The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi stut,  So good to here from you. Hope you are feeling well. Im.ok. just been drained with my anxiety am my bf. I feel like a loser for letting this happened to me.  If i never relapsed drinking after 15 years sober. This would not have happened. I am starting to put together the pieces and there not pretty. I didnt have a clue. How long i suffered wothout knowing. Kind of bummed me out. But im ok. I know now you cant he playing with these meds or they will get you. Boy were mine messed with. So a little sad. Im going to get out and walk. Thanks for thinking of me it means alot to me. Love you Suzy

Hi stut,  So good to here from you. Hope you are feeling well. Im.ok. just been drained with my anxiety am my bf. I feel like a loser for letting this happened to me.  If i never relapsed drinking after 15 years sober. This would not have happened. I am starting to put together the pieces and there not pretty. I didnt have a clue. How long i suffered wothout knowing. Kind of bummed me out. But im ok. I know now you cant he playing with these meds or they will get you. Boy were mine messed with. So a little sad. Im going to get out and walk. Thanks for thinking of me it means alot to me. Love you Suzy

Awe Suzy welcome to the flaws of being human.l could sit here and beat myself up about this but it isn't going to make one damn bit of difference.Hingsight is a wonderful thing which none of us have until it's too late.As for your bf well he has two choices one he can support you or two he doesn't.He has to be in this for the long haul this is a long slow process which really can't be rushed.If he doesn't understand that then he will have to learn fast.l know how frustrating this is not just for us but for everyone around us but it can't be changed.

Go out for your walk honey and do what you can.That has to be enough for now.love you.X

Been at 5 mg Valium a month and a half.....not doing great. I think I am if anything backsliding,  increased insomnia, panic and palpitations.  Is it time for a modest 5%cut?

Been at 5 mg Valium a month and a half.....not doing great. I think I am if anything backsliding,  increased insomnia, panic and palpitations.  Is it time for a modest 5%cut?

Joy, have you thought about a dlmt.  A lot of people find them easier and better able to handle when you get lower.  Just a thought.  You can read about it on Titration Taper.  Mary

Hey everyone, not feeling great but thinking of you all.  Going to see if my pdoc will let me hold for 3 months.  Been tapering 2  1/2 years, think my brain and body need a break, wish me luck.  I will try to read some but may not be posting.. Dr appointment next Monday.  Love and hoping you all are feeling a little better each day,  Mary 💜💜💜💜

Hi everyone, I think of you all but I'm not really into writing much lately.

Stutt thank you for ALWAYS remembering me. You are an angel and we don't deserve you.

Suzanne, Stutt, let's go on a pub crawl and look for boyfriends who are benzo withdrawal friendly. Are you in?

Everyone, I hope you're getting better and better. Waves suck and everything does in general but as long as there's life, THERE IS HOPE. Let's all hang on to that please.

Trishy, Bill, Mary, Final, all the people recovering from benzos and other ailments please get better.

Let's try to have some fun in between the pain. Now I've gone from anxiety to anxiety and depression, it's really great because I get more variety. I love it.

Let's hope this week treats us a little better or at least doesn't suddenly get much worse, which is always an options with these little satanic pills.

Thanks Stut. I was really beating myself up for this. Then I stsrted thinking maybe the detox floxed me. I wenr for alcohol and they thought i was there for benzos. I freaked out. Told them i cant do ot all right now.  The were horrible. They let me tske my benzos.  I hope they didnt poison me. I really have to stop analyxing the why do much.  I amalyze everything! You are right were human. We make mistakes. Cant beat ourselves up for it. My bf.is being very helpful and nice. He.is just very nervous sbout this whole weaning myself. He gets very nervous snd then he screams. He was funny yesterday..he said he was in a wave. Ahaaa. If it wasnt for him i would probably be well non existant. He will have to be patient. We will see. I really jope you are well. I feel really selfish and selfcentered talking about my awesome life. Haha. Love you Suzy

Hi Mm, Good luck with your appt. I am sure it will go fine. Sounds like you need a break! I agree. Keep resting those eyes!!!! Love dd

