Losing coordination and ability to use muscles

[Sk...]

Three months off now, and life is unbearable. I continue to get worse. Slept less than one hour last night. I have severe burning skin, especially at night, and my left abdominal muscle spasms constantly and cramps painfully when I try to sleep. I am in constant hell. I never get sleepy tired anymore, so I am constantly awake for the torture. I have been working, but fear I won’t be able to for much longer. I have every symptom listed, and am losing hope fast. I have been dizzy with dr/dp for 17 months straight! I can’t feel light touch over most of my body and my hands often go completely numb for no reason. Has anyone had it this bad and made a full recovery?

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

Well, I have been off of my dose of Clonazepam for sleep for almost ten months now, and I continue to get worse in pretty much every respect, especially in the sleep department. All I get is a couple hours of highly fragmented sleep, and I usually wake up for good around 2:30 am with severe abdominal cramps and burning skin. I still do not get sleepy tired anymore, but I always feel absolutely horrible. I have tried taking Chamomile tea extract (Apigenin) and melatonin, but they don't seem to do anything for me. I am truly desperate at this point, but I refuse to take any more prescription rat poison. Neurologically, I am a complete mess. I have random muscle twitches throughout my body at a frequency of at least one per second. My internal body and legs feel like they are hooked up to a vibrating machine because they vibrate continuously, even at night when it is especially noticeable. All my joints hurt and make popping noises when I move them, and my muscles hurt and are wasting away from the effects of that drug. I don't know what the future will bring, but I hope I turn the corner in short order. I was a fool to take any of that rat poison for sleep, and especially stupid to trust know-nothing doctors who prescribe it at the drop of a hat without knowing how evil these poisons are and what damage they can do to your central nervous system. My life, and that of my entire family, has been shattered by what this drug did to me physically and mentally. I don't know were to go or to turn from here. I really don't, and I feel completely lost at this point.

Skyglider,

I know how you feel.  Muscle and joint pain/tightness/burning has been my number 1 symptom since I quite valium over 22 months ago.

Mostly on my right side - lower back, buttock, leg and abdomen.  Some days it is crippling and I can barely walk.  Very few windows although last month (July) was probably the best month overall in 2 years.  I was much more mobile and able to do things that I could not do last year.  This month (Aug) however has been an absolute nightmare and I am in a very nasty 3 week wave.  I cannot understand how it can be so bad after so long.

What usually helps is gentle swimming (although during these very nasty waves even that does not help much) and heat pads.

Hope you find some relief soon but if is of any comfort muscle and joint pain is a very common symptom when recovering from benzos.  One day at a time is the only way out of this hell.

A long shot but is medical cannabis legal where you live?  I didn't use it while I recovering but I've seen it helps some members. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have random muscle twitches throughout my body at a frequency of at least one per second. My internal body and legs feel like they are hooked up to a vibrating machine because they vibrate continuously, even at night when it is especially noticeable. All my joints hurt and make popping noises when I move them, and my muscles hurt and are wasting away from the effects of that drug.

These symptoms sound like BFS (Benign Fasciculation Syndrome in a nutshell).