The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

G0, I have weird vibrations in my head too. Plus feels like blocked ears pressure and dizziness. I popped my ears and thought I was going to pass out. I hope you feel better if not go to the doctor. Love you suzy

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Twiny awe God l am losing it l forgot to post here on Monday 🤔🤢.I see you survived the storm honey?We had quite the storm here a couple of weeks ago l lost a roof tile had to get up there and slot it back in was absolutely terrified 😱. Couldn't leave it or the rain would have caused a lot of damage.l absolutely hate heights so you can imagine l didn't bound up there but l did it so woohoo 🎊🎉.Are you doing ok my lovely any kick back from the cut?l hope the kids are doing well?l hope you have the pool cleared so you can get the use of it.I will be back next week sometime.Just plodding along this end you know how it goes.The family are all fit and well so no worries there.My wee friend is holding her own and l have to say l am so proud of her.Her mother and father are holding on to each other and trying to take each day as it comes.They have a very very long and hard road ahead so for now they are doing ok.Give my bil Rich a big hug from me and enjoy your weekend.love you my lST X

Morning GP it does sound very similar to mine not pleasant.I have had it since tolerance crept in so it has been with me a long time.l tend to get up very slowly and before l get out of bed l drink a couple of glasses of water.l must say if you kept on your feet it does pass.Try not to get too afraid honey it tends to make it worse.Make sure you drink the recommended amount of water.Add in a little more salt, you can also wear pressure stockings that could help.lt will pass it is a withdrawal symptom.love you.X

Morning Olive l really hope everything goes smoothly for you honey you deserve it.I am sure your mum will miss you.Let us know how you get on.love you.X

Morning Meems yeah I have to say the dizziness etc is scary probably my worst symptom although none of them are pleasant.How's your garden coming along?Glad you have Romeo funny how they appear when we need them the most.Love you.X

Morning Kit and Lwt have everything crossed for you l think you will be grand.Listen to your body and please be aware of the lag time.love you.X

Morning Ginger l hope you are proud of yourself you went away and got through the anxiety and ended up enjoying yourself.Well done my lovely.l know everyone looks for windows however in my opinion it's how we cope when we have an uptick in withdrawal that will get us through this.l hope you are doing ok? love you.X

Morning Suzy how are you honey you have been quiet.Are you doing ok? Thinking of you.love you.X

Morning Val, Lady Mary, Nova Miyu Final Bill Intend Gilly Valley Troch Jasmine Free and everyone here sending you my love.X

Twinny you came back!!! I was so worried, I missed you! I'm not at all attached to you 🤥 😂😂

You got up on the roof?! You're quite the woman, I'd of left it and pulled out an umbrella when it rained inside :laugh: :laugh:

Glad to hear that things seem to be pretty good your end.  Happy to hear the family is well, thank god bc what a mess this whole covid thing is. It's so surreal what's happening.

Also happy to hear your visitor is holding up ok but she's got a "Stut" she's very lucky and in very good hands  :smitten:

I'm doing ok I'm keeping busy and probably driving our poor Mary crazy..I may have mentioned more than once to her through PM's how much I missed you 😢 she's been very supportive, she takes good care of me in your absence  ;)

I cut a little more on Tuesday. I was feeling slightly yucky yesterday but mild in comparison to what I've suffered in the past so I won't complain. We'll see what happens in the coming days as we know wd can sneak up on you days later. I now have eliminated a quarter of one pill. 💃🏼🎉🎉 that's a big deal in the world of benzos.

I will give your bil a hug for you, don't stay away too long. I know you have your life to live over there in the emerald isle and you're busy doing your own things buttttttt....there's meeeeeeee! Can't do without you!  :'(

Love you! Come back when you can twin I'll leave the porch light on for you and I'll be waiting by the door  ;) LST, 🙋‍♀️❤️❤️❤️❤️

PS.. stay off the roof please 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hi all

Stutt- so good to hear from you.  I’m procrastinating on the gardening.  Yes, stay off the roof. 

DD- I have the weird head thing going on too.  I wonder how much of it is inner ear imbalance.  I’m sure some of it may be Benzo w/d but it could be imbalance too.  Idk.  I hate that sxs.  Glad to hear you didn’t get into a fight with your mom.  Sigh...I deal with that every day.  She tries to bait me and I have to really work on not taking it. 

Trishy- good for you on the cut.  Be careful and Easy Does It and slow.  These damn cuts can catch up with us.   

I heard Michelle Obama talk about her feeling a sense of low grade depression from the covid pandemic and all the racial strife.  In my opinion, I think that’s true for a lot of us.  The world is so up-ended.  I know I changed when this all happened.  For our international folks - as I’m sure you’ve seen- America is in a BAD place on so many levels. 

I woke up with bad anxiety.  I know it’s rebound w/d sxs but I think I gotta do some mental / emotional work.  Journaling my feelings and maybe set up a “special” session with my therapist and get connected with my 12 step sponsor.  My therapist does social distancing (with masks) sessions with a select few clients - outside by her pool. 

