Covid-19 Posts

[Ch...]

One of my daughters and her husband received the Pfizer vaccine on December 19, 2020. I spoke with them tonight and they have not noticed any adverse side effects. My other daughter and her husband are looking forward to receiving the same vaccine when new supplies arrive. They are all first line medical providers and are in this State's Phase 1 distribution plan.

My daughter is a Covid nurse and just got the first vaccine shot three days ago.  She’s doing fine except for the emotional fatigue that comes with Covid care.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Mi...]

• [Pa...]

• [to...]

:thumbsup:

I am Doctor approved. Now, the wait. I will most likely be group 3, husband should be group 2.

We will remain in quarantine except for work, groceries, gym (me) until our turn comes. We have lived in our new condo 7 months, and have yet to invite anyone over except our grown children and grands.

I am Doctor approved. Now, the wait. I will most likely be group 3, husband should be group 2.

We will remain in quarantine except for work, groceries, gym (me) until our turn comes. We have lived in our new condo 7 months, and have yet to invite anyone over except our grown children and grands.

I was not aware that gyms were open.

Baddove - so happy that you got the ok from your doctor.  I hope you had a good Christmas.  Ours was quiet and I liked it that way.  Still not 100% but I am better.

I can relate, We have lived here since October 2019 and then came winter and then covid.  We have been doing the same as you and your husband are.  Better to be safe.  Looking forward to 2021 being a better year in a lot of ways.

Julia

Glad you had a good Christmas. I am in a brutal wave. Waiting it out.

I imagine in a year or so, no way to know how long, We will enmasse leave our self and medically imposed quarantines and walk out into the great outdoors, and it will be one of the best days of our lives. Once Covid is contained (not gone, that wont happen. )

It is hard to imagine transitioning back to the pre-Covid life, we have been wholed up for a whole year.

I think it will be amazing, and we will relish it, and feel wonderful. I suspect it will take time to remember how to live without being in a pandemic.

Sorry you're having such a rough time...

I agree, it's going to be quite some time before we're able to just go out and not be worried about getting the virus. But one day that'll come.

I can't remember what pre covid life was like. Just seems so long ago.

Take care and I hope things get better for you.

Hugs,

Julia

Glad you had a good Christmas. I am in a brutal wave. Waiting it out.

I imagine in a year or so, no way to know how long, We will enmasse leave our self and medically imposed quarantines and walk out into the great outdoors, and it will be one of the best days of our lives. Once Covid is contained (not gone, that wont happen. )

It is hard to imagine transitioning back to the pre-Covid life, we have been wholed up for a whole year.

I think it will be amazing, and we will relish it, and feel wonderful. I suspect it will take time to remember how to live without being in a pandemic.

Like back with the Spanish flu, I'm sure they had to "transition back".  It took a few years for things to return to normal I'm sure.

But they had no vaccine. I'm sure it was harder.

It started to die out the second summer after it started, without a vaccine. My grandparents survived it, and Aunts and Uncles. They never even talked about it. My Dad said his father never talked about it either because it did not affect them. Maybe because there was no TV or social media where it was constantly on blast.

Spanish flu of 1918 they had social distancing, closed schools, masks and improved hygiene as their only defense. Of course back then it was easier to close schools because both parents didn't work. It eventually died out, after it recked havoc. They did not even know until 1930 that the Spanish flu was a virus. They did not know if it was a virus or a bacteria until then. Of course the Spanish flu is H1N1.

Praying for out Frontline workers. This is a rough rough time.

I’l be getting the vaccine as soon as it’s offered to the general public. I want everyone who is in health care vaccinated first, and at-risk seniors, teachers and others who can’t hunker down at home like I can.  I’m not afraid of the vaccine, there’s no chance of contracting Covid from it, and I’m not worried about feeling sick for a day or so.

Challis99,

You're 8 years Benzo free. You have had many years to heal.

Did you ever have issues with ANY meds? Anything for surgery, or sedation? Dental work ? During your tolerance? Taper? Or in the 8 years after your taper ended?

As they seem to be trying to step up rate of vaccinating here by possibly just giving one dose, really unsure whether to have it. Long way off being recovered but don't want it to push me back into severe acute. As any supplements made symptoms awful . Am wondering if we've both had it anyway,  as back in April lost all sense taste for couple weeks, off food, felt a achey, tired. What are you all going to do, bit of a conundrum! I'm not in high risk group and was OK with flu vaccine but think it's different type of vaccine?

As they seem to be trying to step up rate of vaccinating here by possibly just giving one dose, really unsure whether to have it. Long way off being recovered but don't want it to push me back into severe acute. As any supplements made symptoms awful . Am wondering if we've both had it anyway,  as back in April lost all sense taste for couple weeks, off food, felt a achey, tired. What are you all going to do, bit of a conundrum! I'm not in high risk group and was OK with flu vaccine but think it's different type of vaccine?

