12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Hey Leann that may sound petty but I think it is human to want a bit of control so kudos to you!!  It's a win if you feel better about it!

Came across an interesting podcast that featured the inventor of the Apollo Neuro device ....His name is Dr. Dave Rabin, MD, PhD.  He is very impressive in that he is an MD and a PhD neuroscientist and works with PTSD patients trying non-drug modalities.  This led to his invention trying to stimulate the parasympathetic (rest and digest) system of people with chronic stress.  His remarks were very interesting where he explains when we are chronically stressed and not in PS mode our nervous systems do not let the body enter recovery and repair mode.  This means we don't heal whether it's from injuries like a fall or I suspect our benzo injury as well.  This could be why it takes SO LONG to see healing and any additional stress only prolongs our duress.  I found it fascinating:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/050-dr-dave-rabin-apollo-neuro-stop-stress-sound-wave/id1474706111?i=1000485283679

LadyDen, I pray that soon you'll be able to get to your new apt.  Just go for it!  You'll be alright.  You really will.  I'm not getting a dime from mom's will and I'm alright with that.  My sisters will get everything.  Why would I want a single dime from my abusive mother?  I wouldn't want a cent from a friend I disowned because of abuse, so why would it be any different with an abusive mother?

How long were you on the SSRI Leann?  IDK I kind of think that anything else that is psychoactive added into the mix of benzo injury would only hinder healing, but that is just my opinion.

No Leann but I was offended clonidine and I quickly said No. if you search the archives there are others on here that was given other meds by their unwise doctor to help with WD. Made them worse coupled with having another medication to taper, side effects and another WD. SAD!!!

Hey Leann I guess being on those antidepressants could very well have complicated your recovery.  But I recall Meganz had something similar and although she had a rough go at it she eventually HEALED 100%!!  Just stay the course Leann! We'll all get there!

Just wondered if anyone on here was prescribed othe drugs to supposedly help withdrawal? Whether you felt worse afterwards. I def did after taking SSRI's, I'll never know but am wondering If I might have recovered by now if hadn't taken them?

I had been taking tegretol for years (carbamazepine generic name). I discovered at some point during my last round of tapering that it actually helped decrease w/d symptoms from benzos. I stopped tapering in 2017 for a long hold (years) and shortly after I stopped I increased my tegretol by one pill (200 mg) At first it creates a bit of w/d effect because it also blocks some of the benzo from being absorbed. That sorts out in about a month or at least it did for me, but then my life became much more manageable. When I talked to my new pdoc about it she said that was smart of me to discover that because it is actually something that can and at times is used to help with benzo w/d. I think because it is a cns depressant so that helps to counter some of the excited state of the cns from w/d. But nobody prescribed this for me. I was already on it and discovered it on my own and the effect was beneficial.

Hi LadyDen, Hi All!  I think I may have finally settled back near baseline.  It will take a few more days to be sure, but my pain has settled thank goodness.  It is very hot and humid, which is a bit of a stress on the body so I'm taking it easy.  How are you doing LadyD??

Deanna that’s wonderful news! I’m glad to hear this. It means you’ve healed a lot to settle down in a decent time. Wow!!!

I have great news too. Girl I made it to my new apartment today. I’m so happy! It made me a little more boaty and vibrating a bit but it wasn’t unbearable. God was with me for sure!!!!

Oh LadyDen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is the greatest news I've heard in a LONG time!!  I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!    :highfive:

May you experience speedy and complete healing in your wonderful new lovely apartment!  You are a warrior and you have won this battle.  I hope this positive news and brand new surroundings will be the impetus for your full healing and resumption of your wonderful life!!  :hug:

LadyDen, you have made my day!!!!!  You did it in your own way in your own time.  I pray this is a new wonderful new stage of healing for you...it couldn’t happen to a nicer person, YOU, LadyDen :smitten:

Hugs,

GG

As for me, still dealing with some sort of “bug” with chills, headache, and GI issues!  Now in my fifth day and ready for it to be over!  No more bad diet for sure!!!!!!

Hugs,

GG

So sorry you are still suffering GG  :'(  I know those waves suck so hard.  Hopefully will end soon and a new window will open.  It is truly amazing how sensitive we are.  I think the simple cough drops I used during my chest cold were responsible (partly) of that wave.  Geez!

Someday we will be able to have anything we want - within reason.

