The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone, hope you're doing a bit better today!

Hi Kitsune, thanks for asking!  I' m doing fine! Still a number of physical issues. But nothing too bad. Some of those were more or less part of my life, so I have learned to live with them. Others are most likely courtesy of benzo.

I'm able to do most of the gardening myself again. Go for bike rides regularly. Try a few walks a week. Enjoying life after benzo.

No psychological issues, thank the Lord!

How have you been lately?

Hi BenzoLottie,  so sorry to see you're having so much on your plate! What can I say -  wishing you a much better time asap! Stay strong, B!  X

Hope you'll have a pleasant weekend!

Trochsetter

Troch, that is so great to hear! Your positive attitude is wonderful to see. You’re doing a great job taking care of yourself and I think that will aid your healing. I wish I didn’t have the mental symptoms they are the worst for me. This week has been a mixed bag, but I’m just working on accepting this is the process. I’ll be holding for a little while in hopes these symptoms calm down some (I’m two weeks into my current hold). Enjoy that garden! It’s supposed to be 116 F (46 C) here today, so I’m staying inside with the air conditioning!

Hi BenzoLottie,  so sorry to see you're having so much on your plate! What can I say -  wishing you a much better time asap! Stay strong, B!  X

Trochsetter

Well, one good thing is happening, my leaky, decrepit, front door, that the contractor I'm suing was supposed to replace a year ago, is getting done today. A friend is helping me out, she got someone to replace the door. And she is paying for it, as a gift. They are working on it right now. Brand new metal door with a foam core. That was the most important job I needed done on this house, the other stuff isn't urgent. Also, last week a couple from a church in my area, who's part of a prayer group praying for me, gave me a gift. A beautiful sterling silver ring set with midnight blue sapphires and Swarovski crystals. It's vintage, and there was a card with the story behind the ring. Made me cry, I couldn't believe they gave it to me. In my darkest hours, God sends hope.

So getting that done removes one stressor, and makes for one positive thing happening. One tiny wedge of that full plate, the others will get removed in time.

Now that you finished your taper, I hope you are doing better being benzo-free. And that you are enjoying the weekend, just enjoying the freedom.  ;)

Trochsetter

BenzoLottie I'm so happy to see some progrees in your house refurbishing and I'm happy you got that beautiful ring. I'm holding indefinitely now so you'll have me here for as long as you decide to stay, although I'm not very active due to my neck issues you know, but I post a little here and thre.

Hi Trishy, nice to see you post. I hope you find somebody to help with the grandbaby if you feel it's too much for you. Hugs.

Well, one good thing is happening, my leaky, decrepit, front door, that the contractor I'm suing was supposed to replace a year ago, is getting done today. A friend is helping me out, she got someone to replace the door. And she is paying for it, as a gift. They are working on it right now. Brand new metal door with a foam core. That was the most important job I needed done on this house, the other stuff isn't urgent. Also, last week a couple from a church in my area, who's part of a prayer group praying for me, gave me a gift. A beautiful sterling silver ring set with midnight blue sapphires and Swarovski crystals. It's vintage, and there was a card with the story behind the ring. Made me cry, I couldn't believe they gave it to me. In my darkest hours, God sends hope.

So getting that done removes one stressor, and makes for one positive thing happening. One tiny wedge of that full plate, the others will get removed in time.

Now that you finished your taper, I hope you are doing better being benzo-free. And that you are enjoying the weekend, just enjoying the freedom.  ;)

BenzoLottie I'm so happy to see some progrees in your house refurbishing and I'm happy you got that beautiful ring. I'm holding indefinitely now so you'll have me here for as long as you decide to stay, although I'm not very active due to my neck issues you know, but I post a little here and thre.

Door is in, and it just needs the trim installed. Trim will get done later. It was quite a job getting the original door out. New one looks so nice. I'm holding until I feel ready to taper, and my Psych NP and I agree I will do small tapers. I haven't been active due to all the turmoil in my life right now. So I too post here and there. Take care my stenosis sister.

