12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Congrats on the 14 months LadyDen!!!  I am just about to enter my 14th month one week from now.  I can't believe it really.  My baseline seems to have gotten a bit better this week.  I am noticing that the morning anxiety is nearly gone (it was gone once before but came back with the chest cold)...My most bothersome symptom remains the nerve and muscle pain, but it seems to be coming and going a bit more quickly.  It's been really hot and humid these last couple weeks and I've been living a very limited routine so I think stress has been very limited too which is good.  I have been gardening the last week or so with few  ramifications, so I'm thinking of trying to do a walk for exercise soon and see if my exercise intolerance is still there.  I'm afraid to find out LOL....

Deanna that's great that you're going to try it. Honestly it's the only way you'll know. My advice is start slow. I'm glad your baseline is better. Your upcoming milestone is awesome. Every time I turn another month I immediately think of you! Lol thanks for the congrats and CONGRATS to you too! My birthday is on the 1st. I won't be partying at a club but I'll surely be simply grateful for more healing. If I had a birthday wish it would be to wake up completely healed for good! Not money not fame not new this or that....just to be completely healed.  :)

We shall see!

Love you Deanna! Way to go!

Oh LadyDen I hope you get your birthday wish!!!!!  That would be the best present EVER!!  :happybday:

I did my walk Tuesday morning, and it went well.  I tried this synchronized breathing thing that I read about and it helped me take in enough oxygen so I wasn't stressing my heart rate.  The rest of that day was great!  Best day in a long time.  Then I found it was hard to fall asleep that night - good old fashioned insomnia - I was just not tired enough to fall asleep.  Finally did get some sleep after midnight but I was off yesterday due to the fragmented sleep the night before, and hence I felt more aches and pains yesterday again.  So I think it was good to try exercising, but I will not try and do it too often just yet, as I think it revved me up and brought on some insomnia.  I think a good night's sleep is more important than cardio LOL.  I do think it is progress though since I didn't experience a pain flare  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!  How is everyone else doing??

If it helps I find if you can spend as much time as possible in the open air even just sitting sleep often improves.. Hope you are all doing well. I've just started trying l glutamine meant help the GABBA in your brain re set itself. I've cut  off contact with my toxic sister, and keep trying tell myself  things will improve hoping it sinks in. Just feel like I'm still in lockdown as still limited to where I can go coz of the anxiety, but at least we can meet up with friends now so could be worse.

Hope you are all doing OK, was doing bit better, but need virtual hug. Just found out from home my Mum was in, she had told them to tell my sister who lives in Oz not me when she died, if she wasn't in then to tell my sisters  friend, I wasn't even mentioned even though I'm next of kin.. Which is why only found out when I rang when asked what time I should visit her. No idea whatI  ever did to her to make her hate me.  Hope you all have families that love and suppirt you, makes such difference in recovery xx

I'm sorry Leann - that is difficult news to process.  Try not to interpret it as a further insult to you - you have no way of knowing why people do things and many many times it is not what you imagine.  It won't help your mindset to ruminate on it and doing so won't change anything anyway.

Sometimes we only want what we can't have.  We don't need blood relatives to cultivate positive relationships.  Put your effort into those alliances that you do have and value.

I wish you peace and healing.

Thank you, just like the final knife in the back. I do think my Mum possibly had undiagnosed dementia, certainly didn't act rationally. Did put in a complaint about the home as she was put on end of life care  6 days before she died, but they only contacted me the day before she died when she was barely lucid. As they say you can't choose your family. Hope lady den is OK think they had bad floods where she lives.

Happy Birthday for the 1st Ladyden - your wish will indeed come true - if not on your birthday very soon. :))

Sweet Bess thank you so much! I've been 29 too long lol now I had to say I'm 30 on this birthday.

This is my joke every year. Lol I'm mid 40. I hope that you're doing well. Big hugs

Hope you are OK , Lady Den, just watching on the news awful weather where you are x

Thx Leann. My family is ok. Terrible the damage it did! Millions are without power and don't know when they will restore everyone. President Biden came to viva to see the damage and what immediate assistance is needed. Bless him for being such a compassionate man.  :thumbsup:

Oh LadyDen I hope you get your birthday wish!!!!!  That would be the best present EVER!!  :happybday:

I did my walk Tuesday morning, and it went well.  I tried this synchronized breathing thing that I read about and it helped me take in enough oxygen so I wasn't stressing my heart rate.  The rest of that day was great!  Best day in a long time.  Then I found it was hard to fall asleep that night - good old fashioned insomnia - I was just not tired enough to fall asleep.  Finally did get some sleep after midnight but I was off yesterday due to the fragmented sleep the night before, and hence I felt more aches and pains yesterday again.  So I think it was good to try exercising, but I will not try and do it too often just yet, as I think it revved me up and brought on some insomnia.  I think a good night's sleep is more important than cardio LOL.  I do think it is progress though since I didn't experience a pain flare  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!  How is everyone else doing??

