12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

LadyDen, I am so very sorry that you have recently taken on some extra cruel symptoms to have to contend with!  Oh, the cruelty of this is mind bending, and I am so ready to get my rugged and sturdy rope ready to tie up Mr.  Benzo Bully!

Hugs,

GG

GG,

Thank you so much. I sure wish this would end soon because I can barely hang on. I know I've said that before but it's getting worse. I really need a break.  Hopefully soon.

LadyDen,

I'm so sorry you're having such a problem with sounds triggering your anxiety. It's so terrible how cruel this situation is. We think we've gotten past something and then it just circles right back around without any hesitation. I'm terribly sick of Mr Benzo Bully.

Hugs!

LiveLife

GG,

I do get anxiety, excited nervous system, intense fear, heart palpitations,  tinnitus, stomach issues lots of pain, nausea. On occasion now I get headaches with jaw pain and neck pain. That's not as bad as it used to be.  I also feel like crying for no reason I guess there's chemical depression as well. All of this is just too much to bear at once.  I think because of my husband getting diagnosed with cancer it has made everything so much worse. I am trying to stay positive but it has metastasized.  It's just a lot to bear on top of already being in recovery for the both of us. It's been a rough couple of years so far and it hasn't gotten any easier and doesn't look like it's going to very soon.  I sure wish I could turn a corner because my natural self is so positive and even in the worst of times I can be that way. The problem is with all this intense fear and chemical depression and anxiety it's really hard.  I try to stay positive as much as I can but then I just get so upset about my husband I love him so dearly. I don't want anything to happen to him. I don't think I could bear it.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Dear LiveLife, I am beyond saddened by your husband’s cancer diagnosis, and pray that a treatment can be found to aid in his recovery.  There are so many new cancer drugs that bring hope and recovery to many who are fighting this disease. 

You certainly do have some major symptoms to deal with and I am sure your anxiety is making your immune system go haywire.  For many buddies it seems that the immune system gets pummeled and we are much more prone to viruses, aches and pains, and all sorts of other health issues!  I definitely see this in myself!

Our spouses are often our main and steadfast supporters and when they are themselves ill, it can obviously bring on another level of fear and anxiety.  My husband is 82 and is my rock, and I also fear something happening to him!  He has taken such good care of me since 2018, and I can’t fathom not having him by my side.

I send you hugs and wrap my arms around you in prayer….for you and your husband.

Love, GG

Good Morning BB’s.  I am reaching out once again to ask for hope, support and prayers. I have finally gotten through the UTI issues, and am beyond grateful for that!  I fear, however, that the many antibiotics and a small dose of a steroid in the IV bag pre-biopsy surgery has truly upset the proverbial apple cart with a return of the awful brain burning headaches.  I did not have them during the almost three months of the UTI infection and other female issues, but now they are popping up every few days.  I enjoyed last Friday and Saturday headache free, but since Sunday I have awakened to awful vice like, pounding, fire burning head pain.  Tylenol is not helping so am pretty much left to try and just get through it.

Do you believe that the different antibiotics are playing a role in the return of the head pain?  I know I have asked this question before, but when the pain is this bad, I feel desperate enough to ask for reassurance.  BTW, when I sprained my ankle on September 2nd, followed by an ER visit the next day, I had to have a brain MRI because I am on a blood thinner and the doctor wanted to check for a brain bleed.  No brain bleed and everything looked fine on the MRI!

I so hate to sound like Pete and Repeat sitting on the fence, but I guess this whiplash of off and on head pain is wearing thin now in my 31 months plus a couple of weeks post Valium taper.  Oh, I am also having jaw and teeth pain……again!!!

In spite of my awful head pain, I am also thinking of each of you and your own bwd nightmare.  I am walking in your shoes, maybe with a different shoe print, but going down the same path to recovery.

Hugs and biggie thanks for listening!!!

GG

Lots going on with everyone!  I am in the ER this morning.  Blood pressure is 183/84 and my anxiety is off the charts!  I am so very discouraged.  Thinking I need to go to treatment somewhere for some intensive help.  Of course, they will want to put me on benzos.  Maybe that is the answer.  I just don't know.  As you can tell, I am really, really struggling.  My daughter's situation (she has an eating disorder) is weighing on me heavily.  I cannot stop worrying about her.  All day long I am catastrophizing and can't seem to stop.    I am not sleeping well or eating much!!!

LiveLife:  I am so sorry about your husband's illness.  I will be praying for him!!!  I am sorry you are struggling.  This is all so hard.

GG: Sorry about the return of your headaches! 

Buddies:  I just don't know what to think anymore.  I feel so damaged.  I am really scared right now!

Much love to everyone! 