[6b...]
Clarifying post - I am not providing medical advice. If you felt that I did, I apologize. Please check with you doctor on any medicine. I am not advising to do anything without the advice of your doctor.

I’m coming up to my period. Have been doing better lately. This cycle though is giving me symptoms. Sore shoulder is annoying. Trying not to panic. Still have to work. There’s a delta outbreak in the city where I live  & the media is hyping people up into a frenzy of panic.  I’m trying hard to stay positive

But I need some encouragement & support - Amy kind words are greatly appreciated.  Thanks 🙏

Hey Bess, my cycles had been getting better overall but this month has challenged that. Really starting to think I'm in benzo recovery and perimenopause - I mean its entirely possible.

so hard to work when things flare up for sure - I give you credit for that. the beauty of me being self employed right now is I clear my schedule around my period.

Stay away from media if possible - I'm sure you realize this. I look only once a week now - its enough to keep me informed and move on with my life without getting sucked into the "frenzy of panic" - its totally what that is!

So today I feel like crap and am maybe not your best cheerleader for the day. BUT just over a week ago I felt like almost 100 percent for a bit - so we have to cling to the good stuff right?

hugs - this will pass..this will pass.... :smitten:

Hi all on the LHSG  :hug: I been holding for over 2 months now, heading in to nearly 3 and not getting any better so am considering trying a cut, did anyone else find it helped when a hold was making you feel worse?  The last cut was nowhere near as hell as this one has been although it was bad at least I got times when it was more bearable  but I'm scared I may end up even worse if I cut, but I also want the hell of this drug too but can't afford to be any more messed up than I am right now I'm barely surviving.

Nova  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all on the LHSG  :hug: I been holding for over 2 months now, heading in to nearly 3 and not getting any better so am considering trying a cut, did anyone else find it helped when a hold was making you feel worse?  The last cut was nowhere near as hell as this one has been although it was bad at least I got times when it was more bearable  but I'm scared I may end up even worse if I cut, but I also want the hell of this drug too but can't afford to be any more messed up than I am right now I'm barely surviving.

Nova  :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I was holding due to stressful events going on in my life. But recently, my gut issues got worse. My Peer Support suggested I try a .25 cut off my 1 mg morning dose of V. My Psych NP agreed. Otherwise, I didn't feel too bad, except sleep has been more broken, and the chills have come back. Yeah, I was scared I wasn't ready. But both assured me it would be a negligible cut. The Summer weather has my symptoms all over the place, I have days headache free, then I get hit with a benzo headache. Some days I can barely function, other days I'm more able to do things. It's like a rollercoaster ride. So I sat down with a cutting board and a paring knife and chipped off approximately a quarter of the 1 mg half of a 2 mg pill. It's not perfectly accurate, but V is so forgiving due to it's long half life. And I still have the 10 mg at night. I'm about 5 days in, too early to tell if I made the right decision or not. I should know in another 5 days.

I've known people on this forum who have reduced by crumbs, literally. The question is whether you've reached tolerance on your current dose, if so, the only way out is down. Many say that when they feel worse on a given dose, and not better, they've hit tolerance, and they gradually felt better after lowering their dose. I think I was headed in that direction if I kept holding, my time off from tapering allowed my body to catch up with the cuts, and now symptoms that were at bay, are starting to return. It's a tough decision to make, and I'm just hoping I made the right one. I actually thought of holding for the Summer, but my Peer and my NP encouraged me to make a small cut so by September, I can eliminate the morning dose completely, hold for a bit, then start cutting the nighttime dose.

I don't know if any of this helps you, our histories are different, I was on K for only 15 months, and had an easy, and faster than Ashton, crossover to V.  I held for a little over a month, thought I might need longer. But here I am tiptoeing back into cut and hold with the smallest cut I've ever made. I keep telling myself that fear is the biggest enemy. So I try not to think about the what ifs? What if I held longer? What if cutting makes me worse? What if ________ (fill in the blank)?