Very sweet for the bday wishes. Yes when I walk it revs me up too. Sometimes even put me in a wave. But I'm going to keep trying. Hugs

I'm doing ok. Having morning waves now. And also waking up at 3am. But I'm able to go back to sleep fairly quickly. Hopefully this shift is a good thing. Congrats on your 14 months coming up. Hope your sleep returns soon.

A very happy and healthy birthday, Lady Den🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

GG

Much thanks to you, Garden! My birthday was nice. I felt pretty good most of the day. I didn't get my I'm healed wish but just grateful that I felt decent to enjoy it. Hugs

Happy Birthday for the 1st Ladyden - your wish will indeed come true - if not on your birthday very soon. :))

Sweet Bess thank you so much! I've been 29 too long lol now I had to say I'm 30 on this birthday.

This is my joke every year. Lol I'm mid 40. I hope that you're doing well. Big hugs

Hehe - I hope you had a wonderful day - this year will be a good healing year for you - I know it! Big love to you xxx

Hey all. I hope this thread is quiet because you all are enjoying windows.  :thumbsup: I’ve been having morning dread and morning waves. Some are intense. Then by lunch I go into a window gradually into the evening. By bedtime my boatiness and ear ringing levels rise and sometimes I start another wave. I’m hoping this new pattern ( shifting) is fine tuning before my complete healing. I’m not complaining because I could be worse and have been worse. Wow this shift is no joke! I guess it’s part of the process. Have to go through to get through.

How’s everyone doing? Updates please?

Hugs to you all.

Hey all. I hope this thread is quiet because you all are enjoying windows.  :thumbsup: I’ve been having morning dread and morning waves. Some are intense. Then by lunch I go into a window gradually into the evening. By bedtime my boatiness and ear ringing levels rise and sometimes I start another wave. I’m hoping this new pattern ( shifting) is fine tuning before my complete healing. I’m not complaining because I could be worse and have been worse. Wow this shift is no joke! I guess it’s part of the process. Have to go through to get through.

How’s everyone doing? Updates please?

Hugs to you all.

Oh lovely lady den.  In my experience patterns are a good thing. I preferred patterns to the hiccaldy Piccadilly of it all - like I could plan around it almost.

I’m becoming a heffer. Of hippopotamus scale. I’m eating tons of the wrong food. Today I scoffed sugary treats & had chicken marinated in Asian sauces. I hadn’t eaten meat in yonks.  I’m sure I’ll pay the price of eating the wrong foods but oh well.  Sick of the same old bland foods.  If I eat one more piece of fish I’m sure I’ll grow scales.  I’m feeling like I’m making progress but not wanting to jinx myself.  Putting one foot in front of the other. Not being too hopeful as this seems to bite me in the arse - I think I’m on the up & then get slammed back down again.  BWD is a weird weird beast.  I just danced about to David Bowie’s Hero’s.  My lil hound was doing his lil happy dance with me. We’re all hero’s on here - for more than just one day. With everything we go through. We will be bullet prof when we heal. It’s nighttime here. I’m fending off  the urge to scoff mountains of chocolate ice cream.  Keep going lovely- you are indeed doing well xxx

Hello all, and thank you, Bess, for the rib-tickling, guffaw-inducing, slap-the-thigh post.  I am your twin as I have been eating some pretty unhealthy foods lately, which has come back to bite me on my plump butt, as I feared in my last post on the milestones and celebrations board!!!  It happens every single time.....in a glorious window I tend to forget the dangers lurking in the foods that upset my apple cart (bread, chocolate, msg,  all in larger than normal amounts) and turn into a crazed energizer bunny buddy, who wants to reorganize the entire home in a few days!!!

