Important Survey - Please Participate ×

WHAT TO EXPECT

[88...]

[88...]
maybe a shorter acting benzo would be effective i think im going to er ive taken too many different things

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[ff...]

Jane I agree you need medical support and we cant give that here it would be unethical of us to try to.  Sorry but you need a doctor if you are taking other things. 

sorry

Lizzyxx

Jane,

You didn't let us down.  I had to reinstate a couple of times myself (because of going to two different short-term detox centers that brought me off of Klonopin too quickly).  You know your body better than anyone else and you did what you had to do.  Benzo withdrawal is not for the faint of heart.

At any rate, I hope you stabilize soon and feel better.

Sincerely,

fg

[88...]
I dont want to reinstate anymore although I already did...my doctor said it wont cause any complications..?

[88...]

just cause i messed up tonight does it mean i have to start over again?

the er doctor told me no it doesnt matter and ill be fine....

By the way, who was in charge of your taper, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

fg

[88...]
like the other er doc said, stay off the benzos...and that it wouldnt ruin anything...my mind is a virgin to benzos at this point?

Jane,

Here's what Dr. Ashton says about this:

Ashton says this:BENZODIAZEPINE USE DURING AND AFTER WITHDRAWAL

What happens if someone who is in the course of benzodiazepine withdrawal or has successfully withdrawn needs a surgical operation? Benzodiazepines are of value as premedication before major operations and for sedation and amnesia during minor surgical procedures. Yet many ex-users are terrified that if they are given a benzodiazepine for these purposes they will become dependent all over again. They can be reassured: a single dose of a benzodiazepine given for an operation does not bring back the addiction, although the stress of an operation may re-awaken the anxiety symptoms experienced during benzodiazepine withdrawal. Symptoms reported under these circumstances have usually been the result of fear. Many personally observed patients have had repeated doses of midazolam (Versed, Hypnovel), a short-acting benzodiazepine, for dental procedures (dental phobia is common in withdrawal), and other benzodiazepines including diazepam for major and minor surgery and have recovered without complications.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#24

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Challis

Jane,

I need to remind you of the Forum User's Manual's policy on anti-doctor comments:

Forum Rules:

You must be 18 years of age or older to participate within the BenzoBuddies community.

You may create only one account with BenzoBuddies. You may not share your account or login details with anyone else. If for any reason you need to create a second account (for example, you cannot retrieve the password to your original account), you must inform a forum Administrator immediately upon creating your new account.

Although we are not "an anti-benzo website", we are dedicated to help those that wish to quit benzodiazepines. We therefore require that you do not promote the use of benzodiazepines within our community, as this would be contrary to our Mission Statement.

You must not knowingly post false statements, nor obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful or threatening comments/material. No profanity - disguised or otherwise - is allowed. Additionally, your contributions must not violate the laws of the United Kingdom, the United States of America, or the laws of your own country.

Although we deeply sympathize with those experiencing suicidal feelings or ideation, to protect the sensitivities of the greater majority of our members - and most importantly, for your safety - discussions and commentary regarding suicide, suicide ideation, self-harm, or threats of self-harm, are not allowed at this forum. If you experience such feelings or thoughts, you must contact your doctor or other suitable healthcare practitioner. You will find more information on our Suicide, Self-Harm & Threatening Behaviour webpage.

Whilst some of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, or the wider medical profession, and although we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down and mistreated in their personal medical care, you are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor or anti-psychiatry propaganda. Nor should you, unless you are posting a recommendation, name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our Anti-doctor and Anti-psychiatry Sentiments Advisory notice.

Here is Colin's follow-up to the policy:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13141.0

Ultimately we are the ones who decide whether we are going to take recommended prescriptions or not.

Thanks, Jane.

Challis

Jane,

It's your choice.  I just want to make sure you know what could happen. 

But I love that you're ready to try again, girl!

Challis  :thumbsup:

[88...]

Thank you Challis...I am still very much into W/D but am better today than I have been...may be a window opening up or it may be that tiny dose of valium i took...either way, i am gonna go be active and not lay in bed all day obsessing over the what coulds and what mays....

Alot of my issues are resurfacing I am noticing. Alot of paniking and depression issues are resurfacing as well as obsessive thoughts and hypochodria..and agoraphobia lol. every thing u can name it feels like i have at this moment...i am gonna try and stay active out of my room and go outdoors take baby steps into getting normal again.

I really hope i didnt mess up last night. :(

[88...]

By the way, who was in charge of your taper, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

fg

Me :) im gonna hang in there and fight this.

[88...]

Jane, I hope you have a plan. You also really need some support. The wd is hell, as you have found out. You need to have a plan, other wise you will just keep going  thru  this.

So sorry that you believe that you have to reinstate.

I took my 10 mg dose last night and am not taking it again :)

No relief from Valium yet? Anyone know why this may be happening?

I believe it can take several days for the valium to take effect after reinstatement, although I noticed within about 48 to 72 hours, my vertigo disappeared.  C/t off 30mg valium sounds like it could be quite intense.  I had a strong reaction 3 weeks after c/t off 6mg.  I reinstated about three weeks later. 

Vertigo

[88...]

No relief from Valium yet? Anyone know why this may be happening?

I believe it can take several days for the valium to take effect after reinstatement, although I noticed within about 48 to 72 hours, my vertigo disappeared.  C/t off 30mg valium sounds like it could be quite intense.  I had a strong reaction 3 weeks after c/t off 6mg.  I reinstated about three weeks later. 

Vertigo

Very intense it is, one huge rollercoaster....The doctors keep assuring me that ill be fine though and im out of any danger zone. Im very weepy though and emotionally unstable.  :(

[88...]

All right, Jane...way to go! You're the one in control.

Are you doing well today?

Im doing better physically yes, now its turned into more of an emotional state...is that the norm?

All right, Jane...way to go! You're the one in control.

Are you doing well today?

Im doing better physically yes, now its turned into more of an emotional state...is that the norm?

I don't know if there is a norm in this, Jane.  I went through both, I've read here that almost everyone does go through physical and emotional phases in this.

Pulling for you, girl.  Hope you're out and about enjoying the day. 

Will you come find me later and tell me how you're doing?

Challis  :highfive:

[88...]

Jane,

Here's what Dr. Ashton says about this:

Ashton says this:BENZODIAZEPINE USE DURING AND AFTER WITHDRAWAL

What happens if someone who is in the course of benzodiazepine withdrawal or has successfully withdrawn needs a surgical operation? Benzodiazepines are of value as premedication before major operations and for sedation and amnesia during minor surgical procedures. Yet many ex-users are terrified that if they are given a benzodiazepine for these purposes they will become dependent all over again. They can be reassured: a single dose of a benzodiazepine given for an operation does not bring back the addiction, although the stress of an operation may re-awaken the anxiety symptoms experienced during benzodiazepine withdrawal. Symptoms reported under these circumstances have usually been the result of fear. Many personally observed patients have had repeated doses of midazolam (Versed, Hypnovel), a short-acting benzodiazepine, for dental procedures (dental phobia is common in withdrawal), and other benzodiazepines including diazepam for major and minor surgery and have recovered without complications.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#24

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Challis

With this Info which is very much appreciated, does this pretty much mean I dont have to start all over again? It was one single dose of 10 mgs and it really didnt do anything but make me panic more. This is some VERY useful information, I really appreciate it, I just hope w/d doesnt come knocking in 8 or 9 days again...wouldnt be nice to get slammed again. Anyone experience what i did and was ok from it?