12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Leann, I was polydrugged as the doctors kept trying to find a medicine that would "fix" me.  This is why I am still recovering at 32 months.  I was given gabapentin, baclofen, Xanax, valium, tramadol, and so many others that I did not need.  My son has had pretty bad anxiety but will not take any meds as they made him feel worse

He mainly works out and stays busy!  I wish I had some good and helpful answers for you!  Many of us come away with some lingering symptoms and just have to learn to live with them.....sad but true!  Anxiety levels have gone sky high since the pandemic, even young children are suffering!

Hugs,

GG

Just get so angry wanted some diazapam just to take occasionally. They would rather stick me on a med that can cause whole load of medical problems that have take every day. The fact they made no comment about CT so wrong, she broke every rule in the book. I have no faith in medical profession any longer. My symptoms are severe but think could end with physical as well if took this.

I’ve tried everything. Just very resistant to taking anything else. They wanted me take pregabelin , side effects sound horrendous, Maybe just have get used to having restricted life fir however long it takes. Seems could end up with load medical problems as well if I take the Seroquel.

Hey Leann.  Sharing my opinion on this - and this is just an opinion.  I am not a medical professional and my opinion is formed from anecdotal observations. 

If I were in your shoes, I would stop taking rescue doses of benzo, unisom and anything else that acts on your gaba receptors (there is a HUGE list).  I would avoid putting anything in my body. 

Additionally I have seen folks get really bad side effects from drugs like Seroquel.  I have heard that pregabelin can help BUT comes with its own issues and needs to be slowly, slowly tapered once you decide to come off.  I know you have tried SSRI’s but have you tried to micro-dose them.  I know a member here who tried 1/8th of a lexapro pill every other day and he said it saved his life.  His fear, depression and anxiety lifted after 3-4 weeks.  He also said he could not tolerate SSRI’s or any other drug before he tired micro-dosing.

We are routing for you.  Hugs.

:smitten:

Yes I did micro taper withdrawal was horrendous. Lexapro similar to citalopram that I took. Was on tiny tiny dose tried 3 AD. I haven’t been taking rescue doses, not meant mention about other stuff did. Sunday.  Just because I think stopping the unisom might caused these new symptoms, might be worth doing a micro taper as stopped them only recently. Pregabelin seems cause some pretty bad side effects to. Just so angry no one will acknowledge the GP broke all the rules. Sorry just letting off steam at the complete incompetence of medics. Guess I’m not the only one thinks that😌

LadyDen:  So sorry you are in a tough spot.  Yes, I had a rough time at 27-28 months and it lasted about three months.  I know that is not very good news, but you may be in a wave that lasts a little while and then have some really good healing.  Of course, we are all different, but for some reason it seems like the waves that we get towards the end of this process linger for a while.

Are you having a better day today?

Lisa

LadyDen,

Yes I've read some success stories where people got worse around the 28, 29 month mark and supposedly 2 and a 1/2 years can be a turning point. I'm certainly hoping that that's the case, because we're both getting very close.  I've read 2 and a 1/2 to 3 years lots of changes can take place.  Today has been absolutely horrific. Monday evening I had about 30 minutes that felt almost normal and I thought I'm on my way and then Bang window shuts.  Same thing with yesterday mid morning I had a bit of a time frame where things lightened up but then they got worse than ever again. This is just so cruel and difficult to handle.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected in your recovery.  I am always thinking of everyone here who is suffering still.

I am once again fostering some kittens.  I fostered last year this time and it really stressed me in terms of physically taking care of just one kitten.  This time I feel so much stronger and I am enjoying them immensely!  There are five of them and they have each other so they are less needy, but so darned cute.  Kitten therapy anyone?

I agree with what many of you are saying that big changes come at 2.5 - 3 years.  Hang in there!!!

Deanna,

I love kitten's! When my daughter was in high school she worked as a veterinary assistant part time and she brought home some teeny tiny kittens to nurse and take care of.  They were absolutely adorable. It's so good that you can tell you're getting stronger and this time it's more enjoyable. Good for you! I can't wait till I'm strong enough to get on with my life. Hopefully that's coming soon. Hugs!

