was switched from ativan to xanax

[ha...]

it all depends on what time i get up does that matter and how many hours apart should i go

It depends on how your prescription says to take it. Three times per day would be about every 8 hours.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if dr told me to try halving the .05 mg would a .25 last 8 hours ,would i still take the 2 1/2 pills as perscribed but cut in half i wonder to still equal 2 1/2 pills a day....she told me to try halfs because i started having the awful dizziness again...Im also on abilify been on klonopin since jan 2 and abilify sice jan 20 09

If you still want to take 2 1/2 mg a day you would have to take .25 every 4 hours.  Some of your symptoms may be from your other meds.....everything you put in your body, including food and drink, play a part in how you feel.

and to cut back how would i do it taking the  klono in halfs

These are the measurements for a .50mg klonopin tablet......

1/2 of a .50mg tablet is .25mg

1/4 of a .50mg tablet is .125mg

1/8 of a .50mg tablet is .0625mg

Most here are able to reduce by .125mg off their total daily dose every 7-14 days.

so maybe i have cut too much some daays lately i have only had like 1 1/2 pills instead of 2 1/2 over past week....dizzy and odd vision

As long as you keep messing with your meds you are going to feel lots of different symptoms.  In order for this to work for you you must pick an amount you are going to stick with, stay there for a week or two, and then start a sensible, measured taper.  This is the only way it's going to work for you.

There is no way to get away from all the symptoms of wd, you are going to have to deal with some of them in order to get off the poison.  We feel horrible on them and we feel horrible getting off them, but once we are off we will heal.  But we must get rid of the poison so we can start healing, it's the only way.

Im not really messing with my meds been on pretty much 2 1/2 05 pills since Feb 4 before was on 2 pills.Im just taking them in halve for past week per dr. to see if it helped dizziness but it hasnt...still dizzy and also blurry vision,,,have med dr app. today to see if its sinus ear related...Yesterday i wet back to 1 whole in morning and even ing and 1/2 at noon like i was on since feb,,,will stay that way and then cut

Hi Sweetpea, (and everyone)

sorry I'm a bit confused and certainly no expert with any of this stuff. Only with what I've been through etc.

Even if dr told me to try halving the .05 mg would a .25 last 8 hours ,would i still take the 2 1/2 pills as perscribed but cut in half i wonder to still equal 2 1/2 pills a day....she told me to try halfs because i started having the awful dizziness again...Im also on abilify been on klonopin since jan 2 and abilify sice jan 20 09

If you have been taking half of the 2 1/2 pills and are getting dizzy, that's w/d. and if you're getting dizzy on the full amt. then why would you go back up? I am sorry if I am being blunt but also, isn't abilify another benzo? If I'm wrong forgive me, but if it is, doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of withdrawing? Just wondering here. And sweetpea these are all nasty meds. There is noway in getting off of them without suffering some s/x. I would love if I could get away with the "some". I think you just have to come to terms there is going to be discomfort no matter which way you try and do this. I only mean this with best intentions dear, not being mean or anything and hope you understand. Take care :smitten:

have med dr app. today to see if its sinus ear related...

Hey hazy,

How did your dr. appointment go today? Was the dizziness sinus or ear related?

Lori :smitten:

Lori,Well Dr.looked in my ears and gave me and antibotic and said if the dizziness is from the ears the antibotic should take care of it...and to answer the other persons question NO ABILIFY is not a BENZO.......But Im back on my schedule with klono just need to start the taper

I'm sorry I asked if Abilify was a benzo sweetpea, and I just asked.

But it is an antipsychotic, like the Seroquel I was on before. And that's the reason I asked, because I've been doing so much research and now know what antipsychotic means. And wish I'd of known sooner.

I only mean the best for you and anyone going thru withdrawals from any psychotics and Abilify is one of the strongest and wasn't sure just how much you know about this drug.

I'm sorry if I offended you, just don't shoot the messanger :crazy:

Bak on track with klono.....shooter i think is the name my dr had me cut down from 5 mg to 2 mf of the abilify,,,,it was helping me so much but i think its the klonopin causing my dizziness i read  my old post and see where i was dizzy about a month and half after being put on klonopin.i see my pshy on march 10th and will tell her but not sure what she will do as all benzos make me ill i guess.IM scared was doing so well,now the awful dizzinessbut i was also on klonopin for 7 months in 07 and did fine on it so maybe its my ear and allergies because other than dizziness i feel pretty good.

