Covid-19 Posts

[Ch...]

Thank you baddove.  Yesterday, I had shortness of breath, severe headache and severe nausea among other symptoms.  Looked them all up, I have everything except the loss of taste at this point.

Apparently Vitamin D is not working. 

Anyway, thanks for the advice, going to call today, get tested.  UGH!

Sorry you are going through this. Let us know how your test comes out. We care.

Also, do not turn to YouTube for medical input. The people on there are not doctors, and many of their claims are ridiculous.  They also have no way to examine you, give you tests, or understand your symptoms.

Follow the advice of your medical provider. If you have questions, ask them. Those folks spent 12 years in school to get their license, have a history of treating many people, and usually have the best ides and answers to your questions.  They also can meet with you one on one, which is the only way to get a good diagnosis.

Likewise, we can't give you medical input other than information and our own experience. We have a lot of great medical knowledge here, in specific forums. However, you are unique, and again, your doctor is your best source to turn to.  We will always be happy to provide you with sound facts, and we will always care about how you are doing. 

The others in here came down hard on you for thinking vitamins could cure or prevent Covid. It is because we don't want you or anyone else following erroneous claims made on the internet.  We want you to be safe and healthy and turn to your doctor when you have concerns. It can be a matter of life or death.

-keep in touch

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Mi...]

• [Pa...]

• [to...]

Hi, I just received the first dose of covid vaccine.  I just rejoined BB tonite,  You can read my post under introductions and feel free to reach out to me with any questions.  I was really nervous but glad that I decided to get the vaccine. 

Hi, I just received the first dose of covid vaccine.  I just rejoined BB tonite,  You can read my post under introductions and feel free to reach out to me with any questions.  I was really nervous but glad that I decided to get the vaccine.

Good for you hope!  Thanks for posting  :D

A friend of mine got out of the hospital from Covid a week ago. He said it was the worst experience of his life. He still has a very hard time breathing, as it went to his lungs. His doctor says it will take at least 6 weeks before he gets relief.

Please be careful, mask, glove, social distancing, etc.

Get the vaccine.

Covid-19 can kill you, and can also cause permanent damage. It is not worth any risk.

A friend of mine got out of the hospital from Covid a week ago. He said it was the worst experience of his life. He still has a very hard time breathing, as it went to his lungs. His doctor says it will take at least 6 weeks before he gets relief.

Get the vaccine.

Covid-19 can kill you, and can also cause permanent damage. It is not worth any risk.

Thank you so much for posting that baddove.  500,000 lives.  How can anyone not want to be careful?  I will never understand.  :(

I agree Mary. My youngest son (29) had it 3 weeks ago, and is still recovering. No hospitalization. Have lost one friend to it, a local rancher in his seventies who was very active and healthy. He did not survive.

I am so diligent, that I keep a mask by the front door for when one someone knocks. Got a knock today, and couldn't find my mask, so I answered the door with a paper towel over my nose and mouth.

My 2 daughters who are teachers, and my husband who is a part time teacher, plus 68, are in the current group waiting their turn.  My oldest daughter had an allergic reaction to the MMR vaccine as a baby, and has had a few talks with her doctor and school about this. Technically, she should not get the vaccine. However, if she wants to keep teaching without the vaccination, she will have to use a mask, a shield, and gloves, plus constantly sanitize.  She will probably get the shot, but have to be monitored for anaphylactic shock.

If she is at very high risk for a bad reaction to the vaccine, yet she and her doctor are preparing for it (She will probably get it in the hospital in case it goes bad,) then no one has an excuse.

I will be on my way to Colorado Springs to care for her/ and or her children if things go bad.  This vaccine is more benign than the MMR, so hopefully any reaction she has wont be severe.

Please people, the vaccine is nothing compared to having Covid-19. We may all go into waves, but we do anyway, and in this situation it is worth it.

I agree Mary. My youngest son (29) had it 3 weeks ago, and is still recovering. No hospitalization. Have lost one friend to it, a local rancher in his seventies who was very active and healthy. He did not survive.

I am so diligent, that I keep a mask by the front door for when one someone knocks. Got a knock today, and couldn't find my mask, so I answered the door with a paper towel over my nose and mouth.

