Covid-19 Posts

[Ch...]

Hello All,

I initially had the j and j vaccination in April.  Last Friday I had the Moderna vaccination.  I had a feeling of pins/needles on my to tongue for about a half hour.  That evening it returned, but faded again.

Fast forward to Monday, pins and needles/numbness in hands, arms, feet, legs , face, tongue, lips and the top of my head.

Today is better, but still having sensations off and on.  I have an autoimmune disease and these symptoms can be a result of a flare.

Over all. No regrets getting the vaccination.

If anyone else has had similar symptoms, please let me know..

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Mi...]

• [Pa...]

• [to...]

This thread doesn't get many posts but I will post here because it is the appropriate place.  My extreme fear of Covid is returning with this Omicron surge.  I don't know if my fear is being driven by BWD or if it is the return of the fear I felt that caused me to take benzos in the first place.  I got the J & J vaccine plus the J & J booster.  Now I am worried that I don't have any protection against Covid, because the media reports are grim for J & J.  Also fearing more months of isolation and sheer terror over the surge.  Anyone else feeling this way?  Do you care to share?

Me.  Covid is why I was on benzos, and I stopped I've once vaccinated.  I feel like that is less common here than I'd have thought.  Without the pandemic being handled so poorly, or going on so long, I'd never have experienced this benzo hell.

I have young kids too who need school, so I can't control my own exposure.  I'm already burned out from caring from them at home and trying to work during 2020, and can't do it again.

My anxiety is getting ramped up again with omicron too.  The hospitals where I live are already full, and omicron isn't even here yet.  There is a lot to be anxious about.

However, we are vaccinated, and that's worth a lot.  If you don't feel comfortable with j&j, you could consider getting one of the others.  There are plenty of ways to do that if you want

GA, I don't think your anxiety about Covid is unwarranted. I raise my eyebrows at people who don't worry about it at all (or who say they don't). And the presence of those folks in my community and the world feeds my anxiety even more.

I was in NYC for a few days last week when Omicron started surging there. I feel lucky to have escaped without being infected. (I've been doing rapid at-home tests every other day since returning.) The surge is definitely coming to other places as well. And it just makes me want to hunker down.

And it's not dying from Covid that I'm worried about, for myself and my immediate family. Honestly, it's long Covid. I erroneously self-diagnosed with long Covid in summer 2020 when I was dealing with Klonopin WD but didn't understand it yet! I lost my sense of taste and thought for sure that I must have somehow picked up Covid even though I rarely left my house. I spent 3 - 4 months reading / participating in long Covid support groups... the symptoms are very similar to BWD. The neurological stuff, the heartrate issues, and all tests coming back as "normal." I never questioned that's what I was dealing with until I went to a functional doctor who looked at my bloodwork and said there was no evidence of Covid or other viruses. Now that I'm feeling pretty good post-benzos, the last thing I want is to descend back into the worst of my symptoms.

Anyway... all of this to say... you're not alone! High anxiety here.

(edit: And I guess I should note that I got Pfizer vaxxed and boosted!)

• 2 weeks later...

Spin, I just revisited this thread.  Exactly - I am more afraid of long Covid too.  There are several buddies who have healed from BWD who have come back to the board because they are suffering from long Covid.  Identical to BWD.  I am worried about that and about Covid throwing me into a major setback, even without long Colvid.  If I were not in recovery, I don't think I would have these fears.  Cases are surging in my city and hospital ERs are turning away ambulances.  Cannot believe it. 

AD, Same here!!!!  All of this started for me because of Covid, when I started taking Valium then Ativan which was given to me in the ER.  Our timelines look similar starting in December 2020.  I tried to stop Ativan after my first vaccine too (beginning of March), after taking it for one week.  Couldn't stop.  Suffered paradoxical reaction and interdose withdrawal for one month before stopping, and I spent the whole month of March 2021 trying to find a safe way to stop.  Did an unwise at home detox with some stupid nurses over three days and you know the rest of the story.  So here we are.  I once had a horrible reaction to polyethylene glycol used in the MRNA vaccines, so Pfizer and Moderna are not options. 

Anyway, so glad to hear from you both and I hope you continue to heal til you reach 100%.

There's no need to fear Omicron, all the data shows it milder with 70% less chance of needing hospital treatment. The vast majority of people have a cold basically. Try not to worry too much, putting yourself under unnecessary stress will probably do us more harm than Omicron.

There's no need to fear Omicron, all the data shows it milder with 70% less chance of needing hospital treatment. The vast majority of people have a cold basically. Try not to worry too much, putting yourself under unnecessary stress will probably do us more harm than Omicron.

If you are vaccinated fully.

Mare,

I totally agree and came to that realization in the last few days.  The *stress* of the pandemic is destroying my health more surely and making me more miserable for longer than any virus.  Particularly now that I'm vaxed and boosted (and know I handle these well with regard to benzo symptoms). 

But still long covid is a fear, and it's easier said than done to just give up a fear like that, especially when one has health anxiety like me. I'll always assume the worst case scenario. 

If you are vaccinated fully.

True PG, but the posters that said they had a lot of anxiety about Omicron said they were vaccinated. Was hoping to ease some anxiety. I don't want to go cluttering up the thread with stuff, but I find this doctor explains the data very well for us layman. My mum actually told me about him, she was getting into a state about it all and found him helpful.

Mare,

I totally agree and came to that realization in the last few days.  The *stress* of the pandemic is destroying my health more surely and making me more miserable for longer than any virus.  Particularly now that I'm vaxed and boosted (and know I handle these well with regard to benzo symptoms). 

But still long covid is a fear, and it's easier said than done to just give up a fear like that, especially when one has health anxiety like me. I'll always assume the worst case scenario.

Yes, long covid is a fear, but again statistically it's unlikely

Hi everyone, my intention is not to scare anyone but I was recovered for 3 years and I saw a resurgence of my symptoms after my Pfizer booster. My first two shots were ok, but two weeks after my booster, I had diarrhea and my old symptoms came back. It's been a month and I still have symptoms like hypnic jerks, burning skin, insomnia and a handful of other weird symptoms, although they have decreased in intensity.

I didn't take any other medications other than paracetamol after my booster, which was similar to what I did in the first and second shot. It's been a very rude shock because I had forgotten about withdrawal even though I took roughly 30 months to completely heal, I was well.

I'm definitely not discouraging people from getting the vaccine, and many people have taken it without any uptick or return in symptoms. So it might just be me, but I would still like to share my experience.

Hello to all.  I was quite nervous about my Pfizer booster after I experienced some pretty bad and long lasting side affects from my first two Pfizer vaccines. I finally felt well enough to get it this past Wednesday, and whew, what a relief as I had no side affects, not even a sore arm.

I truthfully am surprised that I got away scott free with the booster, but am happy now that I got it.  I did drink a lot of water before the shot, as I had read somewhere it could help to lessen any symptoms if you did get a reaction.  I also came home and rested after the 10:30 a.m., shot, and moved my left arm around to prevent any soreness.

Happy New Year 2022....let’s hope this time next year we will be done with our BWD journey....and COVID!!!

• 6 months later...
My family and I are recovering from covid in July of 2022. I feel that many symptoms are revved up especially the benzo belly. The bloating is extremely bad. Did anyone feel this and how did you cope?