Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group

[le...]

leann,

I just want to say I am wishing you well. I hope your sx have eased up a little and it's good to read that your having nights of good sleep. I'll keep you in my prayers.

HM

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [le...]

• [Ha...]

• [di...]

• [Da...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I do think it's more difficult to stay positive when your symptoms are largely mental  certainly for me anyway!

Thanks I do think it's more difficult to stay positive when your symptoms are largely mental  certainly for me anyway!

I have been off for 6 years (start to taper 6 months) and in total have had 40 months of setbacks of tortuous hellish worst mental symptoms ever!!!  Currently in a setback going into the 7th month - if I didn't have the mental torture, I could be positive, too.

I'm really struggling again. Don't know how much more I can take to be honest.. my head feels like it's going to explode, looping thoughts, intrusive thoughts the lot. WTF

Havingamare,

I am so sorry to hear you are suffering, clearly your body is still trying to adapt without the drug.  This will pass, please stay strong. 

Having a mare I had an adverse reaction to anti depressants while in withdrawal, sounds like similar thing happened to you. I had really severe symptoms for several months with bad waves. Still getting mental symptoms but they have levelled off to some extent even though ever present .I've never had a window, but the horrible waves have lessened, Sure they will for you as well, CBT does help some people, anything engaging your brain, crosswords, quizzes, jigsaws anything have think about it. Try reading Boombox boy's posts he had really tough time but recovered.

Feel I'm going backwards, had few days where almost felt improvement was being blocked, now getting rapid cycling symptoms again almost feels acute again. Mental symptoms are truly the worst, how can can you start going backwards when you do all the recommended self help coping mechanisms, life just sucks. Starting to think my brain been permanently damaged. Sorry to be such a misery but sinking fast.

Leann,

I am sorry your feeling so bad today. Your brain is always healing so hang in there. Many have had symptoms just as and as yours and had full recoveries. I hope you feel a lot better soon.

I am still struggling with insomnia. After Thursday night of 4 to 5 hours, last night, I had almost none. I just did a cut yesterday and so far, no symptoms beyond the insomnia but I don't need anything else. I know my brain is healing every day, just like yours is.

I hope you have a good 4th of July weekend, leann, and that your symptoms are minimal.

Take Care,

HM

Thanks I'm in UK so don't have 4th July celebrations here. Sorry about your insomnia, don't know which is worse that or mental crap both equally bad I think. Just don't feel J'm healing at all sorry just feeling low at moment good luck with your taper

Leann,

I know you feel crappy right now but it's a fact that your brain is healing. All of us on here have healing brains. It may not be going as fast and as effective as you'd like but it's healing. You're in my prayers.

HM

Thank you, starting to doubt that everyone fully recovers anymore. Such horrible feeling when you've totally lost control of your brain.

leann,

Sorry you're not having a lot of windows. Hang in there, though. There have been stories of people just like you that recovered just not as soon as other people. Don't give up hope. Hope can get you through the day. I have to stay hopeful too as my insomnia is horrible. I got a break a couple days ago and was able to sleep a couple extra hours but not usually. Hope keeps you going.

You can do this! Just remember others have had full recoveries eve after years. The brain is always healing.

HM

• 2 weeks later...

Not coping at all at moment, how is everyone else doing? In a horrible wave, awful intrusive thoughts, how can I still be getting horrible waves with no windows after 2.5 years of this crap. Mental symptoms are the worst😥

Hi leann,

I am bummed because I am on disability due to anxiety and my main med (Xanax) turned on me and now I have to taper from it and deal with rebound anxiety and insomnia. I hope to recover completely some day and go back to work and the gym. I need to, at least, be sleeping better. I also have constipation that nothing seems to help.

Are you able to work? I can clean a little and walk to the store and that's about it. I sure hope all I have read about healing is true.

I'm usually more optimistic than today. I feel your discouragement.

HM

I'm older so retired, must be tough if you can't work sorry you are still suffering. Just been day from hell today just needed to vent off a bit.

I understand, leann. My day started off that way too. I am feeling a little bit better now. Sorry today has been a day from hell for you. I hope tonight goes better.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondered how everyone is doing. Same constant anxiety and crazy thoughts here sadly. Hope some of you have improved. Trying not to be too pessimistic, but hard when your symptoms won't shift whatever you try.

Hi leann,

I am sorry your struggling today with anxiety and crazy thoughts. I am doing the same. I am still battling insomnia and some breakthrough WD anxiety so not functioning at 100%. I started taking tarzodone and it helps a little with depression so that part is better.

Take care of yourself,

HM

Glad you found something that helps a  bit. Plod on!

Thank you! I am feeling more anxious than usual today. I wonder if something like hydroxyzine would even help?

Can't do this any more, feel worse than ever going backwards this week. What hell did I do to deserve this symptoms changing within few hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone feels like every day is Groundhog Day. Don't feel dramatically worse, but symptoms don't seem to improve, like you are on a permanent loop. I know everyone says mental symptoms take long time to heal, have just ordered some l glutamine, as meant to calming influence. Has anyone tried it. Just seems however I try to distract almost stuck on permanent repeat if that makes sense. Yet to get that elusive window? Did try keeping a journal but when little changes apart from a wave every so often no much to write.

Hey leann,

It must be a few months since we last spoke. I know you're struggling but I see improvement in you every time I check in. It's hard to see it from day-to-day, when today always looks a lot like yesterday. But the improvement we have both made is undeniable if you remember the nasty argument we got into? There was a time when you were so much in pain and strife that you couldn't see anything else, but now you offer encouragement to other members. Your posts are A LOT clearer and easier to read, which is a sign that your cognition is improving which means your brain is healing. It's going slower than you wish and you're displeased about not having felt like your real self for so long. It is certainly not fair on you and it's valid to sometimes get frustrated. But know that you are healing. You are better than you were and, in the future, you'll be better still than you are now. You are going in the right direction. I think that it's taking longer possibly due to you being a little older than the average BBer.

I know it sucks right now but I am so certain that you're going to get there. Just keep going.

Not sure about improvement, just feel I'm in limbo at moment. Realise  the lightbulb moment of suddenly feeling OK ain't going to happen! I  do think if you're older takes longer, had lot of family stress that has undoubtably hindered progress, cut off contact with toxic family now so hopefully help. I am trying not to post so much on here, as get frustrated with some of the comments you receive at times. Think there are several of us with bad anxiety/ mental symptoms shame we don't get more responses here,  I know lot people only look on main forum, think it does help to talk with others going through the same. Pleased you are doing OK anyway.l

Thanks leann, I appreciate the kind comment.

That lightbulb moment can and I think will happen for you. It does seem to be the nature of the beast that you won't believe it until it happens. Maybe you are scared to get your hopes up unless they are dashed?

I'm glad you have got some distance from your family. With what you have been through, the nastiness that you were exposed to at the same time as losing a parent (a big deal even if you didn't get on), all while going through psych med withdrawal symptoms. That is something that can really take a lot out of you and your subconscious brain probably hasn't yet registered that it's over. In my recovery, I have addressed and indeed am still addressing PTSD symptoms brought on by the ordeal of being abused by people who I thought I could trust. You might not be ready for that just yet but it could be something to think about. I have improved no end since confronting these issues.

You take care, leann. The weather is glorious here and I hope so for you as well, get that Vitamin D soaking through your skin!  ;)