Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish awe that damn fear never goes.lt is natural we really don't want to suffer and when we cut generally we do.l know you will get through this honey I know you are scared but you have to just cut a little and wait.l really believe you have the best tool of all holding really helps you quicker than most here so use it.l know you want this over with trust me l do as well however for now we do what we can and know we will get through this.l know you are going to get off this poison so go for it honey.We are all here for you.love you my lST X

Morning Troch it sounds as though you have a good one there.What she said is very true anxiety can cause weight lose and exhaustion.On top of that withdrawal can cause both as well so it is a double whammy.The weight will come back when you get to a more stable place.I hope you have a better day.love to you.X

Morning Suzy well done my love.l think it is always good to declutter.l know you are feeling the up and down of withdrawal and l have to say that is very normal for me.I know that is the hardest part however hopefully the longer you hold the shorter the blips.l hope you have a good day.love you.X

Morning Olive l am delighted you got home safely.l am so glad you are here my love you are such an inspiration.l can only hope to be as functional as you are.l know you don't feel normal however you are still living life and that is amazing.I am so proud of you.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary I forget you don't know our vocabulary 😉. Honestly you wouldn't understand a word if you came here.We speak very differently.Thank you for the update on Gilly that is brilliant news.l am so happy she is able to get out of the house.Tell her l am proud of her.We are here if and when she needs us.As for you l hope your eyes give you a break today and your mood isn't too low.Keep shining 😂😜. love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Meems have you had your blood taken yet?l hope everything goes smoothly my love.love to you.X

Morning Esperanza Gilly Valley Free Olive Bill NJ Nova Miyu Espy Final GP Janice and everyone here sending you my love.X

Thanks for checking in on me Stut, now and before.  I am okayish.  Met a friend for tea yesterday and maybe another today.  My sleep is not great but I'm holding the intention that it will heal when I'm off. 

I'm still squeaking down on my taper. Once I realized that there will always be some symptoms for me as I taper, I had to figure out how much I could tolerate without making myself incapacitated. I created a scale that I first called my suffering scale but now call my tolerance scale. It helped me shift away from blaming myself if I felt symptoms because there will always be withdrawal symptoms for me of varying intensity.  As long as I stay in a range I can tolerate, I continue my slow taper and if it changes, I hold.

I hope you are doing all right Stut and that your hold is giving a little relief.  Also hope your daughter is well and that your sister and aunt are stable.

Hello to everyone in LHSG. I've been reading some but haven't been posting much. I'm wishing everyone the strength to get through another day of benzo withdrawal.  We all deserve a break.

I love you changed the name from suffering to tolerable.  I am very much looking at how you are numbering when I begin to cut FH, and I think how we "name" things matter.  Good for you.  Really happy you are getting out for ️ tea.  LY. 💜💜💜

Thanks Mary. Yes how we name things matter.  The scale seems to be working.  Doesn't take away the angst of all this but gives me perspective. 

Hope you are okay and I know you will be able to taper again. How you do it will come to you as you mull it over. 

Morning Trish awe that damn fear never goes.lt is natural we really don't want to suffer and when we cut generally we do.l know you will get through this honey I know you are scared but you have to just cut a little and wait.l really believe you have the best tool of all holding really helps you quicker than most here so use it.l know you want this over with trust me l do as well however for now we do what we can and know we will get through this.l know you are going to get off this poison so go for it honey.We are all here for you.love you my lST X

Morning Troch it sounds as though you have a good one there.What she said is very true anxiety can cause weight lose and exhaustion.On top of that withdrawal can cause both as well so it is a double whammy.The weight will come back when you get to a more stable place.I hope you have a better day.love to you.X

Morning Suzy well done my love.l think it is always good to declutter.l know you are feeling the up and down of withdrawal and l have to say that is very normal for me.I know that is the hardest part however hopefully the longer you hold the shorter the blips.l hope you have a good day.love you.X

Morning Olive l am delighted you got home safely.l am so glad you are here my love you are such an inspiration.l can only hope to be as functional as you are.l know you don't feel normal however you are still living life and that is amazing.I am so proud of you.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary I forget you don't know our vocabulary 😉. Honestly you wouldn't understand a word if you came here.We speak very differently.Thank you for the update on Gilly that is brilliant news.l am so happy she is able to get out of the house.Tell her l am proud of her.We are here if and when she needs us.As for you l hope your eyes give you a break today and your mood isn't too low.Keep shining 😂😜. love you my lady Mary HenX

. Morning Meems have you had your blood taken yet?l hope everything goes smoothly my love.love to you.X

Morning Esperanza Gilly Valley Free Olive Bill NJ Nova Miyu Espy Final GP Janice and everyone here sending you my love.X

Hi Stut.

