The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mary if you're trying to leave this group, you can't. Trust me I've tried several times and it's not easy.Something will drag you back. Maybe it's the fact that we'll all be still here tapering or holding and we won't push you into cutting or just to see if Trishy is shopping again or to hear about Suzy's Jim and his fits or to know how Olive Kitty is doing now that she's come off or to know how Espy is doing now that she's been off for months or to see if my hair is still orange or to see if Stutt is ok. Although I know you see many of these people in other groups but you'll come back. It's like a curse  :laugh:

I hope it's not excruciating pain and/or depression that's keeping you away from us and if it is, I know it'll get better because this disgusting drug has that way of giving us one better day here and there so that we think we've turned a corner, which of course we haven't. Thinking of you and wishing you, Tim and your doggie the very best. I wonder if raccoons scare the covid19. Maybe you're safe then.

Stutt how is that last cut treating you? I hope it's going smoothly.

DD I'm so sorry about your mouth pain. Have you searched the boards to see if many people have this symptom and if they found anything to help? I know it's not the first time I read about this symptom.

Trishy thanks for the caffeine input. As for your symptoms getting better when you cut, I think your on K and I'm on V however I have to say that the seven months I held I felt like crap all the time although very gradually improving but up and down. Then I started cutting and it's mostly hard but some days I suddenly feel good. I think this takes so long to heal that it has nothing to do really with your last cut, but more with windows that your brain has that might be receptors upregulating from a cut you did three months ago or who knows. This is just my own impression. I read people who come off aren't completely healed till after a couple years or more sometimes, so even if we're tapering, we'll have a good day all of a suddent but that has nothing to do with what we did yesterday, it's just one better day in a long healing process. Again, this is my personal impression based only on how I feel my own brain and on what I read and I extract my non scientific conclusion. You extract yours. I am so happy that you're having parties with your grandchildren!!! Yes! Let's start living again, this is no life. I've invited friends (one by one) to come and have lunch at my place, paella, but they're scared to come. People are too paranoid. Well one of them had breast cancer my poor dear one so I understand her but the other two are getting too comfortable IMO. Some people have developed what we call here the "cave symdrome" and now that we're allowed out they don't! My daughter is one of them but I pull her out for our authorized prisoner walk. Not every day though because it's very depressing. Everyone has to go out at the same time and with masks and only 1 km from your home. Tomorrow they're easing the restrictions in my area!!! So we'll be able to go to the forest again. We haven't gone since March. Thank GOD!!!

Morning V,

I'm on Xanax which has a very short half life and is one powerful benzo. A very difficult one to come off of. Not to say all benzos aren't tough to get off of, they're all horrible little bastard pills to get off of!

I can't complain too much though I generally do very well on a hold. I have run into big trouble twice while cutting and that was when I cut too much bc of dr pressure and another time when I cut too fast bc of my own ignorance however I have learned to go low and slow as I call it.

I once was on 3 mgs of this garbage, that's 12/ .25 mg pills now I'm on my way to only 3 /.25 mg pills. a little under 1 mg. What a ride it's been!! I'm probably looking at another 3 years of tapering which is fine by me as long as I have a Dr to prescribe for that long. If you read my sig you can see where I hurt myself though :laugh:

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed your coffee this morning 😊 have a great day and get out there and live it up the best you can while we live in these very strange times.  ;)

:smitten: :smitten:

Morning everyone,

Wishing everyone a peaceful, enjoyable day.  :)

Mary,

Thinking of you and hoping you'll post soon. I hope you have a nice day with Tim and sly. Missing you!!

