Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oh that sounds so nice tt! It was pretty quiet. The typical bwd holiday  :laugh: Jim got me a tablet case. My ex bf used to get me the most beautiful cards. He had his good points. Oh, I wish I had some chocalate!!

Oh la-la a tablet case! You got gifts.. I guess my Italian had turned to French. Yes, definitely feeling French right now.. :laugh: :laugh:

Oh yes chocolate! I told Rich no chocolate bc of the growing Trishy trunk but wee wee in Paree ( Paris) bonjorno to the 🍫 chocolate .. Ok back to English my French bites 😂😂

Omg Olive Kitty.  I remember West Cliff and walking along there.  I lived on the border of pleasure point and Capitola.  I used to work in Scott’s Valley.  It was beautiful there and gosh I miss living so close to the ocean.  However, Being an native LA girl I needed more “city” so I moved over the hill to San Jose.  Gosh I really wanted to live in San Francisco but it was too far from work.  I did spend a lot of time hanging out in the city and East Bay.  But I found my way back to LA.  I’m a so cal girl.  Santa Cruz is a very “unique” place.  Lol.  But ohhhhh, the ocean!!!!  Miss it.  If I wasn’t too freaked out to drive, I would drive to our beaches here. Too much LA traffic.  One day, when I’m Benzo free. 

Happy Valentine’s Day to my lovely LHSG family. 

Thank you Intend.  Today is a better day with the depression and I am going to hold out a bit.  That’s funny about Los Angeles.  I live here and yes it’s quite the experience.  I’ve lived in San Francisco Bay Area and Santa Cruz, Ca.  I also lived in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.  God I would love to taper/wd there.  Ahhhhhhhh.  Vitamin D, peace and warm water.  Maui would be good too. 

I bought myself a small heart shaped chocolate mousse cake today for Valentines.  Yay! 

Trishy- glad you’re going to hold.  as Mary said, listen to you’re gut! 

And I love “our Mary.”  I love you all.  Lots and lots of love and healing for my buddies (ALL OF YOU) on love day. 

Meems❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Meems, I grew up in Santa Cruz! And I’m actually here right now. Went in a walk on West Cliff today, it was beautiful.

Thanks Intend and Trishy, happy VD! I’m not doing anything, but it’s nice to feel the love 💝

Santa Cruz you lucky duck! I've never lived anywhere but Connecticut and I probably will be here until I die. Oh what a sad life .. Mama Mia!! Everyone lives in beautiful places but me 😤.. it's my new thing Olive, I'm swearing in Italian don't be alarmed by it :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you enjoyed your walk :)

Lots of love lady 💝

Meems and Olive I have to ask you guys.. Aren't you afraid of the earthquakes? I'm sure you guys must have experienced a few living there. I remember one here, it was in 1984 I believe. I was pregnant and laying in bed when it felt like a big truck just drove down the road and I felt a little vibration and the windows rattled a little. It was like a 2 if that so it wasn't much. I can't imagine what you guys might have experience.

Oh, Mama Mia!  Well shit, my dad grew up in Maine and migrated out here to CA for a job in San Diego and met my mom.  I remember spending weeks in the summertime in Maine.  It was so damn humid.  I remember flying into Logan Airport in Boston over the harbor thinking we were going to crash into it.  New England is awesome too.  The water is too cold though.  But the lobster 🦞 is good.  I’d never survive the winters.  Don’t know how a person can taper/wd in five inches of snow. 

I live in Massachusetts, what beauty is here. Dead trees. Cold. The ocean is nice. I do like the seasons though. Mama mia!  :laugh:

Now I've been to Massachusetts many times lol!! Cape cod is really nice. My cousin has a house near the beach. I've been to race point, the ocean is massive 😲 Mama Mia! :D:laugh:

Trishy, we just had earthquakes this summer.  In July, mind you in the midst of a taper and dizziness, I’m standing at my bedroom dresser and the ground is swaying underneath me.  Omg!  Talk about anxiety and panic attacks! 

Hehehe, My brother lives on the Cape. I do love the cape, so so pretty! I would love to have a cottage near the beach. Oh, that would be the best. I live near Nantasket Beachl were the old Paragon Park was. Oh I miss Paragon park and the rickety old Roller Coaster!

Oh, Mama Mia!  Well shit, my dad grew up in Maine and migrated out here to CA for a job in San Diego and met my mom.  I remember spending weeks in the summertime in Maine.  It was so damn humid.  I remember flying into Logan Airport in Boston over the harbor thinking we were going to crash into it.  New England is awesome too.  The water is too cold though.  But the lobster 🦞 is good.  I’d never survive the winters.  Don’t know how a person can taper/wd in five inches of snow.

Oh Mama Mia meems! the humidity is wicked bad here! Wicked is a mass word now DD should know that lol! Summer's are brutal with the heat and humidity together. You can't survive summer here without ac it's a must have. I have a pool and ac can't be without either of them. Shit snow?? What snow? We hardly had any this year. Global warming is for real. I remember snow up to my neck as a kid but it's rare to see a winter like that anymore. Although a few years back we literally had to rake our roofs bc we had so much snow that roof's were collapsing everywhere around here. It was crazy that year! But winters are not that bad as far as snow goes anymore.