So, here I sit with rebound symptoms of head and ear pressure, nervous GI track, and on and off periods of nausea.  Sure don’t feel like eating any of those wave-inducing foods now: Give me a saltine and a green smoothie and my body will thank me.  Actually, I have not been feeling well for almost two weeks, so I know that I must get serious about my diet choices and save myself a heap of trouble :tickedoff:

I am hoping and praying that we will all continue on our own unique and somewhat jagged path to a window that never ever closes.....we sure deserve it :smitten: :smitten:

Hugs,

GG

Hi LadyDen.  I, also, am back in a pattern of morning waves that tend to settle down late mid-morning/early afternoon, but I do have pretty good windows in the late evening.  I do hate those before dawn wake ups, which had disappeared for quite some time.  This pete and repeat pattern is so unnerving and really rocks my boat, sometimes when I least expect it.

I am happy you enjoyed a lovely birthday, and that you are now settling into your new cozy home...there truly is no place like home.  Can you image going through the horrors of benzo withdrawal while impacted by a major hurricane, earthquake, tornado or fires.  I felt so sorry for a woman who was interviewed in Louisiana who had just lost everything, and said she suffers with diabetes and migraines.....made me so thankful that I have a roof over my head and am safe from harm while going through benzo hell.

Hugs

GG

Hi All!  So good to hear from y'all!!  I too have that pattern where I feel the yucky morning symptoms, then if it's a good day I'll settle down from 10am to about 4pm and then the symptoms ramp up again toward dinner time and beyond.  Sometimes but not always eating dinner will alleviate my symptoms.  I listened to a neuroscience podcast which explained that when we anticipate a meal, there is actually an interplay of hunger hormones and such that lean towards a stress response - so weird.  I thought it was low blood sugar but it could be that instead.  Oh well.....

Overall I do sense a shift toward improvement.  I find myself more engaged in activities and less obsessive about my condition.  So I'll take it!!  Month 14 seems to be much better than Month 13. 

May you all keep the faith my fellow warriors  :smitten:

Yes this is our sensitivities kicking in. We must be careful of our diet for sure. Great to hear from all of you. I miss y’all. Wow the lady in Louisiana unfortunately is one of many! Those hurricanes are no joke. Can you believe after hurricane Katrina some people in Louisiana still would rather stay and guard their house when hurricanes come! That’s crazy! All is physical stuff and most is replaceable but their lives aren’t,

We have milestone month coming up. 10 days I’ll be 15 months. I can say this month was better than last month but not by much. Maybe month 15 will give me a much needed break. Strange how these months 11 through 18 are tough after having a good span of time. I’m told this shifting around or uptick of waves is a good sign. Lots of fine tuning going on in our brains. But wow it wears you down.

I guess a pattern is a good thing so you know what to expect as you said. I guess the minute I get used to it then it’ll shift again. Lol

Hugs to you all

Hello all, and thank you, Bess, for the rib-tickling, guffaw-inducing, slap-the-thigh post.  I am your twin as I have been eating some pretty unhealthy foods lately, which has come back to bite me on my plump butt, as I feared in my last post on the milestones and celebrations board!!!  It happens every single time.....in a glorious window I tend to forget the dangers lurking in the foods that upset my apple cart (bread, chocolate, msg,  all in larger than normal amounts) and turn into a crazed energizer bunny buddy, who wants to reorganize the entire home in a few days!!!

So, here I sit with rebound symptoms of head and ear pressure, nervous GI track, and on and off periods of nausea.  Sure don’t feel like eating any of those wave-inducing foods now: Give me a saltine and a green smoothie and my body will thank me.  Actually, I have not been feeling well for almost two weeks, so I know that I must get serious about my diet choices and save myself a heap of trouble :tickedoff:

I am hoping and praying that we will all continue on our own unique and somewhat jagged path to a window that never ever closes.....we sure deserve it :smitten: :smitten:

Hugs,

GG

[/quote

Pleasure GG! I’m glad to know I’m in good company on piling my plate high.  Hearsay I scoffed half a roast duck - msg & all - from the Chinese shop near my place - oh so so good but the wave that followed not so much. Oh well. I’m bored of my restrictive diet - so so bored of bland food. This morning I devoured eggs Benedict- my first bacon & eggs in over a year - It was sooooooooo good. Must learn which mild spices I can have to keep me from growing feathers from roast dock consumption. Hugs to you & everyone. Xxx

Hope you are all doing OK. Had tough week had major falling out with our son last week,  hubby ready to cut off contact, persuaded him to drive up and talk things over with him. We realise he does have Aspergers so doesn't deliberately do things hurt me unlike my Mother did. All good now, trying hard to forget about family and move on. Really wish had window, and the horrible thoughts would go, but am accepting can take a helluva long time for some of us. Hugs across the pond to you all.