Oh but im not going off the abilify unless dr stops me on Tuesday but i think its the Klonopin causing the dizziness

Hey hazy,

I would definately tell your psych dr. on March 10th about your dizziness and the abilify. Might be that you need to go back to the 5mg of abilify and then begin a slow and steady taper off the klonopin. Have you been taking the antibiotic that the dr. gave you for your ear?? Is it not seeming to help?

Lori :smitten:

On last day of antibotic a bit better.I guess the dr diagnosed me with ear infection,,,so maybe its clearing it up.Go to pshy tommorow.May get to go back up on abilify,,Im full of fear again and so drained.

HI Sweetpea,

I haven't checked in , in along time. I hope you are doing ok. You sound pretty good. I hope you Dr appts. are going well, and that you now have people who are working with you. I'm wishing you all the best. Kel

HI,Thanks for caring.Dr. app. went ok.She dont think its the meds causing the dizziness.My Hubby told her how I havehad dizziness of and on for years and how the ENT Dr. said i needed surgery last summer but I couldnt do it because of my emotional state,so Dr said i could stay on lower dose of abilfy or go back to 5 mg.I chose to go back up as it helped my anxieety but got worse dizzy it seemed yesterday so last night i took the 2 mg.Im thinking its anxiety.But Skooter if u r out there Im on abilify not because Im bipolar or anyhting but for depression and anxiety,im sorry if i offfened you......i hope its not a bad drug to help me over this.She mentioned Geodan if abilify is the cause of dizziness..whats your imput..you said you have been study this type of meds..And I spoke to her about tapering off klonopin and she agrees I can try it.

]

Hi sweetpea,

it takes a lot to offend me so don't worry about it. I'm older and wiser now and take things with a grain of salt (when I'm not in "depression and anxiety mode from the psych drugs w/d).

If you want to keep thinking that you are going to "fix" your problems with taking another med for this one and that one, then I guess you'll continue to suffer for a long time and if that's what it takes for you to realize after yrs. of being in psych hell, then I can't say anything to you that's going to change your mind. I've been there and done it myself. But I didn't have internet when I had "severe chronic depression" and was told I'd have the rest of my life, from pdocs of course that kept writing the scripts. After being on one med after another I finally let them do ect on me, many many. TO DAMN MANY. But I trusted them docs, after all they were the "experts".

They had me psycho for 12 yrs. That's a long waste of life. And you think I would of learned my lesson, but nope after taking 2 yrs. to get off of antidepressants, but still taking a benzo duhh, and being in such pain and seeing doc after doc. I get d/x with Fibromyalgia and after a couple of yrs. of the pain getting worse and worse I finally get hooked up with another pdoc to control my pain (most docs think fibro is psychological of course) hence more meds, yeahooo.

There goes another 10 yrs of my life so far. And here I am today suffering with w/d for a yr. now.

So that's my story. You know the dizziness is caused by psych drugs yet you continue to find reasons to stay on the meds. It's not just benzos that screw up your mind. Any and ALL PSYCHOTIC DRUGS mess up your whole delicate brain. Everything you put into your mouth, into your stomach..........goes straight to the mind. And the only way to get better is to stop putting the poisons into the mouth. Sorry to say and be so blunt.  It is what it is and that's all she wrote. I just hope you finally realize this and take the steps to want to heal yourself. Nobody can do it for you not even those great wonderful docs who think they are God that push these legal pills into us for the all mighty dollar. I just wish I knew what I know now a little sooner so I could have saved myself a few yrs of this b.s. :idiot:

How do you learn to deal with the racing thoughts and the feeling imlosing my mind? I know Im not crazy this all started in 2007 when i cold turkeyed of xanax.Im not so sure its the meds causing my dizzziness,I have chronic sinustitis.the ENT would not do the surgery on me i needed to fix my problem that also relates to my ears because of my emotional state last summer.Im going to go to a new ENT sometime soon,Im tapering off the klonopoin now,this is kinda addresed to skooter,

Ok i am pretty steady on this schedule 5 am 1 whole .05 11 am 1/2 of a .05 and a 5 pm 1/2 05.....been back on 5 mg of abilfiy but so dizzy trying to cut to 2 mg,,,,cant find  TS said paxton was on abilify and cut any one know or is paxton out there?

It's best to taper one drug at a time.  Getting off the Klonopin first will help you the most, so let's leave the ability where it is for another time.  :)

Here's the link to Paxton's thread.  It's pretty long but she came off several drugs, one at a time, and the ability is toward the end of the thread.  If you have time you could scan the thread and find out how she was doing on the abilify while tapering the others. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=7387.msg81185#msg81185

Hope  you're having a good day!

TS