The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Magnolis, I don't see how your son feels entitled to make any comments, let alone decisions, regarding your medication. Next time you might want to tell him that he's not a doctor and that his misinformed, unsolicited advice is NOT welcome. You're under no obligation to talk to your son if he makes you feel bad and sends you into a wave every time. I agree with Trishy. Just keep holding, try to stay away from stressful people, and wait for windows. It's amazing how so many people who know nothing, feel entitled to give us advice on this drug withdrawal business. Your son has absolutely no power over you and maybe next time tell him you're feeling just fine. Talk very little. Look for the Grey rock technique on YouTube.

Hi Guys.. :)

Thought I was well overdue a visit seems I missed xmas, new years, and valentines day..!! :)

So how r we all doing..?? Any babies..?? -weddings..?? :)

Im hanging in there.. -last med, slowly, slowly, as it goes...

:)

(Its about bed time, -if I dont respond for a while... )

Cantfly what a nice surprise to see you in these realms ☺️🐨🦘

Well thank you Val, :)

Hows that stability coming along..??

Thought I was well overdue a visit seems I missed xmas, new years, and valentines day..!! :)

Spy! You've come home for a visit! So welcome home always nice to see you here. I know Mary haunts you over at your place :laugh: she's under the weather we think but she's going to be so sorry she missed you here at the LHSG.

I don't know if you've read my post to you about the Lyme but I hope so. I haven't checked as I've been hanging here at homebase. Lots of banter going on as usual  :laugh: :laugh:

Off to church my dear friend, yes koalas attend church, but hope to see you later or tomorrow your time.

Stay cool spy 😎🕵️♂️

Trishy🐨

Well thank you Val, :)

Hows that stability coming along..??

Hahaha haha, it's playing hard to get 😁😭

Hi. I’m new to the forum, having discomfort with the format on my iPhone.

I was started on 10mg of Diazepam in 1999 when I couldn’t sleep due to a moldy house. After I moved to a safe environment, neither my doctor nor I had the smarts to get me off it. So the benzo toxicity set in 3 years ago; couldn’t sleep again, bad anxiety. I started tapering off VERY SLOWLY about 9 months ago, got down to 8.3mg, but everything went to hell every time I went down by .1 of a my. Finally, my doctor said that we had to get me sleeping again before all my other health problems made my body crash, he had me go back up to 8.6mg a couple of months ago. So here I sit. I have this symptom that I really need to know if anyone else is getting, PLEASE. 8 months ago, I suddenly started getting this all-over body electrical shocking sensation that is so intense that it’s totally disabling. Once it starts, it’s there for hours—sometimes 9 or 10 hours—until I take a drug to sleep. Please share.

Thanks

Hi. I’m new to the forum, having discomfort with the format on my iPhone.

I was started on 10mg of Diazepam in 1999 when I couldn’t sleep due to a moldy house. After I moved to a safe environment, neither my doctor nor I had the smarts to get me off it. So the benzo toxicity set in 3 years ago; couldn’t sleep again, bad anxiety. I started tapering off VERY SLOWLY about 9 months ago, got down to 8.3mg, but everything went to hell every time I went down by .1 of a my. Finally, my doctor said that we had to get me sleeping again before all my other health problems made my body crash, he had me go back up to 8.6mg a couple of months ago. So here I sit. I have this symptom that I really need to know if anyone else is getting, PLEASE. 8 months ago, I suddenly started getting this all-over body electrical shocking sensation that is so intense that it’s totally disabling. Once it starts, it’s there for hours—sometimes 9 or 10 hours—until I take a drug to sleep. Please share.

Thanks

Hi Phenix,

I've not experienced this myself but if you post this question on the main board you will get answers. Another thing you might do is a search. In the top right hand corner you will find the search box. Type in key words like"  body electricity" posts should come up for you of other members that have experienced this. Nothing it is out of the realm of possibility with benzo's as I have learned for myself.

Good luck! I hope you get answers. Also others here might see your post as I did and give you some more advice.

Trishy

Phoenix I have this electrical wave that washes over my whole body. It's lessening over time. I thought it was my Lexapro withdrawal. I don't know if we're having the same issue. Could you be talking about akathisia? My symptom is a wave of electricity washing through my body. Very unsettling but they're shorter lasting and less frequent. I can't tell in my case if it's the Lexapro or the benzo.

Hi Phenix, welcome!  That sounds terrible about having been affected by a moldy home.  So sorry to hear that.  My nephew has been affected by mold at his college dorm room and could barely finish classes.  He had to move back home for a bit and recover and NOT go back to the dorm.

Yes!  I have had that symptom along with brain zaps that feel like electricity is shooting through my brain.  I also had it as well years ago when I was getting off of an antidepressant.  I think it’s common with Benzo withdrawal. Could be adrenaline surges.  Not sure.    I’ve seen others who have experienced it.  Not everyone does as our issues are all unique to us.  I find for me it comes and goes and usually happens when I make a cut. It’s so uncomfortable and can be frightening.  I’m sorry that it lasts so long for you 9-10 hours.  I usually just have to ride it out. Try not to panic.  I hope you find some support with other posts and has been mentioned try doing a search for past posts. 