Ok...so...Romeo drama.  I went out last night to see if he was on the patio.  He wasn’t as he takes off at night to go do his thing. And guess who was eating his food?  “Pepe Le Peue” 🦨.  My mother said “omg we’re gonna end with an animal farm in the backyard.” 

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Trishy,

Congratulations on your decrease.  Slow and steady will get you there.

Stut, thank you for your kind words.  I was proud of myself for taking my lake trip even though I didn't feel that great in the beginning.  I'm determined to live my life as much as I can while getting off Ativan and dealing with Covid stress.

Going up on your roof was brave and daring.  I guess in my line of work I've seen too many accidents.  I'm afraid of heights so I  would be like Trishy, an umbrella indoors until I could get someone to help.

DD, I definitely get the weird head stuff.  I know mine is benzo because as I hold after a cut it goes away.  Then comes back with the next decrease. 

One day at a time everyone, that's the only way I can cope with all that's going on.  G.

Hi all

Stutt- so good to hear from you.  I’m procrastinating on the gardening.  Yes, stay off the roof. 

DD- I have the weird head thing going on too.  I wonder how much of it is inner ear imbalance.  I’m sure some of it may be Benzo w/d but it could be imbalance too.  Idk.  I hate that sxs.  Glad to hear you didn’t get into a fight with your mom.  Sigh...I deal with that every day.  She tries to bait me and I have to really work on not taking it. 

Trishy- good for you on the cut.  Be careful and Easy Does It and slow.  These damn cuts can catch up with us.   

I heard Michelle Obama talk about her feeling a sense of low grade depression from the covid pandemic and all the racial strife.  In my opinion, I think that’s true for a lot of us.  The world is so up-ended.  I know I changed when this all happened.  For our international folks - as I’m sure you’ve seen- America is in a BAD place on so many levels. 

I woke up with bad anxiety.  I know it’s rebound w/d sxs but I think I gotta do some mental / emotional work.  Journaling my feelings and maybe set up a “special” session with my therapist and get connected with my 12 step sponsor.  My therapist does social distancing (with masks) sessions with a select few clients - outside by her pool. 

Ok...so...Romeo drama.  I went out last night to see if he was on the patio.  He wasn’t as he takes off at night to go do his thing. And guess who was eating his food?  “Pepe Le Peue” 🦨.  My mother said “omg we’re gonna end with an animal farm in the backyard.” 

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Just be very grateful Pepe Le Peue didn't spray Romeo,  :laugh:;D.  I looked out my door at the last place I lived and a possum was climbing in my plant.    :laugh: :laugh:  It's okay, I always leave water out so I am bound to attract a few strange creatures  :laugh:  We thought about putting up a video camera, but decided we might not want to see what's back there at night.  :D

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Just be very grateful Pepe Le Peue didn't spray Romeo,  :laugh:;D.  I looked out my door at the last place I lived and a possum was climbing in my plant.    :laugh: :laugh:  It's okay, I always leave water out so I am bound to attract a few strange creatures  :laugh:  We thought about putting up a video camera, but decided we might not want to see what's back there at night.  :D

One of the neighborhoods here had bears raiding garbage cans this week. The worst we’ve had is trash pandas (aka raccoons). 😂😂

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

One of the neighborhoods here had bears raiding garbage cans this week. The worst we’ve had is trash pandas (aka raccoons). 😂😂

Wow, a bear.  Did you see those bears in someone's kiddy pool this week.  So cute  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Oh I am grateful Pepe didn’t spray Romeo or the patio.  Skunk smell is the worst.  I’m sure you’d find all kinds of interesting critters out there if you had video footage.  😁

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Omg!  Bears 🐻. That’s crazy!  I know there are bears in Nor Cal but I have yet to see them here.  I’ve only seen raccoons 🦝, coyotes, possums.  My neighbor saw a mountain lion once.  It’s very dry here in So Cal so the come from the mountains looking for mostly water.  I love them all. ❤️

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Omg!  Bears 🐻. That’s crazy!  I know there are bears in Nor Cal but I have yet to see them here.  I’ve only seen raccoons 🦝, coyotes, possums.  My neighbor saw a mountain lion once.  It’s very dry here in So Cal so the come from the mountains looking for mostly water.  I love them all. ❤️

I have family in Monrovia and they regularly have deer walk down their street and they had a bear climb a tree next to their house and get on their roof. 😂

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

I have family in Monrovia and they regularly have deer walk down their street and they had a bear climb a tree next to their house and get on their roof. 😂

Im about 45 min from Monrovia.  Yes, we do have deer 🦌 here.  Wow.  A bear on the roof. 😂

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Oh I am grateful Pepe didn’t spray Romeo or the patio.  Skunk smell is the worst.  I’m sure you’d find all kinds of interesting critters out there if you had video footage.  😁

:laugh: :laugh:  that's what I am afraid of  :D

Hi all

Lots of love 🦨😻

Meems

Im about 45 min from Monrovia.  Yes, we do have deer 🦌 here.  Wow.  A bear on the roof. 😂

I would love them all too.  Animals, as long as they don't bite you,  :laugh:;D. Are wonderful  :D

Hello Long Hold Group-

I am seriously considering a long hold and wonder if you all can share how it has helped you. I have been doing a slow micro taper for many years and also a slow micro taper off an AD that took two years. When I got lower on the AD this spring things went bad and I reinstated a low amount of it at 1.5 mg. SI went away but still have many other symptoms and only semi functional around the house. I want to get more stable and functional so considering a long hold to do that. Thanks for any input.