My 2 daughters who are teachers, and my husband who is a part time teacher, plus 68, are in the current group waiting their turn.  My oldest daughter had an allergic reaction to the MMR vaccine as a baby, and has had a few talks with her doctor and school about this. Technically, she should not get the vaccine. However, if she wants to keep teaching without the vaccination, she will have to use a mask, a shield, and gloves, plus constantly sanitize.  She will probably get the shot, but have to be monitored for anaphylactic shock.

If she is at very high risk for a bad reaction to the vaccine, yet she and her doctor are preparing for it (She will probably get it in the hospital in case it goes bad,) then no one has an excuse.

I will be on my way to Colorado Springs to care for her/ and or her children if things go bad.  This vaccine is more benign than the MMR, so hopefully any reaction she has wont be severe.

Please people, the vaccine is nothing compared to having Covid-19. We may all go into waves, but we do anyway, and in this situation it is worth it.

Please keep us posted on how your daughter does.  I will pray all your family members do well with the vaccine.  My husband and I can get one now if we could just get an appointment.  When we do, will be there with my arm stuck out.  ;)

Get the vaccine.

Baddove,

They're saying 1 in 10 people in the United States have gotten the vaccine. I'm surprised there are not more people here on the benzo buddies forum that have gotten the vaccine. Wonder why that is ????

I know in my state we're only at 65 and older, people with medical conditions that are on a list of those certain conditions, MRDD and teachers. That's where Ohio is anyway on the vaccine rollout as of the end of February. Like 1.6 million people in the US getting the vaccine a day. I mean wow. We're making history here.

1 in 10. That means for every 10 people you know one has had the vaccine. Wow. Imagine come like July like everyone you know will have the vaccine.

My husband has a client in his 40's who got Covid. He got it in his lungs too. Yeah, this was back in December. He and his family got it. His family had mild cases. He did not. He did not want to go to the hospital for fear of the ventilator. He had a good friend, also in his 40's back early on in the pandemic who was on a ventilator for a month and died anyway. Therfore he refused to go to the hospital. He had some days during his Covid illness that he doesn't even remember. He had a pulse Ox down into the 80's. Yeah. It was bad. My husband talked to him on the phone last week. He is back to work now. (He's a builder) but has to quit by about 2pm every day because he gets tired. He is much better, but says this may be his life from now on or maybe not. No one knows exactly yet. We only know as time passes. But, he is much better now. It took him awhile, but he's much improved besides the low energy. He got Covid at a destination wedding around the holidays. Yeah. He traveled and stayed at a condo with a group of people. About 11 of them who attended the wedding got Covid. Not very smart of them.

I still see people doing dumb things. Putting themselves at risk out in public. Our employee's 16 year old kid got it at school. When they reported it to the school, as you are supposed to be responsible enough to do, the school told his family: "Well, at least you reported it. There are some families who send there child to school sick with Covid and don't report it because the parents both work and school is their babysitter !"

Wow!! How eye opening. No wonder the Coronavirus spread so bad in the US. People just don't care. In fact they're careless. Their kid is recovered and he's fine back in school.

No one else in the household got Covid. 

We've known some others who got Covid too. A mother in her 70's of bad health who had some symptoms. Not in her lungs though. She has recovered 100%. Anyway her daughter had accidentally drank after her mom. Drank right out of the same glass. The daughter got sick. Was run down for a week. She got tested 4 times, but never tested positive for Covid even after drinking after her infected mom. Isn't that something?

We know someone who's wife is a nurse. He works as a construction contractor. Has a couple kids. The wife never got Covid yet,  but he did. A mild case. The rest of the family did not get it.

My good friend's dad 89 years old got Covid. He was in the hospital on Bipap for over a week. They thought he was going to die. He said his "Good byes" to his family via Skype. He survived and he's home. Isn't that something?

As time passes.... we're all learning about this ... as time passes. The vaccine too. We're learning about the effectiveness of that too. There's good news about the vaccine everyday.

Yeah, as time passes. The number of cases and hospitalizations have gone down drastically since the holiday surge. It's good news. So glad to hear that for the frontliners, and for everyone. I pray for the frontliners everyday.