Yes, I’m still here reading along. It’s now a habit of mine as I often do not have much to add in the way of tapering or even about me.

I’m still in this damn pattern of having literally a really good day, and the next day I get confused and will not go anywhere unless someone else drives. I’m hoping to break this pattern by doing a good long hold so I sure hope that these “blips” as you call them go away with this long hold. I have way too much to do to put up with this.

Yes, Mary is moving back as Brad had serious problems at his job. He now has resigned, and has a very good new job as head perfusionist at ST. Marks hospital here. And the couple across the street from us have just built a 7,500 square foot house with every luxury one can imagine at the suburb down the road from us. So the house across the street is now vacant. He is the builder of both houses. And the one across the street from us is rather luxurious also. Not as big, but fantastic inside. So Mary and Brad are coming this weekend, and if they like it, they will buy it. So now I could have them living right across the street from us. We’ll have to see how that goes. But if it’s happening, it’s happening. So as today is a good day, I’m taking advantage of that to get many things done. And I hope all is well with you and your family. ❤️

Hey Intend, I hope you find a way to have really good days all the time, but then you will have to mentor me!! I would be thrilled with a really good day every other day.  Hope your weather has improved.  ACROSS the street, Run!!  No I am just picking on you.  I know it will give you some comfort to have her there and we will get the full story of Mary and Brad.  You may need to start a thread.  :laugh: :laugh:  love you woman, Pepper, and Dan 🐈🐾🐾🐾 🌹🌹🌹🌹. 🚂🚂🚂🚂💋

Mary, me too! I need to have a constant ability to do what I need to do everyday. Gads, how would I mentor you? Hmmm. If you do this DLMT I have no idea. I know there holds in there for many while others just do it everyday. But I’ve already tried both. It takes about 3-4 days of tapering, and those w/d sx start hitting me hard, and then they pile up on me and I have to stop and hold for a very, very long time. And with all these generic changes, I’m now having to hold for months just to cut a very small amount. 

Oh yes, I’m wary of having Mary and Brad across the street from us. But found out yesterday that Mary has also had some success with jobs for her. She’s pretty tenacious so I’m fairly sure she’ll keep trying till she gets one. She tells me she determined to be on the deed of any house she and Brad both live in together. It’s a true soap opera there, so maybe a book would work.

Our weather is still cold at night and mornings, but no snow in sight yet. This is an area that’s is somewhat hard to predict weather wise as we have mountains all around here-the Wasatch to the east and north and the Oquirrhs to the west. And then there’s the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range further to the west. Essentially, these weather people here seem to get everything wrong unless it’s a massive snow storm.

Im going to do some finances since I have my brain today. 🧠 🧠☀️🌟 🌈  Love you! 🌹 🥀 🚂 🛠 🐈 🐾

💛🧡❤️

Thanks for checking in on me Stut, now and before.  I am okayish.  Met a friend for tea yesterday and maybe another today.  My sleep is not great but I'm holding the intention that it will heal when I'm off. 

I'm still squeaking down on my taper. Once I realized that there will always be some symptoms for me as I taper, I had to figure out how much I could tolerate without making myself incapacitated. I created a scale that I first called my suffering scale but now call my tolerance scale. It helped me shift away from blaming myself if I felt symptoms because there will always be withdrawal symptoms for me of varying intensity.  As long as I stay in a range I can tolerate, I continue my slow taper and if it changes, I hold.

I hope you are doing all right Stut and that your hold is giving a little relief.  Also hope your daughter is well and that your sister and aunt are stable.

