The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Hi loquita- you certainly *could* jump from that dose and be successful. It depends on how well supported you are to weather the storm. If you want to be more sure of a better outcome you could jump from the 0.01 to 0.03 range. You have done a great job getting to this point, enjoy how far you have come and the rest will be over before you know it.

I really really like what njoy said about not waiting. We are living our lives even now. We are stronger than we know!

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loquita,

Please, please keep posting. I'm at .085 and wondering how fast/slow to go. I know each of us is different, but you're one of the few people who seem to have a similar trajectory to mine. I started in February 2013 at 1mg. I've been tapering ever since because I felt sedated. I didn't know I was going through withdrawal after each taper, just knew I felt better than worse. I found out when I tried to stop at .125 and had very bad withdrawal symptoms that made the last few months make sense. I'm trying to go pretty slowly from here but I'm tired. Your post was very helpful. Please keep posting.

Thanks,

peace2

Greetings K Klubers!

adamadaman:  Concerning coffee, a member posted that to avoid headaches etc. from caffeine withdrawal he switched to black tea then green tea then herbal decaf to slowly reduce caffeine intake. I up and quit it due to too much anx. As far as alcohol goes, I had my last glass os wine on Christmas. I saw several posts from members who drank and were real sorry that they did. I figured I was already suffering almost more that I could stand and didn't want to add to my trouble if I could help it. I know Ashton says we should be able to handle coffee and liquor in moderation but I was so scared about what was happening, I was to afraid to try any supplements too. Good luck with your taper, looks like you're doing great.

havinghardtime: unfortunately I haven't found anything to help my GI issues. They come and go. Usually more troublesome in the morning but today it's been all day long. I sure look forward to this easing up too!

Njoy:  It was sweet to hear about your grandkids. My granddaughter is the joy in my life.

Laelani: I chose titrating over dry cutting because:

1. I am not good with math

2. My brain was so messed up I didn't feel comfortable, I was too anxious that I would make a mistake

3. Titrating (for some odd reason) reminded me of cooking, lol, I felt comfortable about that

4. I wanted to go real slow to avoid as many sx as possible so reducing daily gave me peace of mind. Also I could reduce by a half ml. instead of a whole ml. if I wanted to slow it down.

I did not order a cylinder or buy a mortar and pestle as suggested, I bought a short baby bottle that had ml. markings as well as ounces. I crushed my pill in a shallow bowl with a spoon. I dosed twice a day taking away 1 ml. on day from am dose then from pm dose the next day. As far as a schedule how did you want to do it? Did you want to taper one of your doses first or do you want to alternate tapering all the doses? You can do it either way, whatever you feel comfortable with. I didn't find titrating complicated. I was a bit nervous the first couple of times I mixed up the (poison), lol, after that I could get it done in 5 minutes, not a big deal. If you decide to titrate I could help you figure something out, others here can too. I will be out of town starting Wed. til Sun. night.

Wishing all of you success as you taper and heal. Wishing All Windows of Peace.

Blessings,

hopeful2013

Greetings K Klubers!

adamadaman:  Concerning coffee, a member posted that to avoid headaches etc. from caffeine withdrawal he switched to black tea then green tea then herbal decaf to slowly reduce caffeine intake. I up and quit it due to too much anx. As far as alcohol goes, I had my last glass os wine on Christmas. I saw several posts from members who drank and were real sorry that they did. I figured I was already suffering almost more that I could stand and didn't want to add to my trouble if I could help it. I know Ashton says we should be able to handle coffee and liquor in moderation but I was so scared about what was happening, I was to afraid to try any supplements too. Good luck with your taper, looks like you're doing great.

havinghardtime: unfortunately I haven't found anything to help my GI issues. They come and go. Usually more troublesome in the morning but today it's been all day long. I sure look forward to this easing up too!

Njoy:  It was sweet to hear about your grandkids. My granddaughter is the joy in my life.

Laelani: I chose titrating over dry cutting because:

1. I am not good with math

2. My brain was so messed up I didn't feel comfortable, I was too anxious that I would make a mistake

3. Titrating (for some odd reason) reminded me of cooking, lol, I felt comfortable about that

4. I wanted to go real slow to avoid as many sx as possible so reducing daily gave me peace of mind. Also I could reduce by a half ml. instead of a whole ml. if I wanted to slow it down.