LiveLife

Leann,

I have read some success stories of buddies that have taken Seroquel and once they heal they were able to wean off of it. I know it's not the best idea to be taking another drug, but I think it would be better to not take a benzo if you're going to take anything at all. That sounds too dangerous to me. Seroquel might be a safer choice. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hi Live, having read the horrendous possible side effects, seems could give bad physical symptoms on top of the mental ones, plus having to take another pill every day means having to endure another withdrawal nit willing risk making things worse. I have taken diazapam  in past on as needed basis with no withdrawal. No one has said Seroquel helps anxiety only says makes you sleepy, not worth the associated side effects it causes. Can cause suicidal thoughts amongst whole list other things. She also suggested Lyrica which sounds worse than Benzo to come off. Read largely bad stuff about them.  Guess have just hope eventually things ease. Sounds like would end up even worse and another withdrawal hell  on these drugs.

Deanna, hopefully you can post pics of the new foster kittens.  I miss having a kitten and cat, but can't have one again.  I'm too sick now.

LadyDen:  So sorry you are in a tough spot.  Yes, I had a rough time at 27-28 months and it lasted about three months.  I know that is not very good news, but you may be in a wave that lasts a little while and then have some really good healing.  Of course, we are all different, but for some reason it seems like the waves that we get towards the end of this process linger for a while.

Are you having a better day today?

Lisa

Lisa, not very much yesterday but it was better than the day before. I certainly hope mine don’t last that long. Seems so many have a rough 27,28 or 29 months. The big chunks of healing afterwards sounds great! Wouldn’t it be so lovely to have my vestibular issues leave when this clears? Wow what a blessing that would be! Thank you for your reply. It helps to confirm what I knew this was….

I hope you’re still doing well?

🌹❤️

LadyDen,

Yes I've read some success stories where people got worse around the 28, 29 month mark and supposedly 2 and a 1/2 years can be a turning point. I'm certainly hoping that that's the case, because we're both getting very close.  I've read 2 and a 1/2 to 3 years lots of changes can take place.  Today has been absolutely horrific. Monday evening I had about 30 minutes that felt almost normal and I thought I'm on my way and then Bang window shuts.  Same thing with yesterday mid morning I had a bit of a time frame where things lightened up but then they got worse than ever again. This is just so cruel and difficult to handle.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Live, I’m having the same experience as you. I get very short windows now that this has started. Then another wave. Yesterday was a longer window for about 45 minutes. So I’m agreeing with you that this is just intensified fine tuning or the brain is taking on more repairs at once. From what I read, we feel that happening by way of more intense symptoms and waves with new symptoms popping in and out randomly. I’ve read about it happening toward the end too. Around the 27-29 milestones. I’m sure hoping that we get the big reward of MUCH healing when this corner is turned. It crossed my mind yesterday what GG always says….once you get another month under our belts then we don’t have to do that month over. I want to wish you a slightly early happy 29 months as I try to celebrate my 28 months today. I just love it when Benzo Bully is proven a liar with time!  :thumbsup:

We ARE healing each day or else we wouldn’t be feeling it. I hope we both get a nice long visit from the window fairy today. We sure could use it! Sending you love ❤️

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected in your recovery.  I am always thinking of everyone here who is suffering still.

I am once again fostering some kittens.  I fostered last year this time and it really stressed me in terms of physically taking care of just one kitten.  This time I feel so much stronger and I am enjoying them immensely!  There are five of them and they have each other so they are less needy, but so darned cute.  Kitten therapy anyone?

I agree with what many of you are saying that big changes come at 2.5 - 3 years.  Hang in there!!!

Deanna how cute! I want one! Please!!! Well, even though I want one it doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. I couldn’t even take it to the vet because I can’t drive yet. But wow I would love to have the company of a cute kitty that I don’t have to take for a walk and it uses litter box. Easy pet to have. Maybe when I’m better I’ll get one.

