Losing coordination and ability to use muscles

[Sk...]

Benzo caused a lot of problems for me, muscle spasms, abdominal pain and insomnia. And a terrible anxiety. So I recognize your problems. I hope you feel better soon.

Seasalt. I never understood why I was so sick. Bronchitis, hoarseness for three months, sinusitis, palpitations, red spots on the face, muscle spasms, abdominal pain and I just wanted to crawl out of my own skin. A terrible anxiety, and insomnia. I had the same symptoms as WD.

I need desperate advice. My condition continues to deteriorate as I cut my dose slowly. I am losing my ability to use my hands and arms. I am very frightened. Also, it is becoming impossible for me to sleep, and I never get sleepy tired. It feels like the end is approaching. I am always dizzy, and lack of sleep is affecting me cognitively. How is this survivable?

Another night of 1.5 hrs of broken sleep. Woke up at 2 with burning skin, and couldn’t fall back asleep. I don’t think this is survivable in the long run. I still have 0.022 mg of that rat poison Clonazepam to cut, and I don’t think I can stand the withdrawal symptoms.

Today around noon I got a high pitched ringing in my left ear that lasted about 30 seconds. Now, seven hours later, my left ear feels congested with a lot of pressure. It is very uncomfortable, and I fear it will persist. Has anyone experienced this? Does it resolve on its own? I am certain it is due to benzo withdrawal. I have no quality of life anymore.

I have had ear ringing, congestion / fullness, and inner ear pain as though I had an ear infection. I get itchiness in my ears sometimes, too. The congested feeling has passed. I do still have tinnitus, but it's more of a hiss rather than a ring, and it's manageable.

All the ear issues are due to the receptors in the ears. I am not off benzos yet so I can't be 100% assured that my ear symptoms will pass, but I am encouraged that they've improved.

Just don't go trying to take antibiotics for a theoretical ear infection like I did.

I have hearing loss already. Did you experience that as well? Did it resolve quickly? My ear feels full, with a lot of pressure. I definitely lost a lot of hearing on that ear already over the course of 16 hours. I am frightened. Help! What should I do? I will see a doctor this morning.

I went to an ENT after I had had tinnitus for a month or two, just to ensure I wasn't dealing with any hearing issues that needed to be addressed. Turned out all was OK on that front.

I suspect the pressure will subside first. You may be dealing with ringing, hissing, or other similar issues for a while. I have read that tinnitus is one of the last benzo symptoms to go away.

I have read quite a bit about tinnitus other ear-related benzo issues, and so far I have not come across a story of anyone who dealt with permanent hearing loss from benzos.

Glad I saw the ear posts..!! -When I asked some yrs ago there wasnt much feedback..

I had one ear pouring out wax like discharge, and swollen or more constricted from some swelling around it.. It WASNT infected.. -Puddles of discharge when I slept on it and it got warm to drain..

It tied in with lyrica, but also benzo WD and earlier a high dose opiate CT in the mix..

Now it lurks, in mild form, and only when WD is increased post cut on my final med, oxy..

Iv worked out (im pretty sure) that its tension/inflammation triggering it, that tense jaw, TMJ, and facial nerve stuff..

Thankfully my Dr kinda accepts all this stuff and tends to swab n culture before prescribing antibiotics.. I recently had a different Dr insist black and blue it was infected, but it wasnt, Massage between the ear and TMJ helped..

Obviously just my experience, and im sure it could be different for others..

Steroid drops *may* have helped, im not sure, there was a lot going on when I tried them very briefly..

:)

-Yes, sometimes the “jet engines” really scream for some seconds, then drop back to the normal roar..  It sure makes the eyes go wide..!! :(

And yes, over the many years of discontinuations my overall hearing has been impacted, but I get the feeling its improving a bit now.. -Kinda like eyesight, and all the fine muscles etc. 

The joys of WD.. :(

I am down to 0.019 mg/day now, and my nightmare continues. I can’t feel light touch anywhere on my body. I am dizzy constantly. I have tons of muscle spasms, and my left ab muscle spasms each time I inhale. Now, to make matters worse, if I exercise at all, my body starts shaking uncontrollably. Has this happened to anyone else? Did it ever resolve? I am frightened.

Skyglider it appears you are now in acute withdrawal.  I suspect the drug is doing little to nothing for you.  Your body now is adjusting, you just need time.  Please practice paused breathing and try to remember this is just withdrawal, things will improve!

Seasalt52,

Yes, I am suffering terribly and have been for ten months. As I reduce the dose, my suffering increases exponentially, especially at this low level. Now, I am taking 0.019 mg/day, and every 0.001 mg cut is torture for me. Because Clonazepam is 20x as potent as Valium, my Valium dose equivalent is 0.38 mg, which is not a negligible dose from which I can jump. I don’t know how this will play out as I continue to cut. Last night I slept an hour, and my skin burned all night. I can’t feel light touch anywhere on my body and I have a lot of muscle spasms. Also, I am losing control over my body and muscles. Coordination is fading rapidly. How on earth this shit can be prescribed for insomnia is beyond me. It made my insomnia much, much worse. My life is crumbling before my eyes, and it is getting difficult to go to work. I really believe true healing won’t start till I am completely off this poison, I don’t know if I can survive cutting the dose to zero. I am in a living hell.

