12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Thanks Becks, I wonder at times!

Deanna can you remember if CBD made you feel really tired at first. So far no awful symptoms, have increased to 15mg a day, take I in morning but by lunch time could almost go to sleep feel really dopey.. Might try 1 in afternoon then 2 at night before bed, as that's when I need the sleepy feeling. It might just be another godammed withdrawal symptom of course as felt bit swimmy couple times!!!

Sorry you are going through this on your own must be really hard. I'm really struggling and have the most amazing husband.Does seem extreme that you are in lockdown when so few cases. I definitely found it harder in lockdown, being able to meet up with people does help.  It's opposite here cases still high and criticism they've stopped the restriction. Last lockdown was 5 months. Afraid I've given in to gloom, think because I never improve or ever had a window.

Deanna haven't tried vigorous exercise for while must admit, getting bit old for aerobics, sure physical symptoms are just as awful, justs mental ones make you feel you're loosing your mind and it's not actually withdrawal just  you're just crazy!

Thanks leann.  Don’t loose hope.  You will heal.

Bess could you Skype/ zoom your family, used to Skype my son during the lockdown, and did some zoom quizzes with friends. Being able to see people on screen really helped. I do feel for you, not having lot support must be really tough❤️

Thanks leann. Yep I’ve got to do that.  It will help! Xx

Oh Gosh Leann I don't think there is any evidence at all that CBD can be worse than Benzos!!  It is relatively benign.  Because this is a public forum we have to take any post with a grain of salt as there are some disturbed ppl who just want to instill fear in others.  So sad.

The mind-body connection is so strong.  Don't let those negative thoughts hijack what you may be benefiting from the CBD.  Just lean into the positive feelings you had before you read that post!

Hi All,  I started using the grounding mat back in Nov 2020 at which point I was about 4 months off the drug and still very symptomatic.  I read all about how it is supposed to improve circulation, lower inflammation and normalize cortisol.  That last one got me very interested so I ordered it.  I don't think it was a placebo effect, but the very first night I used it I slept much more consistently and got a very decent night's sleep! I have never stopped using it since.  I have more or less slept pretty well (7-9 hours with various awakenings) since that time.  Of course I had a bad night here and there but overall sleeping pretty well given my situation.

At first I used it every minute I could - all the while in bed, and most of the afternoons/evenings.  Started feeling better and more active so then only used it at night.  Got my daughter to try it because she has anxiety and nightmares and she swears her nightmares are significantly reduced!  Even got my husband to try it and he feels that his arthritis pain is better and sleeping better too.

Certainly may not work for everyone.  The effects are subtle and if you are the kind of person who does not notice subtle changes in your body you may not notice anything at all.  But I will never sleep ungrounded ever again!!

Fedex just delivered my Apollo neuro.  It is a wearable device that when used consistently is purported to retrain our nervous system to manage stress more effectively on our own.  I have high hopes for this thing - I will report back as soon as I have something to share.

Hugs Leann! No I’m not taking anything at all. No meds no supplements nothing. I’m just letting my brain heal naturally. It’s slow and frustrating at times but I don’t want to disturb the healing. I’m also not going to try anything experimental. I don’t blame you either for being cautious. We should be.  :thumbsup:

How are you doing today? I’m still feeling the effects of yesterday’s day of headache and waves. I’m resting today. My boatiness is still hanging around. It increases in the late evening and by bedtime it’s very present. I’ll be so glad when that and the pulling sensation is gone. I keep in mind that I could be worse so I better not complain. Here’s my symptoms that are gone or pop in and out for a few hours.

GONE: afraid to be alone, eye twitches, itching hands/feet at bedtime, vision like a fuzzy old time tv, benzo belly, standing in one safe spot, scared to go outside, feeling like drops of water on my arms/legs, teeth numbness, popping sinuses, tight head, hair loss, loss of appetite ( unless I’m in a wave), BP spikes and tremors.

Pop in and out mildly: muscle spasms, popping ears, sneezing, coughing, headache, sinus pressure, blurred vision, nausea, sweating ( mostly at night), sun sensitivity, goosebumps and anxiety

Occurs in my waves: diarrhea, no appetite, head pressure, floating/ sudden feeling of being pushed, intolerance of walking or sitting up

Constant but increases in a wave: boatiness/dizziness, ringing ears and pulling down sensation ( these have been with me the longest including when I got to the end of my taper)

Newest symptom is car anxiety and feeling like I’m vibrating off and on.

Hi All,  I started using the grounding mat back in Nov 2020 at which point I was about 4 months off the drug and still very symptomatic.  I read all about how it is supposed to improve circulation, lower inflammation and normalize cortisol.  That last one got me very interested so I ordered it.  I don't think it was a placebo effect, but the very first night I used it I slept much more consistently and got a very decent night's sleep! I have never stopped using it since.  I have more or less slept pretty well (7-9 hours with various awakenings) since that time.  Of course I had a bad night here and there but overall sleeping pretty well given my situation.

