12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

LadyDen:  so sorry about your rough night and day!!  Not fun!!!  I have not had tinnitus during this journey, but I know it can be very debilitating!  Did you end up talking to your new neighbors?

I hope you have a better day today!  Maybe you can even get outside for a walk!

Much love to you!!!!!

Lisa

LadyDen I am so sorry you now have this external stressor which is impacting you.  I know going through this process we try to control every aspect of our lives to best manage the symptoms, and now this is seemingly out of your control.  I think you are on the right path with the earplugs.  And I think it is very appropriate to introduce yourself to you new neighbors and explain your situation.  You are such a lovely person I can't imagine that they will respond poorly to you, so I guess it could be worth a try.

Just a thought that I know I struggled with things out of my control too.  And when that happens I think the anxiety about the situation is actually the instigator for the uptick in symptoms, so it's a nasty cycle of worry and then symptoms and more worry.  I had some of my worst symptoms when I had to travel for a funeral totally outside my comfort zone.  I know it's hard but keep up your deep slow breathing which sends signals of safety to your brain and that can downshift the anxiety cycle.

I know you will find a way to navigate this, and find your way back to inner peace to continue on your healing journey  :smitten:

Hi LadyDen  :)

I don't know if you will remember me but I wanted to check in and say thankyou because you were so encouraging at a critical moment in my recovery... in my life, actually. I'm 2 years and 3 months almost since my last dose. I still have some relatively minor symptoms and plenty of work to do rebuilding my life. These days I write quite prolifically - mainly poetry and some comedy. I remember being nervous about revealing this side of my character even to an Internet person across the other side of the world. But you were really nice about it and really encouraging. It helped this repressed dude to come out of his shell. It helped a lot, so thanks!  :smitten:

Sorry to see that you are still experiencing a profound level of negative symptoms, although I am not entirely surprised given how severe they were when we were talking, perhaps 2.5 years ago. I can see that you are able to do some walking though and it makes me happy that there is tangible progress.

Take care x

:highfive::mybuddy: Diaz well hello there buddy! Wow it’s great to hear from you. I’ve been wondering how you’ve been. I’m so happy to hear that you’re recovering and what I told you has proven to be true with time. Wow I’d really like to read some of what you’ve been working on or have done. I bet it’s fabulous! I recall us being about the same timeframe off as well. It brings me much joy to know you’re on the other side with just minor annoyances….enjoying your creative new you!

Yes I’m still in the struggle. Hard to wrap my mind around this but it is what it is and I’m staying as positive as I can. And yes I have made significant progress with still a little more ways to go. I don’t doubt that I’ll get there! Thank you for your love and support. I agree that progress is progress no matter how slow. Since we’ve spoken last, I’ve been doing poetry and art as well.

Not sure if you’ve been to the poetry thread in awhile….please go check it out and leave us all some of your poetry to enjoy  :thumbsup: the poetry cafe has been a great outlet for quite a few buddies. The more the merrier. May you continue to heal nicely and I’m looking forward to reading your success story real soon, my friend! And you’re very welcome for any encouragement/ support that I extended to you. I’m just as grateful for what you and others gave to me. So thank you too!

Warm big hugs 🤗

LadyDen:  so sorry about your rough night and day!!  Not fun!!!  I have not had tinnitus during this journey, but I know it can be very debilitating!  Did you end up talking to your new neighbors?

I hope you have a better day today!  Maybe you can even get outside for a walk!

Much love to you!!!!!

Lisa

Hugs Lisa. Yes all day yesterday was waves from the bass music exposure the night before so no walking. And yes I did talk to my neighbors. They seemed to be understanding. As I thought, they’re young ( early to mid 20’s). I nicely welcomed them and extended a neighborly gesture if they needed anything. I only spoke to one of them but she said she’d let her roommate know my situation and keep the music down. Well, sure enough last night about 8:30 - 9 they started playing music for a little while BUT true to her word, it was turned down to barely audible on my end. My sensitivity is so bad that I began to react to it. I took a few deep calming breaths to head off the anxiety attack. I put in my earplugs and played a game online to further distract. It drowned it out almost completely. I was able to go to sleep in spite of my new night pulsating / vibrating and a headache.  :thumbsup: This morning the pulsating is gone. yay! I hope it doesn’t come back. I also feel better than I did yesterday. So hopefully go outside today. Thank you for asking sweet friend.

How are you doing today? Are you still doing well? Weekend plans?