So you had your big change at your 2 1/2 -3 years too. I do recall that since I’ve known you my whole recovery time. That’s very encouraging. I’m thinking of you too and so glad that you see a big difference in your recovery to care for those cutie pies. Makes us all very hoped so thank you for sharing!

Love you bunches! ❤️🌹 Tell those kittens Lady Den sends them a hug.

Deanna, hopefully you can post pics of the new foster kittens.  I miss having a kitten and cat, but can't have one again.  I'm too sick now.

Am sorry Becks  :hug:

Lady Den, happy 28th month! I wish for you a day of feeling good enough to celebrate with some gentle walking and a chance to smile at the sun.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Lisa and Helen!  :hug:

A walk would be nice since I haven’t been outside in almost a week. If I get a window I’ll at least get some fresh air and sun. It’s cold here but I don’t mind that.

You know what? I was looking at my ticker here at the bottom and the thought crossed my mind that it would be nice if our tickers showed our healed date. Ha! Wouldn’t that be a game changer!?

I’m the same timeframe 28 months off the AD’s. Very defeated after yesterday, reading up on meds offered by the psych  seems they can cause suicidal thoughts, and alter thoughts mood, mental symptoms , also  cause dizzyness, nausea, weight gain,  affect cholesterol, blood sugar levels, also can be addictive. So think they would push me into even more depression. Do any of them actually know what they are doing?

LadyDen,

Congratulations on month 28! Let's hope in the next couple of months or sooner please, we start seeing some big improvements. These mini windows give us a glimpse of what it could be. I try to hang on to that because it's so hard to get through the day otherwise. Big Hugs!

LiveLife

Well I cant stand the tooth pain any longer.  I am off to the dentist this afternoon.  If there is lidocaine involved I may need some HUGE support over the next few weeks.  Ugh I hate that EVERYTHING seems to affect gaba receptors!!

LadyDen, HAPPY HAPPY 28th month to you🎉🎉🎉😍😍🍭🍭🍭.  As for the timeframe you are now in compared to mine, here is a little backstory:  I felt almost healed at 25 months in May, but suffered a setback from a UTI and female issues that presented in mid-June and which lasted up until late August, early September.  I was put on numerous antibiotics, suffered a botched uterine biopsy, hospitalized for three days, given a steroid pre-surgery, all followed by a pretty bad fall on September 2nd.  Obviously quite a bit of trauma all at once, which brought on some nasty waves much like what you are experiencing now.  My CNS was not very happy and let me know it with acute symptoms revisiting and some new symptoms hopping on board!

I will celebrate 32 months next Tuesday and am seeing some pretty good improvement.  I had a half hour consultation with Dr. Jennifer Leigh this past Tuesday and she said that I am doing fairly well in spite of all the antibiotics, the uterine perforation, and the hospitalization….and being 75!  We mainly discussed my burning pain headaches and the importance of getting my gut back into good health.  She wants me to try a plant based diet, which I will, but will keep fish and chicken on the menu a few days a week.  So, from my 26 month up until the past few weeks, I also had some pretty bad, all over the board, revolving in and out symptoms.  Pretty depressing!  I had some early on acute symptoms come back around, and a few new symptoms surfaced for a short time. 

LadyDen, it seems as if you are in the last big wave which many buddies report having gone through the closer they got to the last big recovery window.  This is so difficult as your mind and body is tired from the constant wave and window pattern, but now is the time to dig deep and wait it out.  It does bear repeating, as you did in your post, that you will never ever have to repeat the past months of suffering you have experienced.  Yea for that!

JBen, I am with you in spirit as you bravely face the dental chair this afternoon.  I so hope you have noooooo reaction to the lidocaine and can finally see your way back to healing.

I have an appointment with a highly recommended orthopedic Dr/surgeon tomorrow morning to see if possibly when I fell in September the jarring motion jostled my somewhat unstable cervical region in my neck as I am having more neck and shoulder pain.  I would be thrilled if he finds a minor disk issue (I have three bulging disks in my neck which were diagnosed several years ago) which can be fixed with physical therapy.  My neurologist thinks I have occipital nerve pain, not migraines, which I have believed for some time!

Love and hugs to all😍😍😍😍😍

GG