Jordan Peterson's year of 'absolute hell': Professor forced to retreat....

[co...]

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [La...]

• [Fl...]

• [id...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr4PSBRS0dU

I'm only about 15 minutes into this so I can't fully comment on it but so far Molyneaux has both helped and hurt the narrative by getting some of it right and some of it wrong.

Molyneaux has a huge audience and has had both JP and Robert Whitaker on his show. I'm just hoping that he does this subject justice. There is way too much information floating around about this.

Money helps but honestly, when in the worst of this crap, I would have given it all away just to feel normal and humane again.  I pray that he gets better and can use this horrid experience to bring more light to this situation.  For the last month, I have been posting information I've gotten from BIC on my own personal FB page.  Last fall, my husband and I started spreading the word of my situation via email to friends/family.  If I can prevent what's happened to me from happening to others, then that makes ME feel like there's somewhat of a purpose to all of this. 

In any case, I feel like we've only gotten half truths to this story all along.  First, it was told that he started the meds due to stress of his wife's condition and then when he tried to stop, he couldn't.  Now, it's clear he's been on for a few years.  He probably was in tolerance but I do have to wonder if he tried to CT or rapid taper on his own and then when that failed, tried to reinstate and to a higher dose.....but his nervous system by then was destabilized.  I've seen many members on here or in other places do a detox or a CT and then reinstate but the med then no longer works, nor does a higher dose of it.  So whether it was REALLY actually paradoxical, I question that.  I feel like if what I stated is so, calling it a "rare" paradoxical reaction is a really disservice as others have mentioned.  Word really needs to get out that a slow, sensible taper from the start is what is needed for most, apart from never taking the crap to begin with. 

Anyhow, again, I pray that he gets through this and finds a purpose in all that's happened to him and can bring more awareness to the dangers of these meds.

From what I can tell, Mikhaila's most recent YouTube post is an attempt to understand what has happened to her father over the last few months. Personally, I think it's hard to get solid facts when we're hearing things second-hand. I really do hope we hear from JP himself, so that he can explain, in his own words, what is happening to him.

In her video, his daughter, Mikhaila said that he's off the benzo now. It's not clear what other meds he might be taking, though. He has a history of taking antidepressants, so he may still be on those.

The whole thing is rather sad. Perhaps he wouldn't have had such severe reactions, had he been guided through a slow, calm, home-based taper over a number of months.

Jordan Peterson's experience opened my eyes to what was happening to me. I was tapering off of Lorazepam after long term usage on my own when I hit a wall in September of 2019. Right when the first story about JPB hit the news.

Only then did I realize that all the mysterious debilitating symptoms I had experienced over the years were most likely interdose withdrawal. My Dr. didn't recognize it either. Thankfully I looked carefully into what happened to JP and realized that I needed to slow way down as I was experiencing difficult withdrawal. The info here on bb has helped so much.

My Dr. was strongly recommending detox for me off 1mg lorazepam! I was finally alert enough to realize my Dr. was ignorant and endangering my recovery.

I have successfully secured care with an Addiction Psychiatrist that is experienced and informed. I am continuing my SLOW direct taper in his care. He is recommending melatonin, Acupuncture, and cognitive behavioral therapy.

My heart is breaking for Jordan. I pray to God that JP and All of us here are comforted, relieved, sustained, and delivered from this. My prayers for everyone here.

Jordan Peterson's experience opened my eyes to what was happening to me. I was tapering off of Lorazepam after long term usage on my own when I hit a wall in September of 2019. Right when the first story about JPB hit the news.

Only then did I realize that all the mysterious debilitating symptoms I had experienced over the years were most likely interdose withdrawal. My Dr. didn't recognize it either. Thankfully I looked carefully into what happened to JP and realized that I needed to slow way down as I was experiencing difficult withdrawal. The info here on bb has helped so much.

My Dr. was strongly recommending detox for me off 1mg lorazepam! I was finally alert enough to realize my Dr. was ignorant and endangering my recovery.

I have successfully secured care with an Addiction Psychiatrist that is experienced and informed. I am continuing my SLOW direct taper in his care. He is recommending melatonin, Acupuncture, and cognitive behavioral therapy.

My heart is breaking for Jordan. I pray to God that JP and All of us here are comforted, relieved, sustained, and delivered from this. My prayers for everyone here.

Well, it's amazing to know that JP's experience has led to someone else getting the help they need and making a positive change. Good news, Bibsjo! I appreciate that you shared that story here. Let's hope you're not the only one out there who read JP's story and recognized what might be happening in their own lives. Best of luck with your taper!

I heard it too. She was saying they were going to put him on shorter acting benzos and ot bgg or drugs..wtf. It's like they just think its k that's bad. I wrote to them telling them to read the Ashton manual. I hate to see him get messed up like I did. Terrible.

I heard it too. She was saying they were going to put him on shorter acting benzos and ot bgg or drugs..wtf. It's like they just think its k that's bad. I wrote to them telling them to read the Ashton manual. I hate to see him get messed up like I did. Terrible.

DD it's good we're not rich, at least we didn't end up being CTd in Russia just to be put on benzos again. The news says he's on an antipsychotic so he's probably on gabapentin. I wonder if he'll end up on the LHSG gabbing with us.

Omg..haha. I know that's crazy. I did tell the daughter he needs to wean slow. I didn't say much. Just read the manual. He could end up on lhsp. I think he has akath3sia bad. Antipsychotics isn't going to take it away. Why Ruseia? What makes Russia know better?

Jordan Peterson's experience opened my eyes to what was happening to me.

Please write to Jordan and/ or Mikhaila and let them know how much his story helped you. JP has the notoriety to give this issue the attention that it deserves. No matter what you think about the man I'm sure most people would agree that his heart is in the right place and he is interested in helping people. If he understands how much of an impact he can make on this issue he might be inclined to take up the cause.

Omg..haha. I know that's crazy. I did tell the daughter he needs to wean slow. I didn't say much. Just read the manual. He could end up on lhsp. I think he has akath3sia bad. Antipsychotics isn't going to take it away. Why Ruseia? What makes Russia know better?

I think when you're in a very severe level of withdrawal you'll go anywhere that promises they'll fix it for you. Nothing will fix it other than time. I hope he finds BBs. The same I hope for anyone going through this.

Thats true. Oh it's really sadly he could get so messed up. He could be in a window. They may think he ok but not. Very sad. No money will 5ake away bwd  :-[

I find it rather strange that JP's Twitter account has been active for the last few months with various posts -- clearly done by someone other than JP himself -- despite the fact that he's been so ill and, apparently, in an induced coma. There's much use of the words "I" or "my". It's a bit creepy, now that we know how debilitated he has been over these last months. Perhaps he gave someone the right to post things, even in the first-person -- possibly his daughter.

I would love to write to them! Any ideas how I could get a message to them? I’m praying that he recovers enough to be able to speak again in public and bring this warning to the public.  He had a massive reach.

I would love to write to them! Any ideas how I could get a message to them? I’m praying that he recovers enough to be able to speak again in public and bring this warning to the public.  He had a massive reach.

I would try to make it concise, focus on how his story helped you figure out what was going on with you and how you learned that there are tens of thousands of other people all over the world who are going through the same thing.

If you are able to write something up, start a new post and we can give you some ideas how to tweak it.

There's also this article:

https://theprovince.com/news/jordan-petersons-year-of-absolute-hell-professor-forced-to-retreat-from-public-life-because-of-tranquilizer-addiction/wcm/57f2ad42-9efd-4999-874c-74d81820810c 

"Jordan Peterson's year of 'absolute hell': Professor forced to retreat from public life because of addiction"

"The controversial author and professor is recovering from addiction to tranquilizers and near-death in Russia, his family says"

She said Russian doctors are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies to treat the side-effects of one drug with more drugs, and that they “have the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.”

I live in NZ and never heard of Him before I read about him on Benzo buddies. Like the rest of us he and his family sure are learning the hard way, the devastating effects of benzos. It would appear he had a deep-seated and publically declared belief in the benefits of life-long psychotropic medication use. Before this. Now his family are haVing to come to terms with harm and suffering that is sanctioned by people in whom they placed their trust. It's truly awful. I feel the same way as others who he he will use his experience as a platform for awareness and change, but it's a big ask that may not be possible on basis of what these drugs have donever to his health. I am trying to come to terms with my own 'withdrawal from public life due to benzos'; my inability to function, work, participate. I am trying to accept that it will take as long as it takes. He will need time to recover too. Like we all know - it's devastating.😦

I would try to make it concise, focus on how his story helped you figure out what was going on with you and how you learned that there are tens of thousands of other people all over the world who are going through the same thing.

If you are able to write something up, start a new post and we can give you some ideas how to tweak it.

One option is to post your comments just underneath the YouTube video here:

I don't really see any public comments on the Twitter account, so perhaps that's not possible, but this YouTube video has had an enormous number of comments in the past few days, it seems.

I find it rather strange that JP's Twitter account has been active for the last few months with various posts -- clearly done by someone other than JP himself -- despite the fact that he's been so ill and, apparently, in an induced coma. There's much use of the words "I" or "my". It's a bit creepy, now that we know how debilitated he has been over these last months. Perhaps he gave someone the right to post things, even in the first-person -- possibly his daughter.

Oh god he mentions Roger Scruton as a friend. I had lecture by him at uni. Horrible!

Sorry, know this is not about that but I do find Peterson objectionable as a human being.

Oh god he mentions Roger Scruton as a friend. I had lecture by him at uni. Horrible!

Sorry, know this is not about that but I do find Peterson objectionable as a human being.

I've only watched a bit of his stuff here and there, so I can't weigh in on that. However, judging by the warm and loving comments under his daughter's recent YouTube video, he appears to be well-liked by those who follow him.

This is the story published by Sputnk News:

https://sputniknews.com/russia/202002081078259858-jordan-peterson-goes-to-russia-for-emergency-treatment-after-4-weeks-in-icu-daughter-says/

I wonder if his pneumonia condition was treated with a fluoroquinolone antibiotic?

It appears to me that he jumped from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. But that doesn't really surprise me in that he has been likened to the proverbial phrase of "The Pot Calling the Kettle Black."

So as not to sound unsupportive, I extend my best wishes to Jordan Peterson on the remainder of his journey.