Is it dangerous to take ativan and valium on the same day?

[Ni...]

15 mgs is better than 20, but please understand, this is not an easy process, you're going to feel pain, this is the nature of the brain healing.  I'm sorry to hear you have to hide what you're doing, this added layer of stress will not be helpful.

I'm going to start the 30 mg of valium taper once I'm at my grandpas house which will be in the upcoming weeks.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ca...]

From what you've mentioned in the past, this may not be a good fit for you, has he agreed to let you stay as long as you need to?

From what you've mentioned in the past, this may not be a good fit for you, has he agreed to let you stay as long as you need to?

He has possible mold in his house, but I'll accept that and try to not stay in the moldy TV room as much. I'll be able to stay until I go to this house where I will live with other housemates and have a day program there. It's called begeleid wonen in Dutch and means something like guided housing. It's funded by the government ment for people that have gotten into the psychiatric world and are trying to get something of their own. After a while that I will stay there I will be eligible for my own studio apartment also funded by the government.

That sounds like a great program, I hope it works out well for you.  When will you be going to your grandpa's house?

That sounds like a great program, I hope it works out well for you.  When will you be going to your grandpa's house?

Within 2 weeks. Yeah it's a great change hopefully.

I'm going to start with 15 mg of valium in the morning and 15 mg of valium in the evening. Decrease the dose with 2.5mg per 10 days. Once I reach 10 and 10 I'm going to do a water taper, where I put 10 ml of water in a jar, with the 10mg pill in it, let it dissolve by shaking it, then take 9 ml out of it with a syringe and drink it. And continue doing this decreasing the dose with 1 mg every 10 days. Sounds like a plan @Pamster??

It sounds a little ambitious so I hope you'll consider adjusting your taper rate if things get too uncomfortable.  I also feel you'd benefit from taking a look at our Titration FAQ's.  You'll need something besides water to make your home brew as explained in this information.

What are the chances the 15 mg of valium will backfire on me? I took 12 mg of valium in the morning before and suffered from withdrawal symptoms in the midday. Is there a chance my body won't tolerate valium? I tolerate 7 mg of valium well after having taken a 1 mg Ativan pill.

Valium takes some time to build up in your system, this is why its a good drug to taper with, it builds slowly and leaves slowly.  You'll need to give this process the time it needs to work.  If you'd like to talk to members who have experience with Valium, you might want to jump into the  Valium Support Group.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on 1 mg of Ativan in the morning 10 mg of valium in the midday and 5 mg of valium in the evening.

Yesterday it went fine until around 7 pm when I started to get restlessness. Today was even worse when I got restlessness at around 5 pm. I'm hopeless this situation is hopeless the cold turkey has messed me up so badly the benzos don't work properly anymore.

You're going in the wrong direction Nikitis, your dose has increased.  When we figure out the benzo's no longer work for us, when we grow tolerant to them, we realize we need to get off of them to regain our freedom. 

This is a painful process and no one has figured out how to do it without pain, the only way out is through.  I'm so sorry you're suffering you're only delaying the inevitable.  How can we help?

You're going in the wrong direction Nikitis, your dose has increased.  When we figure out the benzo's no longer work for us, when we grow tolerant to them, we realize we need to get off of them to regain our freedom. 

This is a painful process and no one has figured out how to do it without pain, the only way out is through.  I'm so sorry you're suffering you're only delaying the inevitable.  How can we help?

I figured I had to get on a stabilizing dose of V before I slowly start tapering off. I'm going to transition the 1 mg of Ativan to 10 mg of valium soon once I'm stable and then start the taper.

Sounds good, but please remember that stable doesn't necessarily mean feeling good.

Stabilize does not mean “no symptoms.” Stabilize means symptoms are tolerable and are not changing (not getting better, not getting worse, just staying about the same).

Sounds good, but please remember that stable doesn't necessarily mean feeling good.

Stabilize does not mean “no symptoms.” Stabilize means symptoms are tolerable and are not changing (not getting better, not getting worse, just staying about the same).

Right, I had anxiety this morning which was intolerable, so I took magnesium citrate water and now I feel weak. I think I took too much magnesium.

You've probably picked up on my feelings about reaching for supplements, it seems to me that they cause more harm than good for those of us going through benzo tolerance and withdrawal. 

You've probably picked up on my feelings about reaching for supplements, it seems to me that they cause more harm than good for those of us going through benzo tolerance and withdrawal.

I feel good now with no anxiety, just a lack of motivation to do anything.

It sure seems like it, it's difficult to believe it's interdose since Valium has such a long half life, your body just needs more to achieve the same effect.  The only way out of this is to begin your taper, ether that or increase your dose so you can feel better, then increase it again when your body grows tolerant again.

I know these are rotten choices but I hope you choose the one that will give you your freedom back.

• 1 month later...
Okay so I've started transitioning from Ativan to Valium, taking 0.75mg of Ativan and 2.5mg of valium in the morning. Yesterday was rough, today seems a little better.

Have you been able to discontinue the Ativan?  I know this is rough, I understand why you're feeling down.

I'm on 0.75mg of Ativan and 2.5mg of valium currently. Yeah it's rough but I'm doing okay now. The first days of the transition were hard.

Wow, you've really reduced the Valium since I spoke to you last, that's terrific!  I hope you don't have to resort to anymore rescue doses though.