At first I used it every minute I could - all the while in bed, and most of the afternoons/evenings.  Started feeling better and more active so then only used it at night.  Got my daughter to try it because she has anxiety and nightmares and she swears her nightmares are significantly reduced!  Even got my husband to try it and he feels that his arthritis pain is better and sleeping better too.

Certainly may not work for everyone.  The effects are subtle and if you are the kind of person who does not notice subtle changes in your body you may not notice anything at all.  But I will never sleep ungrounded ever again!!

Fedex just delivered my Apollo neuro.  It is a wearable device that when used consistently is purported to retrain our nervous system to manage stress more effectively on our own.  I have high hopes for this thing - I will report back as soon as I have something to share.

Ok I’ll be waiting on the report of Apollo neuro. Thanks Deanna for letting us know about the mat. I’m glad it was a benefit. I’m debating whether I should try to force myself to start walking again in between my waves. I’m 13 months and 1 week. I’m so tired of being in bed. Especially after being in it so long. I’m going to try and see if it rev me up. So far I’ve not been able to tolerate it. I’ve got to keep trying.

I hear you LadyDen, I struggle with the very same question.  When I finally have a good day do I force myself to walk or play it safe and take it easy?? I know I minimize my pain when I don't do much but then I start getting achy from the lack of activity.  It s truly threading a needle.

Can you take a really short walk just to start??  Just go a tiny bit longer than you've been doing the last month or so.

LadyDen, it's really good to see how hard you are trying to get back to your normal self.  I'm sure you'll be able to start walking soon again.  Don't you walk in your home?  Who takes care of you at your home now since you're not in your new apt. yet?  Your daughter?

LadyDen, it's really good to see how hard you are trying to get back to your normal self.  I'm sure you'll be able to start walking soon again.  Don't you walk in your home?  Who takes care of you at your home now since you're not in your new apt. yet?  Your daughter?

Yes I walk around my house indoors few times a day. I’m alone here. Just me. Nobody is taking care of me. One of my sons come by on the weekend for a day but that’s it. When I go to my new apartment my daughter will be there with me.

Lady Den these are my symptoms ,extreme anxiety, can't drive as fear may have knocked someone over. Husband taking over cooking, as end up checking every packet, tin make sure nothing harmful in it before I throw it away,  can't open mail or receive parcels anymore for same reason. I go out but only with hubby, so he can check haven't harmed anyone. Have throughly check every  empty bottle, aerosol for ages check nothing harmful in it . My husband has deal with anyone at the door otherwise I think may have hurt them. Can't explain to friends as I sound totally crazy!!!! Been like  this since about month 8 off meds, so 22 months, initially was just the driving.

These meds totally ruin lives, unlike you I can go out, but have virtually no life really. I hope you soon manage to walk a bit, even though no real physical symptoms the mental can be just as bad. Hope we all get some respite soon xx

Wow that sounds awful. I’m glad you have your husband to help you. I’m like Becks I don’t have anyone. That’s good that you can get in the car to get out of the house. I miss doing that so much. Sounds like you have OCD really bad. Hopefully it will go away soon. Does it ever let up?

Thanks Leann. Virtual hugs back to you. A few of my other symptoms that I forgot to list that are still hanging around are intrusive songs and thoughts but they’re much better. I do still have some residual agoraphobia- not sure if this is in that category but I’m having fear of being doomed or something bad happening in the car. I’m not afraid of people, not of going places either. Matter of fact I DO want to go places. This car ride fear is not that I’m scared of getting in the car. I go sit in there with no problem. This is a new symptom since I’ve had my setback. I’m afraid that my symptoms will overwhelm me while I’m riding in the car. I’m doing all I can to fight this! As soon as my symptoms increase while the car is going it triggers adrenal surges. I become nearly fainting. Very scary! Someone told me it’s because of the CNS getting overstimulated from the moving vehicle and the surroundings on the road. There’s much sensory receptors being used to tolerate being in a car. It makes sense because I’m not scared of getting in the car at all.

Becks I’m so surprised that you can drive in your condition. Way to go! How do you do that?

LasyDen that reminds me of the lady I heard speak about her benzo harm on the BIC website.  She explained how she used to wear earplugs and an eyecover in order to better tolerate the ride.  I guess that would minimize the input to your brain while the car is moving.  Do you think that would help?

LadyDen, the way I'm able to drive and be in the car is that I'm only thinking about the GOAL I need to accomplish and ignoring my symptoms. 

Hi Leann, I know how hard it is.  The further we go out, when we get hit with symptoms it is just too much for our psyches to take.  I mean how much can a person endure?  Withdrawal is beyond torture, think about it.  If someone were to abuse another person by inflicting harm like the physical and mental symptoms of withdrawal, wouldn't that person go to federal prison for a long time?  And wouldn't the victim surely have PTSD?

I think we are among the bravest and strongest individuals on the face of the planet to go through this.  So don't beat yourself up for getting down, just put one foot in front of the other for today.  And think about tomorrow tomorrow.

