The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

clearbluesky, I am so sorry you are struggling so.  Withdrawal can be so hard on us and those we love.  I don't know a lot about klonipin but what I can see right away is your tapering way too much.

If you are sensitive to it, like you believe you need to taper slowly and probably a lower amount.

Right now , if I did the numbers correctly, you are tapering alittle over 8% every two weeks, almost 17% a month.  That's huge.  An amount for someone sensitive, imo, is closer to 5 to 7% a month.  Klonipin is one of the strongest benzo's there are.  7% would be .02625.  I know it would be hard tapering that amount because you would probably have to weigh it.  There are many people on the tapering thread and the klonipin thread that could help you learn to do that. 

I see you just started tapering in September, how did you feel on the .375 daily dose? 

I get two different messages , one you were miserable on it and it wasn't working but then you say you need it for the panic attacks.  If it is making you sick, you will eventually need to come off.

Maybe there is another type of medicine that can help with the panic attacks but it may mean you have to learn to deal with them on your own.  I know all this sounds very difficult.  How bad are you now?  Do you think you could hold where you are until you can stabilize and taper from there or do you really believe you need to updose?  That is totally up to you.

I think posting to the Klonipin Club #2 would reach a lot of people that can help you.  I do believe you will need to hold, whether you updose or not.  Your brain and central nervous system need an opportunity to stabilize.  No one can tell you how long that may take.  There are great people on the KK #2 Support thread. 

I am on Valium and I really believe you need to get some help from people with experience with Klonipin.  We will all help you the best way we can.  My heart goes out to you.  If I were you, I would just copy your post here and post it there also and let's see if we can't get you some support

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏😷

Hello LHSG'ers,

Where is everyone these days? I know I've been busy and haven't posted much.. also a little depressed if I'm going to be very honest. I am still going about my days as normally as possible despite feeling down.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone but I think you're all " ghosting" me right now..👻 Get it?! Ahhh well tis the season for such jokes 🎃 :laugh: :laugh:

Peace my people! Thinking of you all!

BOO 👻🎃

Trishy ❤️

Hey clearbluesky,

Reading your post made me feel strongly because almost everything you said, I could have said 3 years ago. I was in your exact position. What I did end up doing was cross over to Valium, and slowly taper off that. It did work for me. I am 10 months off all Benzes and could not be happier about it! I'm pretty much off this site as well, except I do come back to ready what's going on in LHSG, I just love you guys so much.

Anyway, everyone's journey is different and I cannot tell you what to do, but I can tell you that it is possible to break free for you!

Ok blowing the dog whistle!! Time to come home kids! DD, Meme's,Val, Ginger, GP, Olive, fh, kit, Troch,Jwl, jasmine, and whoever else my benzo brain can't remember at the moment.

Check in time boys and girls  :D:)

Hey Olive and Ginger I saw 👀 you guys so you're cool :laugh:

Hey shout out to my twin! Would love to hear from you tiny one, love you much! LST ❤️ 🇮🇪☘️💚

Love to all you mia'ers

Trishy ❤️

Everything is going well on this front. It’s been very smoky here, but they’re predicting some rain this week!! I can’t tell you how excited I am for that.

Clearbluesky, I had a really hard time tapering Klonopin. It was just too potent for me to easily taper, so I crossed to Valium. That has made tapering a lot easier. If that’s an option for you, I encourage you to consider it. ❤️

Everything is going well on this front. It’s been very smoky here, but they’re predicting some rain this week!! I can’t tell you how excited I am for that.

Clearbluesky, I had a really hard time tapering Klonopin. It was just too potent for me to easily taper, so I crossed to Valium. That has made tapering a lot easier. If that’s an option for you, I encourage you to consider it. ❤️

Good to hear everything is good with you kit. Sorry about all that smoke, hope you get that rain! 🤞🙏

Trishy ❤️

Hi LHSG.

Clearblue and Danko, is there any reason you haven't crossed over to Valium? I'm always curious why people don't. It has a longer half life reducing interdose WDs, it makes daily micro-tapering so much easier and it's sedating and helps with anxiety.

Jasmine, glad you're stabilizing more and more every day. Do you remember how you were 2 months ago?

Hey Olive, cute cat. How do you post pics and links on BB?

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Sorry this is going to be a very quick post.