Trishy,

Congratulations on your decrease.  Slow and steady will get you there.

Stut, thank you for your kind words.  I was proud of myself for taking my lake trip even though I didn't feel that great in the beginning.  I'm determined to live my life as much as I can while getting off Ativan and dealing with Covid stress.

Going up on your roof was brave and daring.  I guess in my line of work I've seen too many accidents.  I'm afraid of heights so I  would be like Trishy, an umbrella indoors until I could get someone to help.

DD, I definitely get the weird head stuff.  I know mine is benzo because as I hold after a cut it goes away.  Then comes back with the next decrease. 

One day at a time everyone, that's the only way I can cope with all that's going on.  G.

Thanks Ginger  ;D I'm a little nervous about it not gonna lie but if I'm to make any progress this year I had to go for it🤷‍♀️🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️

Hello Long Hold Group-

I am seriously considering a long hold and wonder if you all can share how it has helped you. I have been doing a slow micro taper for many years and also a slow micro taper off an AD that took two years. When I got lower on the AD this spring things went bad and I reinstated a low amount of it at 1.5 mg. SI went away but still have many other symptoms and only semi functional around the house. I want to get more stable and functional so considering a long hold to do that. Thanks for any input.

Hi Jl,

The way holding has helped me is it allowed me to stabalize and be functional. I have done very well with holding. Actually I could never get off my Xanax without holds. I live my life normally and generally feel very good. For me holding has done wonders. Going to fast not holding long enough has only landed me in misery. My motto is go low and slow. It can be very hard to hold but I swear by it.

Good luck in your decision. I think you'll find that you will only benefit from holding.

Trishy

So you people like animals huh? Come to my back yard. I have deer all the time, yes thank you beautiful deer for my tick bite in June :tickedoff: ok I still love them they're beautiful :laugh: I also have Fox, raccoons, chipmunks galore,squirrels, turkeys, had a duck for awhile swimming in my pool :laugh: :laugh: and yes even bears in the neighborhood but I didn't see them. I'm pretty sure I heard one on my deck though last year :D

So you're all welcome to come to my zoo  :laugh: :laugh:

So you people like animals huh? Come to my back yard. I have deer all the time, yes thank you beautiful deer for my tick bite in June :tickedoff: ok I still love them they're beautiful :laugh: I also have Fox, raccoons, chipmunks galore,squirrels, turkeys, had a duck for awhile swimming in my pool :laugh: :laugh: and yes even bears in the neighborhood but I didn't see them. I'm pretty sure I heard one on my deck though last year :D

So you're all welcome to come to my zoo  :laugh: :laugh:

I would love all those animals Trishy  :laugh: :laugh:  We have taken over their living space so we need to accept as many of them as we can.  Where I use to work , it was built in a beautiful area , lots of woods, and we saw foxes, coyotes, squirrels, raccoons, peacocks....you never knew what you were going to see....  road runners  :laugh:   

Yesterday I was working at my home office (my room) and I looked out the window and saw a young buck across the creek, and then a black squirrel ran up a tree near him and I was thinking about how lucky I am to live in such beauty! We see raccoons, coyotes, birds of all kinds, will turkeys, lots of deer. No bears though!

Yesterday I was working at my home office (my room) and I looked out the window and saw a young buck across the creek, and then a black squirrel ran up a tree near him and I was thinking about how lucky I am to live in such beauty! We see raccoons, coyotes, birds of all kinds, will turkeys, lots of deer. No bears though!

You are lucky.... :D

Hello Long Hold Group-

Hi Jl,

The way holding has helped me is it allowed me to stabalize and be functional. I have done very well with holding. Actually I could never get off my Xanax without holds. I live my life normally and generally feel very good. For me holding has done wonders. Going to fast not holding long enough has only landed me in misery. My motto is go low and slow. It can be very hard to hold but I swear by it.

Good luck in your decision. I think you'll find that you will only benefit from holding.

Trishy

That is such great news Trishy. So happy it has worked for you. Hoping for it to get me functional as well. How long have you held to get relief. I can’t tell by your signature.

Thanks again! 😘

Hi- OliveKitty

I am new here and considering holding to stabilize and get some what a life back. I see by your signature you held over a year and you are working. That is so great! Congratulations! Are you generally feeling well these days? Were you in a much better place when you started tapering again after your long hold?

Thanks,

Jen

Jen, holds are different for everyone.  Some can take months to really start working, others a few weeks.  But you need to hold, don't change any meds or change amount of your dose.    Hold everything and hold tight.  Trishy does have great luck with her holds, mine have not worked as well but did work some.  Everyone is again, different.  Good luck, we will be here for you!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼

Mary ♥️

[39...]