Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group

[le...]

Yes, I have 0 stress since having to move back into my parents. It's definitely helped. Hopefully your stress will subside soon, and you can concentrate on you and your healing

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [le...]

• [Ha...]

• [di...]

• [Da...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are improving. Given up hope at moment, everyone else seems have improved in shorter time than me. Yes if family support you makes tremendous difference, sadly mine large part of my problems.

Leanna,

It was an AD that threw me into acute.

I think they are worse than benzos.

Curious you were on zopiclone for sleep?  Did you just take it at night?  Were you on much?

Yes I have the mental stuff you do.  I do think it is far worse than the physical.

This sounds like my group. I'm certifiable for sure, bedridden with anxiety/OCD all day long along with severe depression.

Sorry to hear that Butterfly. I was pretty much bedridden for the past 4 months or so with mental torture. It's letting up a bit now thankfully. Hope you get some relief soon

Sorry you bedridden butterfly. Just wish I could hear from someone who recovered from prolonged mental symptoms. I can in theory go out, but only with my husband and only locally. Tried everything CBT, exposure therapy, SSRI's nothing helped. Feel I'm being attacked by my own brain.

Sorry you bedridden butterfly. Just wish I could hear from someone who recovered from prolonged mental symptoms. I can in theory go out, but only with my husband and only locally. Tried everything CBT, exposure therapy, SSRI's nothing helped. Feel I'm being attacked by my own brain.

I'm not a doctor as you we'll know Leanne, but came across this at survivingantidepresants and thought of you

"Inositol is very affective for obsessive/compulsive tandencies. I've tried it and saw a difference"

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/4908-inositol/

Thanks for suggestion, did try this but seemed rack up symptoms. I ssem be very sensitive to supplements. Someone did suggest omega 3 might try that. Just in a dark place at moment thanks to family at moment making things lot worse

I think I’m in this group too.  I can’t get my mind to shut off all the negative thoughts.  I keep catastrophizing.  I’m so restless it’s unreal.  I’m so scared to start tapering cause I think I’ll be one of the unlucky ones who is going to suffer big time.  I had covid which led to the Ativan cause the anxiety got out of control.  Wonder if I’m a long hauler from covid and the anxiety is partly coming from that.  I say partly cause I know that I’m also feeding the anxiety monster with all the negative thoughts

I think I’m in this group too.  I can’t get my mind to shut off all the negative thoughts.  I keep catastrophizing.  I’m so restless it’s unreal.  I’m so scared to start tapering cause I think I’ll be one of the unlucky ones who is going to suffer big time.  I had covid which led to the Ativan cause the anxiety got out of control.  Wonder if I’m a long hauler from covid and the anxiety is partly coming from that.  I say partly cause I know that I’m also feeding the anxiety monster with all the negative thoughts

It doesn't sound like you are stable to be honest. Is the benzo not helping at all?

It don’t know - I think it gives me anxiety to tell you the truth.  I keep beating myself up over getting on it 3 months ago.  I just can’t stop beating myself up!  I obsess with the negative thoughts.  Probably doesn’t help that I’ve only been getting 3 hours sleep a night for the last 3 months.

Well, if you're not sleeping too it's obviously not helping. Were you sleeping before starting it? It could be paradoxical I suppose, or just not enough. Difficult to know. But if it's not helping, and you clearly don't want to be taking it, you need to try and convince yourself you're better off without it (which you are) and start to taper?

I keep beating myself up for taking it in the first place.  I can’t get past that mental block.  I just wish I could just stop taking it, but I can’t.  It’s a long taper that is scaring me poopless!!!

My mental sx first started in 2015 when tapering. It was so bad I would lay on the ground banging my head. Pure insanty. Literally thinking about the same things constantly on loops and the terrible emotions behind it was x1000. That went on for about 2 years until I tried reainstating and also other meds. But then of course I had to withdraw again. I don't have the intense loops anymore but I still feel brain dead. I don't have the ability to feel 'good' and just relax. I feel like a walking zombie if that makes sense. I took really high doses of lyrica for 2 years which got rid of the loops because it acts on gaba/glutamate in some way. But now I worry a lot that I've caused other issues and potentially ruined all my receptors permanently.

I think different benzos cause different issues with physical and mental. I started getting physical issues when I reinstated and for me the mental sx are a million times worse. Not having the ability to stop thinking about bad things is pure torture.

I keep beating myself up for taking it in the first place.  I can’t get past that mental block.  I just wish I could just stop taking it, but I can’t.  It’s a long taper that is scaring me poopless!!!

There's no point in beating yourself up. What's done is done, you can't change the past. We all have regrets in life, we need to learn from our mistakes in life move on. Moving forward and not being trapped reliving these mistakes.

With regards to your taper, it might make you feel better. Why have you convinced yourself it's going to be a long painful process?? It's not the case for MOST people. If everyone who tapered off had such a horrible time, these boards would be packed and the whole medical community (and everyone else for that matter) would be aware of it. WHICH THEY ARE NOT!!

PLUS they could actually be making you worse, so coming off them might make you feel better not worse! You simply don't know until you try. One thing that is for sure 100% worrying about it is pointless.

I'm no expert on tapering as I CT'd (which has been truly horrific, but I'm doing ok!) So maybe ask for some advice on a tapering schedule, but as you've only been on 3 months I don't think you'd need a long long taper.