Sending love and lots of hugs!  :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

Tt ❤️

Hi vali,

I have seen that other people have had it. Its weird yesterday wasn't to bad todayit's back. It's probably a sx.  Just weird thatit's new. Who knows. I hate this devil drug! Hope you are doing ok. You seem alot more relaxed, that is a good sign! Yay ly dd

Ok, I'm still trying to get the picture of the floor on here. Having trouble, benzo brain I guess. I might ask ask Jim! Maybe later lol ly dd

Ok, I'm still trying to get the picture of the floor on here. Having trouble, benzo brain I guess. I might ask ask Jim! Maybe later lol ly dd

Hey Suzy,

Getting photos onto BB is not intuitive! I actually laid out how to do it on my blog Kitty Prints starting on page 35:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=190123.340

VNM, so nice to have you back more regularly! And I am very happy for you that they are going to open up the forests. I have been lucky to be living in the woods during all of this.

Hahaa ok, I put it as my avatar for now. This is part of the kitchen floor. I need to sweep. Lol. I am going to check out that link you gave me. I'm a little revved up. Ridiculous. I situ till my body calms down. Hate this sx.  :tickedoff:❤❤

Hi everyone  :hug:  I need a hand please I can't think straight at all, my latest hold isn't helping either  :( I have a couple of  Questions  Regarding :

DAILY MICRO TAPER DRY PILL CUTTING

Are any of you doing this? If so can you please help me out if possible Being as my absolute  pill weight  is 174,  and  I have  pills that are  heavier or lighter than the  174 weight,  do I  add to the lighter ones less than 174  or subtract bits from the heavier ones  on the scale  to get the  correct 174 weight then take off my desired  micro taper  amount of 0.001 or 0.002 from the  174  ?

(  Pill weight of 174  is  based  on  correct procedure of  weighing 10 pills to get  correct overall  single pill  weight required  as all pills can be different  unequal  higher or lower weights in the same batch)

And DIRECT WEEK OR  EVERY TWO WEEK CUT TAPERING Question .

Sorry for what may seem a daft question but my brain function and ability to understand the simplest of things is messed up right now is messed up right now ::) Regarding how you taper do you use a  milligram scale that reads 0.000?  Do put your pill on the scale say it weighs 172 or whatever for example, weigh the 172, and once you done this then cut  e.g. by 0.1 and the reading is 0.173? is that how you taper your Benzo using this method?? Thanks Gang  :hug:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone  :hug:  I need a hand please I can't think straight at all, my latest hold isn't helping either  :( I have a couple of  Questions  Regarding :

DAILY MICRO TAPER DRY PILL CUTTING

Are any of you doing this? If so can you please help me out if possible Being as my absolute  pill weight  is 174,  and  I have  pills that are  heavier or lighter than the  174 weight,  do I  add to the lighter ones less than 174  or subtract bits from the heavier ones  on the scale  to get the  correct 174 weight then take off my desired  micro taper  amount of 0.001 or 0.002 from the  174  ?

(  Pill weight of 174  is  based  on  correct procedure of  weighing 10 pills to get  correct overall  single pill  weight required  as all pills can be different  unequal  higher or lower weights in the same batch)

And DIRECT WEEK OR  EVERY TWO WEEK CUT TAPERING Question .

Sorry for what may seem a daft question but my brain function and ability to understand the simplest of things is messed up right now is messed up right now ::) Regarding how you taper do you use a  milligram scale that reads 0.000?  Do put your pill on the scale say it weighs 172 or whatever for example, weigh the 172, and once you done this then cut  e.g. by 0.1 and the reading is 0.173? is that how you taper your Benzo using this method?? Thanks Gang  :hug:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova,

I am dry cutting but not microtapering. I am having the same issue though with some pills weighing more than others. For example most of my pills with 127 on my scale but some weigh 130. So when I take away the amount I want to reduce the math tells me the scale should read 111 for the total weight of the 127 pill, however, if the pill is coming in at 130 I cut to make it weigh 114 so I go up by 3 . I know it's hard to think while tapering I'm having that problem as well.

So for me it looks like this:

Total weight 127 / 111

Total weight 130 / 114

So I add up if the pill is weighing more. I hope that makes sense to you Nova. I'm challenged in my thinking right now too.

Good luck! Also go to withdrawal support and post this question you should get more answers.