Vali, Yes I continue to have anxiety, more anxiety, depression. Oh so fun!!! I havent wanted to write much either. Just burnt out on banzos. That would be awesome to have benzo friendly bf. Lmaf  :laugh: I hope your pain is getting better.  The pain ahhhj!! M8ne isnt bad today. Love dd

Hi joy,

I started the dlmt and it seems to be working good.  Maybe you could look into it like Mary said. Hope you feel better soon. Love dd

Thinking of everyone and hoping you are all well.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Final l hope you are continuing to get out for walks l find walking has helped me more than anything else.l am sorry you lost your pup it is heartbreaking however you gave them a good life and really loss is a small price to pay for having them in our lives.l hope you continue to move forward this is never going to be easy however it will pass so do what you can for now.That is all any of us can do.How is hubby?Is he improving? love to you.

Morning Bill l am delighted you are getting away with your family.Enjoy as much as you can.l believe you are going to get off this drug and never look back.Well done my friend.love to you.

Morning Vali how was your weekend?Did you play the board games?l hope you are holding your own honey.Remember this takes a long time however you will stabilise.love to you.

Morning Trish l really hope you are out living life.Thinking of you twiny.Your therapist sounds like a good one.You just need to take this slowly and fight the fear of being rushed off this drug.love you my lST.

Morning Gilly how are you doing.l hope you are setting yourself little goals?l know this is difficult however you can do this my love.love you and here's your hug.

Morning Intend l hope you are doing ok?How did the visit go?l hope you are feeling no ill effects from your cut? Love to you and Dan.

Morning Suzy how are you doing?You haven't posted much are you ok?l hope everything settles down for you honey.love you.

Morning Esperanza how are you honey a little update would be great if you can? love you my hillbilly friend.

. Thinking of everyone here.Xo

I have continued with walks.  A longer one on Saturday with my husband and the regular short ones around the block for the rest of them.

My hubby is doing better, stating a big consulting job tomorrow so we are hoping it goes well.

I'm emotional today due to a cut last week.  I knew it was coming but it still sucks.  Just the frustration again and grief about bong on this medication.  Less awful then it has been but still icky.

I think I'm the only one dry cutting on this thread,?  I'm keeping DMLT in my  back pocket if I need it.  I had a bad experience with liquid tapering with my last med.

I hope you are doing all right Stut.  You sound good and I hope you are. 

Hey everyone, not feeling great but thinking of you all.  Going to see if my pdoc will let me hold for 3 months.  Been tapering 2  1/2 years, think my brain and body need a break, wish me luck.  I will try to read some but may not be posting.. Dr appointment next Monday.  Love and hoping you all are feeling a little better each day,  Mary 💜💜💜💜

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry your aren't feeling well. I think it's good that you honor your body and take care of it.  I will be thinking of you during this time.  You have made great strides with your taper and are allowed to call the shots on when you need a break. 

FH

Morning Final l hope you are continuing to get out for walks l find walking has helped me more than anything else.l am sorry you lost your pup it is heartbreaking however you gave them a good life and really loss is a small price to pay for having them in our lives.l hope you continue to move forward this is never going to be easy however it will pass so do what you can for now.That is all any of us can do.How is hubby?Is he improving? love to you.

Morning Bill l am delighted you are getting away with your family.Enjoy as much as you can.l believe you are going to get off this drug and never look back.Well done my friend.love to you.

Morning Vali how was your weekend?Did you play the board games?l hope you are holding your own honey.Remember this takes a long time however you will stabilise.love to you.

Morning Trish l really hope you are out living life.Thinking of you twiny.Your therapist sounds like a good one.You just need to take this slowly and fight the fear of being rushed off this drug.love you my lST.

Morning Gilly how are you doing.l hope you are setting yourself little goals?l know this is difficult however you can do this my love.love you and here's your hug.

Morning Intend l hope you are doing ok?How did the visit go?l hope you are feeling no ill effects from your cut? Love to you and Dan.