Hello to everyone in LHSG. I've been reading some but haven't been posting much. I'm wishing everyone the strength to get through another day of benzo withdrawal.  We all deserve a break.

I love you changed the name from suffering to tolerable.  I am very much looking at how you are numbering when I begin to cut FH, and I think how we "name" things matter.  Good for you.  Really happy you are getting out for ️ tea.  LY. 💜💜💜

Thanks Mary. Yes how we name things matter.  The scale seems to be working.  Doesn't take away the angst of all this but gives me perspective. 

Hope you are okay and I know you will be able to taper again. How you do it will come to you as you mull it over.

Final, that’s a very good way to put this-“How you do it will come to you as you mull it over.”

I’ll just add that going slowly gives one the ability to stop and rethink and readjust until the taper plan is figured out.

Hello all, so since I tried to do one big cut on Jan 6 from 5 to 4.5 mg (this was how I was doing it since 10mg) I’ve been doing daily micro taper cuts on my scale that are like 0.001-0.002, and I think that’s was what causing me some sxs.  Now I’m down to 4.75mg v.  So I think I need to hold for a bit.  I thought “well these are tiny reductions how could they hurt.”  So anyways, I’ll hold here.  Today rough day with emotions.  Depressed, alone, fear and anxiety.  Part of me feels like I might need an AD.  Idk.

I’m sitting in my car waiting for my mom to finish her hair appt.  that’s a whole other can of worms.  At least it’s beautiful here in so. Cal. 

This whole thing is a nightmare. 

I hope you all are ok today.  Love and hugs to you!

Meems💗

Hello all, so since I tried to do one big cut on Jan 6 from 5 to 4.5 mg (this was how I was doing it since 10mg) I’ve been doing daily micro taper cuts on my scale that are like 0.001-0.002, and I think that’s was what causing me some sxs.  Now I’m down to 4.75mg v.  So I think I need to hold for a bit.  I thought “well these are tiny reductions how could they hurt.”  So anyways, I’ll hold here.  Today rough day with emotions.  Depressed, alone, fear and anxiety.  Part of me feels like I might need an AD.  Idk.

I’m sitting in my car waiting for my mom to finish her hair appt.  that’s a whole other can of worms.  At least it’s beautiful here in so. Cal. 

Meems💗

Meems I have learned from my own taper that cuts catch up with you. Benzo has this weird creepy lag time. You go along cutting not feeling too bad then weeks or even months can pass and then you get hit with the big ol benzo hammer! Bam!! Smacks you down. I have had that happen to me twice! Second time affecting me worse than the first time. Low and slow is my new game. Cut a little then give it weeks to see what comes. It's a longgggg taper but the difference is suffering a lot as opposed to a little ⚖️🤔.. I'll take a little suffering. What I have found is that I don't feel the effects right away. I might feel a little off say 3 days after a cut but as the days go on I would get progressively worse. So imagine if you're cutting every just a tiny amount those cuts are going to add up and cause you days if not weeks or months of suffering and for your body to balance back out.

This has been my experience.

Hold tight of you can. I know the depression can be crushing from bwd but it will subside with a long enough hold. I have been there my friend.

TT ❤️

Hello everyone,

I had planned a cut for Saturday but not sure I can go through with it. I don't feel ready. I'm not sure what I will do. I've lost courage to go forward. I hope I can snap out of this. I'm really terrified to move ahead. I might hold another 2 weeks to a month. I am just so terrified. I can usually push through the fear but idk this time around. 😔

TT ❤️

Hey twin,

I'm really terrified and I'm now two days from tapering and don't think I have the courage to do it 😔.. I'm upset about not being ready. I have held for about 6 weeks I should be ready to move forward but I'm not. I'm almost paralyzed by this fear. I think I'm having winter anxiety too. It's dark, rainy and gray here most days and I'm not very busy. I usually keep myself on the go but I have no ambition to do anything. I usually have winter blues every year so I definitely think that's part of it. Ugh🤦‍♀️ idk what to do..

How are you getting along? Are you keeping busy? What have you been up to over there in the emerald isle? How's your weather been?

Love you woman!

