Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Thank you Lisa, LiveLife, LadyDen. Happy to see some of you are experiencing improvement! We gotta keep climbing

❤️❤️❤️❤️ that mountain is a big mean one but you keep climbing! Turn that corner  :thumbsup:

Thanks you lady den❤️

I just read your private message

Thank you so much for your encouraging words

I am too much in hell atm to write long message back but I wanted to thank you for reply xx

You’re welcome. You’re a warrior! Fight! We are fighting with you! 👍🏼❤️

Thank you ladyden znd everyone here.  This one freaks me out I had a meltdown . You czn hardly manage these sx.

I'm sorry Jordan jack you will be ok. You are going to heal. We all think we arent but we will. It just takes time. The wd just does this it can feel worse but still healing. I'm 20 months and I say those same things. Your not alone we are hesr for you. I always try to think tomorrow will be better.  Sending you hugs and healing energy. 🤗

Thank you so much Dehytq 2, I really appreciate your encouragement and kind words.

I hope that you’re feeling much better. This journey is truly so hard. I pray we both turn that glorious corner soon. Thank you for being here for me. I’m so grateful for the support among us.

Bless you. I’m sending you big hugs!

Hi everyone,

I hit month 18 this week.  :-\  and to think that I was disillusioned to think I would heal in 6 months.

My symptoms continue to surge with the very painful burning brain and body. New symptoms are terrible muscle pain like knives twisting my tissue, bad hip pain and bone pain in several places that’s making me think I have fibromyalgia or RA since I’m older, along with awful chemical anxiety and fear. The shower still feels like needles hitting my skin.  :'(

I went to a neurologist this week just to make sure nothing else is going on. He performed basic coordination and reflex tests and said everything is solid. I will be getting a nerve conduction test with him in two weeks.

My CNS is like a symphony that is so out of tune, lost in the composition and dissonant, with a conductor that can’t even read a music score.

I’m hypersensitive to most everything and thinking about starting to work again after being severenced in December brings me great stress. I’ve lost all confidence in myself both personally and professionally. 

In thinking about doing my job again terrifies me! How am I going to get it together so I can work? I’m just overwhelmed with the awful chemical anxiety and fear. I read a job description yesterday and panicked thinking how overwhelming it all was, and so scared that I won’t be able to work again at the same capacity before BWD.

I have meltdowns thinking I’m never going to heal because I’ve never had a window, not one day without the intense burning, and seem to be worsening. Everyday is a battle. How is it possible to be burning this badly and getting new painful symptoms so far out? I try to speak positively over myself but my amygdala just rolls it’s eyes. I don’t want to be left behind. I’m alone so it makes all this so difficult and feeling so alone. I’m so grateful for my friends here that encourage me.

I really need this intense anxiety, fear and pain to leave.  I’m praying daily that my miracle will come, oh may relief come soon.

LadyDen, Helen, GG, Pashu, JBen, Decatur, Jorgen, FeelingFire, Hardy, Dehytq, LiveLife, Jorgen, Matcha, and others I am thinking of you.

I’m happy for those that are doing much better. So wonderful! For those of you still in the tulmultous waves and mountainous journey, I pray relief, peace  and healing will be yours soon.

I’m sending everyone big hugs and warm thoughts. 🤗❤️

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Jordan I just had to hug you dear sweetheart! I’m so sorry that your mountain you are climbing is so steep and high up. But you keep going because there is a plateau half way up there and it’s a beautiful relief. Once you reach it, the rest of the way to the top is so much easier. At month 18, I think you right at it  :thumbsup:

Congratulations on making it 18 months. Yay!

You and those in rougher waves please hold on to your healing. It’s in the making so there’s no way around feeling like crap. Say it to yourself everyday…it’s temporary and I’m healing! Because you are and it is!

I know it’s so hard to get up everyday feeling like crap warmed over. There’s no way through except to go through. We love and support each other with wrists locked! 🤝

You are a warrior! You are strong! You will make it!

Lady Den, thank you for your beautiful heart and kind words.

You always show such love and support even in the midst of this difficult journey.  It’s so hard when the symptoms seem worsening or new mean ones make an appearance. That Benzo bully works overtime to discourage us, but I try to speak over myself and bring light into the darkness.