I did not order a cylinder or buy a mortar and pestle as suggested, I bought a short baby bottle that had ml. markings as well as ounces. I crushed my pill in a shallow bowl with a spoon. I dosed twice a day taking away 1 ml. on day from am dose then from pm dose the next day. As far as a schedule how did you want to do it? Did you want to taper one of your doses first or do you want to alternate tapering all the doses? You can do it either way, whatever you feel comfortable with. I didn't find titrating complicated. I was a bit nervous the first couple of times I mixed up the (poison), lol, after that I could get it done in 5 minutes, not a big deal. If you decide to titrate I could help you figure something out, others here can too. I will be out of town starting Wed. til Sun. night.

Wishing all of you success as you taper and heal. Wishing All Windows of Peace.

Blessings,

hopeful2013

Hopeful,

Thank you so much.....I'd love your help on titrating & learning how to do it. I already have a cylinder & I can use a bowl & spoon, or order a mortar & pestal.....I'm not very good at math either!! I'm thinking I'd like to alternate my morning & night doses 1st all the way down to meet my afternoon dose of .25. Then I would be on 3 equal doses of .25. If you could help me with getting there that would be fantastic!

Did you find you were less symptomatic doing it this way? And can I hold doses in the fridge overnight?

I appreciate your help with this so very much.

Lots of hugs,

Laelani

Hello All,

Does anyone have a recommendation on switching to valium from a low dose of klonopin? I'm at .080 and wondering if it's worth switching over at this point.

Thanks,

peace2

Peace2- have you been having a hard time with the klonopin taper up to this point? If it has been manageable I suggest sticking to what you have been doing. It takes a while to equilibrate after switching over and you could already be done tapering in that time!

JKS

Hi Everyone,

Peace2: I agree with JKS, for me... I didn't want to cross to V because 1. I didn't want to extend my taper with a c/o. 2. I felt I could handle the K withdrawal sx. 3. truthfully I didn't want to get another drug involved, I was afraid. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Laelani:  OK PEEPS, I need some help here. It seems to me Laerlani could titrate her AM and PM doses by crushing each and mixing with 50 mls. reducing 1 ml. daily. But when she gets down to .25 for all 3 doses... I'm stumped as to how much liquid should be used. I dosed twice a day so figuring out how to do it for 3 times a day is confusing me.  There is probably a VERY easy answer to this. My brain can't figure it out right now. Someone please chime in  so we can get a good taper schedule for her. THANKS

Laelani try posting a schedule request on the Titration Taper Plans board too. I AM SO SORRY. I thought I could figure this out...it's the 3 doses a day that is throwing me!

Windows of peace to all,

hopeful2013

I'm w/ Hopeful, Laelani, check out the titration boards.  I couldn't do the math and that's why I stuck w/ dry cutting.  I cut 3  -  .018 doses for each day for another 7 days or so. Then, I'll cut 10% of that total daily dose.  I didn't do a c/o either.  On days when sx are bad I think maybe I should have but I'm getting down there and when its over... I'll just have the N to finish up and then work on cutting the Melatonin back w/o having to bring anything else into the mix.  I've been pretty lucky w/ the approach I've taken but cutting the doses is getting tedious.... they are quite small but I still can't figure out titrating.  I pick a good day and sit w/ my scale, meds, knife and file.  I make up 7-10 days of doses in case I get too whippy to do it and wait till I have another good day to cut some more.  It gives me something to do and keeps my mind engaged.  ;)  Hopeful... if I have 3 daily doses of .018... that's a total daily dose of .054. When the total daily dose is .002... that's a popular and seemingly (from what I've read) good place to jump.  The hard part is when you switch from a 1mg pill to a .5... and you have to figure it from the new pill weight.  I ended up back tracking when I first switched... I figured it wrong... I'm back on track now.  Or.... some people take a larger dose at bedtime. I'd first figure half of your total daily dose and then cut the other half into 2 = doses.  Hope this helps... math was never good for me... but I did teach it well...go figure :o  Njoy

Hi KK'ers

NJoy, you're getting closer and closer to being benzo free.  :)

I'm only on my 4th cut from 1mg clonazepam.

