Important Survey - Please Participate ×

WHAT TO EXPECT

[a7...]

[7a...]

You must not buy into other peoples experiences its great for support but it really doesnt mean its going to happen to you at all.  Im going to bake some chicken recipe I just got of one of the girls.  Great people on here as you know but I seriously need to get of this thing for a while my day is going by to fast.

Im going to go take a walk I think.

keep going forward Jane its the only way

Lizzy

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[7a...]

Jane you are to far out by recommendations to reinstate remember what happened last time you tried this it was dreadful right.  It will get better jane survive minute to minute my friend all will be ok in the end.

Whats happening with you atm.

Lizzy

[7a...]

Jane you just are not going to die it feels like it but its not going to happen ok have you got anyone there with you.  I hope so its scary hey being like this and unfortunately noone can make you feel better only time its horrible im hearing you.

Wish i could do something but i can only reassure you.

Lizzyxx

[7a...]

jane i came of 4mg of xanax 2mg was a straight c/t this equals 40 of valium and then a few weeks later dropped the other 2mg of xanax replaced it with 45mg of valium and came of that in 18 days im not dead honey.  You will survive it feels like death but your on the way to recovery.  time my friend time.

Lizzyxx

[7a...]

8 months at high doses and yes I thought i was going freaking crazy and still have massive fears of not being able to cope but we just do.  ok

be back on later have to got out for a while

take care

Lizzyxx

[b8...]

hey jane

people who go crazy dont know theyre going crazy

we fear going crazy,thatsfrom the anxiety

i  get it too but its anxiety and thoughts thats rush through my mind

once your gaba receptors heal all this horrid stuff goes away

hang in there my friend

big hugs

[b8...]

i dont think the valium you took affects your progress,it was a small dose

i often feel like i am going insane but if i/we were going insane we wouldnt know about it.its anxiety causing this feeling along with gaba receptors unasble to do their job properly

as they heal we will heal and all these SYMPTOMS will fade like autumn leaves jane

it will be ok

trust me  ;)

[be...]

Anyone?!!

Am i still in reinstatement window after 19 days?

I don't know, Jane.  I assume it's a possibility, albeit a small one. Pablo's right in that people who really are going crazy have no clue they're loosing their grasp on reality.  You're experiencing extreme anxiety.  You're swimming in epinephrine and it's painful.  EVERY SINGLE DAY IS GOING TO BE HARD.  This is a minute by minute struggle.  Keep remembering that you are working for the end goal and you will make it through. 

Chin up and eyes forward soldier.

M

Here's a thread you may want to read:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=55132.0

Anyone?!!

Am i still in reinstatement window after 19 days?

Jane, I'm sorry you're having a bad day.  Remember that you've had some good ones already, even at 18 (19 now?) days off.

The reinstatement window is reportedly up to two weeks.  If you reinstate now, it may not work. 

16 days to go until the program starts, hon.  Can you do it?

Hugs....Challis

Hi Jane,

Challis is right. After two weeks off, reinstating may not be a good idea and it doesn't usually help. These are very early days. You need to let your system settle down.

I was on 2 mgs of clonazapam (maybe more) for 5 years. When I first started my taper my first cut was 50%. After that, my cuts were 12% - 20%. Much too high. I felt pretty terrible. It took several months to stabilize. But I did. I've since resumed my taper at a slower rate.

You're not going to die. We've had members who were on twice the dosage you were on and none of them have died. This feeling you're having is all part of the withdrawal. I've seen in hundreds of times. The truth is, your withdrawal so far is exactly what I would expect it to be.

You're doing great Jane. The great healer is time. In the mean time, try to distract yourself in anyway you can. Focusing on your symptoms is a sure fire way of making them more intense. If you can try to do something else to take your mind off them, they will decrease.

Also try to accept that this is all part of withdrawal. Yes it feels frightening but that's only a feeling. It can't hurt you. None of what you're feeling can hurt you. This is your CNS protesting as loudly as it can but that's all. The more you fight this, the harder it seems.

[a7...]

u guys i think i came off more than what i put...i think it was 40 mgs.

im 19 days off and today i feel worse...everything is driving me nuts and im driving the people around me nuts...i dont know what to do with myself...

i just feel like giving up but at the same time how can I? Im too far in to turn back...i just read too much stuff online and heard so many horror stories about friends going crazy i just feel like I AM going to as well..I may not die but maybe i have permanent brain damage?

Im too tired to worry today..and i feel very physically sick.

Jane

[a7...]
but i am very worried also i may be cross addicted to the phenobarb....i cant handle the cuts off that as well.

[b8...]

nobody dies no one goes crazy

its not easy but i believe you can do this

distract yourself somehow

walk,cycle,watch tv play card games on the computer

i believe you can do this

big hugs

im 19 days off and today i feel worse...everything is driving me nuts and im driving the people around me nuts...i dont know what to do with myself...

i just feel like giving up but at the same time how can I? Im too far in to turn back...i just read too much stuff online and heard so many horror stories about friends going crazy i just feel like I AM going to as well..I may not die but maybe i have permanent brain damage?

Jane

Okay, the good news is 19 days off!  You're not going to go crazy, it just feels like it.  You also aren't going to have permanent brain damage or die. 

Maybe it's a good thing you're too tired to worry, right?

Hang in, Jane.  It's going to get better.

And you're 16 days to a new life...

Challis http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/pigletmph/zadiffgrouphug.gif

Jane,

I also don't think you're addicted to Phenobarb.  I have been on it before and had no problems coming off.  Just relax and realize that what you're feeling is normal.  It is withdrawal.

Sincerely,

fg

[a7...]

Jane

Okay, the good news is 19 days off!  You're not going to go crazy, it just feels like it.  You also aren't going to have permanent brain damage or die. 

Maybe it's a good thing you're too tired to worry, right?

Hang in, Jane.  It's going to get better.

And you're 16 days to a new life...

Challis http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/pigletmph/zadiffgrouphug.gif

Hopefully I just worry im too sick to go..they know nothing of what is going on :(

[a7...]

Jane,

I also don't think you're addicted to Phenobarb.  I have been on it before and had no problems coming off.  Just relax and realize that what you're feeling is normal.  It is withdrawal.

Sincerely,

fg

FG i am having so much trouble tapering it though :( can you c/t that too if its less than a month and be ok?

Why would they object if you're not taking anything anymore? 

Seems like they'd be supporting you through this.

Challis

[a7...]

Why would they object if you're not taking anything anymore? 

Seems like they'd be supporting you through this.

Challis

well they havent yet, and hopefully they wont...they want to push you to jump into society very quickly and i am worried my panic is too high right now...ive only been able to leave the house a few times only once on my own. im scared about  homelessness ive never been in that position. :(

Don't they provide living quarters for you?

And support you through panicky situations?

Sorry for all the questions...