Oh LadyDen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is the greatest news I've heard in a LONG time!!  I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!    :highfive:

May you experience speedy and complete healing in your wonderful new lovely apartment!  You are a warrior and you have won this battle.  I hope this positive news and brand new surroundings will be the impetus for your full healing and resumption of your wonderful life!!  :hug:

Much appreciated dear wonderful friend 😊 I’m looking forward to seeing how many great things will happen for me. I wish you speedy recovery too. Are you still feeling better?

Deanna I literally cried tears of joy when I arrived. I told God thank you so many times. It was HIM that made this move possible. That’s why I have no doubt that he’s going to heal me. Sooooo glad!

I wish you and everyone happy healing.

Leann you have every right to be angry.  It wouldn't be good to bottle up those feelings so go ahead and vent or punch a pillow or whatever you need to get your emotions out.  Then when you're ready take a deep breath and try to move on.  It's truly terrible when we feel we have no control over something, so we must accept what we can't change.  You wouldn't want your family to know how deeply they "get to you"....It's so hard but try to move on....eventually anyway.

Sending healing thoughts to you my dear...

LadyDen, you have made my day!!!!!  You did it in your own way in your own time.  I pray this is a new wonderful new stage of healing for you...it couldn’t happen to a nicer person, YOU, LadyDen :smitten:

Hugs,

GG

How lovely you are Garden! I'm praying that you get some relief from your yuckies soon. You deserve a break. Keep reminding yourself that it's temporary. I  had to keep telling myself that if it comes then it must go.  :thumbsup: love and prayers to you dear

Well done Lady Den what an achievement well done you. Pretty crap here. Got sent the accounts from sisters friend who is mothers other executor. Been cooking the books now trying give me less than I'm actually due. Only small amount so would cost more to involve solicitor than sum involved. B family really hope karma gets her very soon. It's refreshing that sometimes good things happen to nice people Lady Den anyway.

Thanks Leann sweetie. It's great to have friends like you here to join in celebration of our small steps that are so big! You're right about karma. I know you constantly struggle with family drama centered around your mom. When I have family issues, I try to pick my battles because it makes stress then stress makes waves then waves create daily hell. At the end of the day, we all want what's rightfully ours but sometimes that doesn't happen. Then what do you do???? Let go and let God handle it! Because HE will have the last word on ALL things at ALL times. Another beautiful lesson he taught me is this...he's called the Savior for a reason. His job is to always save us even from physical things. If he doesn't allow something or does allow it then in both situations he's saving us from something we're unaware of! It might not be what we want but he's our perfect parent.

For example: let's say you have a perfect great paying job that you've been a great employee for years! Then you accidentally didn't complete an important task in the timeframe given by your boss. He calls you into the office and fires you and another employee. The other employee was always a bad one. So now you get highly upset because you been faithful to the job a long time and the one time you couldn't complete something then you're fired. You go home crying, worried about your bills and feeling like this is unfair. You cried all night! The next morning you're eating breakfast watching the news. That bad co-worker is live on tv spraying everybody at the job because he was fired. Now IF you wasn't fired too, wouldn't you have been at work??? But you wasn't because God made your boss fire you so you wouldn't be there!!! Now instead of crying because you're fired, you're grateful that you wasn't there. And of course, the way God works....he gives you an even better job down the road.  :thumbsup:

I hope you didn't mind the little religious admonishment. Just trying to give you another way to look at your situation in hopes that it help you. Hugs

Where's LadyDen today?  Haven't heard from her.

Hey lovely Becks. Sweet of you to be concerned about me. I've just been trying to get settled in my new home and preparing for school to start this coming week. Sorry if I'm a bit MIA at times. There's much to do here. I can only do a bit at a time so I won't cause a setback. I also have people coming over throughout the day to help me unpack, run errands, etc. as soon as things level off ill be here more often. Yesterday we worked on the kitchen unpacking. It's almost finished.

Love and hugs

Just checking in to see how my fellow BBs are faring this Monday morning....a damp and rainy day here in my neck of the woods.  I just came out of a seven day wave, and except for a pounding headache, am feeling much better!  My doctor said he has seen many patients this spring and summer with headaches, and attributes them to the ever changing weather we have been having here in the mid-Atlantic.  He also said that he has never seen such bad allergies as he has this year!  He attributes my ongoing headaches to the withdrawal from Valium, but also to the fluctuating barometric pressure.  Weird weather all over the world!!!!