Trishy ❤️

Afternoon LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Afternoon Nova l can't help honey l do a cut and hold and l eyeball my cuts.Why are you not on a liquid? Would that not be easier for you?l wish this was easier for you my love you have suffered for too long.Hang in there honey.lovw you my AS.X

Afternoon Trish l have no idea why some feel better when they cut makes no sense however it happens.l hope you are still feeling ok twiny.l have had a quiet weekend with my daughter.The weather has been poor so nothing much to do.l am in work so busy will try to get on probably around Wednesday if possible.Look after yourself.love you my lST X

Afternoon Val the cut has had it's moments much the same as all of them.lt is never going to be easy so l will just have to get on with it.l hope you are doing ok?Hang in my love.love you.X

Afternoon Suzy it is good to see you post more.l know this is hard but you are still moving forward.You are one strong lady.love youX

Afternoon Olive awe the wee darlings are you going to keep them all? They will get used to you.You know what your doing so patience is the key.love you.X

Afternoon lady Mary get your ass back here l didn't get a sick note.Look after yourself honey.love you my lady Mary HenX.

.To everyone here sending you my love.X

Hello LHSG

Yes Stut, I’ve learned.  Dual tapers are definitely a no no.  And yes I am going very SLOW.

Doctors went ok.  Lungs may be from reflux so either elevate the bed or take Nexium.  I asked if a probiotic would work as I don’t want to take Nexium.  Answer was No.  so either Nexium and osteoporosis or not and esophagus cancer.  Hmmmm.  Also probably need to lower my thyroid med.  if I get shaky or palps then that’s what to do.  Evidently the older you get and losing weight I will need less.  So not a bad visit.

Still feeling awful and back pain but still breathing.

Hope everyone is well.

GP: I was reading back a few pages and saw this. If there is any way to avoid Nexium, please do it! These are over-prescribed as well It isn't just osteoporosis; these drugs are really not good for you at all and are difficult to get off. My son is 17 and now doing a taper off of Nexium and this is not easy. There are a lot of things that can help reflux that are not as bad, including taking some melatonin at night, 3 mg, and there are lots of natural remedies as well ... please google them. But I would not go on Nexium unless you were scoped and they actually confirmed acid reflux ... I don't know if that is the case. Hope you feel better.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. These are hard times in the US. I know in my community lots are ignoring social distancing/masks/etc. because they see the protests on TV and think, if thousands can get together, why can't I have a BBQ or a kid's birthday. I wish this wasn't all happening at once. And with things reopening, I am not so sure how much I am going to run out and do. I keep thinking about how we have had a New Year's Eve party for decades and I am already unsure if I would feel comfortable with that. My friend wants me to take a walk with her but that leaves me uncomfortable too. But I need to connect with others outside my immediate family. I know we all have to do what makes us comfortable.

Stay safe.

Hahaa ok, I put it as my avatar for now. This is part of the kitchen floor. I need to sweep. Lol. I am going to check out that link you gave me. I'm a little revved up. Ridiculous. I situ till my body calms down. Hate this sx.  :tickedoff:❤❤

Genius idea! They are very pretty! Maybe eve a little prettier than ours :)

Hello LHSG

Yes Stut, I’ve learned.  Dual tapers are definitely a no no.  And yes I am going very SLOW.

Doctors went ok.  Lungs may be from reflux so either elevate the bed or take Nexium.  I asked if a probiotic would work as I don’t want to take Nexium.  Answer was No.  so either Nexium and osteoporosis or not and esophagus cancer.  Hmmmm.  Also probably need to lower my thyroid med.  if I get shaky or palps then that’s what to do.  Evidently the older you get and losing weight I will need less.  So not a bad visit.

Still feeling awful and back pain but still breathing.

Hope everyone is well.

