my mouth very wide.

3 more days of being alone i hate it its cold so i dont wnat to go anywhere its all snowy out so im just here home alone

What is probably making you feel worse right now is being alone. I know that when I am alone, my mind can wander and think on a lot of "what ifs" which just gives me more anxiety. Even though it's snow outside, could you bundle up and go out for a walk?? That might help get your mind off stuff??

wow thats wierd u had jaw pain so maybe mines from only taking 1 1/4 mg of xnax yesterday or chewing too much gum i do chewa lot of gum,,its just way to cold for me outside i have slight cold anyways and its all cold snowy and windy out there

GOSH DOES anyone have as amny bad days as me now im having hard time swallowing tried to do a bit around teh house but feel so crummy like im allergic to something all i took was my xanax at 1100 am and its now 12 35 and im feeling gloomy again and my thraot feels like its closing i want to be like i used to my son sent me a pic last nigh taking in the early 90s and goes mom u were happy then whats wrong now,and u know i have so many reasons to be happy and all i feel is emptiness i know its not right but the years i drank and evne though i was on meds i wss o happy and had a life now i m sitting here slowly killing myself what could be making me this way i now benzos and proberly all the other drugs (prescribed i have been on) i would give anything for the days when i drank

my son sent me a pic last nigh taking in the early 90s and goes mom u were happy then whats wrong now,and u know i have so many reasons to be happy and all i feel is emptiness i know its not right but the years i drank and evne though i was on meds i wss o happy and had a life

Hey hazy,

I was just curious if your kids were still at home with you in the early 90's? Are you experiencing some "empty nest" syndrome right now? Sorry it's too cold for you to go out and walk and hope you get over your cold quickly.

i dont know i got divorced in 2003 and i do miss having kids around but my youngest is 22 now

i see my oldest quite often im just alone and i dont like it and i just talked to a pharmaist and they said maybe the depakote er is too strong for me and i should ask to be back on regular depakote,,imgoing to try and exercise im so out of it

i i just talked to a pharmaist and they said maybe the depakote er is too strong for me and i should ask to be back on regular depakote

Hey hazy,

I don't know the difference between the 2 depakotes? I know what you mean about being alone. I am home alone a lot now that our kids are teenagers. It can be scary when you don't feel well. I think it's a good idea to try and get some exercise; even if you just walk around inside where you live. I haven't walked yet today and need to before it gets dark and colder.

was gonna exercise but couldnt figure out how to fix the handles on my machine i feel funny inside of my chest like little bugs crawliong around and like im gonna stop breathing what a day i hope i make it till monday when  i can talk to my dr i will walk around in my houseas u suggested i hope u do well

I just got back from a walk outside; burr it was cold! I cut my am dose and my pm dose in half today, so I felt a bit dizzy while I was walking. Walking around your house sounds good! I think you'll make it till Monday. Just take it hour by hour and try to do/find things that will take your mind of how you are feeling. Hope you feel better....

Hey hazy,

Checking in on you to see how you were feeling today. I know that health symptoms can be scary and I know from experience, that getting anxiety/stressing over it can make the symptoms worse. It's easier said than done, but try not to worry. If you feel you really need to get things checked out, then see a dr. Well, atleast it's Monday. Are you not going to be alone anymore now that it is Monday?

Hi,well i missed my sat night dose od depakote er and last night i laughed a bit and was romatic with hubby but was afraid to miss anotehr dose of it so i took it last night and this morning same thing had to pry myself out of bed feel so emotionless flat like i feel like im dead just a shell i called drs office nurse said dontt ake it no more and she will talk to dr about me my fear is they will admit to a hospital as nothing they do helps me and i would lose everything including myself if that happens,,im scared to just stop taking it as its a seizure emd and even though im not on it for seizures one phamaissit told me there is a rare chance i could have  a seizure from stopping it but most of the pharmamisists say i havne tbee on it long enough to worry about it,,,hope the dr calls i dont know if im depressed and need a antidepresant and we all know my fear of meds but if this isnt the depakote making me feel so blank than its the xanx and we all know i cant quit taking it,,,i have cut back to 1 1/2 mg pretty much every 6 hours sometimes i make it 8 hours  im at a loae and want to feel some joy at this time of year,,i have been on so many drugs since i was 30 imaprimine,trazodone zoloft paxil zoloft efffexoer celaxa cymbalta and more xanx klonopin ativan buspar there must be something to help me i hop eu are ok all of you