Is it dangerous to take ativan and valium on the same day?

[Ni...]

Wow, you've really reduced the Valium since I spoke to you last, that's terrific!  I hope you don't have to resort to anymore rescue doses though.

I'm still on 10 mg of valium in the afternoon and 5 mg of valium in the evening unfortunately..

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ca...]

I've switched over to 0.5mg of Ativan in the morning and 5mg of valium in the morning.. So far no anxiety but I feel less "coverage" if that describes it correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a terrible setback. I was making a grilled cheese sandwich and I had to clean the sandwich iron so I grabbed a washing cloth from the kitchen counter. Unknowingly it had all purpose cleaner detergent in it and the sandwich iron plate was still hot so I inhaled the fumes from the all purpose cleaner and got a headache and lightheadedness and a weird sensation on my left chest. The headache persisted for the whole day. The next day for the first time in months I had anxiety in the morning and the day after I also had anxiety in the afternoon.

Today I had anxiety and I had to take 0.5mg of valium in order for it to go away.

So I hope this chemical injury will heal and it won't screw up my taper.

I also thought I had covid, because a housemate's girlfriend had been tested. Her test result didn't came in yet so I made an appointment for a test. Turned out her test result was negative so I didn't have it. But then I went to the testing facility and I had to open the car window, and once I did that I had a burning sensation in my chest, so I'm afraid I got infected by covid at the testing facility. I have a smokers cough but I notice I have an itching cough I normally don't have on some rare occasions. The burning sensation in my chest changed to a mild clenching pain. I also took lion's mane the same day I had the test for the first time since a long time I took a supplement so that might have something to do with it as well. This is terrible.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't good for you Nikitis, those chemicals you inhaled don't sound good!  I'm glad you only took .5 mg of Valium though, so you haven't messed up your taper. 

I think they're pretty careful at those testing facilities aren't they, I would hate to think that getting a Covid test will result in you getting Covid.  :-\

I'm sorry to hear things aren't good for you Nikitis, those chemicals you inhaled don't sound good!  I'm glad you only took .5 mg of Valium though, so you haven't messed up your taper. 

I think they're pretty careful at those testing facilities aren't they, I would hate to think that getting a Covid test will result in you getting Covid.  :-\

This morning I didn't have anxiety but when I went to sleep in the afternoon I woke up with anxiety. Smoking a few cigarettes made the anxiety go away a bit but it still remains. I also notice I have speech impairment, I switch words sometimes and I notice my English isn't as fluent. Yeah at the testing facility the air could be filled with covid droplets and I might have inhaled those. The guy who checked on my information wasn't wearing a mask either although he kept a bit of distance.

So far the only symptom I have right now is speech impairment a little bit and my English being less fluent. I read that covid even with mild symptoms can severely damage the brains.

Man I wish I'd never went to that testing facility and cleaned that sandwich iron with that cloth.

Are you showing any symptoms of Covid and has the headache from the chemical and chest sensation gone away?

I have a smokers cough but I notice I cough more than normal. I get a tiny amount of stuffy nose which could also be because of the smoking. The headache and chest sensation have gone away.

I notice I forget words like for example the dish washer I forgot today what it was called.

Many members mention memory problems while on and withdrawing from benzo's, but it sounds like you've recovered from the chemical exposure, I'm glad.  Hopefully you'll get past the incubation period and find you're Covid free.

Many members mention memory problems while on and withdrawing from benzo's, but it sounds like you've recovered from the chemical exposure, I'm glad.  Hopefully you'll get past the incubation period and find you're Covid free.

Yeah thanks. I notice my English fluency when speaking to my online friend is less. I wonder if the covid damaged my brains. Or if it was from the chemical exposure.

I noticed I had a small fever or something this morning, my forehead was abnormally warm along with my neck. It went away later on in the day.

I measured my temperature at the end of the midday and I didn't have a fever I had a perfect temperature.

I would blame benzo's before either of those scenario's, benzo withdrawal really effects cognitive function.

It can't be coincidental with the testing, I've had it since the testing.

Did you get your test results yet?

My last test result was negative but that was the time I think I got infected at the testing site. I didn't go in for another test.

Okay I understand, if you got the virus at the testing facility then your first diagnosis would be moot, very frustrating.  Has your cough lessened in severity?