I am so thankful for you and our friends here; the love and support is so strong and important. I’m grateful for you and for all the love and support among us.

I hope that you continue to soar in your healing. You are amazing and I’m so happy you are feeling better. 

I’m holding on to the virtual wrist locks and send you so much love.

Bless you!!

Good morning!  39 months out and still struggling.    Looking for some encouragement/support.    Just so discouraged with this process.  Still having lots of anxiety and also facing some dental work that is making me anxious.    I was never bothered by the dentist before, but now it causes tremendous anxiety. 

I keep thinking I am getting close to turning that final corner, but then I get slammed with symptoms again.

Thinking of everyone today!

Jordan Jack and Decatur,

I'm so sorry to hear about your suffering that feels like it just goes on and on forever.  I'm puling for you both!  I do believe in the healing even if it seems unreachable.  JJ, you've been one tough recovery patient and I admire your strength.  Decatur, I bet you are nearing better days. Sorry about the dental work. That's always a little unnerving. 

I'm just over 2 years now and nowhere near the finish line, I don't think but grateful that I get a few good days sprinkled in.  I wish that for you all too.

HUGS,

Helen

Hello to all my beautiful buddies,

LadyDen,

As always I appreciate your encouraging words. I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing I hope you continue to progress and look forward to your success story soon.

JordanJack and Decatur,

I'm so very sorry to hear of all your struggles I know how difficult it is. Wishing you all a beautiful bright sparkling window and hope that you turn a corner very very soon.

I'm just struggling along so badly with all these symptoms. They're definitely worse than ever. I have the side pain that feels like someone beat me with a hammer.  And other terrible symptoms cycling in-and-out. It's really unbelievable what this can do to us. Trying to stay positive and hang in there and hoping to turn a corner soon. I'm going to be 37 months on Sunday. Hugs! LiveLife

LiveLife,

I know you are suffering so long and so deeply.  I'm thinking of you and hoping better days come your way very soon.  You're kind to encourage others while you are hurting so much yourself.

I hope your relief comes TODAY.

Hugs,

Helen

Hello to all my beautiful buddies,

LadyDen,

As always I appreciate your encouraging words. I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing I hope you continue to progress and look forward to your success story soon.

JordanJack and Decatur,

I'm so very sorry to hear of all your struggles I know how difficult it is. Wishing you all a beautiful bright sparkling window and hope that you turn a corner very very soon.

I'm just struggling along so badly with all these symptoms. They're definitely worse than ever. I have the side pain that feels like someone beat me with a hammer.  And other terrible symptoms cycling in-and-out. It's really unbelievable what this can do to us. Trying to stay positive and hang in there and hoping to turn a corner soon. I'm going to be 37 months on Sunday. Hugs! LiveLife

Happy early 37 months to you Live!  :clap:

Although you’re not well and haven’t turned your corner, as Helen said you still give support. What a beautiful jewel you are! Thank you for that and for giving me congratulations. I’m waiting with bells on to be one of the first to clap when you turn that corner! Wow you’re going to cry with joy! It’s coming my dear. Those benzo pains suck! I’m so sorry to hear that they’re visiting you. Just hold on to your hope because it’s got to let up soon! Sending you love ❤️

Hi everyone,

I hit month 18 this week.  :-\  and to think that I was disillusioned to think I would heal in 6 months.

My symptoms continue to surge with the very painful burning brain and body. New symptoms are terrible muscle pain like knives twisting my tissue, bad hip pain and bone pain in several places that’s making me think I have fibromyalgia or RA since I’m older, along with awful chemical anxiety and fear. The shower still feels like needles hitting my skin.  :'(

I went to a neurologist this week just to make sure nothing else is going on. He performed basic coordination and reflex tests and said everything is solid. I will be getting a nerve conduction test with him in two weeks.

My CNS is like a symphony that is so out of tune, lost in the composition and dissonant, with a conductor that can’t even read a music score.

I’m hypersensitive to most everything and thinking about starting to work again after being severenced in December brings me great stress. I’ve lost all confidence in myself both personally and professionally. 