:hug:

LasyDen that reminds me of the lady I heard speak about her benzo harm on the BIC website.  She explained how she used to wear earplugs and an eyecover in order to better tolerate the ride.  I guess that would minimize the input to your brain while the car is moving.  Do you think that would help?

Yes great idea!!! What website is that?

How are you feeling today sweetie? How did you celebrate your 1 year?

Hey Lady, here is the website...lots of stories on there.  And good info too.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/

I am unceremoniously celebrating my 1 year off today.  Have not yet even mentioned to my hubby.  I think I'm afraid if I make a big deal about it I'll take a turn for my next wave or something.  Silly I know.  But I may post a bit later in the milestone section... :smitten:

Drowning here, massive wave can't do this anymore. Been trying to cheer others on now a pathetic wreck yet again, not much of an example. I know compared to being bedridden and some people's severe physical symptoms anxiety doesn't sound that bad, but really sucks Sorry everyone moaning Minnie today😞

It’s ok Leann we all have those tough runs. You’re entitled to vent a little bit ( we all do it). That’s what this forum is for: to get support. I know you’ve been feeling like crap for awhile now with your mental symptoms. They can be just as bad as the physical ones. Do your best to distract yourself with something pleasant. Are you a religious person? If so maybe you can just read a few scriptures and talk to God. Or do you like poetry? Maybe you can write a poem about how you feel. It’s very therapeutic. I’ve been watching Netflix and old game shows. Ever heard of the match game from the 70’s? They have many episodes on YouTube. It’s hilarious! I’m a 70’s girl anyway.

You’re Moaning Minnie was funny. I’m not laughing at you ( please don’t get me wrong). I’ve never heard of that. Me and Shayna named our symptoms. We gotta sometimes laugh at our pain. Feel better soon sweetie. It will get better. Don’t feed what you feel.

Becks is right about ignoring the symptoms as best as you can. Someone else said that they fight their anxiety by refusing to participate in fueling it. They just observe and distract. Wonderful advice IMO

And please don’t stop being a support to others on here. We all need each other. This is a give and receive place of support.

Hi Leann, I know how hard it is.  The further we go out, when we get hit with symptoms it is just too much for our psyches to take.  I mean how much can a person endure?  Withdrawal is beyond torture, think about it.  If someone were to abuse another person by inflicting harm like the physical and mental symptoms of withdrawal, wouldn't that person go to federal prison for a long time?  And wouldn't the victim surely have PTSD?

I think we are among the bravest and strongest individuals on the face of the planet to go through this.  So don't beat yourself up for getting down, just put one foot in front of the other for today.  And think about tomorrow tomorrow.

HalleluYah!!!! Wonderful advice and insight Deanna! We are not victims… we are survivors. Brave Strong Warriors. Just like Mulan The song Christina Aguilera did for the new Mulan is beautiful. It’s called Loyal Brave and True. Check it out!

Yes Deanna I understand how you feel. I was sick with waves when mine came around. I thought I’d be dancing by then. Nope! 😂

Thanks for the link. Hugs and happy milestone of 1 year! 💐❤️

HalleluYah!!!! Wonderful advice and insight Deanna! We are not victims… we are survivors. Brave Strong Warriors. Just like Mulan The song Christina Aguilera did for the new Mulan is beautiful. It’s called Loyal Brave and True. Check it out!

Yes I love that song!  Been meaning to watch the movie too!

I’m planning on watching it too! I just love Disney movies. Animated movies too. Brings out the kid in me. But you know what? I’ve learned some great life lessons from those.

Hope your Saturday is going well to all you wonderful Yearlings here. 🌺🌸🌼

Happy August everyone! Today starts my second year at healing.  I wanted to give you all an update of my experience with the Apollo Neuro device.

I got it on Thursday and have been using it for about 3 days.  I followed the recommended starting protocol, and on the plus side I believe I may be sleeping a bit deeper (not longer) as I notice that I don't have as many awakenings where I putter around the bathroom and toss in turn in bed.  So that's interesting.

On the negative side, I have noticed an increase in my pain levels :-(  IDK if it is just a coincidence but I haven't changed anything else over the last few days.  I had a really decent day Wednesday, and did some gardening and was otherwise more active.  Then Thursday I started using it so not sure if I overdid it on Wed that led to my symptoms flaring. IMO I did nothing out of the ordinary to spur on the pain flare I had last night before bed.  Strangely taking a tylenol really helped which it usually doesn't so that's another odd detail.

Anyway I have a busy week ahead with a friend coming to visit, so I'll stop using it for now.  I think I may contact the medical officer and inventor who is an MD/PhD neuroscientist and describe our plight and get any insights if he has any on ways to use or not to use it for ppl in our situation.

That's my update for now.  I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!!!  Keep thinking positive thoughts everyone, because the negative ones only make it worse.... :sick:

Interesting report Deanna. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you enjoy your day and upcoming visits with your company. 💐