Is it dangerous to take ativan and valium on the same day?

[Ni...]

I see. A friend of mine says I'm not stable as the Ativan wears off at 4 pm and says I should take more benzos to stabilize before I start tapering. Is this good advice?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ni...]

• [Pa...]

• [Ca...]

I don't think so, you seem fairly stable to me and stable doesn't mean feeling good, it means you don't feel too terrible to continue.  The nature of the withdrawal process is unpleasant and the fact that your Ativan wears off is just all the more reason to eliminate it and only be left with the Valium.

Are the Dr's who run the clinic directing your taper, why is your friend providing input?

I discuss my taper with my friend regularly, she has tapered off klonopin so she has experience.

My doctor is going to discuss the tapering strips with the medical director of the clinic as it comes from a different pharmacy. I'm yet to hear from him about it. Next week Thursday I will know.

I drank lemonade syrup with water and it revved me up badly, I wasn't sensitive to sugar before why am I now?

Today I took the 7 mg of valium at 9 am. 1 hour in and I'm doing well. I might be able to cut out the Ativan all at once. Will keep you updated.

That would be great if you could eliminate the Ativan, good luck.

I didn't last until 2:30 pm with the Valium unfortunately I had to take the Ativan to not feel miserable.

So that's it for the day, no more benzo's until tomorrow when it's time for your morning dose of Valium?

So that's it for the day, no more benzo's until tomorrow when it's time for your morning dose of Valium?

I take ativan in the morning at 12 am and 7 mg of valium in the midday at 5 pm.

Except that today you took the Valium at 9:30, this is going to leave you without coverage until tomorrows Ativan dose. 

Except that today you took the Valium at 9:30, this is going to leave you without coverage until tomorrows Ativan dose.

Yes I know, I might take some extra tomorrow or tonight.

Are you still in the clinic, aren't they monitoring your dosages?  You seem to be dosing erratically which isn't what we would typically advise. 

I'm still in the clinic yes, I asked if I could go home and they gave me my medicine roll which I could use to dose as I want. However I'm now going to return to my original dose which is Ativan at 12 am and 7 mg of valium at 5 pm.

Tapering is uncomfortable but reaching for more pills isn't the answer and if you've got a limited supply this may cause you to run out putting you short.  Its important that you stick to a set schedule of slow steady reductions.

This morning I felt alright except that I had a craving for cigarettes which ran out. If I had cigarettes I would've felt fine. However, while on the Ativan I felt a bit sick and unresty at the start. Yesterday the Ativan stopped working properly after 2 hours.

I wonder if the lions mane I took yesterday has something to do with it I didn't take it today and it kept working till 5 pm.

There are many members who have gone this route, be sure to use the search function to see what they've experienced.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to do a valium taper where I start with 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening, then taper off 2.5mg every 10 days. What do you think Pamster?

Are you still on 1 mg Ativan and 7 mgs Valium?  The equivalency for this would 17 mgs Valium, why would you more than double your dose to go on 40 mgs of Valium a day in order to taper from it?

Are you still in the clinic, what do they say about your plan?

Are you still on 1 mg Ativan and 7 mgs Valium?  The equivalency for this would 17 mgs Valium, why would you more than double your dose to go on 40 mgs of Valium a day in order to taper from it?

Are you still in the clinic, what do they say about your plan?

I'm going to buy the valium, I'm not gonna tell them about my plan. My pdoc didn't want any talks anymore about benzos.. So I'm screwed. I changed my dosing times but I feel like it's not working I get nso around 7 pm. I'm officially still on 1 mg of Ativan and 7 mg of valium yes.

Okay, thanks for explaining.  A taper from Valium would be a good thing but please be careful about where you get it, I've seen members talk about acquiring drugs they think are Valium and it ends up being Etizolam.

I hope you don't plan to increase your dose to 40 mgs a day.

Okay, thanks for explaining.  A taper from Valium would be a good thing but please be careful about where you get it, I've seen members talk about acquiring drugs they think are Valium and it ends up being Etizolam.

I hope you don't plan to increase your dose to 40 mgs a day.

I think I need 40 mg in order to stabilize.. Due to the cold turkey.

I was too afraid they would see me put the Ativan in my pocket so I didn't take the 15 mg of valium (I decided I went with 15 and 15 instead of 20 and 20)

15 mgs is better than 20, but please understand, this is not an easy process, you're going to feel pain, this is the nature of the brain healing.  I'm sorry to hear you have to hide what you're doing, this added layer of stress will not be helpful.