If you don't get many responses here, try asking on the tapering board. I wish you well regardless of what you decide to do. 💞 :hug:

Hey Bess, my cycles had been getting better overall but this month has challenged that. Really starting to think I'm in benzo recovery and perimenopause - I mean its entirely possible.

so hard to work when things flare up for sure - I give you credit for that. the beauty of me being self employed right now is I clear my schedule around my period.

Stay away from media if possible - I'm sure you realize this. I look only once a week now - its enough to keep me informed and move on with my life without getting sucked into the "frenzy of panic" - its totally what that is!

So today I feel like crap and am maybe not your best cheerleader for the day. BUT just over a week ago I felt like almost 100 percent for a bit - so we have to cling to the good stuff right?

hugs - this will pass..this will pass.... :smitten:

Thanks lovely, this helps a lot.  Definitely hold onto that you felt almost 100% a week ago - see we are indeed getting there. Even if the non—linear nature of it all is purely insane.  We will heal - soon. 

This cycle is kicking my butt.  Muscle tightness in my shoulders & upper back is bananas.  How are you feeling after your COVID shot? I hope it has calmed down for you.  Which vaccine did you get? I’m

Booked in to get my first Pfizer shot at the end of this month.  We have been in lockdown for 3 weeks in the city where I live - the delta variant crept in.

Hugs to you lovely - be good to yourself xxx

Nova,

I was one of those who reduced by crumbs or tiny micro fraction of my current dose.  The lower I got the harder it became.  I usually had to hold for many months before I got much relief.

I'm really sorry you are suffering so much.  Ginger

Hi everyone, thought I’d check in. I’m going on 2 months benzo free and am feeling fine. A little insomnia, fatigue and depression but just the everyday garden variety type.  My mom died a month ago so that might be why. Now I’m trying to get her estate settled so the added stress isn’t helping. I hope everyone is hanging in there, Jim

Congratulations on being benzo free!  I am so sorry about tour mothers passing.  I’m sure this has been difficult just coming off the taper.

Please stay strong and know you have support here!

Hi Jim,

So sorry your mom passed away! My condolences.

Hope your stress etc. is going to go away soon.

Stay strong!

Trochsetter

JWL,

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's passing.  I hope once the estate is settled the stress on you will go away so you can feel better.  Ginger

Hi Jim,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother I lost mine 3 weeks ago.  I know how stressful getting everything settled is for you.

Hi Dianedeedee,

So sorry to read you lost your mom! My condolences!

I hope you're doing OK.

Stay strong!

Trochsetter

Hi Dianedeedee,

So sorry to read you lost your mom! My condoleances!

I hope you're doing OK.

Stay strong!

Trochsetter

Troch thank you so much.  Taking one day at a time.

My condolences Dianedeedee,

It's a hard thing when one's mom dies.  Mine left us 30 years ago.  It gets easier but I still miss her.  I well remember the stress and sadness.  Time heals eventually.  Ginger

My condolences Dianedeedee,

It's a hard thing when one's mom dies.  Mine left us 30 years ago.  It gets easier but I still miss her.  I well remember the stress and sadness.  Time heals eventually.  Ginger

Gingermint  thank you for your kind words.

my mistake was doing my shot just before my period - like days before. I get pain with my period so my body was already inflamed form  my immune response.

Next shot will be after it has passed. So this period has been worse for me prob due to that. I know by tomorrow I should start picking up a bit again - at least that is my pattern!

You're in lockdown?! I know I'm not supposed to ask where you're at but I'm super curious now.  So sorry!!  :(

Hi everyone

I'm now two years benzo free and I was doing fine until three months ago. I drank alcohol and the next morning I woke up with anxiety and the following days/weeks I got more symptoms back. Then things got better, but during my period I became more anxious and nervous. I got my first Pfizer shot and things flared up again.

Yesterday I got a kyleena (some sort Mirena but with less hormones). Last night I woke up and got some sort of panic attack and a lot of sweating. Does this have something to do with the kyleena?

I don't know anymore... Three months ago I felt so good and now I feel like I'm two years back in time and its getting worse, so it seems. I'm so scared that I will never be myself again...

Sorry for my English  ;)

[aa...]