was switched from ativan to xanax

[ha...]

also im a bit concerned i was reading back on here and i felt some emptiness on just the xanax and thats why i was switching back and forth between ativan and xanx to see if that would help and that was before the depakote was added but think im worse with the  depakote er im so confused  i cant get any lower i almost feel suicidal

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hazy/sweetpea,

Sorry you're feeling so empty. Benzos do tend to cause these emotionless feelings. If you would do a slow taper off them, you may start feeling back to your normal self. Hope you feel better soon!

T2 :smitten:

i dont know if i can do it im DOWN and EMPTY seems worse with the depakote but than again i am now taking the xanx regulat since dec 4th even though im doing a lower dose im scared because of how i feel i wont go back toa hopspital and i think i may need antideprsant but im so scred of meds im going to stop the depakote as the nurse said and maybe i will get some feeling s back i just hope i dont freak i already feel like i am

Hey Hazy,

How long have you been taking the depakote and at what dose? Do you think you need to taper off of it or did the nurse tell you to just stop taking it all together? That is good that you are taking the same amount of xanax everyday. I hope you are taking it at a set schedule as well. Good thing that it is also a lower dose! Hang in there....

Lori :smitten:

I was put on the Depakote er 250 mg on dec 4 08 and i missed one dose so thats 10 days i think the pharmisist said i could just stop but the nurse is suppose to talk to the dr and get back to me

im here feeling so lost and empty and funny feelings in my head,,,if u have time read back on my story and u will see i talked about emptiness even before the depakote so im very scared now becauase it must be both meds making me so down i remeber i begged the dr not to make me stay on xnax and she told me it wasnt making me so downa nd the depakote would help well im as low as i can get

Hey hazy,

Just wait for the nurse to call back to see what the dr. wants you to do.  I remember you talking about the emptiness feelings before. They can be feelings that are related to depression, but a dr. really would need to be the one to diagnose you with that. I hope you can feel better, soon.

also im a bit concerned i was reading back on here and i felt some emptiness on just the xanax and thats why i was switching back and forth between ativan and xanx to see if that would help and that was before the depakote was added but think im worse with the  depakote er im so confused  i cant get any lower i almost feel suicidal

Just remember how you felt this morning, hazy.  This is what you posted earlier today:

Hi,well i missed my sat night dose od depakote er and last night i laughed a bit and was romatic with hubby but was afraid to miss anotehr dose of it so i took it last night and this morning same thing had to pry myself out of bed feel so emotionless flat like i feel like im dead just a shell i called drs office nurse said dontt ake it no more and she will talk to dr about me my fear is they will admit to a hospital as nothing they do helps me and i would lose everything including myself if that happens,,im scared to just stop taking it as its a seizure emd and even though im not on it for seizures one phamaissit told me there is a rare chance i could have  a seizure from stopping it but most of the pharmamisists say i havne tbee on it long enough to worry about it,,,hope the dr calls i dont know if im depressed and need a antidepresant and we all know my fear of meds but if this isnt the depakote making me feel so blank than its the xanx and we all know i cant quit taking it,,,i have cut back to 1 1/2 mg pretty much every 6 hours sometimes i make it 8 hours  im at a loae and want to feel some joy at this time of year,,i have been on so many drugs since i was 30 imaprimine,trazodone zoloft paxil zoloft efffexoer celaxa cymbalta and more xanx klonopin ativan buspar there must be something to help me i hop eu are ok all of you

Depakote is a mood-stabilizer but, like anti-depressants, it takes a while to work. Still, it isn't the right drug for everyone.  I hope the nurse has called you back.  Since you felt better after not taking it last night, maybe depakote is making your depression worse.  I don't know of any pills that will make you feel good instantly except for maybe the illegal and dangerous ones.  I have been on every drug you listed and a few more besides.  They all made me feel worse worse eventually. You will feel better if you get off the xanax. One of the things xanax or any benzo does is numb your feelings.

