Important Survey - Please Participate ×

WHAT TO EXPECT

[5d...]

[5d...]
Even though I was emotionally unstable to the fullest, i went to my therapist and out to eat, and to swim even though i was uneasy the entire time. I actually slept without a dose of rispodol today for 2.5 hours :) I hope this a reaction to healing and not the pill i took last night...its good to believe so at least ;D

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[b9...]

I feel normal again...no more pain and suffering

WONDERFUL!

No matter what you do, CT or taper, this won't be easy.  Wishing you well.

M

[5d...]

Oh no martha that was for about 10 mins lol. if u read more youll see what happened to me play by play ;)

Im not on V Im not gonna take that dose again and havent since last night...

[b9...]

Even though I was emotionally unstable to the fullest, i went to my therapist and out to eat, and to swim even though i was uneasy the entire time. I actually slept without a dose of rispodol today for 2.5 hours :) I hope this a reaction to healing and not the pill i took last night...its good to believe so at least ;D

Right on, Jane.  This is not going to be easy but you can do it.  Keep your chin up and fake it until you make it.

Best,

M

[b9...]

Oh no martha that was for about 10 mins lol. if u read more youll see what happened to me play by play ;)

Im not on V Im not gonna take that dose again and havent since last night...

Right, I posted too soon.  Hence the second post, "this won't be easy."  Keep your eyes on the prize JanieGirl, you know what is best for you.

Peace and love,

M

[b9...]

It feels like you are drowning in a sea of epinephrine...but it does pass.  Much, much, much too slow but it does pass.

Peace,

M

Jane, are you saying that you are not reinstating?

I can say that this has been the most difficult thing that I have ever done. You are so "new" at this wd thing. Prepare yourself for hell, but expect the best. What else can we say. I was very desperate too, as are many people. For most of us this is a long journey. The length of yours cannot be predicted. Just try to be ready for a long miserable ride.

I am saying that you will go through hell but it is worth it, you just need to stay on the path. Dont worry if you have times of weakness, we all do. We are here to help.

good healing, fair winds

Good for you, Jane.  You even went swimming?  I went to lunch today, too...taco salad.

The uneasiness is pretty typical.  It will start to subside as time goes by.  It's your fragile central nervous system being overstimulated and as you heal the jitteriness will go away.

Keep believing, Jane.  :smitten:

Challis

Jane,

Here's what Dr. Ashton says about this:

Ashton says this:BENZODIAZEPINE USE DURING AND AFTER WITHDRAWAL

What happens if someone who is in the course of benzodiazepine withdrawal or has successfully withdrawn needs a surgical operation? Benzodiazepines are of value as premedication before major operations and for sedation and amnesia during minor surgical procedures. Yet many ex-users are terrified that if they are given a benzodiazepine for these purposes they will become dependent all over again. They can be reassured: a single dose of a benzodiazepine given for an operation does not bring back the addiction, although the stress of an operation may re-awaken the anxiety symptoms experienced during benzodiazepine withdrawal. Symptoms reported under these circumstances have usually been the result of fear. Many personally observed patients have had repeated doses of midazolam (Versed, Hypnovel), a short-acting benzodiazepine, for dental procedures (dental phobia is common in withdrawal), and other benzodiazepines including diazepam for major and minor surgery and have recovered without complications.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#24

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Challis

With this Info which is very much appreciated, does this pretty much mean I dont have to start all over again? It was one single dose of 10 mgs and it really didnt do anything but make me panic more. This is some VERY useful information, I really appreciate it, I just hope w/d doesnt come knocking in 8 or 9 days again...wouldnt be nice to get slammed again. Anyone experience what i did and was ok from it?

I think it means you can just forget about that single dose like it never happened.  That's how I read it.

Challis

[5d...]

Jane, are you saying that you are not reinstating?

I can say that this has been the most difficult thing that I have ever done. You are so "new" at this wd thing. Prepare yourself for hell, but expect the best. What else can we say. I was very desperate too, as are many people. For most of us this is a long journey. The length of yours cannot be predicted. Just try to be ready for a long miserable ride.

I am saying that you will go through hell but it is worth it, you just need to stay on the path. Dont worry if you have times of weakness, we all do. We are here to help.

good healing, fair winds

No I will tough it out...if God died on the cross and had to endure that pain, this is miniscule.

Jane, we will be here for you. Just remember that you will heal. we all heal, and you have the testimonials to help you keep the faith.

I dont do religion, but I do believe in faith. Have faith in yourself, that you can do this. You dont have to do it by yourself, we are here.

I could not post for several months, but I still was reading, that helped me a lot.

gh, fw

[5d...]

:)

I already see improvement today as far as physical sxs go. Its more of a mental battle now. :)

the dose you took may be having an effect?

I experienced ups and downs during wd. I expect that you will too. One day will be a bit better, then the next might be worse. I judge by months.

hope  you keep improving

[7d...]

i know so

it does

read the success stories jane

dont compare your case with others

hang in there

great big hugs

[5d...]

thank you for those kind words.

i just hope i wasnt in too deep to turn around.

i wish i could eat and sleep...