In thinking about doing my job again terrifies me! How am I going to get it together so I can work? I’m just overwhelmed with the awful chemical anxiety and fear. I read a job description yesterday and panicked thinking how overwhelming it all was, and so scared that I won’t be able to work again at the same capacity before BWD.

I have meltdowns thinking I’m never going to heal because I’ve never had a window, not one day without the intense burning, and seem to be worsening. Everyday is a battle. How is it possible to be burning this badly and getting new painful symptoms so far out? I try to speak positively over myself but my amygdala just rolls it’s eyes. I don’t want to be left behind. I’m alone so it makes all this so difficult and feeling so alone. I’m so grateful for my friends here that encourage me.

I really need this intense anxiety, fear and pain to leave.  I’m praying daily that my miracle will come, oh may relief come soon.

LadyDen, Helen, GG, Pashu, JBen, Decatur, Jorgen, FeelingFire, Hardy, Dehytq, LiveLife, Jorgen, Matcha, and others I am thinking of you.

I’m happy for those that are doing much better. So wonderful! For those of you still in the tulmultous waves and mountainous journey, I pray relief, peace  and healing will be yours soon.

I’m sending everyone big hugs and warm thoughts. 🤗❤️

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Jordan I just had to hug you dear sweetheart! I’m so sorry that your mountain you are climbing is so steep and high up. But you keep going because there is a plateau half way up there and it’s a beautiful relief. Once you reach it, the rest of the way to the top is so much easier. At month 18, I think you right at it  :thumbsup:

Congratulations on making it 18 months. Yay!

You and those in rougher waves please hold on to your healing. It’s in the making so there’s no way around feeling like crap. Say it to yourself everyday…it’s temporary and I’m healing! Because you are and it is!

I know it’s so hard to get up everyday feeling like crap warmed over. There’s no way through except to go through. We love and support each other with wrists locked! 🤝

You are a warrior! You are strong! You will make it!

Lady Den, thank you for your beautiful heart and kind words.

You always show such love and support even in the midst of this difficult journey.  It’s so hard when the symptoms seem worsening or new mean ones make an appearance. That Benzo bully works overtime to discourage us, but I try to speak over myself and bring light into the darkness.

I am so thankful for you and our friends here; the love and support is so strong and important. I’m grateful for you and for all the love and support among us.

I hope that you continue to soar in your healing. You are amazing and I’m so happy you are feeling better. 

I’m holding on to the virtual wrist locks and send you so much love.

Bless you!!

WRIST LOCKED 🤝 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thank you sweetheart!

Good morning!  39 months out and still struggling.    Looking for some encouragement/support.    Just so discouraged with this process.  Still having lots of anxiety and also facing some dental work that is making me anxious.    I was never bothered by the dentist before, but now it causes tremendous anxiety. 

I keep thinking I am getting close to turning that final corner, but then I get slammed with symptoms again.

Thinking of everyone today!

Lisa yep that’s how Benzo Bully is…a mean chit head! That happened to me a couple of times. Remember this is a roller coaster. You are fine tuning for sure! It will get better once you roll past that loop on the roller coaster 🎢  Take one day at a time. It started so it does have an end.  :thumbsup:

Sending you big hugs and love! 🤗❤️

Thank you for the congrats. So sweet!

Jordan Jack and Decatur,

I'm so sorry to hear about your suffering that feels like it just goes on and on forever.  I'm puling for you both!  I do believe in the healing even if it seems unreachable.  JJ, you've been one tough recovery patient and I admire your strength.  Decatur, I bet you are nearing better days. Sorry about the dental work. That's always a little unnerving. 

I'm just over 2 years now and nowhere near the finish line, I don't think but grateful that I get a few good days sprinkled in.  I wish that for you all too.

HUGS,

Helen

Happy 2 year milestone Helen :clap::highfive:

I pray you’re doing well and waves are gentle. Love you bunches ❤️🤗

Helen and LadyDen,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. They mean a lot to me. I'm sure hoping things change soon because it's really been a long hard road for all of us. But recently it's gotten even worse and I didn't think it could. So I'm hoping that means something is going to change. Hugs! LiveLife

Live I know it doesn’t look like it right now but I agree the rougher means good things are happening.  :thumbsup:

It happened to me too and the doom starts playing with your mind. But I waited it out and wow it’s wonderful to have the relief. So please don’t listen to Benzo Bully.