Okay I understand, if you got the virus at the testing facility then your first diagnosis would be moot, very frustrating.  Has your cough lessened in severity?

Yes my cough has gotten less in severity. Thanks for your support. Tomorrow I'm going to transition to 0.25mg of Ativan and 7.5mg of valium.

Whats your current dose?  According to your signature that would be a big drop.  :o

I still haven't transitioned from 0.5 mg of Ativan to 0.25 mg. I was adviced by a friend to be stable for 5 more days first.

I'm currently on

Morning

0.5 mg of Ativan

5 mg of valium

Midday

10 mg of valium

Evening 5 mg of valium

I got great news. An addiction doctor is willing to work with me prescribing me the right amount of valium and Ativan, and he's also the researcher of the flumazenil treatment and he was gonna look into if I can participate in the treatment earlier than the 5 months I was told 2 weeks ago.

This is good news Nikitis, I'm happy to hear you've found a Dr willing to work with you, keep us posted on your progress.  I hope if you take the flumazenil treatment you'll let us know how it goes, there are many members who have tried it.

• 3 weeks later...
So the doctor still has to think about if he wants to treat me, I've sent him an email and I have to wait for his response now. Meanwhile I forgot to take my evening dose of 5 mg of valium the same day I visited the doctor because of all the stress I had from visiting him. I took the dose 10 hours later in the morning. I also forgot my risperidone which I took 10 hours later. Ever since I have more anxiety, and the valium seems to work less long. It has improved a little bit but yesterday at this time of day I felt better than right now. Could this be neurological damage/tolerance Pamster?

I wish I knew what was going on with you Nikitis, but I don't know enough about Valium to give you a good reason why you're feeling this way.  Have you visited the  Valium Support Group to ask for their input? 

Tolerance is probably something to consider but missing one dose of your Valium shouldn't be the reason why you're feeling more anxious, I would think that worrying about missing that dose is more likely driving your anxiety.  Also, comparing one day to another and trying to find the reason why is tough because our symptoms can change day to day without making any changes, this is the nature of this process.

I wish I knew what was going on with you Nikitis, but I don't know enough about Valium to give you a good reason why you're feeling this way.  Have you visited the  Valium Support Group to ask for their input? 

Tolerance is probably something to consider but missing one dose of your Valium shouldn't be the reason why you're feeling more anxious, I would think that worrying about missing that dose is more likely driving your anxiety.  Also, comparing one day to another and trying to find the reason why is tough because our symptoms can change day to day without making any changes, this is the nature of this process.

I have asked in the valium support group, they said they doubted it's neurological injury or tolerance. But I'm not sure. It seems typically as if the valium works for only 8.5 hours instead of 12 now. It's not me worrying about missing the dose, the physical anxiety suddenly comes on and I just assume it's gonna be better everyday. I took lions mane today and it increased my anxiety for an hour before it settled down, probably because of the detoxification of the valium. But it can heal brain damage so that's why I took it.

I was stable for days without any symptoms until I missed the dose.. so it definitely has to do with missing the dose.

Thanks for explaining, I don't doubt you know your body well enough to have an accurate sense of what you're feeling.  I wish I knew how to help, have you been tapering at all, what is your current dose of Valium and Ativan?

Thanks for explaining, I don't doubt you know your body well enough to have an accurate sense of what you're feeling.  I wish I knew how to help, have you been tapering at all, what is your current dose of Valium and Ativan?

I'm still on 0.5mg of ativan plus 5 mg of valium in the morning, 10 mg of valium in the afternoon and 5 mg of valium in the evening. I'm awaiting my doctor's approval to get his prescriptions right now and it has been 2 days now and he still hasn't got back to me.

So my addiction doctor is gonna prescribe me 12 mg of valium in the morning and 12 mg of valium in the evening, starting 11 November. He won't give me the chance to cross over from the ativan to valium in quarters so I will be going from 0.5mg of ativan to 12 mg of valium in one day. Hopefully I'll be stable enough to handle that. I had physical anxiety all day now, probably from the lions mane detoxifying the valium from my body. He's gonna treat me till February, then he will transition me to a more local addiction center which will guide me and prescribe me my valium.