You said you were still taking 1.5mg xanax/day, is that right?  When did you last make a reduction and how much was it? Maybe it's time to make another reduction?  I have a lot less depression and have done more laughing since I got off my benzo.

Its been about 4 days sincve i cut i guess i dint write it down  i dont know what to do im trying to hang in but i have a headache that feels like bugs crawling in my head adn no word fron the dr

hi its tuesady night my dr called me last night and had me skip the depakote er last night today i went christmas shopping with hubby and son felt abit bettr so im thinking its the depakote dr called me in what she said would be regular depakote a childs dose 125 mg and to try it tonight i was on reg depakote years ago and never felt so empty but when i went and got the prescription its depakote sprinkles which i guess is a childs dose becasue its acapsule and u open it and sprinkle it on the food but i can swallow the capsule so i guess i will try it tonight and PRAY i have emotions tommorwo  How are all of yoy

It sure seems like it was the depakote to blame, doesn't it?  Hope that children's dose doesn't affect you badly and you can continue to enjoy getting ready for Christmas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/fingers_crossed.gif

Hey hazy,

That is great that you and your husband and son went out and did some Christmas shopping! Let us know how the children's dose of depakote affected you; hopefully it won't leave you with that "empty" feeling. Thanks for the update....

Hey hazy,

Just wondering how things were going with you on the children's dose of depakote? I hope you are feeling better and the empty feelings are gone. We would love to hear an update from you....

Hey hazy,

Just wanted to see how you were feeling? How is the children's dose of depakote working for you? Has the emptiness feeling gotten any better? We would love to hear an update from you...

also i skipped the depakote night before last felt low yesterday but not as low as today i took it last night Alos would it be the change from the ativan to xanx that could becausing this? Im so afraid and cant rach dr but pahrmist saod i could stop the depakote without worrying about a seizure.I hope he is right ..i just got to thinkikng what if its the xanx and teh depakote both  so getting rid of one might help

dr called me last night told me not to take the depakote last night and to take a 1/2 dose tonight and then stop it,,im so scared of seizure she tols me yes u could have one but i dont think you will you were on low dose and not on it that long i cant think good today and chest feels funny eyes are blurry and left arm is tingling want to do something but full of fear dr told me to get some stuff called gaba and 5htp sold at health food stores any on eheard of this? I just keep thinking im gonna have  a seizure

ok dr had me skipp last nights dose of depakote and be off it and so im done with it,but im so down never felt such emptiness im scared dr wont give me antidepressant told me to go on 5htp and gabba i feel near death dont know what to do.....coud it be the switch from ativan to xanax im about ready to lose everything including my life i m shaking so bad i have never been this way before never this LOW any ideas

ok dr had me skipp last nights dose of depakote and be off it and so im done with it,but im so down never felt such emptiness im scared dr wont give me antidepressant told me to go on 5htp and gabba i feel near death dont know what to do.....coud it be the switch from ativan to xanax im about ready to lose everything including my life i m shaking so bad i have never been this way before never this LOW any ideas

Hi hazy,

What does your doctor say about your shaking? I am not familiar with 5htp or gabba, you may want to do some searches on it. Hope you feel better soon!

T2 :smitten:

Hi Hazy,

I'm really not familiar with the medications you're taking other than Xanax.

I am so sorry to learn that you are in such a state shaking. It may be an interaction from one against the other. I'm no expert and I wish I could offer you some logical explanation to ease your worries and raise your thoughts into positive ones. However, since it's clearly affecting you physically may I suggest that you either telephone your doctor or pharmacist and let them know what's happening and maybe some alternative can be found to alleviate the shaking and the low feeling you're experiencing.

You're in my thoughts and I hope you get the medical help to get through this.

Hey hazy,

I wonder if the shaking is from coming off the depakote; like a withdrawal from it? I would check on the internet about 5htp or gabba. Even natural things can have side effects. Also, if you are going to try something new that is natural or over the counter, I would recommend just try one new thing at a time, so you have a better idea how you will react to it. Hope you get to feeling better...