My husband comes from Maine. He's French Canadian and his first language was French but he can't speak a word of it now, he lost it all. Who knows meems maybe your dad and my husband are related. My husband has a million cousins. He also has a very famous last name and we often wonder if there's relation to this person?? It's a small world ya never know🤷

My dad is/was (he’s passed) French Canadian with a very common French name.  He spoke fluent French.  His mom and dad immigrated from Quebec.  He never taught us kids how to speak French.  I did our family history when he passed 4 years ago and we have a ton of relatives in Quebec.  I even tracked a couple of them down on FB.  One of which speaks English.  The others don’t.  I want to visit there. 

Trishy, we just had earthquakes this summer.  In July, mind you in the midst of a taper and dizziness, I’m standing at my bedroom dresser and the ground is swaying underneath me.  Omg!  Talk about anxiety and panic attacks!

I would of have a heart attack. One of my brother in law's has a sister who lives in California and she has slept in her driveway after a couple of big ones out there. They must be terrifying but something I guess you just get used to living there. Like I can't understand how people live in 🌪️ tornado places like Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas.. We've had small ones here and that's scary enough. 😱

My dad is/was (he’s passed) French Canadian with a very common French name.  He spoke fluent French.  His mom and dad immigrated from Quebec.  He never taught us kids how to speak French.  I did our family history when he passed 4 years ago and we have a ton of relatives in Quebec.  I even tracked a couple of them down on FB.  One of which speaks English.  The others don’t.  I want to visit there.

Oh wow!! That's interesting. My husband literally has 92 first cousins! His father had 11 siblings! His mother had 6 siblings and they all went on to have ginormous family's.. You know those French they're very.. well ya know ;):laugh: :laugh: I had two kids 13 months apart called time out and yelled someone call the vasectomy Dr! 😂😂.. snip, snip for Rich no more kids for this girl!  :laugh: :laugh:

Trishy, I was on the phone with my cousin and said “omg were having an earthquake.  It’s ok, just breathe.”  And when you have an earthquake and it ends you just wait for the aftershock.  It’s insane.  I used to work in a high rise in downtown LA (38 floor) when we had an earthquake.  I almost had a heart attack as I already an anxiety fight or flight issue.  When you work in those big tall buildings they make you take safety courses when you are hired for things like earthquakes.  It’s not an ideal place for someone with an anxiety disorder to work.  Eeeeks!  And then we have fires 🔥 out here every year too.  A good friend of mine has a son who is a fire fighter and she was a mess when we had the latest round of fires.  Another friend goes and rescues horses.  It’s insane. 

Trishy, I was on the phone with my cousin and said “omg were having an earthquake.  It’s ok, just breathe.”  And when you have an earthquake and it ends you just wait for the aftershock.  It’s insane.  I used to work in a high rise in downtown LA (38 floor) when we had an earthquake.  I almost had a heart attack as I already an anxiety fight or flight issue.  When you work in those big tall buildings they make you take safety courses when you are hired for things like earthquakes.  It’s not an ideal place for someone with an anxiety disorder to work.  Eeeeks!  And then we have fires 🔥 out here every year too.  A good friend of mine has a son who is a fire fighter and she was a mess when we had the latest round of fires.  Another friend goes and rescues horses.  It’s insane.

I can't even imagine I wouldn't last a day out there 😱.. Never mind working in a high rise! I don't know how you did that especially with anxiety issues, had to be very hard for you. Actually Meems you have more courage then you think, you worked there with your anxiety knowing the risk and that takes guts girl!

I see the fires on TV every year. I watch CNN a lot and they always cover that. It's so sad to see people lose their homes and the poor animals. The fires over in Australia were really bad, that was heartbreaking to watch on TV. I don't know I think I'll stay here in New England and freeze my buns off its safer, a little frost bite never hurt anyone :laugh: :laugh:

Haha memes, I should order a pizza!!!  :laugh: oh, I would freak out if we had an earthquake. That is so scary! That and Tornadddos! Fires too. We get hurricanes here but usually they aren't too bad. I do remember the year we had to shovel our roofs. There was so much snow and it just kept coming every week. You could barely get out of the house. Some days we had these snow thunderstorm things and we still had to work. Unbelievable!

Haha memes, I should order a pizza!!!  :laugh: oh, I would freak out if we had an earthquake. That is so scary! That and Tornadddos! Fires too. We get hurricanes here but usually they aren't too bad. I do remember the year we had to shovel our roofs. There was so much snow and it just kept coming every week. You could barely get out of the house. Some days we had these snow thunderstorm things and we still had to work. Unbelievable!

OMG you remember that year of the snow!! Holy mama Mia! Now that was snow! It was like living in Colorado! It was like someone turned on the snow machine and it just kept coming and coming and coming with no end in sight. I swear we were buried in it until July that year! The thunder snow was wild! I never raked a roof in my life until that year, I'd never even heard of it until that year. We were always going out through the garage bc the doors were buried in snow.. That was a crazy winter for sure!

It is “wicked” insane.  How does a person shovel snow off the roof?  LOLOLOL! 

I had to stop watching the news on Australian fires.  All the kangaroos and koala bears.  Every time something popped up on my FB news feed I just had to pass right over it.  Not cause I don’t care but it broke my heart to pieces. 

Now hurricanes- I Was in a category 4 hurricane (Hurricane Hugo in 1989) when I lived in St Thomas (which in my dreams is where I want to do my taper/wd) and I was a cocktail waitress in a hotel bar and all of us workers hunkered down in the hotel for a couple days until it passed.  The studio apartment of the house we rented was demolished.  But us hotel workers partied the whole time through the hurricane.  I was a wild child!  But for real, hurricanes are bad.  Global warming my friends!  Sigh...

[8c...]