Cutting by .0625 each time.

Holding for 2 full weeks before making another cut.

So far, that's working well.

Would it be wise for me to wait a shorter period of time (say, 10 days, rather than 14 days) when making another cut?  Or is that asking for trouble.

I do plan to cut by smaller amounts when I reach .5 mg.

Thanks for any input.

:smitten:

Peace2,,,

I went on valium to help w k-pin w/d. I have been off k for almost 6 weeks. The valium really helped at first but I cut it too quickly. I was put on 2mg 3x a day. I am now on 1 mg 2x a day and cannot stop the w/d. I feel like hell. I went on magnesium to slow it down but it has not helped. Up all night last night, went to work, came home and am really sick. Anyone else have any other advice? I was put on v by my Dr. Am going back on 8/1.

DG:  I have cut in 10 days when things have gone well... I always know when its time to slow down... just be careful...  I was glad to see you are going to make smaller cuts when you get below .5.  I think that's wise.  Whether you titrate or dry cut, its going to get tedious... there is just no such thing as a small and inconsequential amount of this stuff.  I feel every cut.  Its not as dramatic physically, anymore, but I have to adjust to those very minor changes.. usually about 4-6 days out. What you need to realize if you keep making = cuts... when you get to .125... your next cut will be a 50% cut.  That's alot.  Just be careful... if your sx aren't that bad... there's nothing wrong w/ maintaining a steady pace... I just think that could become problematic...so watch for the escalation of sx as you get to those lower doses... :-\  Njoy

Hi friends,

I have decided to take a break from BB for the month of August. I want to spend less time thinking about my taper and everything that goes with it. I dont know if I will succeed with this planned vacation but I didnt want anyone to worry while I am gone.

Hopeful2013 you sound fantastic, thanks for being so inspiring.

Take care everyone.

JKS

Hey JKS, Njoy, Hopeful et al,

Like JKS, I wanted to let you know I've been taking a hiatus and finding that I don't have much to say anymore, and that life is back to normal completely, no sxs.

I will say, though, that I'm going back to teaching this September and am very nervous, because I've never taught off the Klonopin, except for maybe my first year or so. That combined with not reading Hebrew for 2 years is freaking me out, as I'm a Hebrew teacher and people just take for granted that I know it - they've known me for many years. I woke up reciting the names of the prayers in the service, getting stuck on one, panicking... :P I've also never taught with clarity of mind. So...blah.

More Klonopin Karnage, I guess. I also found my diary from 2007 where I wasn't paying bills, living in filth - after 15 years of Klonopin use. I had to put it down - overwhelmingly depressing.

Also, tired. Very very tired. Anyone ever try ginseng?

jaxy

My psychiatrist once told me "Klonopin is the Devil". Boy, is he right...I am on day 7 of a taper from .75 mg down to .625 mg. Stomach seems to have a perpetual knot, and the sluggish feeling remains. I am going to hold at this dose for at least a month before making another cut down to .5. After that, my plan is to make all further cuts via water titration. Good luck to all. We CAN do this!  :)

Jax, There  used to be a free Hebrew class on line.  I studied the alphabet using it,  had to do some work from original  texts for my MA... the online class got me through.  GD LK. Glad to here things are going well for you.  Got my car back... hitch is all ready to go  waiting for this batch of thunder storms to passed; then I'm headed for the water..  :yippee:  ICNNNsight:  K is the devil! >:D   

WHOA!  All these pages!!  We went away for about a week . . . and have been back for several days--days filled with trying to deal with the detritus that always accumulates during an absence, including in our case a BASEMENT THAT STILL FLOODS AFTER WE HAD THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS' WORTH OF WORK DONE TO FIX IT!  We're going to sue the waterproofing company--no kidding.  Bunch of crooks.

But that's neither here nor there.  I have to be VERY selective in my responses tonight--am on my way to bed, but wanted to check in and see how folks are doing, extend a general welcome to any newcomers and shout-outs to the veterans.  Hopeful, I liked what you said about the kindness to be found in such abundance at this thread--it's what I've always loved so much here. 

