Covid-19 Posts

[Ch...]

Hello,

Anything Covid related, and ESPECIALLY info about the vaccine and having easy access to buddies who have gotten the vaccine is a VERY important topic for those in withdrawal.

It is not enough that it is under "General Health and Well Being." That's too "hidden away".

Covid is a part of daily life during these unprecedented times.

Please make a MAIN ORANGE HEADING FOR COVID & THE COVID VACCINE, and get it out of "General Health and well Being."

Covid has been around almost a year. It's long overdue. This topic is very important.

The team made the decision to put Covid related topics in one thread on the General Health and Wellbeing board and this is where I've merged your thread.  Some members are doing their best to stay away from this topic as it can be very triggering, out of respect for them I hope you'll abide by our decision. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Mi...]

• [Pa...]

• [to...]

One of my daughters & her husband got the 1st of 2 doses of the vaccine around mid December, 2020. My other daughter and her husband received the 1st of 2 doses today. They are all feeling fine.

I am pretty mad at the mods for this

I literally can’t find the Covid topics unless I search for them. This is ridiculous

Especially with the new vaccine it should be it’s own board and easily accessible and all in one place.

Most of the Covid posts have been moved and then the links are shut down.

This is unacceptable

Meganz, putting all Covid related topics on one board in one thread makes it easier for you to access the information, Katz gave you the Covid thread and this is the vaccine thread. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=250119.0

If you want to find them at any time, simply go to the General Health & Well Being board.

As for being mad at the mods, remember that anger can lead to stress and stress can lead to increased symptoms.

3 hr 9 min ago

Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine on track to apply for emergency use authorization at end of the month

From CNN's Jacqueline Howard and Nick Neville

Drugmaker Johnson & Johnson could apply for emergency use authorization of its Janssen Covid-19 vaccine around the end of this month, Moncef Slaoui of Operation Warp Speed said during a briefing on Tuesday.

Slaoui said millions of doses should be available by the end of February.

"We are very clear – we, meaning Operation and Janssen Pharmaceuticals – that analysis will be completed before the end of the month, and EUA submission will take place at the end of this month," Slaoui said on Tuesday.

"In terms of vaccine dose availability, if submission is happening at the end of January, one could project that approval of the emergency use authorization may happen somewhere in the middle of the month of February," Slaoui added.

"We project to have single-digit million number of doses available in the second half of February," Slaoui said. "We're trying to make that number get as close to a double-digit number as possible and then a larger number in March and a much larger number in April. Remember, this is a one-shot vaccine so those are millions of individuals fully immunized."

https://www.cnn.com/webview/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-01-12-21/h_2b80bdf2e866dd9b8d0aaafe1b5b7d72

• 3 weeks later...
I had Covid in early December and it attacked my nervous system and digestive system. I was in severe distress so I borrowed a Clonazepam and used it as needed and when it seemed like Covid symptoms ended. I felt good for 4 days and then nausea started and I was having issues again. I thought that I was having Post Covid Infection because the symptoms were similar so I continued using Clonazepam and I'd be good for 4 days. It happened over and over until I realized that it was like clockwork every 4 days. At that moment I realized that it was withdrawal symptoms. Now I'm having to taper and try to get off this poison. Some of the symptoms are identical to my Covid Symptoms. Shortness of breath , back pain stomach discomfort.

Pamster....no one can find this thread. I’m looking at you on this. I can’t find it unless I click on my posts where you’ve directed us here. That’s why no one is commenting

Pamster....no one can find this thread. I’m looking at you on this. I can’t find it unless I click on my posts where you’ve directed us here. That’s why no one is commenting

Hi Meganz,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty finding the threads related to the discussion of Covid related topics.  Others on the forum don't seem to be experiencing the same problem since there are 5 threads on this topic on the General Health and Well Being board with 210 replies.  If you need help locating these threads please start a help desk ticket and we'll point them out to you, that way you can comment on each one and they'll come up in your Show new replies to your posts.

Pamster

I was put on the waiting list today for the 1st of two CoVid vaccinations. I'll likely get approved soon for either the Moderna or Pfizer .. whichever becomes available for me first.

I had Covid in early December and it attacked my nervous system and digestive system. I was in severe distress so I borrowed a Clonazepam and used it as needed and when it seemed like Covid symptoms ended. I felt good for 4 days and then nausea started and I was having issues again. I thought that I was having Post Covid Infection because the symptoms were similar so I continued using Clonazepam and I'd be good for 4 days. It happened over and over until I realized that it was like clockwork every 4 days. At that moment I realized that it was withdrawal symptoms. Now I'm having to taper and try to get off this poison. Some of the symptoms are identical to my Covid Symptoms. Shortness of breath , back pain stomach discomfort.

