The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone

I'm now two years benzo free and I was doing fine until three months ago. I drank alcohol and the next morning I woke up with anxiety and the following days/weeks I got more symptoms back. Then things got better, but during my period I became more anxious and nervous. I got my first Pfizer shot and things flared up again.

Yesterday I got a kyleena (some sort Mirena but with less hormones). Last night I woke up and got some sort of panic attack and a lot of sweating. Does this have something to do with the kyleena?

I don't know anymore... Three months ago I felt so good and now I feel like I'm two years back in time and its getting worse, so it seems. I'm so scared that I will never be myself again...

Sorry for my English  ;)

I promise promise promise you will be yourself again. You are gonna heal. It’s gonna be ok, I promise. 

my mistake was doing my shot just before my period - like days before. I get pain with my period so my body was already inflamed form  my immune response.

Next shot will be after it has passed. So this period has been worse for me prob due to that. I know by tomorrow I should start picking up a bit again - at least that is my pattern!

You're in lockdown?! I know I'm not supposed to ask where you're at but I'm super curious now.  So sorry!!  :(

Hey lovely!

I’m gonna PM you.  Xx

Hi everyone

I'm now two years benzo free and I was doing fine until three months ago. I drank alcohol and the next morning I woke up with anxiety and the following days/weeks I got more symptoms back. Then things got better, but during my period I became more anxious and nervous. I got my first Pfizer shot and things flared up again.

Yesterday I got a kyleena (some sort Mirena but with less hormones). Last night I woke up and got some sort of panic attack and a lot of sweating. Does this have something to do with the kyleena?

I don't know anymore... Three months ago I felt so good and now I feel like I'm two years back in time and its getting worse, so it seems. I'm so scared that I will never be myself again...

Sorry for my English  ;)

I promise promise promise you will be yourself again. You are gonna heal. It’s gonna be ok, I promise.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words  :)

I feel so desperate sometimes...sorry

Hi everyone

Sorry for my English  ;)

Thank you so much for your encouraging words  :)

I feel so desperate sometimes...sorry

Please don’t be sorry. Every single one of us on this forum has been where you are.  We all get it, you will heal. Keep on going - one foot in front of the other. Deep breathes. Eat a good clean, whole food diet. Drink plenty of water.  Be kind to yourself.  You are Gonna be ok, just keep breathing. That’s all you gotta do. One breath, then the next. Then the next.

Jim and Dianedeedee, I lost my mom almost 3 years ago. Sorry for your loss.  :(

nova 1 I don't know what you decided to do. But I thought I'd give you an update. Even the tiny .25 cut in V has been rough. But I'm stuck now so I'm doing my best to ride the wave. Not updosing back to 1 mg, staying on the .75 am dose. I'm now on week 2, and staying where I am through week 3, and beyond, until whenever. I'm just taking it a week at a time. 

Jim and Dianedeedee, I lost my mom almost 3 years ago. Sorry for your loss.  :(

nova 1 I don't know what you decided to do. But I thought I'd give you an update. Even the tiny .25 cut in V has been rough. But I'm stuck now so I'm doing my best to ride the wave. Not updosing back to 1 mg, staying on the .75 am dose. I'm now on week 2, and staying where I am through week 3, and beyond, until whenever. I'm just taking it a week at a time.

Thank you Lottie I know it wasn't easy for you. ❤

Nova,

I was one of those who reduced by crumbs or tiny micro fraction of my current dose.  The lower I got the harder it became.  I usually had to hold for many months before I got much relief.

I'm really sorry you are suffering so much.  Ginger

Thanks GM  :hug: 

Nova  :smitten:

Hi all, I haven't been here in a while.

I was in a bad place the last time I posted.

I am back to normal now.

I have been reducing using Nad injection and IV drip at a clinic. I am down to 1mg of valium. All my symptoms are gone. I am back to work full time. I can sleep from 6 to 9 hours. I can work out, eat Chinese food and drink caffeine. Nad is a miraculous drug. It is my 3rd taper and this time.  It is like reducing a non potent meds. I went from 9 to 1mg in 8 months. Before NAD , I couldn't reduce at all. I wasn't even stable. My periods would send me in a suicidal state.

I spoke with the best detox doctor using NAD in the US and to someone who was able to get off klonopin using nad injection.

Now I use injections and IV drip at a clinic for each large cut.

However I probably spent 12,000 dollars in total for the therapy but it is all worth it.

I hope I am giving hope to anyone out there suffering.

No.more burning, buzzing,  pacing, cortisol surge.

I can drive on the freeway and watch horror movie...

It is true, when you feel good.you don't want to come back here.

Thank you for all you have helped me

I am not off yet. But I I taking my time...