Especially people who work out of the home and/or have kids. And of course all of the obvious people at risk, and everyone.

Do you work in the frontlines Baddove?

Get the vaccine.

Baddove,

They're saying 1 in 10 people in the United States have gotten the vaccine. I'm surprised there are not more people here on the benzo buddies forum that have gotten the vaccine. Wonder why that is ????

I know in my state we're only at 65 and older, people with medical conditions that are on a list of those certain conditions, MRDD and teachers. That's where Ohio is anyway on the vaccine rollout as of the end of February. Like 1.6 million people in the US getting the vaccine a day. I mean wow. We're making history here.

1 in 10. That means for every 10 people you know one has had the vaccine. Wow. Imagine come like July like everyone you know will have the vaccine.

My husband has a client in his 40's who got Covid. He got it in his lungs too. Yeah, this was back in December. He and his family got it. His family had mild cases. He did not. He did not want to go to the hospital for fear of the ventilator. He had a good friend, also in his 40's back early on in the pandemic who was on a ventilator for a month and died anyway. Therfore he refused to go to the hospital. He had some days during his Covid illness that he doesn't even remember. He had a pulse Ox down into the 80's. Yeah. It was bad. My husband talked to him on the phone last week. He is back to work now. (He's a builder) but has to quit by about 2pm every day because he gets tired. He is much better, but says this may be his life from now on or maybe not. No one knows exactly yet. We only know as time passes. But, he is much better now. It took him awhile, but he's much improved besides the low energy. He got Covid at a destination wedding around the holidays. Yeah. He traveled and stayed at a condo with a group of people. About 11 of them who attended the wedding got Covid. Not very smart of them.

I still see people doing dumb things. Putting themselves at risk out in public. Our employee's 16 year old kid got it at school. When they reported it to the school, as you are supposed to be responsible enough to do, the school told his family: "Well, at least you reported it. They're are many families who send there child to school sick with Covid and don't report it because the parents both work and school is their babysitter !"

Wow!! How eye opening. No wonder the Coronavirus spread so bad in the US. People just don't care. In fact they're careless. Their kid is recovered and he's fine back in school.

No one else in the household got Covid. 

We've known some others who got Covid too. A mother in her 70's of bad health who had some symptoms. Not in her lungs though. She has recovered 100%. Anyway her daughter had accidentally drank after her mom. Drank right out of the same glass. The daughter got sick. Was run down for a week. She got tested 4 times, but never tested positive for Covid even after drinking after her infected mom. Isn't that something?

We know someone who's wife is a nurse. He works as a construction contractor. Has a couple kids. The wife never got Covid yet,  but he did. A mild case. The rest of the family did not get it.

My good friend's dad 89 years old got Covid. He was in the hospital on Bipap for over a week. He survived and he's home. Isn't that something?

As time passes.... we're all learning about this ... as time passes. The vaccine too. We're learning about the effectiveness of that too. There's good news about the vaccine everyday.

Yeah, as time passes. The number of cases and hospitalizations have gone down drastically since the holiday surge. It's good news. So glad to hear that for the frontliners, and for everyone. I pray for the frontliners everyday.

Keep telling everyone to get the vaccine. Spread the word.

Especially people who work out of the home and/or have kids. And of course all of the obvious people at risk, and everyone.

Do you work in the frontlines Baddove?

* Update *

Oh, I see that your daughters and husband are teachers. Yeah, oh. I see your concern. They are really working right out in it.

I am waiting for my second shot of the pfizer vaccine . Even when I am ' safe ' I will observe the tried and true rules of mask , social distancing and hand washing . I met my first anti - masker today . He came to the A.D.U we are building to do woodwork . Luckily I was able to communicate with him outside and at a distance of 12 feet , I was doublemasked and this annoyed him . I don't understand why this has become about personal freedom . Here in Oregon we have rules and thankfully most people keep them ,

Wow. Telling someone to get the vaccine who could go into analphylactic shock. Wow. This vaccine is obviously being pushed no matter what.

Analphylactic shock is one of the worst medical emergencies there is. If it doesn't kill you, it can harm your organs like shutting down your kidneys where dialysis is needed for life.