Love and hugs 🤗❤️

LadyDen I am so sorry you now have this external stressor which is impacting you.  I know going through this process we try to control every aspect of our lives to best manage the symptoms, and now this is seemingly out of your control.  I think you are on the right path with the earplugs.  And I think it is very appropriate to introduce yourself to you new neighbors and explain your situation.  You are such a lovely person I can't imagine that they will respond poorly to you, so I guess it could be worth a try.

Just a thought that I know I struggled with things out of my control too.  And when that happens I think the anxiety about the situation is actually the instigator for the uptick in symptoms, so it's a nasty cycle of worry and then symptoms and more worry.  I had some of my worst symptoms when I had to travel for a funeral totally outside my comfort zone.  I know it's hard but keep up your deep slow breathing which sends signals of safety to your brain and that can downshift the anxiety cycle.

I know you will find a way to navigate this, and find your way back to inner peace to continue on your healing journey  :smitten:

How sweet you are, Deanna! Thank you for your insight and advice. Yes as soon as the bass triggers me I start my deep controlled breathing and put in my earplugs along with a pair of headphones. You’re right that anxiety attacks revs up symptoms so it’s best to initiate calming techniques when it happens to break that cycle. Thank you for sharing your experience with that. I tell myself that I’m safe. It’s just bass in the music and try to stay calm. It’s unreal that my brain is viewing bass as a threat. But under the circumstances it’s not unheard of in this community. Although I’ve read of new symptoms popping up even this far out, it’s still unbelievable. As soon as I make progress in my walking something else comes along before I can enjoy the new healing level for a bit. Lol 😝 but that’s how this is for some of us. As you said I’m definitely going to continue my healing journey….apparently this is part of it. Not fun but I’m doing all I can taking one day at a time. I can’t wait to heal completely. And I still believe in my healing.

Love you bunches sweet Deanna. Enjoy your weekend. 🌹💗

Leeann:  I read your post and now I have more questions!!!  Hope you don't mind.  I am just trying to get a timeline on when and what you have taken.  You said you took diazepam when your husband was I'll.  How long ago was that?  How many days did you take it?  That could explain what is going on.  You cannot take a benzo during this process.  It "resets" your brain as if you were starting withdrawal over.  That is a very simplistic way of putting it.  You have to abstain from benzos and alcohol completely!!  Not only does it reset your brain, but it also adds the kindling effect - each subsequent withdrawal is harder that the one before.    I am sure you have read all this before, but I just wanted to remind you.  You brain needs rest from all substances in order to heal.  Also, are there other things you might be taking that are effecting you left CNS?  As far as the AD, yes they can be just as hard to get off of as a benzo, but they also can be very helpful.  I am in no way recommending you take an AD, but some people have found them beneficial.  ADs actually make you feel terrible when you first start taking them.  You can feel more anxious the first couple of weeks.  This is all just for your info!  Once again, I am not recommending that you, or anyone else, take an AD!! 

Bottom line - I hope you can get to a place where this is more manageable.  I am not sure what that looks like for you, but I know it is possible.  Most of us on this thread are very uncomfortable a good bit of the time, but we have managed to live one day at a time and to try to focus on some of the good things that have come from this experience.  Suffering is hard work!!!  Suffering is part of life.  This suffering is especially hard because we didn't understand the damage these drugs were doing to our brains until we decided to stop taking them.

I 100% agree!

Hi... I just "celebrated" 1 year off and it sucks its with a wave... see my post about exploding head syndrome in the Insomnia section.

Other than broken sleep, still frequent less than 4 hr sleep and hypnic stuff, the other symptoms I had seem pretty much gone. The lack of sleep is more than I can handle though

Hi Ilona welcome to this thread! Glad to have you join us! Congrats on 1 year!  :thumbsup:

Yes insomnia seems to be a popular nuisance in this community. I was just messaging another buddy on the zdrug thread who’s dealing with the same thing as you. From what I’ve read on here, it resolves with time just as all the symptoms do.

What have you tried so far to get more sleep? What helped? Are you taking anything?

I hope very soon you’ll start getting more sleep. As the brain heals this usually occurs spontaneously off and on. Then it becomes more often sleeping longer. Then a couple of nights in a row, etc. It’s very common. If you’d like to check out what helped others maybe you can read through the zdrug thread or sleep threads.

Best wishes and hope you began soon to get more sleep.

Would appreciate your prayers!!!  I have been doing really well, but we have a very stressful situation going on with one of our daughters, and I am back in the tank again!!