Hi Jasmine,

That's wonderful news! A very big CONGRATULATIONS! 👍👍👍💢💥👏

I hope you're going to be completely off the stuff really soon.

Stay strong! ❣

Trochsetter

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

U kill me Shayna... :laugh:

EeveeJ: sorry you feel like you have gone backwards! Yes it can be your kyleena...even ppl not recovering from benzos can have problems with any hormonal intervention.

Ultimately you can remove it and see how you feel. Can  you switch to the hormonal free one?

Wow, this place really is deserted! Don't know if that's good or bad.

1 month and 2 weeks since benzo free! Feeling good!

Stay strong!

Hi Jasmine,

That's wonderful news! A very big CONGRATULATIONS! 👍👍👍💢💥👏

I hope you're going to be completely off the stuff really soon.

Stay strong! ❣

Trochsetter

Thanks Troch!

How are you feeling after walking off?

I am doing swell. I even can nap now if I get tired and bored.

I was able to cut 2mg at a time in the January and February,  then I had to reduce my cut.

The last time, I went in for 1 day of 1000mg of nad and reduced 0.3mg in one go..

Additionally I taper 0.1mg every week or 10 days.

Every couple of days, I give myself 100mg of nad injection prescribed by a detox doctor who wrote a book on NAD.

1 day of Nad iv at the spa cost 500$ (and this is cheap) and I spend an additional 500$ for the liquid injections per month.. I basically work to pay my taper.

Also, Lexapro really help. I don't think I will get off it any time soon.

I feels positive,  good in my mind and body. I gained 15lbs.

I lost so much weight last year with the nsomnia and akathesia. My kids and husband are happy to see me so chilled.

I wish nad therapy is more affordable for everyone.

It would have saved lives.

It saved my life.

I also know a buddy who is off now thanks to Nad. He doesn't want to come back here anymore. He is ready to move on.

He is back to normal. He said coming here gives him ptsd.

I understand him.

I get more anxious when I write on here.

I don't know when I will come back.

But thank you all who supported me.

Hi all, I haven't been here in a while.

I was in a bad place the last time I posted.

I am back to normal now.

I have been reducing using Nad injection and IV drip at a clinic. I am down to 1mg of valium. All my symptoms are gone. I am back to work full time. I can sleep from 6 to 9 hours. I can work out, eat Chinese food and drink caffeine. Nad is a miraculous drug. It is my 3rd taper and this time.  It is like reducing a non potent meds. I went from 9 to 1mg in 8 months. Before NAD , I couldn't reduce at all. I wasn't even stable. My periods would send me in a suicidal state.

I spoke with the best detox doctor using NAD in the US and to someone who was able to get off klonopin using nad injection.

Now I use injections and IV drip at a clinic for each large cut.

However I probably spent 12,000 dollars in total for the therapy but it is all worth it.

I hope I am giving hope to anyone out there suffering.

No.more burning, buzzing,  pacing, cortisol surge.

I can drive on the freeway and watch horror movie...

It is true, when you feel good.you don't want to come back here.

Thank you for all you have helped me

I am not off yet. But I I taking my time...

Wow, I'm so happy for you Jasmine, please come back when you can to let us know how you're doing, this is such wonderful news!  :smitten:

Wow, this place really is deserted! Don't know if that's good or bad.

1 month and 2 weeks since benzo free! Feeling good!

Stay strong!

This whole forum has been quieter than usual. I check in here, but currently not holding for the entire Summer like I planned. Trying to stick to the .25 mf V cuts my Peer Support and my Psych NP suggested, 'bout to go from .75 to .5mg. Once I kick off that last .5 mg am dose, I will be halfway through this taper mess. I'm sure I'll need this forum in the future.

Glad you are doing well, must feel so liberating, not tied down that pill anymore.

And jasmine, wish I could afford NAD, wish it would become standard treatment for benzo W/D and insurance covered it. But I'm happy for you just the same.

Benzolottie,

I think you are doing amazing!  I am down to .03 and having sleep issues and gastric distress, but doing well overall. 

Two cuts and I will be free..

Hi group,

This is my first time posting although I have been "lurking" around on BB for a long time.  I am currently down to .64 of Xanax from 1.5.  I started my DLMT in June of 2020 and had a pretty mild withdrawal until this spring.  Unfortunately, I was on massive doses of supplements that I had been told would "help" in my withdrawal - I believe they did but when I had to come off them (due to some of my vitamin blood levels being almost toxic) it was clear how much they had been covering up my withdrawal. 