Sending you a big hug

Meems

OH MAMA MIA!!!!!!

My daughter in law who used to work for my Rx Dr just told me she has off tomorrow!! She doesn't work for my Dr anymore but she still works in the same medical group! So that means I can't call my Drs office for my Rx tomorrow! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I can not believe the Drs office is closed bc of PRESIDENTS DAY!! Unbelievable, we have too many damn holidays in this country! There's a holiday for everything!! why not have one for ELBOWS AND ASS ****S DAY while we're at it I don't think we have a holiday for that yet!! 😤

I just need to Pace for awhile I think🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🤬🤬🤬🤬

TT, tyrannical Trishy😤😠🤬

Spy! You've come home for a visit! So welcome home always nice to see you here. I know Mary haunts you over at your place :laugh: she's under the weather we think but she's going to be so sorry she missed you here at the LHSG.

I don't know if you've read my post to you about the Lyme but I hope so. I haven't checked as I've been hanging here at homebase. Lots of banter going on as usual  :laugh: :laugh:

Off to church my dear friend, yes koalas attend church, but hope to see you later or tomorrow your time.

Stay cool spy 😎🕵️♂️

Trishy🐨

Hey there K Bear... :)

I must admit there was a spy component to my visit, -A bit worried about Mary Mim..!!??

I did see your thoughtful reply re lime, and got a reply in to all that responded... -Despite having lots of problems getting replies to actually posts.. (its an intermittent problem that drives me nuts..)

I have been slack, I need to take some time out from BB and focus on looking at all this lime info properly..

Have a nice day in the house of God... :)

Hey Olive, Hows California going..?? -And catching up with your friends...?

Val, Strength to you, It can be a long game that tests us in ways we never knew possible, -gut instincts being our most reliable source of info.. :(

Anyways, Im pretty sure Ill still be around here somewhere to celebrate everyones healing..

-Strength and healing to All...

Hi Can't! My girls weekend was great! We spent one night, ate sushi, talked a lot, and went in the hot tub. Then today we went on a Nice long walk along the ocean and went out to brunch. These are all things that I would not have been able to do without major anxiety a year ago. And I would have just stayed in bed 2 years ago... Even though I do not feel 100%, it is such a huge blessing to be able to do simple things outside again.

Trishy!! Mama Mia!!!!! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this! TG you have a stash!!!! Can you imagine if you did not? That is very unprofessional of him to drop the ball on the Rx the day before a long weekend!!!!! I'm sure he will get an earful. Hang in there.

Hi everyone.

Checking in.

Hope all the hard times Im reading about dont keep you down too long. It WILL GET BETTER! I know about those waves! But the slower you go, the easier it will be. But just keep going and hold when you need to. TAKE YOUR TIME!

Everyone goes at their own pace. There is no one right way for everyone.  I’m sure you all have heard that before!

I’m just about 4 months off now. Well i will be in 10 more days. Things  are going very well. So glad I found the long hold support group. I attribute my easy walk off to holding  when I needed to and going real slow! LOTS OF PATIENCE AND SUPPORT FROM RIGHT HERE!

All my prayers and Best thoughts and hopes are with you!

Heathcliff

P.s. My dr calls me a rock star because I kicked the diazepam.

He’s not the doctor who prescribed the diazapam for me. I left that doctor a long time ago.

But this Dr. ...well he is MY rock star...why? His policy is that he will not prescribed benzos for anyone! YAY!

Love this doctor!

Hi Heathcliff! So good to hear from you! And I am SO happy that you are doing well!!!! It is so nice to hear success stories. I have just walked off myself, also very slowly. Sure feels good. Love to everyone.

Awe you guys are giving me hope. The “walk-offers”.  I’m right in the middle of the ride and it feel likes this crazy train (ozzy’s) is never going to freaking end.  I’ll be shaving and measuring pills for what feels like 10 more years.  Sigh...Having a pity party.  I’m allowed.  😔

Good night my buds. 

Meems

Hey MEEMS,

Hold on there! Youare on your way. Just keep your cuts on the very small side and you will find a pattern that works. Don’t be consumed by how long it will take. There is a prize for you at the end, ya know! Patience is a virtue. You can do this!

Heathcliff :smitten::mybuddy: :mybuddy: :oXo:

Hi Olive Kitty,

i am so happy  for you!

Congratulations on winning the battles AND the war!

Hope the months ahead go Smoothly!