Welcome Danko and clear l am sorry you are both suffering.l have never updosed so can't comment on that.Holding is hard however if you are suffering you must stay put until things become more manageable.It takes months for the withdrawal symptoms to even begin to ease.I have used holding as a tool as in my opinion the brain heals as we taper.Clearblue l can't advice you on how to progress you must decide if you want to continue to taper.As for your bf try to limit the amount of time you spend talking about withdrawal.He still loves you however he is probably finding it as hard to deal with as you are.Try to find therapies that will help you to deal with panic attacks l have always found it's the fear of panic attacks that keep them going.This is the time now to get treatment that will help you rather than masking the panic and that takes a lot of hard work and patience.

. Morning Trish, Olive Gilly Valley Free Troch Val Final Bill Miyu NJ Nova Free Lady Mary Suzy Ginger LWT  Jasmine and everyone here sorry short of time love you all.Will try to get back on soon.X

Ok blowing the dog whistle!! Time to come home kids! DD, Meme's,Val, Ginger, GP, Olive, fh, kit, Troch,Jwl, jasmine, and whoever else my benzo brain can't remember at the moment.

Hey shout out to my twin! Would love to hear from you tiny one, love you much! LST ❤️ 🇮🇪☘️💚

Love to all you mia'ers

Trishy ❤️

Oh Trishy, I'm so glad I'm cool with you.  I had a few days the first week of Sept where I felt good.  Then the rest of the month was a wave.

I've been dealing with an ankle lower leg issue for the past year.  I've seen two P.A.s, three doctors, two MRIs, two steroid injections (foot and back). I'm  now doing second round of PT.

A couple months ago I injured my back as well.  It is slowly getting better, the steroid injection did nothing but make me incredibly sick for the better part of a week.  I will never have another one.

This month I've felt better.  I still have the pounding heart which disturbs my sleep.  Routine echo tomorrow then see my cardiologist next week.  Many appointments this month.

I'm taking down my garden.  Will harvest winter squash today.  The last two days I made and canned tomato soup.  I've gotten lots done and that feels good.

I have my depressed moments too, but I try not to let them slow me down.  Trishy, congrats on your recent cut.  Slow but steady is the best.

That's all for now folks.  Busy day ahead.  I'm praying for all of us going through benzo wd and pandemic at the same time.  The good news is, one day both will end.  Ginger

Good morning LHSG

I haven’t switched to Valium cuz I’d be at a pretty large dose.  I may at a later date, not sure yet. 

I’m cutting at a ridiculously slow rate.  I liquid taper, am at 1.79 and cut .01 mil per month.  I don’t know what that is in mg, but I know it’s slow.  Someone gave me the answer about a year ago but brain retention isn’t up to par.

My pdoc finally sees I’m determined to cut and has given me a schedule but it’s not doable for someone that’s been on this over 20 years.  Basically it’s cutting 1/2 of one of my 4 doses every 10-14 days.  I didn’t tell him I’m microdosing cuz he wouldn’t understand.  I have tried to speed up my cuts to .02 mil every month instead.

Now I’m back to heavy glutamate damage each morning and feel like I have dementia!  Also I’m getting heart palms again.  Not to mention waking every 2-3 hours so feel very fatigued.

I’m just frustrated.......

Love to all

Love to all you mia'ers

Trishy ❤️

Oh Trishy, I'm so glad I'm cool with you.  I had a few days the first week of Sept where I felt good.  Then the rest of the month was a wave.

I've been dealing with an ankle lower leg issue for the past year.  I've seen two P.A.s, three doctors, two MRIs, two steroid injections (foot and back). I'm  now doing second round of PT.

A couple months ago I injured my back as well.  It is slowly getting better, the steroid injection did nothing but make me incredibly sick for the better part of a week.  I will never have another one.

This month I've felt better.  I still have the pounding heart which disturbs my sleep.  Routine echo tomorrow then see my cardiologist next week.  Many appointments this month.

I'm taking down my garden.  Will harvest winter squash today.  The last two days I made and canned tomato soup.  I've gotten lots done and that feels good.

I have my depressed moments too, but I try not to let them slow me down.  Trishy, congrats on your recent cut.  Slow but steady is the best.

That's all for now folks.  Busy day ahead.  I'm praying for all of us going through benzo wd and pandemic at the same time.  The good news is, one day both will end.  Ginger

Hey GM, you are a busy woman  :D. I have had PT, physio, chiropractic, nothing has really helped my back pain.  The only good thing I can truly say about it, is it kept me exercising, but very little improvement.  So then I started doing it at home, didn't see any reason to pay them, I wish you luck.