Morning Suzy how are you doing?You haven't posted much are you ok?l hope everything settles down for you honey.love you.

Morning Esperanza how are you honey a little update would be great if you can? love you my hillbilly friend.

I have continued with walks.  A longer one on Saturday with my husband and the regular short ones around the block for the rest of them.

My hubby is doing better, stating a big consulting job tomorrow so we are hoping it goes well.

I'm emotional today due to a cut last week.  I knew it was coming but it still sucks.  Just the frustration again and grief about bong on this medication.  Less awful then it has been but still icky.

I think I'm the only one dry cutting on this thread,?  I'm keeping DMLT in my  back pocket if I need it.  I had a bad experience with liquid tapering with my last med.

Final I'm dry cutting. I went too fast. The method was not the problem.

Final I'm dry cutting. I went too fast. The method was not the problem.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm trying to move slowly but have moved too fast in the past myself. 

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry your aren't feeling well. I think it's good that you honor your body and take care of it.  I will be thinking of you during this time.  You have made great strides with your taper and are allowed to call the shots on when you need a break. 

FH

Thank you FH :).  She is a good Dr in her own way but knows nothing about benzo's so this is going to stress me out until the appointment.  I am sorry cut is hitting you now but you seem to be dealing with them really well.  Congrats on hubby's job!!  Glad he is feeling better also.  There are still lots of people on here that cut and hold, you are in good company.  Stut, just to name one.  I will be reading and trying to say a few words to everyone.  You guys are always in my thoughts  :D. Luv ya, Mary 💜

Mary I'll be praying that on Monday all goes well and you get a three month hold.

Thanks Val, I appreciate it.  I have some extra, but no big stash like others.  I do want her to know, I respect her, and I would rather be able to have an open relationship with her, but I also understand she has almost no real knowledge of what these meds can do to us.  So my fingers are crossed and I really do thank you for caring  :smitten: :smitten:  Luv ya, Mary 💜💜💜

Hey, hope you are okay too, I haven't read back.  I know you are trying so hard to take care of your daughter and work.  I really admire you  :)

Thank you Mary dear. Yes, this is my life and I don't know how I do it. It's overwhelming but I have no choice. I understand wanting to be honest with doctor. I have a stash but I prefer to be honest and convince him to let me hold. If I'm hospitalized or have an emergency I don't want him to find out I was lying. Try to convince her Mary. I printed an article by a woman cardiologist who was a benzo victim, I translated it and took it to him last time. I hope he read it. It's only a page and a half. Gnight Mary.

Keeping fingers crossed for you MM. I dont see why she wouldnt. Your very honest with her. This process puts so much stress in ppl and it shouldnt be that way  :-[

Keeping fingers crossed for you MM. I dont see why she wouldnt. Your very honest with her. This process puts so much stress in ppl and it shouldnt be that way  :-[

Thanks DD, it's true, it should not be this stressful and Tim thinks I am worrying about nothing, he says she is going to say, absolutely if that's what you need, but then it isn't him needing the meds.  :)

And truly, if she wasn't seeing so many people on opioids, I wouldn't worry so much but am afraid that may cloud her judgment even though it never has  :). I guess we all just worry til we hear differently.

How are you holding on girlfriend?  You and bf doing okay?  💜

Hi Mm,  I do the same thing. It is so scary. Jim says not to worry. I thinl the same thing. You would feel this way too. We need our meds. I freaked out last weak thinking thr worst. I wasnt going to get them and down the rabbit whole i went. I wad thinking i would get then ofg the streets. Everything turned out fine.  Plus you are so honest. She knows you are tapering off. Ples we have these neuro emotions. I was reading about them. So we feel our emotions soooo much more intense. I do understand. I worry about that same thing. I really believe it will work out.  Shes beeb working with you this long so i think she trusts you. Love you. I am ok just kind of blah. No drama today from me. Yet!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: dd

Bf ok. Little better.  I just nerd to stop yalkinh about benzos all the time to him. I guess it gets annoying. Thats all i can do. It never stops. So he is being nicer. Im ready to kick his ass. Lol

[70...]