LST ❤️

Hello everyone,

I had planned a cut for Saturday but not sure I can go through with it. I don't feel ready. I'm not sure what I will do. I've lost courage to go forward. I hope I can snap out of this. I'm really terrified to move ahead. I might hold another 2 weeks to a month. I am just so terrified. I can usually push through the fear but idk this time around. 😔

TT ❤️

Trishy, your gut is telling you too soon.  Listen to it, you can wait another week or 2 if you need it.  No pushing, just that word should tell you, let's see how I feel next week.  :)

I think I'm sick.  I woke up from my nap hurting all over and now can't get warm :-\. Can't find my thermometer  :(. I haven't been sick since I have been tapering .  I am so hoping I'm wrong.  Ugh :-[

Meems, I agree with you and Trishy.  Time to hold.  Just hang out with us, and let your brain and cns

catch up with your cuts.  LY 💜💜💜💜

Hello everyone,

TT ❤️

Trishy, your gut is telling you too soon.  Listen to it, you can wait another week or 2 if you need it.  No pushing, just that word should tell you, let's see how I feel next week.  :)

I think I'm sick.  I woke up from my nap hurting all over and now can't get warm :-\. Can't find my thermometer  :(. I haven't been sick since I have been tapering .  I am so hoping I'm wrong.  Ugh :-[

Oh no mmmmm's I hope you're not sick. Was Tim sick at all? What are your symtoms? Have Tim run out and get you a thermometer if you can't find yours. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, last thing any of us need is sickness on top of wd 😣

I'll see how I feel Saturday but I won't push it if I'm feeling like I am today. Bc right now I've 0 courage :(

Love U,

TT, terrified 😱❤️

Hey intend,

I read Mary might be moving next door 😳.. Can you and Dan handle that without going crazy? I know you love her but can you live that closely to her? Well my door is always open for ya, just hop on a plane and take refuge here! 😉

How's the weather there? It's absolutely dreadful here. Rainy, gray days 😣

Love to you Dan and little Pepper ❤️

Hi tt,

I agree with mm. No need to rush. If you are not ready maybe you should listen to that. You have had a lot of stress over the last month. Plus the weather. So maybe hold off a bit. Ly dd

Oh mm,

I hope you are not sick! Maybe you need to rest from the exercise. Sometimes I feel a little sick if I do to much, which to the average person is really nothing. Let us know how you are doing. Ly dd

Hi Trishy,

I think if you are not ready to cut then just keep holding. In the early days of my taper I used to plan when I was going to cut, but I finally learned to just go with the flow and cut when I was feeling ready. That is why my timeline has a year and a half hold in it! Then when I was ready to taper I just knew it. And after that I was able to taper about once a month and it was so much easier. Be easy on yourself! Try to not have a plan, I know that is hard.

Mary I hope you are not getting sick! Well if you are, I hope it passes quickly. Sending you chicken soup!

Meems, sending love. I know it can be so hard! I don't think you need an AD. Did you feel like this ever before benzos? That's how I knew I didn't need an AD, because I never had these symptoms before w/d.

Thanks Stut for cheering me on! I am getting out there, even if it is not as good as I want it to be. I hope you are enjoying your time with your family.

Intend, Final, GP, Suzy, Espy, Bill, VNM (how you doing?) everyone else, I hope you are managing!

Meems💗

I’m back everyone. What a day of traffic!

So, meems I just saw your post, but I agree with you and the others. Just hold until you feel ok to cut, and please don’t get an AD. These benzos often cause some depression, but it will get better. It’s just not worth having to taper another drug, and it will make another change in your CNS. 🧡

Mary sick? I hope by now you checked this out and are resting. ❤️❤️

Trish, well, you’ve heard it enough, but don’t cut if you no desire to do so. No point in being a nervous wreck when you’re already a nervous wreck. Just try to relax and watch tv. That’s my relaxation technique. 💛💛

And yes, Mary’s moving back and could be living across the street. I’ll handle it, but if I get too upset, make up that spare room. And I’ll bring Dan and Pepper. That should make you really calm. 🤓😜🥵🥺😩

DD, I’m ready to go with you and ET. 👽 Completely worn out. 💤

OK, so glad you’re now in spring weather. But really, Oregon is great weather and such a neat place to live. I love it. 🌺

Intend, so true! I love Oregon so much! I will be back up in March sometime. Who is Mary? I have heard you talk a lot about her and it took me awhile to figure out that it wasn't our Mary Haha!

