The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Troch and dehytq,

I'm also having a big uptick in anxiety.  I cannot figure out why.  Had an echocardiogram yesterday so maybe my constantly pounding heart will get an answer.  I think it's just benzo though.  I almost wish it were something cardiac that a med would relieve.

I think there is just too much going on in life and no real solutions yet apparent.  Best to you both.

Stut,

You may be right about the back pain, with benzos who knows.  I've even considered wd could be a contributing factor in my ankle, leg pain although I've had three injuries in the past.

I'm off to pickle some onions while listening to some calming music.  I'm skipping all news, debates and everything tonight.  Ginger

GM, benzo's really pick on my old injuries , seems to be their favorite places to make me hurt  >:(

Some of the places, I had to think back to my younger days, a terrible wipe out on my bike.  I was flying around a corner, no hands  :laugh:    and splat.  My left knee took a beating, but all most everything that hurts bad, I can think back to an injury.  I am sorry your heart is beating hard. 

Are you on a beta blocker?  They do wonders in slowing that pounding down.  You can take as needed or all the time.  It's something to talk to your Dr about.  I have been taking nadolol for years for migraines, to keep my blood vessels to keep from pounding but it also helped with the heart palpitations during wd.  LY, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙋🏼😷

I'm planning to ask my cardiologist for a prn beta blocker like propanolol.  I'd like to give it a try.  My heartrate is not too fast, just feel in my chest  plus palpitations from time to time.  G.

Does nadalol work well for your migraines Mary?

No, but it helped with the pounding blood vessels sometimes, but it did help with heart palpitations.

The new migraine meds are great though GP.  Ubrelvy and Nurtec, I got samples of both from my Dr and a prescription for the Ubrelvy.  I am so pleased with them so far.  Knock wood.

Hi gm,

I'm sorry your anxiety is so bad. Its hard to tell what is real anxiety, stress, or benzo. I feel alot better today. As long as I stay out of arguing with my bf, I actually feel bad for him, lol. I think he's scared of me, haha.  I get the palps too , they have gotten better with the hold. Its weird your just sitting there and out of nowhere they go off on there own. It must be chemical. I hope your cardigam went OK. Just take it slow, takes walks if your are able. Im with you,  I skipped the debates, watched for a few minutes and turned it off. Its not worth the added stress. Hope today is going better for you!  :smitten:

Hope you all are having a de ent day, hang in there im just thinking of the sx as my body healing. So I just let it do its thing!! ❤

First of all welcome to the new ladies on here! We feel your frustration and pain....

Kits: Sounds like maybe a shift in the right direction...fingers crossed dear girl!

Bonty: ah I see.. you did a cut thinking you had some time and then it came early..ugh...so sorry. not a great combination! Just give yourself tie to stabilize. hugs..

Falcon: I'm sorry..don't despair..I've read from other ladies on the board who go on to have good and healthy pregnancies. Mon pilote def showed that!!

Larilu: I'm so done going to docs..its hard when we are worried, but I figure benzos have stolen enough I don't want to be poor from them as well! I've read of others having menstrual changes with other psyche drugs as well so it is normal for some to have this. give it more time. You'll prob see your best changes once you are fully off.

TY  trina... does anyone start feeling yuck a few days before ovulation day?

Yes, Bonty!! Me!!!! My ovulation wave was worse than my pms wave this last time, and I just couldn’t believe it. I searched the forum and found that many struggled mid-month like this. Hang in there! You/we aren’t alone.

Beauty

Bonty, yes! I have issues around ovulation too. Thankfully it’s been milder the last month so I’m hoping my hormones are settling some.

Hi gm,

I'm sorry your anxiety is so bad. Its hard to tell what is real anxiety, stress, or benzo. I feel alot better today. As long as I stay out of arguing with my bf, I actually feel bad for him, lol. I think he's scared of me, haha.  I get the palps too , they have gotten better with the hold. Its weird your just sitting there and out of nowhere they go off on there own. It must be chemical. I hope your cardigam went OK. Just take it slow, takes walks if your are able. Im with you,  I skipped the debates, watched for a few minutes and turned it off. Its not worth the added stress. Hope today is going better for you!  :smitten:

Hope you all are having a de ent day, hang in there im just thinking of the sx as my body healing. So I just let it do its thing!! ❤

Hey DD.  Always miss you girlfriend.  I know it's hard to post when you are stressed

and feeling anxious, which so many of us are.  I have read many posts lately where anger is just below the surface.  You hang tight my friend, we are going through this a day at a time.  It sucks totally.  I think when things calm down after the election (crossed fingers), some of our anxiety will calm down with a new, caring leader.  ;).  Love you DD, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷

anxious. 

KHSG........I know from the inside, withdrawal seems like chaos, the walls falling down.  But just want to mention how sweetly domestic your lives sound!  Guinea Pig, you really made me smile!