This is journey is so hard!!!  My coping skills are non-existent at the moment.  All I am doing is ruminating, worrying and catastrophizing.

Just went on a short walk and now my heart is pounding, sweating, etc. 

Thanks!!

Lisa

Checking on everyone else!  LiveLife, Deanna, LadyDen, Leeann, Helen.  Thinking about y'all.

Welcome, Ilona

Hi Lisa.  I am sorry you are having some rebound symptoms from a stressful situation with your daughter!  I remember you went through this before, and it eventually worked its way out.  Please remember that this too will end and you will feel better soon.

I have been doing better except for the return of some of those killer headaches!

Sending healing hugs and prayers.

GG

Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering. Try to stay calm and do some deep breathing and use positive self talk. I know it isn't easy. Right now I'm going through something really bad, my husband who has been my best supporter so loving and positive is going through a serious health crisis and it's very difficult. I don't know if that's flared up my symptoms but it definitely hasn't helped. The last month they've been worse than ever. The fear has been off the charts,  pretty much nonstop.  I want to be a positive encouraging influence in his life and right now I'm struggling so badly. This is such a nightmare!

Sending warm love and  healing hugs!

Hi LiveLife.  I am sorry that you are now facing a difficult situation with your husband’s health.  I know you have had almost non-stop suffering, and when your very supportive husband is having his own health issues, it can seem so very overwhelming. 

I pray that your husband will return to good health soon and can continue to be the loving, supportive husband he has always been.

Hugs,

GG

GG,

I really, really hope your headaches go away. I wish we could understand why they are so bad right now.

Lady Den,

I read about your weekend with your daughter and hope the dinner this evening is going well. 

Decatur,

I'm really disappointed to hear about your issues with your daughter and how bad you feel. Sit as quietly as you can and focus on your breathing. I pray things resolve for you and your family. I think issues with our families are the most stressful things of all.

Live Life,

I pray for you and your husband's health situation.  The stressors we survive sometimes make my head spin.  I'm so sorry for your continued stress and suffering.

Hellyiona,

The one year off mark was really nasty for me.  The insomnia can be be brutal.  Hang in there. Your brain is trying to fix itself.  So hard.... I know. 

J Ben,

I hope you are finding some calm in your storm.

I just returned from a weekend at the beach with 2 friends. I hadn't dared go away with anyone other than my hubby for a long while but I invited just the right friends and things went great! I felt HORRIBLE Friday morning and didn't think I'd make it but it turned out really, really nice.  Lots of relaxing and laughing and talking. I had some nice beach walks and just a fun, cozy time.  We hit bad traffic on I 40 on the way home and I was a cool as a cucumber while my friend drove.  Whatever brought this on...I'll take more of it!!  I only wish all of you felt good too.  I know this window can slam shut so I'm just going to be happy for what I've got right now. 

Best hopes to all of you,

Helen

Would appreciate your prayers!!!  I have been doing really well, but we have a very stressful situation going on with one of our daughters, and I am back in the tank again!!

This is journey is so hard!!!  My coping skills are non-existent at the moment.  All I am doing is ruminating, worrying and catastrophizing.

Just went on a short walk and now my heart is pounding, sweating, etc. 

Thanks!!

Lisa

Checking on everyone else!  LiveLife, Deanna, LadyDen, Leeann, Helen.  Thinking about y'all.

Welcome, Ilona

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 Lisa! Try to stay calm sweetie. I hope all works out with your daughter real soon. I know how you feel. I’m slammed with anxiety too. I’m thinking of you. Please contact me if you’d like.

Warm big hugs 🤗

GG I’m so happy to see you posting. I’ve missed you !  :hug: how are you feeling?

Live sending you big hugs. Are you feeling any better? Trying to turn that corner? I hope so! 🤗❤️

Helen the dinner turned out well. I had big waves up until they arrived. I was so glad it broke enough for me to enjoy them a bit. Thankfully they didn’t stay as long as usual. I wore my earplugs the whole time. The girls were mostly calm. How was yours? Love and hugs 🤗❤️

Hello all my dear bb’s!  I am just stopping in briefly to say hi and to say I am feeling all the pain and suffering going on, and so wishing a magic wand could make it all go away.  There are some glimmers of healing going on which will grow as each day goes by for all of us!

My female issues are much better but will still have the cystoscopy done on October 28th just to put all the female issues to rest.