I think benzo's keep pulling my muscles right back where I started from.    :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I hope you see better results.  It's always good to see you on here.  Good luck with all your appointments.  I just had an echo, it was fine.  Been struggling with Gerd but think I am figuring that out with diet and supplements.  We all become pretty good damn Dr's  :laugh:;D.  Think about you a lot.  Please be extra safe 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏😷😷

Good morning LHSG

I haven’t switched to Valium cuz I’d be at a pretty large dose.  I may at a later date, not sure yet. 

I’m cutting at a ridiculously slow rate.  I liquid taper, am at 1.79 and cut .01 mil per month.  I don’t know what that is in mg, but I know it’s slow.  Someone gave me the answer about a year ago but brain retention isn’t up to par.

My pdoc finally sees I’m determined to cut and has given me a schedule but it’s not doable for someone that’s been on this over 20 years.  Basically it’s cutting 1/2 of one of my 4 doses every 10-14 days.  I didn’t tell him I’m microdosing cuz he wouldn’t understand.  I have tried to speed up my cuts to .02 mil every month instead.

Now I’m back to heavy glutamate damage each morning and feel like I have dementia!  Also I’m getting heart palms again.  Not to mention waking every 2-3 hours so feel very fatigued.

Love to all

I am so sorry you are struggling so GP.  To me it seems if I calm one symptom down, I get another one.  I always have 3 or 4 annoying the hell out of me.  Especially back.  I think of you a lot and really hope you feel better soon my friend.  LY, 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷😷.    🐕🐾🐶🐾❣️♥️💕

Hi LHSG.

Jasmine, glad you're stabilizing more and more every day. Do you remember how you were 2 months ago?

Hi Jwl

Yes I was so.bad 2.5.months ago.

I am doing pretty well except during ovulation and pMs time.

I still feel the sedating effect of the valium, and haven't shaken in a while. I just feel fragile and depressed on bad days. I have been sleeping 9 hours on average and take l theanine 300mg a day. I feel that it helps in the morning.

I am alseep4by 7.3pm and wake at 4.30am. Listen to my hypnosis recording and then make breakfast for the family.

Every afternoon. I take the kids to the pool where it is almost deserted.

I wouldn't have been able.to.do all.these if I haven't reinstated.  In fact I wouldn't even be alive. So I try to remind myself that this was a wise decision when I think of the taper that is awaiting ahead.

Jasmine, you sound so much better. I am glad you’re stabilizing. As much as I know we all want to get off benzos, I think you made the right decision for you.  :smitten:

Good morning LHSG

Love to all

GP I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through all this to satisfy your doctor's ignorance. Is there any chance you can move to a different doctor? Is there a law by which people in the US have to stick to the doctor they are assigned? I'm sorry but I don't know how it works. Here if you have private insurance you just go from one doctor to another until you finally find one who knows at least the basics of bwd. I really hope you find a way to taper at your own pace GP. Nobody has the right to bully you into cutting faster than that. I'm rooting for you  :smitten:

Hi LHSG.

Clearblue and Danko, is there any reason you haven't crossed over to Valium? I'm always curious why people don't. It has a longer half life reducing interdose WDs, it makes daily micro-tapering so much easier and it's sedating and helps with anxiety.

Hey Olive, cute cat. How do you post pics and links on BB?

Thanks JWL! I love posting pictures here. It is pretty easy to do it, though it takes a few extra steps. I posted instructions on how to do it on my blog, Kitty Prints. Here is the page:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=190123.340

Send us a pet photo!

Val, where are you girlfriend?  How are you?  We have missed you and your good support.

LY 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷

Good morning LHSG

Love to all

I am so sorry you are struggling so GP.  To me it seems if I calm one symptom down, I get another one.  I always have 3 or 4 annoying the hell out of me.  Especially back.  I think of you a lot and really hope you feel better soon my friend.  LY, 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷😷.    🐕🐾🐶🐾❣️♥️💕

Thanks Mary!  I’m always grateful for your support!