I went into and have been in a form of acute withdrawal for months. I spoke to the company and they also admitted their supplements were possibly potentiating my Xanax by upwards of 3 to 5x.  So, all of my hard work at a turtle taper went straight into the garbage.  I have continued to try to continue to cut just a few % each month as this has been going on but I am extremely symptomatic.  Burning skin, tinnitus, terrible depression, intrusive thoughts, anxiety, panic, housebound, had to stop working.....it has been a mess.  I was encouraged to begin to consider a long hold taper and so that is why I am here.  I have held for maybe 2 to 2.5 weeks since all of this began in late February but never longer than that for fear of what the other groups tell me will "create tolerance".  But, I am super sick -- cannot updose as I would have no idea what to updose to --so I am going to give the long term hold a chance.  any successes or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I am also on 15mg of mirtazapine and have been since just before my taper began in June of 2020. 

so far I am holding at .64 for the last 6 days.  I pray my body can find some stability -- my symptoms have been horrific and my level of functioning is next to nothing.  thanks for having me!

Hi group,

This is my first time posting although I have been "lurking" around on BB for a long time.  I am currently down to .64 of Xanax from 1.5.  I started my DLMT in June of 2020 and had a pretty mild withdrawal until this spring.  Unfortunately, I was on massive doses of supplements that I had been told would "help" in my withdrawal - I believe they did but when I had to come off them (due to some of my vitamin blood levels being almost toxic) it was clear how much they had been covering up my withdrawal. 

I went into and have been in a form of acute withdrawal for months. I spoke to the company and they also admitted their supplements were possibly potentiating my Xanax by upwards of 3 to 5x.  So, all of my hard work at a turtle taper went straight into the garbage.  I have continued to try to continue to cut just a few % each month as this has been going on but I am extremely symptomatic.  Burning skin, tinnitus, terrible depression, intrusive thoughts, anxiety, panic, housebound, had to stop working.....it has been a mess.  I was encouraged to begin to consider a long hold taper and so that is why I am here.  I have held for maybe 2 to 2.5 weeks since all of this began in late February but never longer than that for fear of what the other groups tell me will "create tolerance".  But, I am super sick -- cannot updose as I would have no idea what to updose to --so I am going to give the long term hold a chance.  any successes or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I am also on 15mg of mirtazapine and have been since just before my taper began in June of 2020. 

so far I am holding at .64 for the last 6 days.  I pray my body can find some stability -- my symptoms have been horrific and my level of functioning is next to nothing.  thanks for having me!

Which supplements were you taking?

Hello 300days,

So sorry you're in this bad place at the moment. I hope you'll start to feel better really soon!

I had the same question as Enzolt! I take a few supplements as well, but they don't seem to hurt me. I feel ok. But would be interested to know which supplements you took and which of those were worst for you!

Stay strong and get well soon!

Trochsetter

[f4...]

Well I’m back in this group girls!!

After being gone for 117 days, since I first started a small amount of Valium, my period has come back!

This is not welcome news, but I know why I had increased headaches and backaches the last few days!

The only upside is that my period always helps relieve any constipation, which there has been plenty since I’ve moved more over to Valium!

I’m not looking forward to the Akathisia that I will get every night now, I pray that won’t happen.

I so, enjoyed the 117 day break!

Hugs

Winnie  >:(

I had been put on massive doses of vitamins and amino acids by a company called Hardy Nutriitonals out of Canada.  My doc felt that they would help me in my tapering process.  I didn't think to ask the exact mechanism of WHY they might help me.  I had a mild taper but since coming off them, as I have said, I feel I am in acute withdrawal.  Still have one more vitamin left to go (I was taking ten plus six amino acids)....but trying to just hold everything stable and not change anything. 

I would updose but I am not sure how to determine where I should updose as I have NO idea how much they affected my withdrawal or potentiated the action of the meds.  So, I am praying that a long hold might be an answer for me.  I had an evening a few nights ago where I was able to go and pick up cookies and go to my brothers house to see the kids for an hour.  Then the last three days, been bed/couch bound.  its primarily mental symptoms --- depression, anxiety, etc ---- but also intense physical agitation and terrible coming out of my skin feeling as well.

praying time will heal.

thanks guys

Well I’m back in this group girls!!

After being gone for 117 days, since I first started a small amount of Valium, my period has come back!

This is not welcome news, but I know why I had increased headaches and backaches the last few days!

The only upside is that my period always helps relieve any constipation, which there has been plenty since I’ve moved more over to Valium!

I’m not looking forward to the Akathisia that I will get every night now, I pray that won’t happen.

I so, enjoyed the 117 day break!

Hugs

Winnie  >:(

Hope you’re doing ok Winnie. 

hi,

no I started at 1.5mg of Xanax last June of 2020 and am now down to .64.  I was doing just fine until I had to stop the supplements.  now its been a mess.

That’s very good progress in a very short time.  Your cuts could be catching up to you.  I’m sure you will stabilize soon.

Hang in there, you are doing great!!

[f4...]