NJoy, so glad you got out on the water!!  You go, girl!!    :thumbsup:

Jax, I did try ginseng at one point.  It messed me up, but then alcohol tends to mess me up, too, while apparently you can handle it.  So I guess, like everything else, ginseng's effects will vary from one person or another.  Presumably wouldn't hurt to give it a try?  I'm sorry you're so tired--all this rain and damp and heat in the mid-Atlantic doesn't help, does it?  I hope you sleep well tonight.

Hope everyone does!  Good night -

Peace,

Rek

Hey just checking in with all my friends here and to welcome all the new comers too! I'm not new but not yet old either lol but anyway Just wanted to tell everyone hey and I'm here if you just want to talk  Seems like I'm here more than anywhere lately but that's all good to because there are lots and lots of kind understanding folks here. All you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers....

Much Love

Imsaved

Hi Jaxnj,

my boyfriend drinks tension tamer tea now and then and I've done it a bit--it's relaxing.

I've found ginseng lowers my blood sugar--that's just me as I'm prone to hypoglycemia.

Ashwagandha has been helpful.

As for teaching, you are so dedicated, bright and mature--you will do fine.

It's ok to be nervous about it. I know how much you care about your students.

Hope everybody is having a decent Friday!!!

Sending windows of hope, love and healing,

Iggy

[b4...]

hi guys,

yesterday was (or is supposed to be) my last K. 0.06mg (or something around it, considering how hard it is to get even pieces when you're dry cutting). Anybody who has jumped at this dose? What was your experience like? Thank you

Hey Klubbers -

It's good to see a number of people getting away from this site - I believe that's a good sign of improvement.  I don't think about logging in when I'm feeling pretty good.

So, something's happened that's been eating at me.  At least, it was last night.  I have a friend who struggles with anxiety.  She thought Xanax was a "miracle drug" and said she'd been on and off benzos for 20 years with no withdrawals.  Fortunately, her doctor wouldn't prescribe her benzos, but recently she found one that would.  I told her last fall to stay away from benzos - that each time she starts and stops the risk is higher of a very difficult w/d.  I told her that withdrawal can last months or even years.  In my case, it took just about exactly one year.  She texted me last night saying she can't function and asked how long the withdrawal lasts.  I told her "hopefully a couple weeks."  I can't undo what I went through or gain back the time I lost being sick.  My only saving grace is that people can learn from my experience.  She did not listen to me at all.  She willfully found a doctor to prescribe her Ativan and I feel it's a slap in the face, like my experience means nothing.  I'm also very tired of having withdrawal in my life.  I'm tired of giving her unheeded advice and then having to hear about the fallout.  Am I alone here?  Would this bother any of you?

Rek - OH, NO!!!!  I HATE dealing with contractors and that's why!  I hope you have a good lawyer and get your case resolved quickly. 

Jax - it's awesome to see that you're no longer dealing with sxs.  Congrats!  :smitten:

loquita - I jumped from a higher dose than what you're at and I was fine.  If you think you can handle it, you probably can.  It won't hurt to do one more cut if you're nervous, though.

:thumbsup:

I recently increased my dose of progesterone from 30mg to 150mg.  I did it somewhat in stages, but didn't give myself much time between increases - I knew I was deficient for a long time and wanted to be aggressive with it.  So I have some sxs that relate to severe changes in hormone levels - progesterone is a mother hormone, meaning it converts into other hormones, most importantly the estrogens, testosterone and cortisol.  Changing all those at once is havoc.  My mood, appetite and sleep patterns are all over the place.  I have NO energy or motivation, but I expect things to begin to level out tomorrow.  That all being said, I very much believe I am done with withdrawal.  ;D  I don't want to officially declare it until I have a couple weeks of really feeling good, particularly since it still feels like my brain is wrapped in gauze, but I think this benzo journey is over!

Peace and love to everyone!

~D

Hello,  can you please help?

I have been having adverse reactions to Ativan.

I saw a new doctor, who wants me to directly cross over to Klonopin.

I am frightened with this plan, because there is no slow taper over to Klonopin, but an abrupt cross over.

Also, my CNS is hypersensetive, and I worry that my system may reject the Klonopin.

He suggested I dose twice a day, every 12 hours.