How are you now?

Do you think benzo actually helped covid symptoms? Were you ok before covid in terms of bwd? From your signature, you stopped benzo in 2015 and I hope you are out of woods for good.

I got covid 8 month after jumping off valium. In very serious condition now, major symptoms from covid are all nervous system related although I have others too like breathing, heart etc. The worst is stroke and seizure.

I MAY have caught Covid.  Saw my eye doctor to check cataracts a week or so ago, and now I'm really sick.  Started with severe inner trembling and then stomach digestion problems and now severe headache and nausea. 

Trying to find out what the symptoms are guys. Let me know.

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms reported – from mild symptoms to severe illness.

Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

Fever or chills

Cough

Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing

Fatigue

Muscle or body aches

Headache

New loss of taste or smell

Sore throat

Congestion or runny nose

Nausea or vomiting

Diarrhea

Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:

Trouble breathing

Persistent pain or pressure in the chest

New confusion

Inability to wake or stay awake

Bluish lips or face

Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Learn more on cdc.gov

For informational purposes only. Consult your local medical authority for advice.

BTW, Covid is a virus, no vitamin or suppplement will cure it. It takes a vaccine to create immunity.

My youngest child had Covid, as well as many friends. The primary complaint was intense fatigue and muscle ache beyond any pain they have felt before. Just an FY!.

Just listen to a doctor on Youtube saying Vitamin D3 can beat Covid if you get it.

This is disinformation-mongering. Don't "prescribe" or advocate (without evidence) this loony position. It's okay with me if you believe nonsense, but don't push it on others. "Just listen" is doing just that.

:nono:

Katz

[32...]

Just listen to a doctor on Youtube saying Vitamin D3 can beat Covid if you get it.

This is disinformation-mongering. Don't "prescribe" or advocate (without evidence) this loony position. It's okay with me if you believe nonsense, but don't push it on others. "Just listen" is doing just that.

Katz

It's not nonsense, it's just wrongly formulated. Vitamin D isn't a cure for COVID, but deficiency makes you much more susceptible to respiratory tract infections.

Vitamin D supplementation was safe and it protected against acute respiratory tract infection overall. Patients who were very vitamin D deficient and those not receiving bolus doses experienced the most benefit.

http://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.i6583

Yes, that's what they said.

My first symptom started two days ago with chest pressure, problems getting a full breath and still like this now.  Today I have severe headache that has lasted all night and all day along with severe nausea.  Zero sore throat or cough.

No, pacenik. No, no, no. You said:

It's not nonsense, it's just wrongly formulated. Vitamin D isn't a cure for COVID, but deficiency makes you much more susceptible to respiratory tract infections.

Nope.

What she said is not "wrongly formulated". She is advocating that we go look at this. Do I have to quote what she said again? Here it is:

Just listen to a doctor on Youtube saying Vitamin D3 can beat Covid if you get it

I  don't give a crap what she thinks. She's entitled to her own looniness. What I resent is her spreading this crap around on BB. She's advocating this a "cure", just as the nutty "doctor" on youtube. She told us to "just listen". She doesn't get the "wrongly formulated" (what does that mean anyhow??) hall pass.

We have enough craziness going on about the virus. Why do we have to listen to her spreading BS about cures for Covid.

Really.

Again,

Katz

baddove,

Is your child doing better now?  Terrible to see kids suffer with this.

My child is actually 29. Yes, I am old. Thank you for asking. He is still recovering, but the first week was the worst. At this point, he goes about his business but gets waves of fatigue, and sleeps a lot.  You could call your doctor, health department, whatever or whoever is handling Covid tests in your community. You can describe your symptoms, and if the provider has any sense that you could have Covid, will set up a time for you to get tested.

I hope you don't have it, but it's a great idea to be sure so you can take the appropriate care of yourself as well as go inot quarantine so no is infected.

Take care!

Thank you baddove.  Yesterday, I had shortness of breath, severe headache and severe nausea among other symptoms.  Looked them all up, I have everything except the loss of taste at this point.

Apparently Vitamin D is not working. 

Anyway, thanks for the advice, going to call today, get tested.  UGH!

Which doctor? Do you have a link for the video?

There is some evidence (including for COVID-19) that good vitamin D levels are protective against respiratory diseases in general. However, the key point is to have good levels before infection. I am not aware of any evidence supporting vitamin D being at all effective as a treatment (post infection) - which is what your comment there implies.

But to be clear, although vitamin D might help as a prophylactic, it is not a panacea. You still might well become infected with COVID-19 and react very poorly (or worse).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(21)00003-6/fulltext

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2775003

Edited to add: I see others have made similar comment before me.