GP: I was reading back a few pages and saw this. If there is any way to avoid Nexium, please do it! These are over-prescribed as well It isn't just osteoporosis; these drugs are really not good for you at all and are difficult to get off. My son is 17 and now doing a taper off of Nexium and this is not easy. There are a lot of things that can help reflux that are not as bad, including taking some melatonin at night, 3 mg, and there are lots of natural remedies as well ... please google them. But I would not go on Nexium unless you were scoped and they actually confirmed acid reflux ... I don't know if that is the case. Hope you feel better.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. These are hard times in the US. I know in my community lots are ignoring social distancing/masks/etc. because they see the protests on TV and think, if thousands can get together, why can't I have a BBQ or a kid's birthday. I wish this wasn't all happening at once. And with things reopening, I am not so sure how much I am going to run out and do. I keep thinking about how we have had a New Year's Eve party for decades and I am already unsure if I would feel comfortable with that. My friend wants me to take a walk with her but that leaves me uncomfortable too. But I need to connect with others outside my immediate family. I know we all have to do what makes us comfortable.

Stay safe.

I agree about the Nexium! I was on Omeprazole and every dr I talked to including Google told me it is bad news. You need proton pumps to be able to absorb B vitamins, Calcium, and many other essential things. And there are proton pumps not only in your stomach, they are other places in your body that get affected as well. NJ, I had to taper off as well, I went from 40 mg to 0 mg in about 4 months.. I am SO thankful to be off that garbage! Though it really helped me when I was having 24/7 acid reflux due to w/d. It's so hard to know what to take and what not to take.

Olive Kitty:

My son was put on Nexium due to stomach pain, because the doctors didn't know what else to do. He has been on nearly two years. He hadn't been able to get off due to rebound acid and he has too many other things going on so I figured we would taper it once he got off prednisone, which he has been on now for 14 months which is REALLY BAD. We just switched to a new doctor for his Crohn's disease who switched him to 1/2 Prilosec, 1/2 Nexium, and beginning Friday he is supposed to start taking the Nexium every other day, then drop it after two weeks.

The new doc said Nexium can make Crohn's worse. I wasn't thrilled with putting him on it to begin with two years ago but he was in so much pain and such a mess that I let him go on it. I continue to have such distrust with doctors. I really hope this plan works for him--he has been through too much.  I am glad you were able to get off of it. And yes, impossible to know what to do when doctors prescribe something.

Ok, when I moved back into this house, the ond I grew up in, my parents kept it as a rental when we moved. Anyway, the house was a mess. I stained the floor myself! Lol. It was summer and hot and humid! I. on my hands and knees sweating! I was determined to make it look good. No idea what I was doing, it came out ok!!! Hope you are doing well. I am much better today. I slept all weekend! I was sooo depressed. I feel like it lifted. I still feel like a zombie. But better. Lol

Wow.  Thanks for the advice Kitty and NJ.  For the most part I have been avoiding Nexium but yes there is significant damage from reflux.  I’m going to take for one week and back off again.  I wish I could get through this taper quicker but that’s not happening.  I just made a cut yesterday.  I’ll. Google natural alternatives right now.

Thanks again.

Glad you are feeling good DD

Hi gp! Ihave been having reflux too! I am taking pepcid prescribed from an ent. I hope it is ok. Along with some weird mouth crap. I'm sick of this shit! Lol. I also ha e pepto. Man. I hope you can get it checked. Maybe make a telehealth appt. I feel like all this stress in the world made it flare up.  Feel better! Hope the dogs are ok. Ly dd

I have been checked DD.  Reflux that’s why they said Nexium, or Prevacid.  I wonder if that’s better than Nexium.  Probably not.  Everything is bad!  :sick:

Hello everyone,

I've been reading everyone's posts about nexium. I was on it a few years ago for about 3 to 4 months. I didn't taper it I just stopped taking it. I didn't feel any sxs from just stopping. I had no idea it had to be tapered. I hated taking it though not really had no choice. That's when I had upper stomach pain and everything I put in it hurt. Had endoscopy and they found nothing. Still don't know what caused all that pain.. Probably was the benzo and I didn't know any better. I had no idea what Xanax was doing to me at that time.

[6e...]