Is it dangerous to take ativan and valium on the same day?

[Ni...]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ca...]

Yes I managed to pull through, it was hard but the anxiety has subsided now.

Yes I am still wanting to go to that clinic, they use valium there to taper you off. They don't use other drugs as far as I'm aware. They do it in 6 weeks.

It's good you're already on Valium.  I wonder if they'll give you any comfort medications if your symptoms become unmanageable, those places typically do.

I hope you'll be able to check in with us while you're there, it would be interesting to hear what you experience.  I hope they won't treat you like an addict, some of those places are geared for that, not they typical benzo users we see here.

I'm seeing a pattern Nikitis, you seem to reach for fixes which cause you to up-dose.

I've talked to my pdoc today, I've been put on 5 milligrams of valium in the morning.

I took the as needed 5 mg at 5:30 pm I felt like I needed it after a bad reaction to n acetyl cysteine.

I'm now taking 7 mg in the morning as I had a bad reaction to cbd oil.

Started on 2 milligrams of Ativan October 2019

Went to 3 milligrams of Ativan in November 2019

Started taper February 2020

1 milligram of Ativan in the morning

1 milligram of Ativan in the midday

5 milligrams of valium in the evening

Now in March was on

1 milligram of Ativan in the morning

5 milligrams of valium in the midday

Was on

0.75 milligram of Ativan in the morning

5 milligrams of valium in the midday

Till March 31st

Was on

2.5 milligrams of valium at 9 am

5 milligrams of valium at 9 pm

Had a setback after taking high dose vitamin B1, now been put on

5 milligrams of valium at 9 am

Taking 5 milligrams of valium as needed in the midday

5 milligrams of valium at 9 pm

Yes, everytime I try something new I get a setback and need a higher dosage. The doc wanted me to become stable first before admitting me to the benzo clinic. Ugh. Now been put on 7 milligrams of valium in the morning and 7 milligrams in the evening. I'm still feeling unstable..

I'm so sorry, I know how frustrating it is to not have any power over this process.  We're so used to applying what we know to help us, but this is one time when the only thing we can count on is time, this is the true healer.  I hope you can stabilize on the new dose, keep us posted how you're doing and if you go to the clinic.

Darn it Nikitis, that's the equivalent of 17 mgs of Valium, I'm so sorry.  Are you feeling more stable now, this is what your Dr was hoping for.

I've had a good day today, felt a bit weird at the end of the day but I was productive, which I am normally not. I'm feeling normal now, and have had no restlessness today except for an hour when I took vitamin C, which went away after I took magnesium citrate in water and a shower.

A girl I know quit 2.5mg of Ativan she took for sleep cold turkey, she had used it for 6 months. Which is why I thought I could do it as well. She had no symptoms afterward.

If I start to feel bad I will take the Ativan and valium again.

The Ativan should be out of your system fairly soon but it will take a week or so to realize the full extent of the withdrawal from the Valium.  Just so you know, going into full withdrawal mode is rough on your body and you may need to take a higher dose of both the Ativan and the Valium to stabilize, I feel like you're playing with fire but this is your choice and we'll support you however you need to do this.

I'm gonna wait one more day. Today I had morning chest restlessness, which went away after 2 bottles of magnesium citrate water and hypnosis. The restlessness still remains a little bit though. If I do not improve tommorow and I get another bout of chest restlessness, I'm gonna take the Ativan and valium again.

Thanks for the update Nikitis, it's so frustrating because some people can quit benzo's with little to no problems, this isn't the case for those of us who end up on BenzoBuddies.  Be safe...

I decided to reinstate. These heart palpitations seemed to be too worse. I took 10mg mg of valium.

I hope you feel better soon, it's frustrating because there are some people who can quit these drugs with little to no problems, but not us.

I noticed my morning Ativan has less effect on me. Normally it makes me very sleepy, now it just calmed me. I notice slight unrest on the chest, more of a lack of a muted feeling, not really unrest.

Does this mean I need more Ativan in order to stabilize?

I wouldn't increase the Ativan at this point, it would be better if you waited for the Valium to kick in since you increased it to 10 mgs.  You don't want to go the clinic on a huge dose that you'll only have to come off of.  I'd try to push through this, you symptoms don't sound incapacitating.

I got left over valium pills of which I took 10 mg but my normal amount of Valium that I get prescribed in the midday is 7 mg. I do get an extra 5 mg valium pill in the evening due to a mistake in the system. Maybe I could use that to my advantage. I think I'll try the 7 mg first to see if that is enough.

I dont think the detox clinic is gonna work. It's too fast of a rapid taper.

I need a plan. Could you help me @pamster in order to get this plan? I need a good schedule for tapering plus I think I  need to micro taper the valium. Are there any resources for that on here?

I agree with your determination that the detox clinic will taper you too rapidly, I've only seen one member in all my years here who claimed a successful detox, and that person may have been like your friend, someone not predisposed to benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.

Why don't you start a thread on the titration board listing your current dose of Valium and Ativan and we'll see if we can get some member input for a plan.  I think you've make the right decision and a slow taper will help you to freedom. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=164.0

I don't think the doctor would agree to do a titration.

So I'm planning on tapering off the 7 mg of valium first then tapering off the Ativan. Would that be smart?

Most members will taper the shorter acting drug first, leaving the longer acting Valium to cushion the withdrawal. 

You don't need your Dr's approval to use titration to rid yourself of benzo's, you just need your Dr to provide enough pills so you can do a slow safe taper.  Will you have that support? It would be great if he would write you a script for the 2 mg pills of Valium if you don't have them already, this will make your taper easier to accomplish.

I could ask him for that but he doesn't want to go above 7 mg of valium. Today I felt bad actually, could this be because of my cold turkey that I need more Ativan in order to stabilize? I'm not feeling unrest though. Well a tiny bit of unrest.

I took 0.5mg extra of ativan will do that for the next 3 days, then take 0.25mg extra of ativan for the next 3 days in order to stabilize.