Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Has anyone read the Guernsey Sweet Potato Society?  Another great book which was a big hit several years ago with lots of book clubs!!!  Sounds like this book loving group is off to a great start. I will try to catch up as I can.  Enjoy fellow bookies :smitten:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather Graham is the actress in this movie., Gardener. Unless there's another remake of it that I'm unaware of.

That grandma is a Byotch! The half uncle comment....uh oh! And if that's the case, why say that in front of those kids!

And how would she have kids but her dad doesn't know about them? The grandmother knew. I'm pretty sure word would have gotten back to them after all this time. Don't you guys think so? I think they're lying to the kids that the grandfather doesn't know about them. I'm ready to jump through the book and  :boxer: grandma & mom

[96...]

Shayna and LadyDen, thanks for the well wishes for hubby.  I want him back to "work" around the house soon!!

Gardenguru, I read Guernsey Potato Peel Society and absolutely loved it.  The book club where I used to live did it one month and the group agreed that it is a great read.  It is a movie on Netflix now and I liked the movie, too.

Hugs to you all! This is a great group even if I'm not reading the book!!

Kate    :smitten:

Has anyone read the Guernsey Sweet Potato Society?  Another great book which was a big hit several years ago with lots of book clubs!!!  Sounds like this book loving group is off to a great start. I will try to catch up as I can.  Enjoy fellow bookies :smitten:

Haven't read it but sounds like a good one to add to the list. Happy to have you

Hey GG x glad u can join us! Audiobook very relaxing if u can manage it x glad to have u join in  :) no I haven’t read that it did they make a movie about that? Xx

Heather Graham is the actress in this movie., Gardener. Unless there's another remake of it that I'm unaware of.

That grandma is a Byotch! The half uncle comment....uh oh! And if that's the case, why say that in front of those kids!

And how would she have kids but her dad doesn't know about them? The grandmother knew. I'm pretty sure word would have gotten back to them after all this time. Don't you guys think so? I think they're lying to the kids that the grandfather doesn't know about them. I'm ready to jump through the book and  :boxer: grandma & mom

Maybe if she completely had nothing to do with her parents they may not know about kids, that would mean no contact with no relatives. Very strange. I think the kids are starting to realize this may be longer than a few days  :(

Haven't read it but sounds like a good one to add to the list. Happy to have you

Why don’t we make this the next book? Although would be nice to choose one that no one has read. I’m going to look at 100 best books and pick a few to see what we could read next x

Another book I have waiting on my Kindle is The Library Book.  Google it and you will get a full description, read some great reviews, and find out that Reese Witherspoon has read or is reading it in her book group?  Based on a true story that will wrap its arms around all book lovers :smitten:

Ok Shayna. Find us a good one that nobody has read. Also there's several books listed in above posts plus the list I started. Let me know what you decide.

Also I think you're right about them being away so that explains why grandfather wouldn't know. They did mention she ran off for years with her half uncle.

Yes Garden, Nicole Kidman starred in movie called The Others. I recently watched it again. Great movie but not too scary.

Ok I'm starting chapters 3 & 4.

Wow we have a great group here. I'm excited  :thumbsup:

How wonderful it is that we benzo buddy warriors have come together in such a lovely way, to share our passion for and love of books and more books.  I have a sign in my bookcase that basically says a happy home is one where there is a stack of books on the floor next to my bed.  Read on :smitten:

I just had a thought, is the dad Christopher the half uncle? Is that why the grandparents want nothing to do with the kids?

I’ll go thru all the books mentioned and select ones that other buddies haven’t read, so maybe and unfortunately that means fault in our stars and gursney potato book will be out x I’ll post some suggestions in next couple of days x

Gg I agree, I have books everywhere in my house. I’ve also decided to challenge myself by finding certain book series to complete only from thrift stores! I’m working on game of thrones first... I have 4 books so far! Then I’m collecting all liane moriaty. I’m a book nerd I know!

Although I use my kindle quite often, there is nothing like the feel of a new read in hand waiting to be explored.  I have three bookcases in my home, and I live a mile from a delightful used book store, which is quaint and cozy.  Happy Reading🤓

Yes Christopher the father married his neice. And they had the 4 kids. Grandma calling them an abomination because of that.

Shay we will be happy with your selection.

I love game of thrones! I watched the series on tv. Amazing!

I read the babysitter club too as a kid.

Oh well now it makes sense! I had forgotten been over 25 years since I read the books! Yes hubby and I loved GOT too. Can’t wait for prequel! Gg I love 2nd hand book stores and libraries, I can spend hours in both x

It's good to see some of the book ideas I get through a lot to help me sleep at night so good have some new titles to get. Kate Mosse is worth a read sort of  fantasy based but not over the  top. They are quite big books normally linking things that have happened in past to the present very different. I've read all of Jodie Picoult think she's American writes about very contraversial subjects.

I haven’t read any Jody picult yet but hear she’s good. I like all genres so perhaps a fantasy one might be a good option too

I don't normally like those type but enjoyed hers it's got bit Magic the past & present colliding that type of thing she's very big over here. I'll try the Liane Moriarty one. I love Jodie Picoult some of hers quite dark.

Give them a go. That flowers in the attic sounds pretty dark. Just think she's a really good writer lot of them have unusual twist. I even thought about going to cinema as so bored but nothing on guess coz no new films being made!

Well well well....the plot thickens in Flowers in the Attic. It's getting tense for those children. They're smart kids knowing 2+2 is not 5! Especially Cathy! She's smelling a rat....Ohhhhh it's getting good!