Book lovers club!📙 New members welcome💕

[Sh...]

Shayna:  yes, our public libraries are open.  They were closed for a while but are now open.  I checked Netflix and it doesn't have Big Little Lies ... bummer.

leann:  I am going to get The Ship of Brides Monday.  I've read two of Moyes books and loved both of them.

This is a great thread everyone!  :smitten:

[/qu

Have you read ME before You and the follow up book. The subject matter sounds like it's going be depressing but I found it very moving.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [ki...]

• [2c...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[24...]

No, I don't have HBO.  But I think I've seen the book on the lending library where I live now that I think about it!

I read Me Before You and After You by Moyes, loved both of them.

I love getting book recommendations!

Has anyone watched the series big little lies? Written by an Aussie author liane moriaty. I think we will add some of her books to the list. Her books are the kind u cannot put down x 9 perfect strangers, the hypnotists love story, the husbands secret. Excellent books.

Oh yes, count me is as a fan too! I have read three books by L. Moriaty:

- Little Big Lies

- Still Alice

- Truly, madly, guilty

I really enjoyed the first two, the third one was good but not as good, in my opinion and what seems to be the consensus in reviews. I have bought Nine Perfect Strangers and am looking forwards to reading it. Have you read it, Shayna?

For those who enjoy a thriller, the book which has blown my mind is Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33574211-emma-in-the-night). Twisted until the very end, I just loved it! One of my next reads is The Night After by the same author...!

Julz  :smitten:

Has anyone watched the series big little lies? Written by an Aussie author liane moriaty. I think we will add some of her books to the list. Her books are the kind u cannot put down x 9 perfect strangers, the hypnotists love story, the husbands secret. Excellent books.

- Little Big Lies

- Still Alice

- Truly, madly, guilty

I really enjoyed the first two, the third one was good but not as good, in my opinion and what seems to be the consensus in reviews. I have bought Nine Perfect Strangers and am looking forwards to reading it. Have you read it, Shayna?

For those who enjoy a thriller, the book which has blown my mind is Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33574211-emma-in-the-night). Twisted until the very end, I just loved it! One of my next reads is The Night After by the same author...!

[/quote

Hey julz! I have read all her books except still alice and truly Madly guilty! My favorite books of hers are 9 perfect strangers, the husbands secret, the last anniversary, 3 wishes, the hypnotists Love story. I started reading truly madly guilty and struggled to get into it so will come back to it another time. Great books! Excellent will add Emma in the night to my list. Another thriller I loved is rebound by aga lesiewicz. Set in Hampton heath About a stalker of women runners! So scary but excellent!!

Hello everyone!!!! I'm so damn excited about me & Shay's book club. We want to thank you all for joining! This is going to be fun. It looks like Flowers in the attic is leading so far. That book has sequels to it and spinoffs so I think it's a great way to start our club. All we have to do is start the second book of the series when we're done with the first. There is a website that's free to read. It's called bookscool.com You simply go to the site, type in Flowers in the attic and click on it to start reading.

Here's a surprise for you guys....THIS SERIES OF BOOKS HAS BEEN MADE INTO MOVIES FOR EACH BOOK! They're produced by Lifetime Tv. You can watch them on YouTube. But please wait until we're done reading the book first.  :thumbsup:

So, let's start reading Flowers in the attic and discuss the first 2 chapters!

Welcome to the Buddie Book Club!

Thanks Shay for this great idea! Everyone applaud!  :clap:

Audiobook version of Flowers in the Attic on YouTube:

Kate  :smitten:

Thx Kate! Happy reading everyone. Flowers in the Attic chapters 1-2.  :thumbsup:

Hello everyone!!!! I'm so damn excited about me & Shay's book club. We want to thank you all for joining! This is going to be fun. It looks like Flowers in the attic is leading so far. That book has sequels to it and spinoffs so I think it's a great way to start our club. All we have to do is start the second book of the series when we're done with the first. There is a website that's free to read. It's called bookscool.com You simply go to the site, type in Flowers in the attic and click on it to start reading.

Here's a surprise for you guys....THIS SERIES OF BOOKS HAS BEEN MADE INTO MOVIES FOR EACH BOOK! They're produced by Lifetime Tv. You can watch them on YouTube. But please wait until we're done reading the book first.  :thumbsup:

So, let's start reading Flowers in the attic and discuss the first 2 chapters!

Welcome to the Buddie Book Club!

Thanks Shay for this great idea! Everyone applaud!  :clap:

Hey lady! I read the books as a teenager and watched the movie! Scared me senseless! Can’t wait to read it again!  :D

Thanks Kate!!! For the buddies not up to reading x also audible option but won’t be free. Our library here in aus does free audiobook borrows! Perhaps ur library has something similar x

- Little Big Lies

- Still Alice

- Truly, madly, guilty

Hey julz! I have read all her books except still alice and truly Madly guilty! My favorite books of hers are 9 perfect strangers, the husbands secret, the last anniversary, 3 wishes, the hypnotists Love story. I started reading truly madly guilty and struggled to get into it so will come back to it another time. Great books! Excellent will add Emma in the night to my list. Another thriller I loved is rebound by aga lesiewicz. Set in Hampton heath About a stalker of women runners! So scary but excellent!!