Good morning LHSG

Love to all

GP I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through all this to satisfy your doctor's ignorance. Is there any chance you can move to a different doctor? Is there a law by which people in the US have to stick to the doctor they are assigned? I'm sorry but I don't know how it works. Here if you have private insurance you just go from one doctor to another until you finally find one who knows at least the basics of bwd. I really hope you find a way to taper at your own pace GP. Nobody has the right to bully you into cutting faster than that. I'm rooting for you  :smitten:

Yes I could get a new Pdoc Val, but with this one I don’t have to worry about him cutting me off completely and let’s me taper at my own speed.  Not to mention being forced to “try” an AD.  We’ve been through them all 3-4 times and they don’t help me.  With the exception of Paxil, which caused me to gain 25 pounds so I won’t go there again.  Also I don’t want Lyrica and I reluctantly went on Gabapentin even though I said I wouldn’t. 

How are you holding up?

Love to all you mia'ers

Trishy ❤️

Hey GM, you are a busy woman  :D. I have had PT, physio, chiropractic, nothing has really helped my back pain.  The only good thing I can truly say about it, is it kept me exercising, but very little improvement.  So then I started doing it at home, didn't see any reason to pay them, I wish you luck.

I think benzo's keep pulling my muscles right back where I started from.    :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I hope you see better results.  It's always good to see you on here.  Good luck with all your appointments.  I just had an echo, it was fine.  Been struggling with Gerd but think I am figuring that out with diet and supplements.  We all become pretty good damn Dr's  :laugh:;D.  Think about you a lot.  Please be extra safe 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏😷😷

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry you have had so much trouble with your back.  Mine is not related to benzo, at least I don't think it is.  Muscle and joint pain is one of the benzo sx I never have had.  I think it was from yard work or cleaning out the basement.  It is getting much better now.

I had wave sx start up yesterday evening.  Mine are head and nasal congestion and pressure, heart palps, dry eyes and GERD sx plus blood pressure spikes.  They come on in a matter of minutes, I'm fine and then not.  This morning I felt fine until late afternoon and now more wave sx.

For GERD I take, 1/2 tsp baking soda in a half glass of water.  I also use apple cider vinegar, a tablespoon in water.  Both help.  No coffee or carbonated beverages and small meals especially dinner.

GP, So sorry to hear you are still struggling so.  I have been holding 5 months and 5 days so far and still have broken sleep every night and waves of sx.  Maybe I am one of those individuals who don't really start to improve until they have been completely off the drug for weeks or months.

We just have to stay strong but I know it is hard when you feel beaten down.  Ginger

Val, where are you girlfriend?  How are you?  We have missed you and your good support.

LY 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷

Hi dear Mary. I miss you too. I'm sorry I didn't get everyone, I just saw GPS post and felt so bad for the situation, but I don't have time to catch up every day. I hope your muscles are healing. I'm sure they are even if you're not noticing it yet. I'm very busy, work and trying to sell the apartment I used to rent.. In this market 😒. I'll catch up when I have some time. Best wishes to everyone. I had do deal with a doctors denial yesterday, c she said we're addicts. I wanted r to strangle her but I kept my cool. I just told her I didn't want to discuss this any further with her because in this particular topic she was quite lost.

Hi Trishy and all the LHSG gang,

I heard the dog whistle and am posting an update.

I'm doing all right.  As I have gotten lower on the Clonzapam, my depression has lifted.  I'm stable-ish most of the time though I do have my days of feeling sad and low. 

I am able to sleep in a broken way but instead of waking every couple of hours, it's seems I wake up once and then back to the benzo sleep.  Probably getting between 6-7 hours right now. 

Mainly what I'm dealing with now is physical symptoms like aching shins, head pressure on some days, low grade nausea in the morning and sweating has returned.  My frozen shoulder has gotten much better though still not 100% healed.  I went for an xray and there are no tears in the muscle or rotator cuff or impingement issues.  Just good ole stick benzo impacted muscles.  The doctor wanted to give me a steroid shot in the shoulder and tried to scare me into doing it.  I said no quite strongly. 

I've been working more and walking about 5 days a week.  Trying to pick up the intensity a bit because I am feeling the urge to move more but I do stay mindful of not over doing it.

I walk around NYC from my appointments and while it is certainly not the city it was 7 months ago, there are people out and about.  Lots of construction going on and there is still energy in the streets.  I continue to feel safe here though I miss what this city had to offer. 

I hope everyone is doing the best they can in their taper and thanks for sending out the signal to give an update.

Final Healing 

So good to hear from you FH.  Sounds like you are coming a long really well.  Very happy for you.

I think with your Governor, your New York will come back, just may take some time.  I think masks are in our future.  It's great you are working more and walking more too.  LY  :smitten: :smitten:

[31...]