Heathcliff :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Heath l am so happy to see a post from you.You deserve to be withdrawal free.l think we must be very mindful that not everything is withdrawal related.There definitely is a fine line where we lose our common sense while tapering.l wish more people like you would post as most people only post when they are suffering so thank you so much for your positive post.Don't forget us however do enjoy your life.love to you.X

Morning Can't l nearly popped open the champers when l saw your post 🎉🍾.Then l read your only here looking for Mary 😕. What a slap on the face 😵. lady Mary will bounce back she always does.We all miss her and hope she is back sometime this week.Thinking of you mate X

. Morning Trish ain't that always the way.It happens here all the time.l tend to reorder my script about a week before l need it so that gives me time to ring around if l need to.Ask them if there is any way this can be prevented in the future.l would imagine you will lose it with them however l think try to keep it as calm as possible and find a way to stop this happening.I hope you start to feel better twiny.love you my lST X

Morning Troch you haven't posted over the weekend are you doing ok?l hope so honey.Love to you.X

Morning Janice l know that pain however l know you will keep us updated on how you are.I really hope you find some respite.love you.X

Morning Meems l hope you are getting some encouragement from Olive and Heath.l for one am not hurrying l am not going to say it is easy however l have been here long enough to know people who do long slow tapers have had easier post withdrawal symptoms.l don't care how long it takes me l need to be functional and that is enough at this time.love you.X

Morning Olive you are doing great honey.Ofcourse you are not feeling great however you are able to get out and about that has to be enough at this time.l have no doubt you will heal and thrive.love you.X

Morning Suzy where did you go?Are you ok honey?We are here if you want a chat.love you.X

Morning Mags yes this is non linear so there is a lot of yo yoing which makes holding so difficult.Try to cope the best you can honey this takes a long time and you need to be very patient which is so hard.Your son is worried and l have to say if l wasn't going through this l would probably be saying the same thing.Try to not let it annoy you honey.You are doing the best you can and that is all any of us can do at this time.love to you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Bill GP Miyu Nova Final  Esperanza NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Heath l am so happy to see a post from you.You deserve to be withdrawal free.l think we must be very mindful that not everything is withdrawal related.There definitely is a fine line where we lose our common sense while tapering.l wish more people like you would post as most people only post when they are suffering so thank you so much for your positive post.Don't forget us however do enjoy your life.love to you.X

Morning Can't l nearly popped open the champers when l saw your post 🎉🍾.Then l read your only here looking for Mary 😕. What a slap on the face 😵. lady Mary will bounce back she always does.We all miss her and hope she is back sometime this week.Thinking of you mate X

. Morning Trish ain't that always the way.It happens here all the time.l tend to reorder my script about a week before l need it so that gives me time to ring around if l need to.Ask them if there is any way this can be prevented in the future.l would imagine you will lose it with them however l think try to keep it as calm as possible and find a way to stop this happening.I hope you start to feel better twiny.love you my lST X

Morning Troch you haven't posted over the weekend are you doing ok?l hope so honey.Love to you.X

Morning Janice l know that pain however l know you will keep us updated on how you are.I really hope you find some respite.love you.X

Morning Meems l hope you are getting some encouragement from Olive and Heath.l for one am not hurrying l am not going to say it is easy however l have been here long enough to know people who do long slow tapers have had easier post withdrawal symptoms.l don't care how long it takes me l need to be functional and that is enough at this time.love you.X

Morning Olive you are doing great honey.Ofcourse you are not feeling great however you are able to get out and about that has to be enough at this time.l have no doubt you will heal and thrive.love you.X

Morning Suzy where did you go?Are you ok honey?We are here if you want a chat.love you.X

Morning Mags yes this is non linear so there is a lot of yo yoing which makes holding so difficult.Try to cope the best you can honey this takes a long time and you need to be very patient which is so hard.Your son is worried and l have to say if l wasn't going through this l would probably be saying the same thing.Try to not let it annoy you honey.You are doing the best you can and that is all any of us can do at this time.love to you.X

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Bill GP Miyu Nova Esperanza NJ and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning twinny,

I woke up with scratchy throat, think I'm getting a cold 😔.. ya know I just have the luck of a dead leprauchan. Can't imagine what Mary has but I think it's safe to say that she's sick. I hope it's not flu. I wish she'd just check in so we know she's ok, maybe we'll hear something today.

So no med! Damn Drs!  :tickedoff: good thing I have a stash. All buddies need to have a stash. Emergencies do arise. What if I didn't have one? I'd be at the emergency room or trying to find a Dr on call for him to prescribe ,which here in this country wouldn't be easy not in my State. Uhgg.. Yukky Monday twin. I think I'm going with my dil later for an ultrasound. I get another peak at my grandson 😁 He'll be here in July. I'm also concerned about tapering this year bc I'm going to be getting him in October 5 days a week! I'll be watching him full time. Idk, lots going on in my mind plus my intrusive thoughts that are horrifying 😳 ahhhhh well one day at a time I suppose.

Anywho, you have a great day, be talking to you soon.

Love you!

LST ❤️

Morning everyone!

Rise and shine🌞.. let's get at it LHSG'ers! Time to cut and hold rinse and repeat! Up and at em! Mary used to say "up and Adam" in the morning but don't tell her I told you that :laugh: :laugh:  ;)

So come my people join me in hell today 😁 Ok I'm going a bit negative here sorry about that. You know we're tough and we've got this! We're pros and as we've heard from Heath, hi Heath!, there is an end to this! She made it out, Olive made it out and so many more have made it out, we will too! We will prevail BB warriors and continue marching on to the finish line. 💪

Mama Mia!

TT ❤️

[3b...]