Haha Intend!

We are coming for you too! We all need a break. Hoping Et shows up soon. Be ready! ❤👽💫

Sounds like you had a hectic day, you sound good though. Hope your eyes are better. Mine feel ok today. Hoping it stays that way 3🙂

Intend, so true! I love Oregon so much! I will be back up in March sometime. Who is Mary? I have heard you talk a lot about her and it took me awhile to figure out that it wasn't our Mary Haha!

OK, Mary is our oldest daughter. Our spoiled rotten daughter. Our Mary here is the nicest person. No spoiling her.

Yes, Oregon is my favorite state. And I’ve lived in Los Angeles also with Dans family. Now that was an experience. And been to Sacramento and all over Napa Valley. Also to Massachusetts where we vacationed. Saw Nantucket, Hyannis, Taunton (famous for Lizzie Borden ), Providence on the tip of Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island and Delaware.

And here I am in Utah. Hmmm.

Haha Intend!

We are coming for you too! We all need a break. Hoping Et shows up soon. Be ready! ❤👽💫

Sounds like you had a hectic day, you sound good though. Hope your eyes are better. Mine feel ok today. Hoping it stays that way 3🙂

DD, it was a hectic day. I’m packed and ready to go! And my eyes are doing good. One more day of these drops, and hopefully, that’s it. 👁👌

OK, Mary is our oldest daughter. Our spoiled rotten daughter. Our Mary here is the nicest person. No spoiling her.

Yes, Oregon is my favorite state. And I’ve lived in Los Angeles also with Dans family. Now that was an experience. And been to Sacramento and all over Napa Valley. Also to Massachusetts where we vacationed. Saw Nantucket, Hyannis, Taunton (famous for Lizzie Borden ), Providence on the tip of Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island and Delaware.

And here I am in Utah. Hmmm.

Ahhh thank you for the clarification!

Morning Lady Mary hen l really hope you aren't sick.lt could be a benzo withdrawal symptom however if you have a virus drink plenty of fluids and rest as much as you can.l know you aren't going to feel great for a while however it will pass in a week.Stay strong my lovely.lf Tim wants a hiding place my door is always open 😜.l did mention Gilly in my post to you honey.Were you wearing Tim's glasses again 🤔😘.It was my two sisters no they got a sandwich and a cuppa just stayed a couple of hours for a catch-up.Look after yourself sweetheart and l will be back next week.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Trish please don't panic honey.Listen you will cut when the time is right.l really don't think this l will cut in 2 weeks nonsense works as it gives you 2 weeks of increasing anxiety so when you cut just do it.l am never going to tell you you are wrong not to cut it really is your decision sweetheart.lt will happen when you are ready.love you my lST X

Morning Intend l didn't see that one coming.l think it is nice to have family near however there is a problem when they are too near.l hope you set down a few ground rules with Mary.l think that would help from the word go.l hope you do hold my love and it works well for you.l think it will take a long time however it may help you more than you think.love to you and Dan.X

Morning Final great to hear from you my love.l know you will get off the benzo you are doing better than you were l think.Well done my lovely.As you say this is about keeping functional to a degree so keep doing what you are doing.l will always want to know how you are honey you may not be holding however you are one of us.love to you.X

Morning Troch how did the physio go yesterday.l hope you found it helped.Stay strong honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy l have a lot of space cadets living near me so if you are looking probed l am sure they would oblige 😵. Just take one day at a time honey.love you.X

Morning Meems hold as long as you need to honey.We do what we must so we can move forward.love you.X

Morning Olive yes you aren't where you want to be however l am perfectly sure you are doing more than you were doing during your taper.You will definitely recover honey.love you.X

Morning GP, Janice Gilly Valley Free Bill Miyu Nova Esperanza and everyone here sending you my love.X

[14...]