YOU'VE GOT THIS

My mental sx first started in 2015 when tapering. It was so bad I would lay on the ground banging my head. Pure insanty. Literally thinking about the same things constantly on loops and the terrible emotions behind it was x1000. That went on for about 2 years until I tried reainstating and also other meds. But then of course I had to withdraw again. I don't have the intense loops anymore but I still feel brain dead. I don't have the ability to feel 'good' and just relax. I feel like a walking zombie if that makes sense. I took really high doses of lyrica for 2 years which got rid of the loops because it acts on gaba/glutamate in some way. But now I worry a lot that I've caused other issues and potentially ruined all my receptors permanently.

I think different benzos cause different issues with physical and mental. I started getting physical issues when I reinstated and for me the mental sx are a million times worse. Not having the ability to stop thinking about bad things is pure torture.

Yep the looping looping looping has been horrendous. Not sure how I've managed to survive but glad to say I'm seeing some improvements now

You guys feels like the the feeling of unwellness, and the opposite of calm,  24/7, that always makes you remember what your going trought?

do you also feel a persistent feeling of tension and discomfort caused by your own mind that makes it difficult to not feel prone to always focus, and think on the same suffering? and makes you constantly think how badly you feel? And loop on It ?  For you the same suffering goes like a loop everyday ?

For you, trought the day, hours maybe , that you feel more attached to the present instead of obsessivly thinking(past or Future)or that you feel less intensity of bad feelings and thoughts? Of everything and of How are you feeling unwell,

even that do not get close to totally "kick It", or forget or Just not to think, that you feels like , in matters of obsessing and overthink, hours that your brain even that stills doing the same, you have hours that feels a little easyer in matters of It  ? Sorry to ramble. (English irs not my language) and its hard to explain

i cant even describe How my mind is disturbing me . Its so much "mind torture"that feels hard to explain, what is disturbing.. its like your own brain its not beeing able to "break" bad feelings, anxiety etc.. and like your feeling too much exitatory signaling that makes you feel so distressed. you guys simpatize with that ?

And you buddies are always feeling tense ? A persisant feeling of tension, mentally?

Hope this end for us , hugs

Yes I seem have it most of the  time. Think mine is particularly bad at moment, as had a lot of emotional stress with family treating me really badly which has made it feel like acute again. I personally think mental symptoms are a lot worse than physical ones to cope with, but no doubt others would disagree.

There are various coping things people suggest, although didn't help me they are always worth trying as work for other people. I've ordered some Omega 3 to try will let you know if it works.

Best way to describe it is  I've almost forgotten what " normal" feels like anymore. I do think I would feel differently if haven't been forced to CT zopiclone.

Just noticed this subject.  Total 58 pills for sleep from start to taper - last crumb June 2015.  I am in my 5th mental torture setback along with many other symptoms but I believe if the mental torture went away and the anhedonia, I could fight the other symptoms with more hope.  I've been in this setback for almost 3 1/2 months now.  No reprieve.

Just noticed this subject.  Total 58 pills for sleep from start to taper - last crumb June 2015.  I am in my 5th mental torture setback along with many other symptoms but I believe if the mental torture went away and the anhedonia, I could fight the other symptoms with more hope.  I've been in this setback for almost 3 1/2 months now.  No reprieve.

Neverme what caused those setbacks after being completely healed? At least you know you can make it there again.

I feel for you, I'm just entering my 2nd year and into my 6 month of apnea antidepressant setback, which was as bad as if not worse than Acute benzo.

If you don't mind me asking, what keeps setting you back? Must be terrible, but as shampoo said at least you know it will pass

I was at a subject site and forgot where when I realized this never posted.  I hope it gets to who asked the question of what caused my setbacks.

First setback - I bounced right back into life not knowing anything about setbacks so I'm guessing stress and out to eat - not always eating pure - having a cocktail out with friends - lasted 4 1/2 months

Second setback - My daughter moved out of state with my 2 young grandchildren and had only lived 5 minutes and possible internal nose cream antibiotic - lasted 3 months

Third setback - I think because I supplemented with 5HTP and Vitamin D - lasted 7 months - WORST!!

Fourth setback - I started Naturethroid - lasted 11 months - HORRIBLE!!  ALL SYMPTOMS!!

Current Fifth setback - I think COVID stress/isolation, antibiotic nose cream and Vitamin D with K supplement - 3 1/2 months so far and this is the absolute worst EVER!!!! 

In between when I am healed, I don't consciously think that I am going to have a setback.  This time around I feel so differently.  I am so scared to death that I won't heal!!  And if I do heal, I am totally going to take care of myself like I am still healing.

My take on this is that stress is a big cause of setbacks . For me this is a huge issue .  At the moment I am going through a setback from H-ll caused totally by stress, which started which almost three years ago with an evacuation from a fire . When I get through this  I am going to try to protect myself as much a possible from stressful situations .

My Mum recently treated me very badly recently. Think stress causes major setback. I was nowhere near healed but had sort stabilised with symptoms. For few weeks felt like acute again. Trying to get my head around the feeling of being rejected by my own family. I do think mental symptoms seem hang around lot longer than physical symptoms. I'm just over 2 years off zopiclone and about 10 months off anti depressants. As having a mare said I found the anti depressant experience much worse than zopiclone. It is also trying to banish the thoughts this may be permanent that keep creeping in.