Sending healing thoughts for each and every one of you!

Hugs,

GG

Leann I'm adjusting well in my new home. I really love it here. Thanks for asking. I'm a little absent because I'm still taking my time unpacking and school started today. Hang in there with your family drama. Choose your battles. You don't have to participate in madness.

Hey Garden I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. You're a tough lady for sure. I agree about the weather getting worse each year. These are some trying times we're in. On top of that, we're recovering! Shows how strong we are!  :thumbsup:

Hugs to everyone else too. I'm ready for fall weather. How about you?

Hi Everyone - Hope everyone is doing well (enough) and finding some solace in each day as we move through this process.  I have been listening to a new podcast that my nephew told me about - The Huberman Lab.  He is a prominent neuroscientist and teaches all about how our nervous system works.  He is so knowledgeable - I think if I could convince this guy to study our benzo-related injury he would no doubt be able to tell us what the heck is really going on up in our brains.

Anyway lots of great information on sleep - my biggest learning so far is that to optimize our sleep cycle with all its intricate hormones and neurochemicals is to make sure we take in about 5-10 minutes of low angle sunlight in the very early am when we wake up and then again just at sunset to start winding down.  Only actual sunlight will do, and you have to be outside not inside near a window.  Our eyes have certain photoreceptor cells that tell the brain when to awake and when it's time to sleep.  Thought I would share in case anyone likes to listen to this stuff.  It's dense but fascinating.

Hoping to learn more when I get to the episodes on how to spur neuroplasticity and how to unlearn certain neuropathways, like my chronic pain.

Cheers to all - keep on healing my brothers and sisters.

Oh Leann I'm so very sorry to hear that about your son.  It sounds like such a mess, and that only creates stress which is the last thing we need in our condition.  Can't people just understand that?!?

Do you have a counselor you can speak with?  A totally objective person that can listen to the whole mess and guide you in how YOU can best handle the situation for your best mental health?  It might help you more than you think it would.

Hi Leann you sound like you have a solid plan and quite a good grip on the situation.  Aside from having to endure the negative feelings your situation elicits, you are doing quite well for someone with such family stress.

My mother had to cut out her whole family (brothers and sisters) many years ago.  They thought she was crazy but I understood why and supported her.  She lived many drama-free years without them, and NEVER looked back.  She made the right decision.

Re: the anxiety, there are many non-drug modalities you can employ to slowly retrain your nervous system, along with diet and the right kind of exercise.  Anxiety is part of life and we'll never get rid of it completely, but I think for most ppl it can be managed without psychoactive drugs...

Hang in there.

Hugs everyone. I've been busy getting my new place in order. Still have some things to do so hopefully I'll be done by the weekend. I'm going slow so I don't setback.  :thumbsup:

I'm now 14 months! Woohoo! I've noticed my wave patterns have shifted. But from what I've read that is a good thing. Do I like my new morning wave after morning dread....NO! Lol But if that's what needs to occur to continue to heal then so be it. The good thing is that it doesn't happen until my daughter is gone to school. So it's nice and quiet.

Leann sorry that you're letting others drive you away from getting the support you need on here. I think most on here mean well. Also, if you don't mind me saying this: if you put your personal issues on blast ( post them publicly) then you should expect responses including the ones you don't like. I hope you don't take what I just said as mean. I'm trying to get you to see that this is a forum that WILL generate replies because that's the way it's designed. Keep in mind, sweetie, that nearly everyone on here is having brain issues of some sort just like you are. Also they have a right to express their opinion to whatever is posted. My kind advice is, if you don't like their replies about your family drama then private message whoever you want to express it to. That way you can avoid feeling like you're being negatively dealt with. Out of fairness, it's not just negativity you've received here. You've posted nearly daily for a long time about your family drama and the people here HAVE responded with love, support and advice...including myself. I said all that to say this- at the end of the day, it's your choice to stay off this forum and its your choice to let your family drama drive you nuts. At some point, my dear, you're going to have to separate yourself from it. It might be a major reason why you don't feel as well as you could be IMO. Think about it, that's constant mental stress. Some positivity each day goes a long way. Hugs to you. Take care.

To everyone else, What's happening in your world? How are you feeling? Anything positive?