Lisa

Dear Lisa, please know that I am with you now in thought and prayer!  I, too, have ended up in the ER with very high blood pressure all due to stress and anxiety.  This is situational based on your anxiety over your daughter’s eating disorder and that is completely understandable.  I suffered from anorexia for several years and was admitted to a wonderful facility where I stayed for thirty days and totally recovered.  My poor mother had to foot the bill as I was a young woman with a low salary and no insurance at that time!

You will get through this as will your daughter!

Hugs in abundance from me to you!

GG

So sorry to hear that Lisa . I very nearly went to A& E at the weekend my anxiety off the wall since stopping the unisom. No help from my GP will only give me anti depressants that make me worse. Continually washing my hands at moment, a new OCD type gift thank you  Unisom. Sounds like it's stress over your daughter causing this . I wish I could give you an answer. I rang emergency mental Heath number Friday nothing. Good old NHS. Seems we are all  suffering at moment. I really didn't think could get any worse. Live, Lady Den and GG think we all need a miracle worker to appear. I sympathise Lisa  with severe anxiety being my primary symptom I know how awful it is xx

LadyDen, I am so very sorry that you have recently taken on some extra cruel symptoms to have to contend with!  Oh, the cruelty of this is mind bending, and I am so ready to get my rugged and sturdy rope ready to tie up Mr.  Benzo Bully!

Hugs,

GG

Thank you GG darling. Im doing my best to hang in there. Warm hugs! 🤗🌹

GG,

Thank you so much. I sure wish this would end soon because I can barely hang on. I know I've said that before but it's getting worse. I really need a break.  Hopefully soon.

LadyDen,

I'm so sorry you're having such a problem with sounds triggering your anxiety. It's so terrible how cruel this situation is. We think we've gotten past something and then it just circles right back around without any hesitation. I'm terribly sick of Mr Benzo Bully.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Yes I’m soooooo sick of him too! How are you feeling?

Good Morning BB’s.  I am reaching out once again to ask for hope, support and prayers. I have finally gotten through the UTI issues, and am beyond grateful for that!  I fear, however, that the many antibiotics and a small dose of a steroid in the IV bag pre-biopsy surgery has truly upset the proverbial apple cart with a return of the awful brain burning headaches.  I did not have them during the almost three months of the UTI infection and other female issues, but now they are popping up every few days.  I enjoyed last Friday and Saturday headache free, but since Sunday I have awakened to awful vice like, pounding, fire burning head pain.  Tylenol is not helping so am pretty much left to try and just get through it.

Do you believe that the different antibiotics are playing a role in the return of the head pain?  I know I have asked this question before, but when the pain is this bad, I feel desperate enough to ask for reassurance.  BTW, when I sprained my ankle on September 2nd, followed by an ER visit the next day, I had to have a brain MRI because I am on a blood thinner and the doctor wanted to check for a brain bleed.  No brain bleed and everything looked fine on the MRI!

I so hate to sound like Pete and Repeat sitting on the fence, but I guess this whiplash of off and on head pain is wearing thin now in my 31 months plus a couple of weeks post Valium taper.  Oh, I am also having jaw and teeth pain……again!!!

In spite of my awful head pain, I am also thinking of each of you and your own bwd nightmare.  I am walking in your shoes, maybe with a different shoe print, but going down the same path to recovery.

GG

Dear GG

I also suffer a lot from these burning brain headaches. I am sure they can come back from a small dose of steroid or antibiotics.

Did you also had burning pain in your body or just pain, numbness, or anything else, or is it mainly in your head?

Best, Jørgen

GG

Can you take co codamol GG. When I have bad head only thing that eases it. I know some people can't tolerate codeine. I was on low dose anti biotics for over year when got lot uti don't remember getting lot headaches, But think we are sensitive to everything in withdrawal.

So sorry to hear about your husband Live, I wish him a speedy recovery xx

Lisa,

I'm so very sorry for your stress and your high BP.  Being in the ER is NOT FUN. I hate to hear about your daughter. I have a son with some issues that are not life threatening but onerous nonetheless so I understand to a certain extent.  I'll be thinking of you and hoping the docs at the ER can help you.

Live Life,

Again today I'm thinking of you with love and your husband too. 

GG,

You know I'm on your side and hoping your headaches subside.

Lady Den,

I'm really hoping you're feeling ok and able to get outside.  BIG hugs to my buddy, LD.

Jb, Leann, J Ben, Becks, Hellyiona, Deanna, Fire, JordanJack and all of you, I send my best thoughts as always.

I'm doing well.  I've had 3 good days and today (the 4th day) has started off well.  Loud tinnitus is my only major complaint right now so I am enjoying a nice window.  Hoping for that for each of you.