Also, Epipens/epinephrine mostly work and are very very reliable yes. But, sometimes, in RARE cases the allergy is so severe that they don't.

I hope your daughter's possible vaccine allergy is really low to non existent.

I guess if you look at it from that point of view. The point of view where a doctor tells a patient to go ahead and get something they're allergic to and risk analphylactic shock. Then yeah, then "no one has an excuse" to not get the vaccine. But, wow what are we as a society and in the medical world asking people to do here? I understand your daughter's history with the MMR vaccine as a child.

But, if there's a true, severe known allergy to the covid vaccine or to a component in it, telling someone to go ahead and get the vaccine and be in the hospital to be treated for analphylactic shock when it happens is quite "ballsy". I was a Registered Nurse for a period of time in my life and I've never seen anything like this where people have suggested such a thing.

If it's a TRUE, KNOWN, SEVERE ALLERGY then get out the crash cart because that person could go into cardiac arrest from the analphylactic shock. At that point what is the advice doctor is giving people on these vaccines? I mean a person could still not get Covid at all, ever.

This thinking of:  "Get a vaccine, be a hermit for life, or get covid" is simply not true. Is it risky ? Yes. But, giving someone something that they are truly, severely allergic to is more dangerous than the possibility of getting Covid or getting a severe case. A person can get through life without getting Covid. But, putting a known allergen into someone's body intentionally is quite risky.

If someone has a true, known, severe allergy to the covid vaccine, or a component in the vaccine (which there are most definitely people like this) I think I'd rather change jobs where I'm not working  in the public where there is a higher chance to get Covid.

I mean:

- Possibly get covid.

- Get analphylactic shock from a vaccine that one is allergic to.

- Or work from home and be safe.

Wow. The decisions people are having to make due to this pandemic.

Wow. Telling someone to get the vaccine who could go into analphylactic shock. Wow. This vaccine is obviously being pushed no matter what.

Analphylactic shock is one of the worst medical emergencies there is. If it doesn't kill you, it can harm your organs like shutting down your kidneys where dialysis is needed for life.

Also, Epipens/epinephrine mostly work and are very very reliable yes. But, sometimes, in RARE cases the allergy is so severe that they don't.

I hope your daughter's possible vaccine allergy is really low to non existent.

I guess if you look at it from that point of view. The point of view where a doctor tells a patient to go ahead and get something they're allergic to and risk analphylactic shock. Then yeah, then "no one has an excuse" to not get the vaccine. But, wow what are we as a society and in the medical world asking people to do here? I understand your daughter's history with the MMR vaccine as a child.

But, if there's a true, severe known allergy to the covid vaccine or to a component in it, telling someone to go ahead and get the vaccine and be in the hospital to be treated for analphylactic shock when it happens is quite "ballsy". I was a Registered Nurse for a period of time in my life and I've never seen anything like this where people have suggested such a thing.

If it's a TRUE, KNOWN, SEVERE ALLERGY then get out the crash cart because that person could go into cardiac arrest from the analphylactic shock. At that point what is the advice doctor is giving people on these vaccines? I mean a person could still not get Covid at all, ever.

This thinking of:  "Get a vaccine, be a hermit for life, or get covid" is simply not true. Is it risky ? Yes. But, giving someone something that they are truly, severely allergic to is more dangerous than the possibility of getting Covid or getting a severe case. A person can get through life without getting Covid. But, putting a known allergen into someone's body intentionally is quite risky.

If someone has a true, known, severe allergy to the covid vaccine, or a component in the vaccine (which there are most definitely people like this) I think I'd rather change jobs where I'm not working  in the public where there is a higher chance to get Covid.

I mean:

- Possibly get covid.

- Get analphylactic shock from a vaccine that one is allergic to.

- Or work from home and be safe.

Wow. The decisions people are having to make due to this pandemic.

On the other hand, if everyone who could get the vaccine safely would choose to do so then this would free up those with true medical conditions to be exempt.  But alas in this world of conspiracy theories and selfishness we can't count on altruistic responses.

Fortitude and Pam

My daughter is trying to make the best decision she can. Her doctor did not tell her to get the vaccine, it is policy at the schools. As a teacher, she is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I am confident her doctor will give this serious consideration. She may tell her it's not  something she should do. I will keep in touch with her as she nears her deadline, and see what has been decided.