Please help me with this ..If you have experience with jumping over without careful, gradual taper.

Is this done?  And if so, is the outcome successful, without withdrawals ..? Is it safer to just taper off the devil I know?

Thank you,  I appreciate any thoughts, or help .. Anu

Hello,  can you please help?

I have been having adverse reactions to Ativan.

I saw a new doctor, who wants me to directly cross over to Klonopin.

I am frightened with this plan, because there is no slow taper over to Klonopin, but an abrupt cross over.

Also, my CNS is hypersensetive, and I worry that my system may reject the Klonopin.

He suggested I dose twice a day, every 12 hours.

Please help me with this ..If you have experience with jumping over without careful, gradual taper.

Is this done?  And if so, is the outcome successful, without withdrawals ..? Is it safer to just taper off the devil I know?

Thank you,  I appreciate any thoughts, or help .. Anu

[/

Hi Anoushka,

I do have experience with this. I attempted an overzealous ativan taper in May that resulted in extreme acute withdrawal, & I had to quit my taper &  updose my ativan. However that never really worked for me. The ativan seemed to stop working, which was horrible....at that time i found a new doctor who then did a straight crossover of klonopin. All at one time. He started me on a dose of 2 mg, along with remeron. At that time i was very sick & in bad shape. We had to play with the dose to get it right. I'm not going to say it was easy to switchover all at once, especially because he put me on remeron at the same time. I'm not sure how long you have been on ativan, but i was on it for about 6 years, intermittently at first, but then later started taking 1 mg daily for sleep. So for me it was difficult getting used to klonopin, it works much differently than ativan. I'm not sure if I had withdrawal symptoms.......or if they were leftover symptoms from my failed taper, but I did have symptoms, & it took me a good month or so to stabilize on a 1.25 dose that break up 3 times per day. I'm finally stable enough to start my new taper this coming Monday. Hopefully this one will be successful, and much more tolerable than my unsuccessful ativan taper. If you decide to taper & get off ativan, valium is also an option to taper with. There are people here who have successfully tapered off ativan as well.

If you have any more questions please let me know, I'd be happy to help as much as I possibly can.

Hugs,

Laelani

Thank you so very much for responding Laelani, I am grateful for your care.

Also, I am so very saddened that you endured all that distress :(

But it looks like you are on your way to wellness ..:) How wonderful is that.!!

Laelani, I have been suffering with Ativan withdrawals since May ..I am not tapering, because I tried to get used to liquid Ativan, so that I could start tapering from that . Unfortunately my system rejected the Compounded liquid, and I had to go back to tablets.

Now, I am  trying to stabilize on the tablets to start tapering. I think not to do a direct jump to Klonopin ..It frightens me ..Maybe I will taper slowly from the Ativan by dry cutting, and cross to Valium should I find problems.

What do you think? I am delighted that you have found a benzo wise doctor to guide you ..I wish there was one by me ..Laelani, can I ask you what taper method are you going to do? Micro tapers are supposed to be the best, but I have not been able to find one I understand ..

Thank you again for your care ..:) Wishing you healing, and well being. Love, Anu

Hey,

When I have told that I have had bad waves or withdrawal symptoms.. I didn't except it this bad this time and this late. I now have been having 3 days of pure hell.

It's almost a month too since I tapered 0.125mg K away from 1.125mg. And I had that typical bad wave at 2½ weeks. I started to go to Acupuncture few weeks ago. Didn't feel anything first 2 times.. But 3 days ago I had acupuncture and next day My whole body ached, I had lots of neurological symptoms which I typically have from K. BUT... something was even worse.. I have been crying suddenly all the time and I have very horrible hand pains and 10 different pain feeling in fingers and hands and very depressed, old fears coming back, headaches, nausea, weakness and tiredness. And today as it wasn't bad enough.. I have full blown diarrhea.. I mean COMON  :tickedoff: .......

So I can guess at this point it's pretty much acupuncture what made this now.. Never had this kinda wave at this point of month/taper. I can guess the acupuncture messed something up or i mean "opened" rather. I'm just thinking that how long this is gonna last.. I went to look for help and that messed up my CNS even more.... :'(

Anyone have any insight about my problem ? I would very much appreciate it.

HPC

[5f...]