Wrists locked 🤝 I’m with you!

LadyDen,

Thank you so much! Then some good things must really be coming for me because it's been rougher than ever. So I'm gonna hold on to that thought. Wrists locked! Hugs!  LiveLife

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FELLOW BUDDIES🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I am feeling a bit better and hosting twelve out of town family members over the 4th of July holiday.  I am planning a Mexican Fiesta so having fun decorating and putting the food and drink together.  Last week this time I was feeling pretty darn bad, so see what a new week can bring!

I pray that each of you are seeing some healing also…..especially our sweet and always supportive LiveLife

Hugs,

GG

Happy 4th, everyone.  It's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought I'd come back and check in.  Few weeks ago I had an acute day, But other than that I've been feeling healed since January. Said another way, it's been 9 months since I've had more than one bad, acute like day in a row, or More than one day in a row when "discomfort" became suffering. 

I certainly had minor symptoms here and there, and certainly had anxiety about everything coming back, but things are so so much better than they were a year ago.  I'm living life normally.  There's hope for everyone, just keep moving forward, keep busy, stay as positive as you can. 

Jordan Jack and Decatur,

HUGS,

Helen

Thank you sweet Helen for your encouraging words.

Yes, this journey has been incredibly hard physically and now mentally as well. I keep hoping that month 18 would offer some relief but it has not yet come.

Not having a window since day 1 has truly been so difficult. I’m so frightened. The burning pain brings me to my knees and my head that feels like 1000 fire ants marching across.

It does seems that I’m actually getting worse, but each night I just keep praying that the next day will bring relief. Maybe I’m surging and it means something because I’ve been surging for quite some time.

The deep muscle pain and hip pain doesn’t seem to want to let go. It’s so odd that I didn’t have this nor the extreme anxiety in year one.

Do you know why the muscle hip pain and anxiety didn’t show up until this year? Maybe the deep hip pain is not Benzo related since I’m older.

I pray that a light will shine soon. The Benzo bully tells me this is not going to get better since I’ve had no indication otherwise, but I just keep hoping. Gosh, if I could just have one day of freedom I would be so grateful.

The high summer temperatures make things much more intense with the burning when I’m outside, so my reprieve is to swim laps at an indoor cold pool in the evenings. Even though the cold pool stings my hypersensitive legs, it feels good on my head. :idiot:

I’m so sorry you are still having some difficulty, but I’m so happy that you have some days of reprieve and less symptoms. You are incredibly strong and brave and always so kind.

Thank you as always for your encouraging words and thoughts. I’m going through this alone so I’m so thankful for the friends (you and the other angels) here who help me along the way.

I’m sending you big hugs! 🤗❤️

Hi all,

First let me say that I'm very happy for GG and Accidental. It's wonderful and encouraging to hear of people getting better.  GG, I hope your party goes great!  Accidental, thanks for sharing your good news with us.

Jordan Jack, I'm very sorry to hear you are still getting no breaks.  I know you have suffered immeasurably.  We just have to hang on to the theory that we will heal in some fashion down the line. I know it's so hard.  I've had my ups and downs in the past month after a few rough months. I'm back in a painful wave now.  Lots of burning, tingling, screeching tinnitus, and the like.  I know it will stop and I truly believe yours will too.

As Lady Den likes to say, "Wrists locked". 

Hugs to all,

Helen

WRISTS LOCKED 🤝 Thank you Helen for that supportive post. Glad to see you back. I’m wishing you and everyone who’s having a rough sail back to shore much smoother waters…me included. I’ve been in the rougher waters too since last weekend. All we can do is continue to take care and get through one day at a time. I haven’t been walking outside as much or driving the past 3 days. Besides all the rain last week and increased temperatures coupled with me not feeling well, I’m just resting. Hopefully soon we’ll be back to our better days. Sending love and hugs to all.

❤️🤗❤️🤗

Happy 4th to all Americans. Enjoy your day! 🇺🇸🎇

Hi Lady Den,

I'm so sorry you are feeling yucky too.  I know you are going to bounce back soon. The intense heat and humidity can't be helping right now....

Hang in there.  Right there with you.

Helen :smitten: