Jordan Peterson's year of 'absolute hell': Professor forced to retreat....

[co...]

I’ve never heard of this man before either except here on BB.

He certainly seems to have a huge following however.

I read this Sputnik article but didn’t watch the video.

If he did use a Fluoroquinolone, with all these psychoactive substances, that’s truly dangerous.

In fact, Fluoroquinolones are dangerous antibiotics whether you’re  taking any drug or not taking any drug whatsoever.

And how many true extremely slow tapering facilities do we have here in the United States anyway? Not many if any that I’m aware of. Why he had to go to Russia to detox is a mystery to me. This country is “infested” with detox centers and hospitals.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [id...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve never heard of this man before either except here on BB.

He certainly seems to have a huge following however.

I read this Sputnik article but didn’t watch the video.

If he did use a Fluoroquinolone, with all these psychoactive substances, that’s truly dangerous.

In fact, Fluoroquinolones are dangerous antibiotics whether you’re  taking any drug or not taking any drug whatsoever.

And how many true extremely slow tapering facilities do we have here in the United States anyway? Not many if any that I’m aware of. Why he had to go to Russia to detox is a mystery to me. This country is “infested” with detox centers and hospitals.

i have experience getting health care in both hemispheres. in russia they are a lot more risk taking and experimental. the lawsuit culture is basically non-existant there. things must've got so desperate for them that they were willing to try anything anywhere. of course in North America medics and centers could offer them so much for fear all the legal limitations. And the line that russian medicine is not influenced by big pharma is also true.

This is the story published by Sputnk News:

https://sputniknews.com/russia/202002081078259858-jordan-peterson-goes-to-russia-for-emergency-treatment-after-4-weeks-in-icu-daughter-says/

I wonder if his pneumonia condition was treated with a fluoroquinolone antibiotic?

It appears to me that he jumped from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. But that doesn't really surprise me in that he has been likened to the proverbial phrase of "The Pot Calling the Kettle Black."

So as not to sound unsupportive, I extend my best wishes to Jordan Peterson on the remainder of his journey.

Oh, you might be right. They must have treated him with FQs at some point too. If he's been going from one doctor to another and being "misdiagnosed" they might have thrown antibiotics in there, even just for the heck of it, but especially if he had pneumonia. If the reports of torn ligaments will start coming in (although, I hope not), we'll know for sure FQs were involved.

I heard it too. She was saying they were going to put him on shorter acting benzos and ot bgg or drugs..wtf. It's like they just think its k that's bad. I wrote to them telling them to read the Ashton manual. I hate to see him get messed up like I did. Terrible.

DD it's good we're not rich, at least we didn't end up being CTd in Russia just to be put on benzos again. The news says he's on an antipsychotic so he's probably on gabapentin. I wonder if he'll end up on the LHSG gabbing with us.

What is LHSG?

The funny thing about this (without being disrespectful) is that he has been on Joe rogans podcast a few times which I love and has always been adamant that psych meds can help a lot of people. I've also found it weird that of the thousands of guests on joes podcast hes never had someone on thats been messed up by benzos. I mean this is a crisis but joes not shy about lifting the lid on things. And a story of having your brain turn to smush for years from a prescribed medication is a pretty interesting story. Maybe is jordan goes back on he will be the one to lift the lid and spread the word.

A couple more news articles about JP popped up on my cell phone news scroll in the last 24 hours -- one more from Toronto and one from Australia. With his large international following, his story is of interest to people here, there and everywhere.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/family-says-professor-jordan-peterson-recovering-from-addiction/wcm/1a202403-0c51-4662-81b6-510298914f68

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-09/jordan-peterson-is-recovering-from--tranquiliser-addiction/11947500?pfmredir=sm

I don't think they realize yet that time is the only way to normalizing the mind and body after an episode like this. I'm sure his opinion of psychotropic drugs will be evolving. Should be interesting.  He has a long long way to go to get back to "normal".

He has some deep love hate fascination with russia. There is some psychological stuff he is acting out. But that's where he is and we were too I suppose.

It sounds like they are just describing withdrawal an the fly and learning new stuff about it. Nobody really describes it accurately. It's based on all kinds of wishes and needs as well as half understood terminology.

I thnk JP will not want to be weak in public as much as he is going to be and we have to see how he negotiates it.

It does surprise me that a man who thinks, studies and reads as much as he does did not research what can happen with psychiatric medications. There's a lot of information available now -- more than ever before. I do wonder what he might say about these meds following his recent experiences with them. If he's been on antidepressants, they, too, can cause major problems (during use, during withdrawal and afterwards), especially if there are interactions with other meds.

Here are some more articles that have recently appeared since Mikhaila shared her Youtube video. Be prepared for the ugliness that the first article exposes. Whether we agree or disagree with the man's views, it seems rather evil to "celebrate" his current situation. Ugh.

"Social justice lunatics celebrate Jordan Peterson’s struggles"

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/social-justice-lunatics-celebrate-jordan-petersons-struggles/ 

"FUREY: Jordan Peterson has done so much good — we owe him our gratitude"

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-jordan-peterson-has-done-so-much-good-we-owe-him-our-gratitude 

I was watching a video about Mikhaila Peterson's difficulties in growing up with health problems. She took a large number of pills that were prescribed to her, including Ativan, and maybe that's why Jordan was so apt to be on benzos. She was able to get off Ativan easily, though, while he's been suffering a great deal from Klonopin.

I really hope we hear the details from the man himself sooner rather than later. There's so much that's unknown, and it would help to understand better what exactly has happened and how it all came about. Obviously, there's a larger backstory here.

I was watching a video about Mikhaila Peterson's difficulties in growing up with health problems. She took a large number of pills that were prescribed to her, including Ativan, and maybe that's why Jordan was so apt to be on benzos. She was able to get off Ativan easily, though, while he's been suffering a great deal from Klonopin.

It's not like she chose to take all of those pills. She was put on them as early as 2 or 4 (cannot remember for sure, but before 5). Which means that JP and his wife were always happy to throw drugs at every problem. Their very young daughter seems a bit sad? Anti-depressants! ADs don't help? Let's add anti-psychotics! APs make her jittery? Add benzos! Cannot wake up because of the cocktail of drugs? Adderall!

It's not like she CHOSE to take those drugs as a child. Her parents were definitely convinced that those drugs were okay. What Mikhaila CHOSE was to STOP all the drugs.

So there's no surprise JP didn't research Klonopin. He always was a huge proponent of psychiatric drugs, in his personal and public life.

Here are some more articles that have recently appeared since Mikhaila shared her Youtube video. Be prepared for the ugliness that the first article exposes. Whether we agree or disagree with the man's views, it seems rather evil to "celebrate" his current situation. Ugh.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/social-justice-lunatics-celebrate-jordan-petersons-struggles/ 

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-jordan-peterson-has-done-so-much-good-we-owe-him-our-gratitude

The first article -- ouch. Do not agree with kicking someone when they're already down.

I have to say, though, he probably DID cause a lot of harm by promoting psychiatric drugs to millions of people. I don't have a strong opinion about his political views because I only listened to him a couple of times, so I have absolutely no resentment towards him because of that. But I think he was pretty reckless suggesting people pop ADs like candy.

The first article -- ouch. Do not agree with kicking someone when they're already down.

I have to say, though, he probably DID cause a lot of harm by promoting psychiatric drugs to millions of people. I don't have a strong opinion about his political views because I only listened to him a couple of times, so I have absolutely no resentment towards him because of that. But I think he was pretty reckless suggesting people pop ADs like candy.

This seems possible.

He has some deep love hate fascination with russia. There is some psychological stuff he is acting out. But that's where he is and we were too I suppose.

His daughter's husband is Russian which explains Peterson's connection to Russia.