Yesterday I forgot to set my iphone alarms for today's Klonopin doses.  So I drowsed in bed for one hour this morning past first dose of the day.  But instead of feeling symptomatic, I felt BETTER then usual.  And this hour was in addition to the usual night-time break.  It could be just Klonopin's extended half-life covers such breaks in dosage.  But the difference in how I felt was like a revelation.  Life seemed normal, I felt normal!  It was just a glimpse but it gave me hope.  So I looked up micro-tapering instructions online.  It may not be as complicated as I thought.  But I'm still wondering about switching to Valium first.

So I'd like to ask, for those who have taken both Klonopin and Valium.........what is the difference in how the two made you feel?  Did you have trouble making a switch?

Some say Klonopin encourages more "doom and gloom" thinking than the other benzos.  But I've also read that while Valium is more sedating than Klonopin (which I'd like) it can also cause more depression than Klonopin.  And some can tolerate one but not the other.

Any opinions on this?

thanks and well wishes to you all!

clearbluesky

Thanks mm, I feel like I'm stabilizing slowly but surely. The one thing I noticed is that the wd. Makes you angry. Like quitting smoking by 10, 000. Ugh. Im even yelling at myself. Hope your feeling ok. Someday we will be at the finish line.

I have not had this issue. But I can totally tell two days prior to my period starting that my period is about to start.  Then I'm in bed most of the day or laying down. I feel my best two weeks after my period

Yes, Bonty!! Me!!!! My ovulation wave was worse than my pms wave this last time, and I just couldn’t believe it. I searched the forum and found that many struggled mid-month like this. Hang in there! You/we aren’t alone.

Beauty

Ok so we are basically screwed  most of the month unless we get lucky, lovely :thumbsup: sorry for the sarcasm. hope everyone is doing well

Hello,

Just got the result of my Corona test: negative. 

So, no Covid-19.

Still coughing and a little short of breath sometimes.

Perhaps it's a bad cold.

Hope it will soon get better.

Have a nice weekend.

Stay safe.

Trochsetter

Hello,

So, no Covid-19.

Perhaps it's a bad cold.

Have a nice weekend.

:yippee: :yippee: :clap:    Glad no virus but sorry you are coughing and having trouble breathing.

Take care of yourself Troch, rest this weekend 🙋🏼🙋🏼:)

Stay safe.

Trochsetter

Hello,

So, no Covid-19.

Perhaps it's a bad cold.

Have a nice weekend.

Stay safe.

Trochsetter

Great news!!  One less thing to worry about. G.

Hello,

So, no Covid-19.

Perhaps it's a bad cold.

Have a nice weekend.

Stay safe.

Trochsetter

That must be such a relief! I hope you feel better soon!  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much Trina75 and mon pilote ❤️ Thank you for your encouragement and for responding. Thanks for letting me know that I’m not alone...that this happens to others too...it’s all so very hard. I keep trying to relax around the whole thing but It’s difficult as I feel like I’m goinG a bit mad. Sending loads of love to everyone  :smitten:

Thank you so much Trina75 and mon pilote ❤️ Thank you for your encouragement and for responding. Thanks for letting me know that I’m not alone...that this happens to others too...it’s all so very hard. I keep trying to relax around the whole thing but It’s difficult as I feel like I’m goinG a bit mad. Sending loads of love to everyone  :smitten:

hormone shifts can def make you feel "psychosis" in this recovery....scary but it passes. I remember one morning at 7 am contacting a friend who knows whats going on and said " Just talk to me...talk till this passes". I was on the brink of my period and felt I'd lost my mind. Haven't been that bad in a few months.

I've said this before and I'll say it again ...the original members on this thread are no longer on BB.... :thumbsup: Thats a good sign.

Thank you, ladies.

Yes, so glad it's not Covid-19. You're right, Gingermint, one less thing to worry about.

But still coughing a lot, especially in the mornings.

So, what if...you know how these awful meds make our thoughts go in a negative way so easily.

I have to think helping thoughts. And not let it get me down.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Trochsetter

Thank you, ladies.

Yes, so glad it's not Covid-19. You're right, Gingermint, one less thing to worry about.

But still coughing a lot, especially in the mornings.

So, what if...you know how these awful meds make our thoughts go in a negative way so easily.

I have to think helping thoughts. And not let it get me down.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Trochsetter

You too Trouch and take it easy  ;)

Hi all,

I have been doing very well and didn't post much. Too busy with taking care of the house, garden and kids.

Then pms hit. Some symptoms are back. I have been bed bound since yesterday. And I have this dry cough and difficulty to breath. Doesn't feel like covid since I have no fever. Burning is bad. If I feel this bad during pms without on 9mg, how would I feel when I will start to taper?

I have a phone call from the disability leave office and they couldn't understand how I can feel okay some day and not okay on other day.

Jasmine, the only people who understand what we’re going through are others who are going through it or have gone through it. Be gentle with yourself. Benzos mess with our hormones so it can take a while for our cycles to settle down.

[f1...]