Skyglider,

I am on alprazolam(Xanax) which is the same strength.  I’m so sorry you are having it so tough.  Without sleep it certainly makes working near impossible.  I am also suffering muscle spasms as well.

Are you thinking of jumping at this point?

Seasalt52,

I don’t think I can jump from here. My symptoms are too severe. Actually, I believe Xanax is half the strength of Clonazepam, and that makes you better off than you think. My dose is small, but it’s effect on me isn’t small. I really don’t know what to do at this point. I really don’t. Without quality sleep, I can’t see how I will heal. I hope the best for you.

Glad I saw the ear posts..!! -When I asked some yrs ago there wasnt much feedback..

I had one ear pouring out wax like discharge, and swollen or more constricted from some swelling around it.. It WASNT infected.. -Puddles of discharge when I slept on it and it got warm to drain..

It tied in with lyrica, but also benzo WD and earlier a high dose opiate CT in the mix..

Now it lurks, in mild form, and only when WD is increased post cut on my final med, oxy..

Iv worked out (im pretty sure) that its tension/inflammation triggering it, that tense jaw, TMJ, and facial nerve stuff..

Thankfully my Dr kinda accepts all this stuff and tends to swab n culture before prescribing antibiotics.. I recently had a different Dr insist black and blue it was infected, but it wasnt, Massage between the ear and TMJ helped..

Obviously just my experience, and im sure it could be different for others..

Steroid drops *may* have helped, im not sure, there was a lot going on when I tried them very briefly..

-Yes, sometimes the “jet engines” really scream for some seconds, then drop back to the normal roar..  It sure makes the eyes go wide..!! :(

And yes, over the many years of discontinuations my overall hearing has been impacted, but I get the feeling its improving a bit now.. -Kinda like eyesight, and all the fine muscles etc. 

The joys of WD.. :(

I have water coming out of ear. Neuro is going to check for CSF leak.

I am down to 0.019 mg/day now, and my nightmare continues. I can’t feel light touch anywhere on my body. I am dizzy constantly. I have tons of muscle spasms, and my left ab muscle spasms each time I inhale. Now, to make matters worse, if I exercise at all, my body starts shaking uncontrollably. Has this happened to anyone else? Did it ever resolve? I am frightened.

I have lost touch sensation through whole body even inside mouth. Also lost all internal feedback from inside - feel completely hollow.

Texture and density of all objects feels wrong. Can’t bear to touch own body because feels unreal - like made of rubber. Touching my partner he feels the same. Causes creepy repulsion.

My skin doesn’t feel connected to the body underneath it. Even my teeth feel like dead lumps of too tight plastic.

Adjusta,

I am very to hear you are still terribly suffering with loss of sensation to touch. For me, the onset was very sudden, over the course of a couple of days. It has been getting worse as I cut the dose. How did it happen for you? What dose of Diazepam were you ott egg originally taking? Have your symptoms improved at all in time? It no longer feels like I am a human being.

The altered tactile stuff started on my fingertips in 2017 I think.

Then rest of body happened overnight in 2018. Had to reinstate because dystonia affected my diaphragm and literally couldn’t breathe.

I can feel scratch and now can feel very light touch but none of it feels connected to me at all. It a feels like rubber - scratch feels like through a rubber sheet. It has improved a little bit. I’ve been off 7 months now.

All my muscles atrophied over a 3 week period in 2018 & what os left is are like hard dead plastic - like they are dried out jerky, tight red and pulling. Severe weakness. All joints clunk and grind. Scans show severe arthritis in spine did not have in 2018.

It is irrelevant what benzo ppl were on and for how long. If ppl get severe symptoms they get stuck err symptoms.

Benzo Warrior on YouTube had complete loss of skin sensation and couldn’t feel and sun or breeze etc.

Hers got better after a few years.

Have people recovered from this? Ashton says it can resolve in a year or two, or be permanent. I have to hold out hope that this is not permanent. I also developed POTS and heart rate sometimes doubles when I stand. I no longer have a life because of the damage Clonazepam did to me. I was very athletic and fit before this happened. Now zi feel like I am 100 years old. There has to be a way back. There just has to be.

Yes, ppl have recovered.

Baylissa said Ashton changed her mind and said everyone recovers.

For me that is more difficult because I have pretty-existing ME & EDS and withdrawal has caused significant spinal degeneration, connective tissue degradation and mast cell problems none of which I had before. Obviously those things are not going to miraculously repair.

For most ppl though it is just altered nervous system functioning - basically a form of Functional Neurological Disorder caused by withdrawal which slowly, over time gradually resolves.

As long as you have had other illnesses ruled out I would assume it is withdrawal related and will eventually begin to resolve and then you can gradually start to build yourself back up again.

There are ppl who were diagnosed with ALS & MS in this who recovered because it was WD related.

I am very sorry you are also suffering with preexisting conditions, and hope that you get relief soon. It truly is appalling what those drugs do to one’s nervous system. They really need to be banned.