Here is some good information on the vaccine that should reassure you. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=249980.0

My husband and I are signed up at our pharmacy, they said it should be two to three weeks.  Will I be scared, yep, but I will be sitting there with my arm out.  Wishing all of us taking it, as few side effects as possible.  Will post when I get it 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷♥️

My husband and I are signed up at our pharmacy, they said it should be two to three weeks.  Will I be scared, yep, but I will be sitting there with my arm out.  Wishing all of us taking it, as few side effects as possible.  Will post when I get it 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷♥️

I only see one person here on benzo buddies who has gotten the Covid vaccine so far (Jeniferrr). I'm surprised there are not more.

Rollout is very slow in the US anyway.  So far only frontline healthcare workers (and politicians and celebrities  ::)) have gotten them.  Nursing home folks are getting started. 

My daughter is a nurse and had her first vaccination two weeks ago.  Did fine.  A friend who is 74 got one the same day, also did fine.  :thumbsup:

Husband is covid positive as of 23rd Dec. I started having symptoms the 18th with nausea and low grade fever. I had a mild cough for past 7 days or so. The nausea is just persistent! Me and my kids have waves of feeing okay then waves of nausea and absolutely no appetite. Husband has gone about 4-5 days not eating much.

How long does this nausea last? It gives me such a feeling of dread.

I also am tapering zoloft really slowly.

I’m on clonaz 0.25mg split twice a day - tapered to about 0.235mg (split twice a day) over the last 2 months.

I feel like trash and only have 3 more days off of work before my covid quarantine is over.

How long will this nausea last? 🤢

Regarding the vaccine . . . rollout is extremely slow in our state. The 1 a group has hardly begun to be vaccinated. Both my partner and I are due to be vaccinated after the 1 as -- health care workers, nursing home residents, seniors over 75. Then there are the 1 bs -- essential workers, first responders, and perhaps teachers (still debating this). Then us. But it'll be awhile. We're ready now.

Bummer.

:(

Katz

Has anyone had vaccine yet? Still undecided, trying roll it out quicker here, by leaving it 12 weeks between doses. As in yet another B lockdown, thanks to bumbling Boris not reacting to things quickly enough. After assuring everyone schools were safe, now shut them until end Feb after 1 day back.

Has anyone had vaccine yet? Still undecided, trying roll it out quicker here, by leaving it 12 weeks between doses. As in yet another B lockdown, thanks to bumbling Boris not reacting to things quickly enough. After assuring everyone schools were safe, now shut them until end Feb after 1 day back.

Leann,

So far I've only come across one person who has gotten the Covid vaccine here on BB.

Jenniferrr got the vaccine. Here's a link to her post :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=250119.0

I'm kind of shocked that I have not seen more people here on Benzo Buddies get the vaccine thus far. I understand the roll out is slow, but even so, BB is huge, and a lot of people work in healthcare.

If anyone else sees someone on BB get the Covid vaccine,  please let us know. Post a link.

The Covid info is under "general health and well being".

A large Orange Colored main title needs to be created for Covid and the Covid Vaccine. It should not be under another main category. It needs to have it's OWN main category that's easy to get to.

I hope benzo buddies creates this. Covid info gets lost under that "general health & well being" category.

Covid is a very very important topic for people in withdrawal. People who may become sick with Covid or who get the vaccine , or who are considering getting the vaccine need this info to be easier to get to. It's a part of life in a big way and affects those in withdrawal too.

The people who run BB Please create a main section for this already.

Leann -- Wow Schools are closed until feb in your country? Here in my state in the US, our governor has every school deciding on it's own to be open or not, and it's just created a mess. He just "caved" to the pressure of a society where both parents work and school is a babysitter.

--- and people still are vacationing  like they are entitled,  and going to parties and gatherings and bars. We know 12 people who have gotten Covid, and they've traveled or had weddings or gatherings and they got sick, and got their family and friends sick.

Hello,

Anything Covid related, and ESPECIALLY info about the vaccine and having easy access to buddies who have gotten the vaccine is a VERY important topic for those in withdrawal.

It is not enough that it is under "General Health and Well Being." That's too "hidden away".

Covid is a part of daily life during these unprecedented times.

Please make a MAIN ORANGE HEADING FOR COVID & THE COVID VACCINE, and get it out of "General Health and well Being."

Covid has been around almost a year. It's long overdue. This topic is very important.

Our prime minister totally inept. Told everyone could see family at Xmas 3 days later we were banned from any contact. Teachers and other MP's have been saying was unsafe to send schools back he ignored them all. 1 day after sending them back, total U turn shutting them all. Teachers furious gave them no time to try organise at home learning. . Had member of his cabinet on radio saying it was a total shambles. I agree needs be on main forum about covid. I'm really unsure about vaccine hardly anyone seems come on here.

Thanks I'll read it. Replied to you on the other forum as well ranting about our rubbish goverment. I agree this should be on this page it affects everyone we will all be facing decision whether to have the vaccine. Especially here as they are pushing to vaccinate everyone. The whole thing been total shambles over here, totally inept goverment, constantly waiting until things reach crisis point before they do anything.

Just read she's a frontline worker, I can understand why she had it. I'm retired not mixing as we're in lockdown very worried might make symptoms worse.