I don't have enough specifics on Peterson and his benzo issues and treatment, but in reading about his case it does not seem like the family has a good plan or know what they are doing and are jumping from one rehab facility to the next based on the advice of so-called experts.  I imagine that the rehab places were trying some type of rapid taper, which may have made him worse.  I am not trying to be glib, but it doesn't sound like they had the knowledge level or people with the knowledge level that is present on this board.

A physician assistant affiliated with the Benzo Information coalition pointed out that he may have been put on a fluoroquinolone antibiotic for the pnemomia which would have prevented the benzos from attaching to his gaba receptors and put him into a cold turkey withdrawal.

All this would explain why he is in the bad shape that he is in, or the shape that he was in.

From an article: "Following a medically induced coma, Mikhaila reports, her father is now on anti-seizure medication and has suffered neurological damage. He may never be the same."

It's not like she chose to take all of those pills. She was put on them as early as 2 or 4 (cannot remember for sure, but before 5). Which means that JP and his wife were always happy to throw drugs at every problem. Their very young daughter seems a bit sad? Anti-depressants! ADs don't help? Let's add anti-psychotics! APs make her jittery? Add benzos! Cannot wake up because of the cocktail of drugs? Adderall!

It's not like she CHOSE to take those drugs as a child. Her parents were definitely convinced that those drugs were okay. What Mikhaila CHOSE was to STOP all the drugs.

So there's no surprise JP didn't research Klonopin. He always was a huge proponent of psychiatric drugs, in his personal and public life.

I know she didn't choose to take the drugs. How could she? Her parents of course got the Rx's. I worded it incorrectly. I know very little about the family. She's a very strong person, having gone through so much pain.

This forum is public. Someone needs to clue him in. Google is helpful.

A little crowd sourced wisdom on his actual experiences and dosages and polydrugs would be helpful to him. He could be anonymous. Just getting on here once a day can be therapeutic.

I know she didn't choose to take the drugs. How could she? Her parents of course got the Rx's. I worded it incorrectly. I know very little about the family. She's a very strong person, having gone through so much pain.

You worded it correctly. I was just emphasizing the point that JP was apt to be on benzos because of his personal convictions about psychiatric meds being a good thing, not because of Mikhaila's experience. Mikhaila being on meds for so long and JP suffering now have the same roots.

This forum is public. Someone needs to clue him in. Google is helpful.

A little crowd sourced wisdom on his actual experiences and dosages and polydrugs would be helpful to him. He could be anonymous. Just getting on here once a day can be therapeutic.

Yes, I bet we could help JP figure out the taper plan better than those Russian doctors can. Unless the Russian doctors read BB :)

It does surprise me that a man who thinks, studies and reads as much as he does did not research what can happen with psychiatric medications. There's a lot of information available now -- more than ever before. I do wonder what he might say about these meds following his recent experiences with them. If he's been on antidepressants, they, too, can cause major problems (during use, during withdrawal and afterwards), especially if there are interactions with other meds.

If I’m understanding things well enough from reading this thread…my guess is that

JP entered this strange new world of how dangerous benzos are, with his eyes closed. Consequently, his thinking on benzos would be equivalent to what the majority of us have had to deal with as respects our families/friends. Their eyes are/have been super glued shut….I haven’t given up on them. But man oh man, the glue has been gorilla based stuff.

Disbelief in something that someone just can’t seem to get past as seeing as true, will in most cases take an episode/encounter to what we are currently witnessing with JP….and by extension, his family.

It’s sad, but true.

And like others have already stated…I sure hope for the best for JP and his family. His daughter is obviously very concerned and will, no doubt, play a major part in her father’s getting through this with as little discomfort as possible.

BlueRose,

Well put.  No one can fathom this unless they have been through it or witnessed close up.  Not sure I'd have believed it myself.  There are many that get off "easy" too which makes it hard to convince others that the hell some experience is real. 

There are still people on BBs who think it's impossible to have anxiety trying to come off 2.5 mgs valium, people who've been here for years reading hundreds of cases (or maybe they just don't read, IDK), so imagine trying to convince anyone from out of this forum.