Right now I am mainly dealing with the awful pressure headaches that had pretty much died away!  Could possibly be from all the antibiotics over three months, a steroid given during the botched biopsy, the perforated uterus, and a lot of related stress.  Had a really nice Friday and Saturday out and about, then bam the burning brain started Sunday and continues today. 

I am sending the biggest hugs and offering up prayers for all of you.

Love,

GG

Hello Lovely LadyDen.  We just missed each other…..in fact I have truly missed you, with all your supportive words, your comedic turns, and your down right sweet personality.

I just read your post about feeling better the closer you got to serving up a home cooked dinner, and I marvel at how this happens!  I have felt like I was on my death bed before and then somehow, a window will open up to save the day!  How does this happen…is it mind over matter?  I felt warm and cozy when I first woke up today without a headache, but then after I moved around a bit I could feel the headache ramp up and a sickish feeling take hold.  Then I lay in bed for a bit and did the 4, 7, 8 breathing exercise which helped to lessen the symptoms.  Now I am somewhere in between and praying for a lovely window to open up later today.

I pray that this day is a good one for you!!!!

Love you,

GG

Still really struggling. Finally found someone else  who had as severe mental symptoms as I've got, taken her over 4 years to improve gives me bit hope. Unisom setback been awful

nearly ended up at A& E at weekend. Love and hugs to you all, hope you are all doing OK.xx

Leann, glad you are getting some much needed support from some one who has walked in your shoes.  It is reassuring when you can connect with a buddy who gets what you are going through.

Keep the faith!

Hugs,

GG

LadyDen,

I'm happy to hear you were able to get through your dinner.  I'm sorry to hear you're having anxiety, I hope that passes for you soon. This is all just too much! I'm just suffering really badly. The fear and other symptom are really bad.

My stomach has been flared backup again, makes it so hard. Feels like I've been punched in the gut and I'm nauseous. Sure wish I would turn that corner, I'm still waiting.

GG,

I'm glad to hear you had a couple good days but sorry to hear that you're suffering. I'm sure it's going to pass for you because you get such beautiful windows. Just hang on and keep the faith.

Sending warm love and healing hugs,

LiveLife

LiveLife, my heartfelt wish is to see a post from you sharing that you are feeling so much better and enjoying a multitude of windows! 

You are such a brave and loving person who deserves to feel well and happy!

Hugs,

GG

Hello Lovely LadyDen.  We just missed each other…..in fact I have truly missed you, with all your supportive words, your comedic turns, and your down right sweet personality.

I just read your post about feeling better the closer you got to serving up a home cooked dinner, and I marvel at how this happens!  I have felt like I was on my death bed before and then somehow, a window will open up to save the day!  How does this happen…is it mind over matter?  I felt warm and cozy when I first woke up today without a headache, but then after I moved around a bit I could feel the headache ramp up and a sickish feeling take hold.  Then I lay in bed for a bit and did the 4, 7, 8 breathing exercise which helped to lessen the symptoms.  Now I am somewhere in between and praying for a lovely window to open up later today.

I pray that this day is a good one for you!!!!

Love you,

GG

I’m looking forward to hearing all goes well with your upcoming test. I’m not sure about mind over matter because I was due for my evening window when it started letting up. But either way I was grateful to enjoy them as much as possible. They didn’t stay long. Glad your headache took a hike. Yay! I get them too every now and then mainly at night. This is good because I’m on my way to sleep anyway. And just like that…poof gone.  :thumbsup:

These new symptoms I have are not fun at all. Wow the anxiety is unreal. Especially as soon as I hear bass in music. Immediately causes anxiety attack. The vibrating/ pulsating is like I’m on a train or washing machine. It hangs around then poof gone. I hate feeling the vibrations of things around me…my refrigerator when it kicks on, the AC when it kicks on,even feeling the bass in music of planes or cars passing by, etc. I’ve been here over a year and these never bothered me. Benzo Bully is a cruel chit head!

GG let’s all get together tie him up and take turns using him as target practice?  :laugh:

Love and hugs 🤗❤️🌹

Still really struggling. Finally found someone else  who had as severe mental symptoms as I've got, taken her over 4 years to improve gives me bit hope. Unisom setback been awful

nearly ended up at A& E at weekend. Love and hugs to you all, hope you are all doing OK.xx

:mybuddy::hug::mybuddy::hug:

I’m glad you found someone in your timeframe to relate to. I hope you feel better today sweetheart. I was pretty bad Saturday all day…anxiety and other symptoms. Wow it sucked. Yesterday was a bit better with anxiety calming in the evening.

Love and hugs to you too 🌹💗