Peace,

Helen

Thank you Helen. Nice to hear you are doing well🙏

I have a question for you all. How do I know that I don't have fibromyalgia, as my doctor thinks I have?

GG

GG I know what those headaches are like. Wow I hate when I get one. I’m pretty sure your body is perhaps still reacting to the many antibiotics and other treatments you’ve had. But it could be just your symptoms circling back for an welcomed visit. That happens in this recovery as you well know. I’m sorry the Tylenol is not helping. And congrats on your 31 months! You’ve done well in spite of all you’ve been through with urinary issues. I hope your headache goes away real soon. Sending you love ❤️

Lots going on with everyone!  I am in the ER this morning.  Blood pressure is 183/84 and my anxiety is off the charts!  I am so very discouraged.  Thinking I need to go to treatment somewhere for some intensive help.  Of course, they will want to put me on benzos.  Maybe that is the answer.  I just don't know.  As you can tell, I am really, really struggling.  My daughter's situation (she has an eating disorder) is weighing on me heavily.  I cannot stop worrying about her.  All day long I am catastrophizing and can't seem to stop.    I am not sleeping well or eating much!!!

LiveLife:  I am so sorry about your husband's illness.  I will be praying for him!!!  I am sorry you are struggling.  This is all so hard.

GG: Sorry about the return of your headaches! 

Buddies:  I just don't know what to think anymore.  I feel so damaged.  I am really scared right now!

Much love to everyone! 

Lisa

Lisa I’m sorry about your anxiety kicking up due to issues with your daughter. I hope you can avoid being put on a benzo. Especially after you’ve come so far and done so well. I know how you feel. My anxiety hit me also a few days ago. Wow it seems we all are getting slammed again. I’m so tired of seeing myself and all my lovely friends still struggling with this crap. I’m sending you much love and big big hugs 🤗

I truly hope you can find a way to push through. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

So sorry to hear that Lisa . I very nearly went to A& E at the weekend my anxiety off the wall since stopping the unisom. No help from my GP will only give me anti depressants that make me worse. Continually washing my hands at moment, a new OCD type gift thank you  Unisom. Sounds like it's stress over your daughter causing this . I wish I could give you an answer. I rang emergency mental Heath number Friday nothing. Good old NHS. Seems we are all  suffering at moment. I really didn't think could get any worse. Live, Lady Den and GG think we all need a miracle worker to appear. I sympathise Lisa  with severe anxiety being my primary symptom I know how awful it is xx

Yes we need the window fairy real fast! Sending you big hugs 🤗

Thank you Helen. Nice to hear you are doing well🙏

I have a question for you all. How do I know that I don't have fibromyalgia, as my doctor thinks I have?

Jb, I don't really know much about fibromyalgia so I can't speak to your situation but I do know that I never had the burning/tingling, deep aching in my legs and sometimes arms before I took the meds.  It's a really particular kind of feeling that I can't attach to anything other than withdrawal.  I'd be very careful about taking any fibromyalgia meds while you are still in WD.  Hoping you get some relief very soon, Jorgen.

Helen

Helen - yes - I won't take any meds. I don’t think they help anyways.

I also didn’t have the burning, deep aching, and most of all the other stuff before I took the meds. But maybe the meds triggered fibromyalgia?

I am just worried that I don't get any windows at all, but just constant suffering day and night...

GG,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. They are greatly appreciated. I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering with these terrible headaches again.  It is very possible that everything you've been through has caused a bit of a flare up for you hoping this will settle down and things will get into balance again very soon.

Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I completely understand what it's like to be severely worried about a dear family member. Hoping for all the best and that she can get some good help to move through this.  Sometimes it's so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I keep saying I want to be in the future and looking back on this and remembering it as a faint memory and that my husband's recovered and I'm doing better. So, I completely understand all of your distress.

LadyDen,

I am suffering pretty badly right now.  It's so difficult when I have this chemical fear to not attach it to my husband's diagnosis.  I am trying very hard to stay positive.

Helen,

Thank you so much again for your words of encouragement.

Leann,

I'm so sorry you're in a setback from the unisound. Hopefully with enough time going by this is going to settle down for you and you will get back to a better baseline and things are going to improve.

Sending warm love and hailing hugs to all,

LiveLife

Helen - yes - I won't take any meds. I don’t think they help anyways.

I also didn’t have the burning, deep aching, and most of all the other stuff before I took the meds. But maybe the meds triggered fibromyalgia?

I am just worried that I don't get any windows at all, but just constant suffering day and night...

I don't get Windows just case some days cope bit better than others. I don't think everybody gets windows, but not an indication that you won't recover. Going cold turkey I think increases severity of symptoms. Everyone seems different, you may well find Windows will still appear for you yet.