The biggest  issue has to be the ingredients in the MMR (which she had a bad reaction to,) and the Covid -19 vaccine.

Daughter will not be getting a Covid Vaccine at this time. Her doctor looked at all the data, and determined she is too high risk.

Her doctor said wait a year for more data, and also, new vaccines are in progress for people who tend to have physical problems taking them. I wont get into that science, but it is exciting.

I am so relieved.

She is quite willing to engage in all the PPP's at school .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
im scared  i have a auto immune disease that makes me achy , klonopin withdrawal is making me achy . The first Moderna shot kicked up my pain level but only for 2 days. Im getting the second shot on thurs . im scared  ordinarily before july of 2020 i would pop a klonopin.  I can not do that anymore. I have a boyfriend who will take care of me for a couple days but my reactions to vaccines in the past ( shingles ) have been intense.  Im scared of what can happen. Im writing my will. I know this fear could also be my withdrawal symptoms but that doesn't make it feel less scary 

im scared  i have a auto immune disease that makes me achy , klonopin withdrawal is making me achy . The first Moderna shot kicked up my pain level but only for 2 days. Im getting the second shot on thurs . im scared  ordinarily before july of 2020 i would pop a klonopin.  I can not do that anymore. I have a boyfriend who will take care of me for a couple days but my reactions to vaccines in the past ( shingles ) have been intense.  Im scared of what can happen. Im writing my will. I know this fear could also be my withdrawal symptoms but that doesn't make it feel less scary

I react to a lot of medications, and always have, even before benzos.  Teeny tiny doses were the norm for me.

I had the Moderna vaccine in March and April.  The first dose wasn't much, a little fatigue, but the 2nd one packed a bit of a punch.  I laid low for a couple of days and it passed.  Try not to be afraid, what you feel will be temporary.  I expected a reaction and was OK with it knowing that the reaction meant my body was producing antibodies.  As a person of a 'certain' age, I was far more worried about contracting Covid.  You are going to be OK. 

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thank you baddove.  Yesterday, I had shortness of breath, severe headache and severe nausea among other symptoms.  Looked them all up, I have everything except the loss of taste at this point.

Apparently Vitamin D is not working. 

Anyway, thanks for the advice, going to call today, get tested.  UGH!

Sorry you are going through this. Let us know how your test comes out. We care.

Also, do not turn to YouTube for medical input. The people on there are not doctors, and many of their claims are ridiculous.  They also have no way to examine you, give you tests, or understand your symptoms.

Follow the advice of your medical provider. If you have questions, ask them. Those folks spent 12 years in school to get their license, have a history of treating many people, and usually have the best ides and answers to your questions.  They also can meet with you one on one, which is the only way to get a good diagnosis.

Likewise, we can't give you medical input other than information and our own experience. We have a lot of great medical knowledge here, in specific forums. However, you are unique, and again, your doctor is your best source to turn to.  We will always be happy to provide you with sound facts, and we will always care about how you are doing. 

The others in here came down hard on you for thinking vitamins could cure or prevent Covid. It is because we don't want you or anyone else following erroneous claims made on the internet.  We want you to be safe and healthy and turn to your doctor when you have concerns. It can be a matter of life or death.

-keep in touch

I have to disagree on this. Trusting the advice of medical doctors is what got me into this mess to begin with. I found so much more helpful advice from Dr. Google and Dr. YouTube, including finding this forum. If I had continued to listen to my MD I would have entered detox where they would have CT me off. I say take your power back and do your own research. Pray about it and make your own decisions.

• 2 months later...

I am over the fence and vaccination day is close (this week).

My tinnitus sounds a bit louder or its pitch higher, idk, I might be somewhat sensitive these days. But reading mixed reports on the shots scared me and brought me to this dilemma even considering not taking any vaccine.

I am afraid of unexpected stuff in the long term or a possible increase in the tinnitus volume and I really don't know what to do.

Any similar experiences, advices or comforting thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I am over the fence and vaccination day is close (this week).