Oh yes, I forgot The Husband's Secret! I read that one a few years back!

I've also heard of last anniversary, 3 wishes, the hypnotists Love story - that last title had me intrigued - what did you think of those?

It sounds like you've enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers - now I'm looking forward to reading it even more  :D;)

I believe Truly, Madly, Guilty wasn't her best success. It was a bit difficult to get into, and I thought the pace wasn't as gripping as the others I've read. I did enjoy Still Alice, though!

Thank for for your new suggestion with Rebound by Lesiewicz, I'm adding it to my Goodreads 'to read' list!  :thumbsup: 

I hope you enjoy Emma in the Dark  :thumbsup: I've ordered another two by the same author - actually, I think I've ordered the only other two books by the same author - or perhaps the only other two that are currently out in paperback, as my newfound love of reading has become a little expensive  :laugh:

Warm hugs!  :smitten:

Julz xx

Thanks Kate!!! For the buddies not up to reading x also audible option but won’t be free. Our library here in aus does free audiobook borrows! Perhaps ur library has something similar x

Oh how great!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Flowers in the attic... So good so far.

What do you guys think of this family so far? Impression of the mother? The father? The kids?

- Little Big Lies

- Still Alice

- Truly, madly, guilty

Oh yes, I forgot The Husband's Secret! I read that one a few years back!

I've also heard of last anniversary, 3 wishes, the hypnotists Love story - that last title had me intrigued - what did you think of those?

It sounds like you've enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers - now I'm looking forward to reading it even more  :D;)

I believe Truly, Madly, Guilty wasn't her best success. It was a bit difficult to get into, and I thought the pace wasn't as gripping as the others I've read. I did enjoy Still Alice, though!

Thank for for your new suggestion with Rebound by Lesiewicz, I'm adding it to my Goodreads 'to read' list!  :thumbsup: 

I hope you enjoy Emma in the Dark  :thumbsup: I've ordered another two by the same author - actually, I think I've ordered the only other two books by the same author - or perhaps the only other two that are currently out in paperback, as my newfound love of reading has become a little expensive  :laugh:

Warm hugs!  :smitten:

Julz xx

last anniversary, 3 wishes, the hypnotists Love story - that last title had me intrigued - what did you think of those?

All excellent books x loved them. Nicole Kidman is home in Australia filming 9 perfect strangers in Byron bay x

I love Nicole Kidman!

Flowers in the attic- chapter 1-2

I felt bad for what seems like a happy beautiful family losing their husband and father. That's got to be very tough for children to learn to live without seeing one of their parents. And died on his birthday with everyone waiting to surprise him!

What do you think about that grandmother with all those rules! She didn't even greet those kids with a hello. Whatever happened that their mother did wasn't those kids fault! And I'm suspicious of their mother bringing them there. She knows her mother is a cold stone!

What do you guys think?

Whoops I think I’m a chapter behind. I got up to where they are packing. So sad about the dad. I thought the scene where daughter was sitting outside after hearing the news was so sad. Shows how cold the mother is and now motivated by money to take her kids into that environment. I’ll catch up today x

[24...]

Ladies, what sounded like a good idea a couple of days ago feels like something I can't fit in this week.  I've not had time to read a single word of the book.  Y'all go ahead without me because I don't foresee that I will have time this week to read.  Hubby has been sick (getting better) and I'm picking up the slack there.  I sort of knew how much he does to keep us going but now I REALLY know it!!

Kate    :smitten:

Kate, I'm sending your hubby get well wishes. It's ok that you can't join us now. On YouTube, flowers in the attic is on audiobook. That may make it easier for you. Take all the time you need, sweetie. Please hurry to return to us cuz we'll miss you so much! Thanks for letting us know your situation. Hope you're doing well. Big hugs!  :smitten:

I hope hubby gets better soon Kate! I’m listening to audiobook of it as I sometimes can’t schedule a book in too but if u can’t this round there’s always next xx

I’m interested

Hi Ann how are u going with your book? Did u manage to get a copy? Xx looking forward to hearing your thoughts  :smitten:

Really enjoying the book so far. Its so well written. Is it based on a true story? I thought it was interesting how the author simply wrote 'dedicated to my mother' and the prologue seemed a bit cryptic. First chapter very sad. As for the 2nd chapter not sure how the mum & grandma can be so cruel to four beautiful children.

I think the next book should be a bit more uplifting 😊

Hi Calmseeker. Welcome to the book club. I'm glad you're enjoying the book so far. I love it when a book or movie start off good. It just gets better! Yes I think it's a bad idea for the mom to take them to her mothers house. Something fishy is going on !

Hey calm x I agree I thought it was interesting about the dedication... I’d be a bit insulted if my child wrote a book about a nasty mum unless I was a nasty mum myself! I’m wondering what the grandma means about corinne and her half uncle?!? Sounds like something incestuous there too... geez a tangled web and we’re only a few chapters in!

I also have had some health issues crop up, but I do remember reading this book years ago and also watching the movie with Nicole Kidman.  Found both spooky and enjoyable  :o