My tinnitus sounds a bit louder or its pitch higher, idk, I might be somewhat sensitive these days. But reading mixed reports on the shots scared me and brought me to this dilemma even considering not taking any vaccine.

I am afraid of unexpected stuff in the long term or a possible increase in the tinnitus volume and I really don't know what to do.

Any similar experiences, advices or comforting thoughts would be very much appreciated.

I would personally have more fear about Covid, especially with the Delta variant becoming widespread throughout the world.  I've always been sensitive to medications, even before benzos.  I do get 'sick-ish' for a couple of days following the flu shot. I've had the flu and will take the side effects of the vaccine any day.

It's not just about us personally, it's about protecting those who can not get vaccinated, our children under 12.  We can help keep them healthy by taking the vaccine.  We can keep ourselves and our families healthy by taking the vaccine.

I did have a rough couple of days after my second dose. I was fine with enduring that, rather than getting Covid. Once 2 days past I was fine once again.

I taught remotely for over a year and have just started in person lessons again. I missed it so much and hopefully will be able to continue in person teaching. We all have a hand in this, it's important.

Thank you, pianogirl. Which vaccine did you have?

Where I live I can take AZ, JnJ and Pfizer. Idk what to think about any or if any of them are more secure in theory regarding long term effects.

Thank you, pianogirl. Which vaccine did you have?

Where I live I can take AZ, JnJ and Pfizer. Idk what to think about any or if any of them are more secure in theory regarding long term effects.

I had Moderna but my husband and son had Pfizer.  Both of them had less severe side effects with the 2nd dose than I did.  Who knows the reason for this, it could be just me.

For the first several months of wd, I reacted badly to every medicine and supplement I tried. Based on the severity of those reactions and my presumed risk for severe covid, my team of docs all agreed that I should not take the vaccine. I lived as carefully and distanced as possible for all of this past year, and I prayed my sensitivities would subside enough to allow me to safely receive the vaccine one day. Then, last month, out of nowhere, I needed an emergency surgery for an abdominal/pelvic issue. I had no choice but to take necessary meds in the hospital, and I was shocked and overjoyed to have almost no reaction to anything. Almost as soon as I woke up from surgery, I felt like it was time to get the vaccine. I allowed myself a few weeks to recover from the surgery and clear any meds/anesthesia left in my system, and today, I received the Johnson & Johnson.

It has been precisely 12 hours since injection. My symptoms seem comparable to people without cns injury at this point. I had fatigue within a few hours of the shot, and I’ve had body aches, minor chills, a few palps, and a mild headache come on within the past hour. As far as wd goes, I’ve had an uptick in burning skin (but it just blends in with body aches) and some manageable air hunger. I will continue to document my experience for anyone interested to know about it.

I am so thankful to have received the vaccine, and I see these side effects as a necessary part of building immunity. I pray it will just be a few uncomfortable days and all good after that.

Beauty

Just checking back in to update: hours 12-24 after my J&J brought 101 fever, chills, body aches, and nausea. I took some Tylenol, and that helped immensely. I am now 24 hours past injection, and I’m feeling very much in the midst of the immune response. I will need to take ibuprofen shortly (I’m alternating them as needed). Everything has been manageable.

I have had no noticeable change in my withdrawal symptoms the last several hours. I did have mild burning skin last night, but it’s not been here today.

Best wishes to all others who’ve taken or are considering taking the vaccine. I really wrestled with the decision, and I’m so glad to be on the other side of it.

Beauty

Just checking back in to update: hours 12-24 after my J&J brought 101 fever, chills, body aches, and nausea. I took some Tylenol, and that helped immensely. I am now 24 hours past injection, and I’m feeling very much in the midst of the immune response. I will need to take ibuprofen shortly (I’m alternating them as needed). Everything has been manageable.

I have had no noticeable change in my withdrawal symptoms the last several hours. I did have mild burning skin last night, but it’s not been here today.

Best wishes to all others who’ve taken or are considering taking the vaccine. I really wrestled with the decision, and I’m so glad to be on the other side of it.

Beauty

It sounds like you are having typical reactions to the Covid vaccine. I had them as well. I told myself that I'd rather feel this than actually have Covid.

I hope you feel better soon.

pianogirl  :smitten: